*headdesk* NEVER do this!

I have a policy of always manually unpacking .exe archives. If that doesn't work, it goes into the bin.

Let me try to get this straight. Are you saying that an exe file can be dissected manually? There's actually a way to do that or did I get the wrong idea?

A mod that comes as exe gets instantly deleted on my system :ph34r:

DLLs can be equally harmful.

I have a policy of always manually unpacking .exe archives. If that doesn't work, it goes into the bin.

Let me try to get this straight. Are you saying that an exe file can be dissected manually? There's actually a way to do that or did I get the wrong idea?

Not unless the EXE in question is a self-extracting archive or something similar. You can manually open a self-extracting archive in a program such as 7zip or Winrar and take what you want from it without actually running it.

A mod that comes as exe gets instantly deleted on my system :ph34r:

DLLs can be equally harmful.

Not unless the EXE in question is a self-extracting archive or something similar. You can manually open a self-extracting archive in a program such as 7zip or Winrar and take what you want from it without actually running it.

Yeah, DLLs are pretty much the corrupter of programs since they can make existing programs run afoul... Exe is the whole package while DLL are pretty much what we call mods to a program.

I know of the archive in Winrar but I never knew that we can reverse engineer the whole process to extract the parts we need. Definitely going to read up more about this.

If you can't put it in English, it's not worth responding to.

Putting it in Cyrillic however, I assume you're offended by my pointing out that a big percentage of cyber crime originates in Russia.

What he says is, basically "hurr i`m retarded script kiddie durr derp derp".

If you can't put it in English, it's not worth responding to.

Putting it in Cyrillic however, I assume you're offended by my pointing out that a big percentage of cyber crime originates in Russia.

What he says is, basically "hurr i`m retarded script kiddie durr derp derp".

Well, he said all antivirus program are shit and he know something that can destroy your PC. 

make sure to not uae administrator user on your pc all the time. this allows to avoid tons of less advanced viruses already. also set it so you are asked to run exe but so it wont block your screen rather blinks in task bar until you click it

COMODO firewall(free) has a defense+ subsection which is disabled by default. It will tell you when a program tries to run a process, use dlls, create file, write to registry, fart in your general direction and you can block or allow any of those actions.

Or run the exe in a virtual machine.

If the above sounds like Chinese to you, don't even think about debugging or disassembling the exe.