Screenshot Discussion Thread

GrimReaper

OK... well thanks anyways :)

With only a small handful of people giving the critiques, it's easy for something to slip through the cracks. That being said, I've tried to step down and let others have at it.

You mentioned your character's eyes being unworldly, but they look fairly normal to me; just a vibrant blue. There's a mod I use called Flan's Eyes, which sadly isn't on the Nexus anymore (that I know of) and has a good selection of unusual eyes. As for the chin and cheeks, try playing with the width sliders and go with a more angular look rather than rounded if you're not happy with how it looks currently.

I updated Kyra. Thoughts? My first intent was to make her a vampire. Changed my mind though. Also I'm going to change her weight slider to the smallest setting.

Saw her on Tumblr and thought she looked really cute. I have to agree with you on weight; the massive boob size doesn't quite fit her innocent look.

Man, I did add "in my opinion." And, also, if she looks perfect to you then why ask for brutal criticism ? :|

Maybe I should restrain from posting in this topic from now on.

Ok, man. Get a good sleep tonight and read the whole argument (especially your last post) again when you wake up. I'm done here.

Actually, you should keep posting in this thread. It is not your fault when people think this one is the same circle-jerk wankfest that "Show your Skyrim counterpart..." is and only want a pat on the back and some praise.

And if you (general "you") are happy with something in a picture, then say so. Point out, what you want to improve. "Criticize this!" means the picture as a whole. If you are happy with the character and how it looks, then say it. Ask for the stuff you *actually* want to improve. "What do you think about the composition?", "How could I improve the lighting?"

Just saying.... there is already a thread for "likes" and "wows"

PS: I totally agreed with your opinion about the chin and jaw.

I'm sorry about my attitude. I deleted my previous posts, because they do not make any sense indeed. And yes, I had to point out want I want to improve.

My apologies.

Up for criticism part 3 with a new character Erika

~snip~

Feel free to comment on anything you don't like.

If you could take a pic in the sun with clear skies we could get a better sense of the character. Console command for clear weather is "fw 81a"

~snip~

If you could take a pic in the sun with clear skies we could get a better sense of the character. Console command for clear weather is "fw 81a"

I saw that you had some pics in the sysc thread in daylight and the only thing for me in my opinion is the hair color. It looks sort of gray and makes her seem like she's older but without wrinkles. Soon as I finish my updating too SL 1.60 and other mods I can take a pic of Nir's setting if you like. Her hair is black but depending on the light (like a campfire) it may look like a dark brown.

Edit: and sorry for the double post folks.

I updated Kyra. Thoughts? My first intent was to make her a vampire. Changed my mind though. Also I'm going to change her weight slider to the smallest setting.

Saw her on Tumblr and thought she looked really cute. I have to agree with you on weight; the massive boob size doesn't quite fit her innocent look.

So I tried adjusting her Slider, and I can't do it without a noticeable neck gap...

~snip~

Woops, sorry I didn't mean to ignore your post. I was at school :|

As you requested, below are some shots with clear skies.

TESV_2015_09_14_16_40_01_91.jpg

TESV_2015_09_14_16_28_27_81.jpg

TESV_2015_09_14_16_17_08_50.jpg

TESV_2015_09_14_16_13_57_29.jpg

The problem I'm having right now is that her skin color makes it very hard to set up lighting for the shot. Anyone has a lighting mod that works well with dark skintone ?

~snip~

Woops, sorry I didn't mean to ignore your post. I was at school :|

As you requested, below are some shots with clear skies.

~snip~

The problem I'm having right now is that her skin color make it very hard to set up lighting for the shot. Anyone has a lighting mod that works well with dark skintone ?

Looking at the these pics there is nothing wrong with the skintone. It's just that fires that give that orange light can make anyone's skintone look over saturated.

The problem I'm having right now is that her skin color makes it very hard to set up lighting for the shot. Anyone has a lighting mod that works well with dark skintone ?

You could try a few things: You could add a little blue to the skin color in RM to make it less saturated and you could tone down the SSAO amount in your ENB settings. ENB has a problem with SSAO and dark skin because the ENB applies the SSAO effect to areas that are dark, so dark skin receives a lot more of that effect than bright skin.

Also the skin is too shiny imo

You could try a few things: You could add a little blue to the skin color in RM to make it less saturated and you could tone down the SSAO amount in your ENB settings. ENB has a problem with SSAO and dark skin because the ENB applies the SSAO effect to areas that are dark, so dark skin receives a lot more of that effect than bright skin.

Also the skin is too shiny imo

Nice to know, GrimReaper!

asenasen, is that the SoS HDR enb you're using? It makes one of the most harmonious fantasy pictures out there and is fitting well to the cartoonish personality you've given the character.

If you'd like to round out the picture, I'd lower the glossiness of the specular map and the brightness of the eyes on certain (bright?) weathers.

About the char itself, what about bringing the face into line with the body? While the body is stocky and a bit thicker, there is not the slightest evidence of a double chin or a stocky neck. 

9H3mWl2.png

Snipped one picture, other angles would be nice as well.

The skin tone, lip-, hair colour and specular maps are gentle and enhancing each other, although the areola could be more defined. The head seems to be a bit small in relation to the long neck and big body.

If you'd like to create a real redhead, then I'd suggest using freckles and a subtle green eye colour, right now you've got the rarest combination on earth.

9H3mWl2.png

Snipped one picture, other angles would be nice as well.

The skin tone, lip-, hair colour and specular maps are gentle and enhancing each other, although the areola could be more defined. The head seems to be a bit small in relation to the long neck and big body.

If you'd like to create a real redhead, then I'd suggest using freckles and a subtle green eye colour, right now you've got the rarest combination on earth.

Not a fan of freckles, but the eyes for sure will be changed. As for the body, im having trouble adjusting the weightslider without a huge neck gap.

I dunno.. I really like the battle-hardened look.. my first playthrough character was pretty butch like this..

Up for brutal criticism :D

20762268654_d430bc6944_c.jpg

21385686305_987fe3702e_c.jpg

Ok, I get that you want to make a rough and masculine female warrior, but, in my opinion, that jaw and chin don't look nice together. Maybe shorten one of them a bit ?

But the magic is created in this shot when you combine the scars and look of indifference with a hint of despair. It spews out "character". The jaw is a bit strong but it works with what your trying to achieve. I think she's beautiful.

The only way to make her appear more badass is for her to lose an eye or something. 

Okay, so I have a few improvements in mind but I would like to know what you guys think..

It's a bit difficult to see her face, with either leaves obstructing the view, being too far away, or the lighting is insufficient. With a lower FOV (say 30) and with her facing toward a light source, we can get a better look at her face.

Hey guys :) ... I like to consider myself a screen archer though I'm aware that i'm not that good at it ... basically, it had to do with my puter not being able to handle ENB presets such as Bleak or similar mods... This time around, I have a little monster of a rig and though i'm not running with an ENB or any mod presets i'm quit sure it can handle most of them with everything else i'm running... With that being said, I would like to introduce my first Character that im kind of happy with. This is Holly, she has potential yet I feel something is wrong... or out of whack... so to say, I know her eyes are really fn bright! lol... but, I wanted them to be unworldly looking do to her demon blood... but I don't like her chin either and maybe her cheeks... anyway here she is :P

OK... well thanks anyways :)

With only a small handful of people giving the critiques, it's easy for something to slip through the cracks. That being said, I've tried to step down and let others have at it.

You mentioned your character's eyes being unworldly, but they look fairly normal to me; just a vibrant blue. There's a mod I use called Flan's Eyes, which sadly isn't on the Nexus anymore (that I know of) and has a good selection of unusual eyes. As for the chin and cheeks, try playing with the width sliders and go with a more angular look rather than rounded if you're not happy with how it looks currently.

I completely missed your post, itt1968, but I'll offer something up if you like. When I took a look just now, I can see what you mean about the face seeming "off" somehow... I can't put my finger on it exactly... the face seems strangely "empty" somehow. Kaos Wulf gives good advice here - there are other eye packs on the Nexus, I recommend The Eyes of Beauty.

If you're looking to experiment a little, you could try raising the cheekbone height, widening them a touch (*when raised they may immediately seem "wider" than when they're at a low height. Check the effect of the "Cheekbone Height" adjustment first before hitting the "Cheekbone Width" slider), dropping the jaw height down just a touch, angling the nose up very slightly, and slightly reducing the eye-size & perhaps closing them just a little (they seem a little bug-eyed, or wide-open, in your shots). Don't shorten the nose further. That should pair well with Kaos Wulf's advice above. :)

*Remember, you don't need to move sliders too much before you start seeing a different effect. When you do move them, stop for a moment & move the head around - check the effect from several different angles, not just the front. Then make further adjustments if you need to, & check again. Once you're happy, move to the next, and so-on. ;)

I made some updateds too my character Belinda, so her face dont look that dead/bland and gave her a new hairdo/color. So wanna hear what you guys think about it 

One thing I'm noticing is the opacity of her freckles, they don't blend well with her skin color and stand out too much to me. If you play with the alpha sliders, you can achieve a more balanced and blended look, instead of looking like someone flicked a paintbrush across a blank canvas. I think adding a bit of red to their color will look natural with her skin tone as well. Take a look at my character to see what I mean.

tumblr_nup5gt5hVA1uovz8jo6_1280.jpg

Also, what armor is that? lol

I made some updateds too my character Belinda, so her face dont look that dead/bland and gave her a new hairdo/color. So wanna hear what you guys think about it 

One thing I'm noticing is the opacity of her freckles, they don't blend well with her skin color and stand out too much to me. If you play with the alpha sliders, you can achieve a more balanced and blended look, instead of looking like someone flicked a paintbrush across a blank canvas. I think adding a bit of red to their color will look natural with her skin tone as well. Take a look at my character to see what I mean.

tumblr_nup5gt5hVA1uovz8jo6_1280.jpg

Also, what armor is that? lol

Thanks I try and play with that and the armor is Steel Plate Bikini http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69803/?

Hi, first time posting a screenshot on loverslab, kinda like the idea behind the topic, mostly when i post pics the only thing i get is likes or endorsement... but i think i'd prefer comments & criticism and maybe i'll learn a thing or two to improve my screenarchery, i actually just recently started to make them, well i did do some before but they where very simple. 

Here's a few pics from my latest set :)

Was hard to pick just one so i chose a few, but couldn't put the whole set, it's way too big.

if you want to see the whole set, it's on my Flickr

20952433034_c46f171460_o.jpg

20952436884_4c08e40375_o.jpg

20953948213_fee34c61a8_o.jpg

21584049781_b599445655_o.jpg

21584059571_461eab2965_o.jpg

21584057521_f10f18c0cb_o.jpg

20954067113_182ce99303_o.jpg

TESV_2015_09_19_19_06_51_63.pngTESV_2015_09_19_19_11_05_10.pngTESV_2015_09_19_19_18_02_70.png

I don't think the freckles have an opacity issue.. it's just that the texture on her boobs are stretched because of the size of the boobs.. maybe if you could use another freckle decal thats not so much on the boobs.. And possibly a fuller lipstick.. What you have isn't covering her lips entirely.

Archived