Yet another Steam thread demonizing LL and sexual mods in general.

14 years ago when I met my wife ( then girlfriend ) she asked me why I played female characters in games when I had the choice to be a male. My answer is :

" Females are lacking strong lead roles, in games / television / politics / etc. Why run around as a big burly steroid guy doing the same old cliche things over and over when I can play this small, 5 foot 3 inches female that beats the living shit out of the big burly guy?! What would make you feel more powerful in a game designed around feeling powerful!? Plus, I like looking at her butt way better then his. "

She instantly accepted this.

I wish everyone did.

I feel so happy because there are people like you :) I never understood why boys or men would like to see all the time a male butt and back full of muscles which most people never had, instead a cute awesome small  wonderful female character.

Thanks for making me feel happy :)

14 years ago when I met my wife ( then girlfriend ) she asked me why I played female characters in games when I had the choice to be a male. My answer is :

" Females are lacking strong lead roles, in games / television / politics / etc. Why run around as a big burly steroid guy doing the same old cliche things over and over when I can play this small, 5 foot 3 inches female that beats the living shit out of the big burly guy?! What would make you feel more powerful in a game designed around feeling powerful!? Plus, I like looking at her butt way better then his. "

She instantly accepted this.

I wish everyone did.

I feel so happy because there are people like you :) I never understood why boys or men would like to see all the time a male butt and back full of muscles which most people never had, instead a cute awesome small  wonderful female character.

Thanks for making me feel happy :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm pretty sure the "looking at butt" thing was dominant.

Guest endgameaddiction

I enjoy looking at my female characters ass and playing the game. I don't have an obsession to stare at it nor does it interrupt my gameplay with any distraction. It's natural for a guy to rather play as a female for various reasons. Each who do have their own reasons that are valid. In the end it doesn't matter because it's our game. The same applies when installing certain mods.

I never cared if someone else wants to play a female, male, homosexual, or heterosexual character. I really don't care. If I bought the game, I can do what ever I fucking please with it.

I'm not a fan for too much realism or lore, but those who are, fine by me. You play your game how you want. I don't care, and they shouldn't care if I want to play a sexy skimpy dressed female character. It's my choice, not theirs.

I really don't care what people on STEAM or anywhere else for that matter have to say about LL. They have a right to their opinion, but what irritates me is when they try to force their opinion on others like it's a fucking bible. "it's the truth because I say so" type of shit.

I never understood people who stare at butts instead of playing the actual game <.<

Because most games usually have a lot of idle time or busywork. Will you stare at you character's butt when you are actually fighting enemies? Or solving a puzzle? No, most likely not. But when you are just walking from point A to point B or watching a boring cutscene, your eyes might as well wander to the more interesting things on the screen.

That's not true. Your in game character represents you. If you are a guy, why would you want to portrait yourself as a female? 

That's a very limited and stubborn view to what a player character can be. Besides, If the typical murder hobo you play in RPGs is a character that represents you, you should go see a doctor immediately. :D

Sounds like the usual power fantasy of a 14 year old. Not much better than the perverted fantasy of a 14 year old, if you ask me.

hmm... looking at a couple of the last few posts, and then thinking on the above quote I'm wondering if the (Cleveland) steamers have a problem with any pervy stuff in the witcher series?. 

I somehow doubt it. :dodgy:

It's natural for a guy to rather play as a female for various reasons.

That's not true. Your in game character represents you. If you are a guy, why would you want to portrait yourself as a female?

because reasons. but seriously though it depends on who's playing, as reasons vary. there are multiple reasons for that sort of thing. could easily make a list but...this isnt all that relevant to the thread... so yeah.

It's natural for a guy to rather play as a female for various reasons. 

I don't think you have the right to decide how and why people play a game, anymore then anyone demonizing this site. If my character represented me, he would be dead, because as strong as I am, and in real life I am a heavyweight college wrestler who throws 300lb people around like nothing, I can't walk around wearing 90lbs of armor all day, swinging a 30lb axe. My point is that realism takes a back seat in a fantasy game, so enjoy the lack of reality it brings, because, and this is not a personal attack, I'm fairly certain you're not as "superior or alpha" as your character is.

I will say that in my game I'm not overly fond of gratuitous sexuality; also in my opinion, if you spend more time staring at butts and taking nude pictures then playing the game, you should go get some sun, and meet some new people. Of course that's just my opinion, and not to be construed as an attack toward anybody. 

hmm... looking at a couple of the last few posts, and then thinking on the above quote I'm wondering if the (Cleveland) steamers have a problem with any pervy stuff in the witcher series?. 

I somehow doubt it. :dodgy:

I suppose thise whole thing is just an extension of the age old 'debate' why some people prefer to play the opposite gender. You can't find a forum without a thread asking why some people do that and the usual bashing. If the character is locked, you won't see any discussion about it at all, but some people expect you to play your own gender if you have the choice, for whatever reason. I mean, if you yourself feel uneasy about playing a character that doesn't belong to your gender, by all means, fine by me. It only gets ugly when you make your own feelings the status quo, that everybody must feel like you and those that don't are weird.

But this whole thing can go both ways. Sure you can imply that the guys playing females are no-lifers with social anxiety issues, but on the other hand you can imply that males playing males are closet gays, insecure of their own sexuality or scrawny little boys that use games to feel like the burly powerhouse they're never going to be. Both statements though are utterly ridiculous but then again, this whole topic is.

I'm fairly certain you're not as "superior or alpha" as your character is.

No, of course I am not, when did I said that? I am the worst in the real life, so why no to be perfect in the "other" life? :)

Should I point out the irony there, or can you take a step back and figure it out on your own? ;)

I will say that in my game I'm not overly fond of gratuitous sexuality; also in my opinion, if you spend more time staring at butts and taking nude pictures then playing the game, you should go get some sun, and meet some new people. Of course that's just my opinion, and not to be construed as an attack toward anybody. 

You know, an attack doesn't become magically not one when you just say 'This isn't an attack' at the end. I fail to see how playing the game 'properly' is better or worse than playing the game in a way you don't approve of. Both activities are you wasting your time to have fun. If you spent a few hours slaughtering bandits or taking screenshots of your character - where exactly is the difference? Will you gain more if you'd instead do the other activity? No, you won't. People play games for fun and escapism. Some people enjoy breaking and glitching games to do speedruns, some take their time with the game, other people make nice screenshots.

'My way to play the game is normal, yours is weird and you should get out more'

This thread is a comedy gold mine, honestly.

You know, an attack doesn't become magically not one when you just say 'This isn't an attack' at the end. I fail to see how playing the game 'properly' is better or worse than playing the game in a way you don't approve of. Both activities are you wasting your time to have fun. If you spent a few hours slaughtering bandits or taking screenshots of your character - where exactly is the difference? Will you gain more if you'd instead do the other activity? No, you won't. People play games for fun and escapism. Some people enjoy breaking and glitching games to do speedruns, some take their time with the game, other people make nice screenshots.

'My way to play the game is normal, yours is weird and you should get out more'

This thread is a comedy gold mine, honestly.

I was merely saying that playing the game feels more enjoyable then taking pictures of it for me. Just like eating pizza feels better then looking at pictures of it (SOOOOO HUNGRY) I understand that other peoples opinions may differ, but I see through my own eyes, and I was just putting in my two cents on the topic of sexual mods being condemned, and how I felt about them personally. To end this point, maybe my words weren't the most politically correct, but don't take my thoughts as fuel to amuse yourself, because that kind of behavior belittles peoples right to form and articulate opinions of their own.

I was merely saying that playing the game feels more enjoyable then taking pictures of it for me. Just like eating pizza feels better then looking at pictures of it (SOOOOO HUNGRY) I understand that other peoples opinions may differ, but I see through my own eyes, and I was just putting in my two cents on the topic of sexual mods being condemned, and how I felt about them personally. To end this point, maybe my words weren't the most politically correct, but don't take my thoughts as fuel to amuse yourself, because that kind of behavior belittles peoples right to form and articulate opinions of their own.

No, you were saying that people enjoying different things than you should go out more. I'd have no problem with your statement if it was just your opinion - i.e. 'I like this more than that' and nothing else, but it wasn't.

Archived