100 Famous Actresses of Hollyood's Golden Era (1930-1959)

This my favorite Actress 3 times Oscar winner:

Ingrid Bergman(Swedish born actress)

post-232301-0-36770300-1437578357.png

Ingrid Bergman was one of the greatest actresses from Hollywood's lamented Golden Era.

Her natural and unpretentious beauty and her immense acting talent made her one of the most

celebrated figures in the history of American cinema.

Bergman is also one of the most Oscar-awarded actresses, second only to Katharine Hepburn.

Whats your classic ALL TIME favorite?

P.S My avatar is btw Grace Kelly see is my second favorite.

I have a few.  :P

#3 Olivia de Havilland

post-66546-0-35764200-1438057283_thumb.jpg

She was Melanie in 'Gone with the Wind' and Maid Marian in 'Robin Hood' with Errol Flynn

#2 Hedy Lamarr

post-66546-0-81528100-1438057437_thumb.jpg

Played Delilah in 'Sampson and Delilha' with Victor Mature.  She also invinted the tech used for WiFi (no lie).

#1 Veronica Lake

post-66546-0-04880400-1438057836_thumb.jpg post-66546-0-90991300-1438057845_thumb.jpg

Way before her time.  She was petite, wore elevator pumps with stiletto heel, rarely wore a bra and was hell on wheels.

She took the last name 'Lake' because of her eyes.  (Just look at them!)  Also, we still see her signature hair style today

at red carpet events. Katy Perry, J-Lo, Taylor Swift, Scarlet Johansen and several others have sported that hair-do.

I have a few.  :P

#3 Olivia de Havilland

attachicon.gifOlivia de Havilland.jpg

She was Melanie in 'Gone with the Wind' and Maid Marian in 'Robin Hood' with Errol Flynn

#2 Hedy Lamarr

attachicon.gifHedy Lamarr.jpg

Played Delilah in 'Sampson and Delilha' with Victor Mature.  She also invinted the tech used for WiFi (no lie).

#1 Veronica Lake

attachicon.gifVeronica Lake 1942.jpg attachicon.gifVeronica Lake 1942 b.jpg

Way before her time.  She was petite, wore elevator pumps with stiletto heel, rarely wore a bra and was hell on wheels.

She took the last name 'Lake' because of her eyes.  (Just look at them!)  Also, we still see her signature hair style today

at red carpet events. Katy Perry, J-Lo, Taylor Swift, Scarlet Johansen and several others have sported that hair-do.

Bought a DVD box Film noir Collection it have 5 movies with Veronica Lake and she plus the movies she played are not bad at all a surprise, i think she is under rated actress better then i thought she was.

Love those old B&W movies.

Bought a DVD box Film noir Collection it have 5 movies with Veronica Lake and she plus the movies she played are not bad at all a surprise, i think she is under rated actress better then i thought she was.

Love those old B&W movies.

Off topic here:

Check out Touch of Evil.

Yeh i got that movie also on DVD :)

#1 for me by far - Lauren Bacall

Acting and looks, plus could do Comedy or Drama

lauren-bacall-the-look.jpg

#2 - Myrna Loy

He was great in Comedies and could really deliver lines.  Loved the Thin Man Series.

600full-myrna-loy.jpg

#3 - Just plain dumb Sex Appeal - Brigette Bardot

Her movies are hit or miss, but there's a few good ones.

Brigitte+Bardot+01.jpg

I find none of them attractive... well maybe Lauren Bacall but that's barely... why were chicks so ugly back then?

Like that one chick... with the mole on her face what was her name? the one that went out with Kennedy. God so ugly...

--wanders into an exhibition of classic cars, says in a loud voice "What's with all this old junk, cars

sure were ugly back then. There is expressing an opinion, and then there is just having bad manners.

I find none of them attractive... well maybe Lauren Bacall but that's barely... why were chicks so ugly back then?

Like that one chick... with the mole on her face what was her name? the one that went out with Kennedy. God so ugly...

My vote is on Barbara Stanwyck for the second one too. It's a wonder she didn't

cause some theater fires from the films reels bursting into flames; all that smouldering

she did.

I used to think Susan Dey was pretty interesting in the Partridge Family, like I wanted

her to be my babysitter or sumthin' :blush:  (give me a break, I was a little kid) but, I had it

all wrong... Shirley Jones was where it was at. So darned cute...

post-144391-0-86085400-1438840098_thumb.jpg