Do you sleep enough?

Aurora95

• 2 weeks later...

If I get 3 hours of sleep, its a lot for me.  Not because I hate sleeping, its because when I lay down, I have trouble clearing my head.  I have so much stress going on in my life that I've reached a new level of depression I've never seen before, and with it, lost all ability to sleep due to anxiety and stress.

I usually sleep between 7-8 hours. After I do exercise and such & can't sleep immediately.

I hate this too. The heartrate just won't go down, so you have to wait an hour before you can check out. Man, how awesome would it be if you just came back from a workout puffing and wheezing and fell on the bed exhausted and simply blacked out. I wish.

Guest endgameaddiction

If I get 3 hours of sleep, its a lot for me.  Not because I hate sleeping, its because when I lay down, I have trouble clearing my head.  I have so much stress going on in my life that I've reached a new level of depression I've never seen before, and with it, lost all ability to sleep due to anxiety and stress.

I have this very same problem myself. And my fucking sleep cycle has changed a few weeks ago. I'm going to bed around 6am my time and sleeping no more than 2-4 hours and naps in between. I hate it. But yeah, I myself have that problem every now and then where I can't clear my head to sleep. Or my common issue is I lay down and do sleep and wake up 5mins after. Usually over a bad dream. And I can't close my eyes again. Anxiety sucks ass.

I dont, and even though its a problem i could easily solve i still choose to stay up long past my bedtime and end up having about 5-6 hours sleep a night

Curious how many other people are like this? People irl think im crazy when i mention that im purposely harming my health for no real reason >.< i guess i kind of am...

Do I??  By the Nine, NO.  LOL.

For me it's more a quality of sleep issue anymore though.  When I was younger, I could get by on 5 or 6 like Aurora95 here.  Once in my mid 20s, I even drove straight through from Georgia to California by myself with only 2 hrs sleep in Texas.  That was before the toxic waste known as energy drinks were available too.

Now, between being older and having a bad back & neck, I need 7 or 8 hours.  It's rarely quality sleep though...  Not enough REM sleep and I wake up easy, and toss and turn.  Only exception is after a trip to the Chiropractor, then I'm out cold.

And Aurora, you're better off over the long term getting at least 6, it won't kill you though, and remember quality counts just as much as quantity of sleep.

Unfortunately I do not sleep enough. I won't feel tired until 6 in the morning, waking up feeling like absolute crap 1 in the afternoon or later. Then I'll be wide awake for a few hours, and then take a nap. Wake back up, feel good to go for another few hours, then be drop dead tired a few hours after that. Being me is no fun at all. Anyone want to trade bodies?

I know not of this thing ye call sleep. Or quality sleep at least. Without going into the cause, give me my Lazy-Boy with a heating pad and a pain pill and all is good. But sometimes the floor is better. :)

In a previous life, as long as I had 4 - 6 hours of quality sleep I was good for the day. With 6 hours being preferred. Being physically active and fit at the time probably helped a lot.

The last 2 weeks I stayed up for almost 100 hours straight. I am drinking 4 energy drinks a day and my only sleep when my body and mind decides to force me to sleep. (Blackout)

This isn't really a good thing, drinking that many energy drinks is really hard on your body especially your heart. Couple that with how much sleep you're getting and I wouldn't be surprised if your blood pressure has skyrocketed through the roof. Sleeping only when you blackout...that's your body telling you you should probably be getting more sleep.

The last 2 weeks I stayed up for almost 100 hours straight. I am drinking 4 energy drinks a day and my only sleep when my body and mind decides to force me to sleep. (Blackout)

This isn't really a good thing, drinking that many energy drinks is really hard on your body especially your heart. Couple that with how much sleep you're getting and I wouldn't be surprised if your blood pressure has skyrocketed through the roof. Sleeping only when you blackout...that's your body telling you you should probably be getting more sleep.

I know. Appreciate your concern but something terrible has happen in my life (won't go into details) where I just want to "Ride the Lightning" until either the end or I start caring again. Might as well do something fun. Thankfully I am not a violent person.

I dont, and even though its a problem i could easily solve i still choose to stay up long past my bedtime and end up having about 5-6 hours sleep a night

Curious how many other people are like this? People irl think im crazy when i mention that im purposely harming my health for no real reason >.< i guess i kind of am...

I have sleept roughly 4 hours every night for the last 6 years its no big different from sleeping 6-8 hours or more when I sleep I sleep with my window open to get fresh air even during wintertime and i havent feelt any negative effects from it yet. 

4-7 hours sometimes 2-3 hours only and I sleep at different times everyday. I may go to bed at 3pm today, wake up at 6-10pm, then tomorrow go to bed at 2am the next day. It's always changing, and this is due to the fact I have nothing to do. One would think sitting around playing games and watching TV is glorious but to me it's a nightmare. I'm still trying to get a job so I have a reason to get out of bed in the morning, or afternoon, or evening, or night, or late night.

I used to try and get as few hours of sleep as possible so as to have more hours of gaming, but after so many nights of playing through VNs after midnight to realise I had blanked out during the last half hour of reading I decided it's better to play less but retain my memory of it.

So now I try to get 6-8 hours of sleep a night.

Now that i don't have a job again, i sleep too much. Causes much pain in the head and neck, but it's so fun! ...I must be getting old :P

One would think sitting around playing games and watching TV is glorious but to me it's a nightmare. I'm still trying to get a job so I have a reason to get out of bed in the morning, or afternoon, or evening, or night, or late night.

Yeah, it's fun at first but gets old real quick. If you have to do that for years like i have it really starts to get to you.

Now I feel alone and crazy here ... My sleep schedule is dictated by the phase of the moon ... Literally. For the 4-5 days around the Full moon I get about 6 hours of "sleep" total. (I am not sure if it really counts as sleep since it is just my body stopping almost all functions for 2-3 hours at a time.) Then I get slowly increasing amounts of sleep until the 4-5 around the New Moon where I tend to sleep for 16-20 hours straight. Then that slowly erodes until I get back to the 4-5 days around the Full Moon again X_X

Archived