23 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

I played with the mod for a while and there are times where it looks like my master is talking and nothing is appear on the screen.

You need Fuz Ro D-oh to see the dialog.  You'll need that for most of the mods on this site that have dialog, since it is not voiced.  (If you already have Fux Ro D-oh, be sure that it is enabled.  You might also try reinstalling it.)

Great mod overall, however I have one major issue. When I ask a female follower something unusual, the quest doesn't update, meaning I don't receive the objective to put a collar on.  Is this due to the actors' sexuality, or am I experiencing a weird bug? Do keep in mind that I am running Simple Slavery+ as well, and have checked the box for Lola in the MCM.

Thanks in advance.

54 minutes ago, ThePopato said:

Great mod overall, however I have one major issue. When I ask a female follower something unusual, the quest doesn't update, meaning I don't receive the objective to put a collar on.  Is this due to the actors' sexuality, or am I experiencing a weird bug? Do keep in mind that I am running Simple Slavery+ as well, and have checked the box for Lola in the MCM.

No, gender isn't a factor.  Did you get to that point from SS+, or did you start the conversation normally?  It's possible that the SS+ hand-off isn't working right (I've not tested it).  You could try again (stopquest vkjStrongHand, resetquest vkjStrongHand, startquest vkjStrongHand).  Also, don't rush the dialog during that conversation by clicking through in case that causes a problem.

15 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

No, gender isn't a factor.  Did you get to that point from SS+, or did you start the conversation normally?  It's possible that the SS+ hand-off isn't working right (I've not tested it).  You could try again (stopquest vkjStrongHand, resetquest vkjStrongHand, startquest vkjStrongHand).  Also, don't rush the dialog during that conversation by clicking through in case that causes a problem.

I tried stopping and restarting the quest after grabbing the book from additemmenu and I did not skip the dialogue,  however the quest still failed to update.  As you mentioned earlier, could this be the result of SS+ and Lola not meshing well(and how would I test the hand-off you mentioned earlier?), and if so, would reinstalling either mod fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

19 minutes ago, ThePopato said:

If you're starting normally by reading the book (not starting from SS+), then having Lola as an outcome in SS+ isn't a factor.  Do you have the Zaz pack installed?  This mod uses keywords from Zaz.  You're equipping the collar that you're given?

12 minutes ago, ThePopato said:

Yes, I have Zaz 8.0 installled. The problem is that I'm not given a collar at all when talking to a female follower. The quest works perfectly for males, however.

Okay, sorry, I can't explain that.  It's worked fine for me with female followers.  I suppose you could try giving it to yourself (help "Slave's Collar" 4).

2 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Okay, sorry, I can't explain that.  It's worked fine for me with female followers.  I suppose you could try giving it to yourself (help "Slave's Collar" 4).

I've tried that too, but no dice. The objective to put the collar on simply doesn't appear. I might try reinstalling Lola, see how that goes. Thanks again for your advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered to give this mod a try but realized that I obviously need to install tons of other mods first (the mods listed as SL's requirements as well as the ones listed in their respective requirements etc.) only to fulfill SL's requirements (SL would very likely be the first and presumably only mod I intended to install), am I correct?

21 minutes ago, Outerspacespecies said:

Just registered to give this mod a try but realized that I obviously need to install tons of other mods first (the mods listed as SL's requirements as well as the ones listed in their respective requirements etc.) only to fulfill SL's requirements (SL would very likely be the first and presumably only mod I intended to install), am I correct?

You do need a few required mods, but the good news is that it is not "tons", and they will set you up with a foundation for using other mods here.  Like you, I originally came to this site for one mod.  And I had to install several prerequisites.  Then I found other mods that interested me, so the little bit of time to get that set up wasn't wasted.  As a bonus, the community here is really nice. 

For Submissive Lola, you will need:

SexLab.  It's the core mod for sex animations.

SexLab Aroused Redux OR SexLab Aroused Extended.  The former hasn't been updated for a while.  I recommend Extended.

Zaz Animation Pack version 7 or version 8.  Some people like 7, but I favor 8.

Those three will get you started with this mod.  If you're hesitant, just do the minimum and see if it's what you want.  

However, if you keep playing you will eventually need the spanking animation, or Lola will will express its displeasure with you by crashing.  However, I strongly recommend against installing Non-Sexlab Animations Pack.  It will work, but it's obsolete.  Instead install:

SexLab Animiation Loader.  It lets you add more sex-based animations. 

Rydin's Animations.  It has the spanking animation. 

Don't be overwhelmed.  You'll need most of this anyway if you find other mods that appeal to you.  If you get stuck, ask for help.  Explain what you're looking for and ask for recommendations.  The player base here is very broad, from romance and light kink to hardcore.  People will help you.  Welcome to Lovers Lab.

Thank you very much for your kind answer! I now made a list of which mods I would have to install to get SL running (and where to find them) and came to a total of 11:

1. Skyrim SexLab
  2. Skyrim Script Extender
  3. Fores New Idles in Skyrim,
  4. SkyUI,
  5. Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Patch,
  6. SexLab Aroused eXtended,
  7. Zaz Animation Pack,
  8. SexLab Animation Loader,
  9. JContainers,
  10. Rydin's Animations Resource Pack, and finally
  11. "XPMSE2 or XPMSE3" (listed among SexLab's requirements), but I cannot find this anywhere, do you have any recommendation to use instead?

Oh, and would I also need the mod you referred to above ("Fuz Ro D-oh")?

25 minutes ago, Outerspacespecies said:

"XPMSE2 or XPMSE3" (listed among SexLab's requirements), but I cannot find this anywhere, do you have any recommendation to use instead?

Use XPMSE.  For some mods it's the only skeleton that works right.

25 minutes ago, Outerspacespecies said:

Oh, and would I also need the mod you referred to above ("Fuz Ro D-oh")?

Actually I neglected to mention Fuz Ro D-oh, an oversight.  It's marked as "recommended" for this mod but you'll want it for any mod with unvoiced dialog (of which there are many). 

So, I've downloaded the (13) requirements and sub-requirements and so far installed SKSE, FNIS, SkyUI, and RaceMenu, the next in line would be XPMSE. Now XPMSE doesn't have a guide for manual installation and just says "Use a Mod Manager: Either Mod Organizer or Vortex work." Since I have never used a Mod Manager before I wonder which one you would recommend? Many thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, Outerspacespecies said:

Now XPMSE doesn't have a guide for manual installation and just says "Use a Mod Manager: Either Mod Organizer or Vortex work." Since I have never used a Mod Manager before I wonder which one you would recommend?

If you're not using a mod manager now, you don't have to start.  I install everything manually.  There's a risk, but I'm careful and it avoids the weird things that mod managers do.  It's your choice, I'm only saying that a mod manager is not required.  For manual installation, open the zip file and you'll see that it's well organized, just sort by name.  You'll probably want the options marked as recommended.  Magic Animations and below is all optional; install those only if there's something you want. 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Rylalei said:

Hey, I'm not a modder, so I have no idea how stuff works there, but I'm wondering, how could I add the Pet Collar back as the main collar used by the mod?

The mod only checks for the collar keyword, not a specific collar.  Give yourself the Pet Collar and swap it for the Slave Collar after your enslavement.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The mod only checks for the collar keyword, not a specific collar.  Give yourself the Pet Collar and swap it for the Slave Collar after your enslavement.

Doesn't seem to work like that.

I just tried and it asks for the Slave's Collar specifically.

I found a minor workaround that allows me to equip both the Pet Collar and Slave's Collar at the same time, but other than that, doesn't seem to really allow me any other collar alone.

2 hours ago, Rylalei said:

Doesn't seem to work like that.

I just tried and it asks for the Slave's Collar specifically.

That's decidedly odd.  The reason I said that this works is because I've done exactly that in more than one playthrough, substituted the Pet Collar for the Slave's Collar.  You do have to be quick and not be collarless for long or that will be detected, however.

The mod uses the vkjDeviceControl script to monitor that you're wearing the collar.  It's initialized with the Slave's Collar as the device and zbfWornCollar as the keyword.  Any collar with the zbfWornCollar keyword will satisfy vkjDeviceControl.  However, if it doesn't find you wearing anything with that keyword then the message will specifically mention the Slave's Collar because that's the name of the device that it was initialized with:

If !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(KwWornDevice)  
            debug.notification("You have to wear your " + Device.GetName())

Here, KwWornDevice is zbfWornCollar and Device is the Slave's Collar.  The message is a little misleading because the check is a general one for the collar keyword but if if doesn't find it, you're told to wear a specific device.  Overall though the mod's approach is good because it allows the player to use any collar tagged with zbfWornCollar. 

Pet Collar (the script instance that the PC actually wears) has the zbfWornCollar keyword, so it will pass the vkjDeviceControl check. 

I can't explain why it doesn't work in your case.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

That's decidedly odd.  The reason I said that this works is because I've done exactly that in more than one playthrough, substituted the Pet Collar for the Slave's Collar.  You do have to be quick and not be collarless for long or that will be detected, however.

The mod uses the vkjDeviceControl script to monitor that you're wearing the collar.  It's initialized with the Slave's Collar as the device and zbfWornCollar as the keyword.  Any collar with the zbfWornCollar keyword will satisfy vkjDeviceControl.  However, if it doesn't find you wearing anything with that keyword then the message will specifically mention the Slave's Collar because that's the name of the device that it was initialized with:

If !PlayerRef.WornHasKeyword(KwWornDevice)  
            debug.notification("You have to wear your " + Device.GetName())

Here, KwWornDevice is zbfWornCollar and Device is the Slave's Collar.  The message is a little misleading because the check is a general one for the collar keyword but if if doesn't find it, you're told to wear a specific device.  Overall though the mod's approach is good because it allows the player to use any collar tagged with zbfWornCollar. 

Pet Collar (the script instance that the PC actually wears) has the zbfWornCollar keyword, so it will pass the vkjDeviceControl check. 

I can't explain why it doesn't work in your case.

I've tried swapping quickly. You know how at the start the mod will unequip then requip the collar, I've got the Pet Collar equipped before the requip done by the mod, it put the slave one in my inventory and still requested it. 

I did use the "Manipulate Locks", guess I'll give it a try when I'm home with locked or the keyless one and see. 

4 minutes ago, Rylalei said:

I've tried swapping quickly. You know how at the start the mod will unequip then requip the collar, I've got the Pet Collar equipped before the requip done by the mod, it put the slave one in my inventory and still requested it. 

I think you should go ahead and reequip the Slave's Collar a second time, when you're told to.  That's the way I did it.  When instructed, I reported back to my master wearing the Slave's Collar and the dialog continued.  After that was all done and the enslavement part was complete, I swapped collars.  I did lock the Pet Collar rather than manipulating locks, though that probably doesn't matter.  Don't bother with the keyless collar unless that's the one you intend to use.  The regular Pet Collar should work the same as far as this mod is concerned.

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I think you should go ahead and reequip the Slave's Collar a second time, when you're told to.  That's the way I did it.  When instructed, I reported back to my master wearing the Slave's Collar and the dialog continued.  After that was all done and the enslavement part was complete, I swapped collars.  I did lock the Pet Collar rather than manipulating locks, though that probably doesn't matter.  Don't bother with the keyless collar unless that's the one you intend to use.  The regular Pet Collar should work the same as far as this mod is concerned.

Something I noticed but couldn't test due to needing to leave at the time, was an interaction with Maria Eden. The Mistress kept asking for the Whore License, but the Pet Collar kept removing it from my inventory, so I decide to stop ME for the time being and the Slave's Collar wanished as well, so maybe that mod was causing the issue? 

Could throw you my Load Order if you think it will help.