Do you sleep enough?

Aurora95

I'm somewhat of a light sleeper, and it only takes the slightest sound to wake me up, and considering I live with someone who isn't particularly quiet once they wake up I don't get the recommended amount of sleep.

This has been an issue for years, the job I was in until recently wasn't challenging, to put it politely! So when it came to going to bed in order to be up early I had trouble going to sleep. The weekends weren't much better, as they were pretty much catching up with everything that I didn't have the time to do during the week. Even though I'm no longer working there, the worry about finding another job before the money (I was made redundant) runs low isn't helping the sleep situation.

Didn't used to, until I put two and two together...masturbation.

Ain't nothin better for knocking a guy out, it's practically instantaneous.

That works sometimes but it can get me a little too excited. I sleep between 4 and 10 hours a night, mainly because my sleeping pattern is so whacky. I'll probably sleep seven or eight tonight and wake up at 12 PM or 1 PM.

I take it you're unemployed since you can let yourself sleep that long...

I sleep 7 hours.

From 22.00 PM to 5 AM, I drink coffee with lots of milk around 19.00 PM and I never had problems with sleeping.

The best time for me to sleep is around 22-24, If i try past 24 it takes me 1-2 hours to finally sleep.

I always open a balcony to allow some fresh air for around 5 mins, before taking a nap.

I am in bed for ~8 hours a night.  The subset of that time that is actually spent sleeping is significantly less than that.  They subset of the time spent sleeping that's genuinely deep restful sleep is a quantity approaching zero.  This has gotten bad enough that medication and/or therapy is being considered.

From monday to friday I get about 5 to 6, maybe 6 and half an hour of sleep, sometimes even less. I could sleep more, but I work 9 hours a day and have to commute between home and work 2 hours a day....and I want some spare time only for me and so I economize on sleep. 

I get my 7-8 hours of sleep on weekend.  

All I can say is, as older you get as less important will sleep appear for you, because your personal time experience changes as older you get. The most important thing besides having enough money is spare time you are able to spent as you wish. The ultimate wish would be to have enough money to spent 24 hours a day for things you actually want to do, escaping the hamster wheel for ever. At an age of 47 years time already flies..

Monday to Friday: the night before go to sleep at 11PM, sleep at midnight usually. Wake up at 5 or 6AM.

Saturday and Sunday: the night before go to sleep around midnight (sometimes 1AM), get up at 7 or 8AM.

Sigurd44 is 100% correct. When you are old it does not bother you anymore.

Young people: Lot of energy, zero money, average free time

Adults: Average energy, lot of money, zero free time.

Elders: Zero energy, average money, lots of free time.

Didn't used to, until I put two and two together...masturbation.

Ain't nothin better for knocking a guy out, it's practically instantaneous.

That works sometimes but it can get me a little too excited. I sleep between 4 and 10 hours a night, mainly because my sleeping pattern is so whacky. I'll probably sleep seven or eight tonight and wake up at 12 PM or 1 PM.

I take it you're unemployed since you can let yourself sleep that long...

Currently yes. It really sucks to say. I am doing smaller jobs as they come to float myself along.

Decades of depression have fucked up my sleep architecture so thoroughly that I hardly get more sleep than 4, approximately 5 hours per night. On top comes Nocturia, which means having to get up 3, 4 or more times at night to take a piss.

So no, I'm constantly struggling. But it helps to cling to a fix rhythm.

I would be lucky if I manage to sleep for 5 hours. Its usually 4. I have terrible nightmares that haunt me for years. The bad part is that they are psychological. Its not like I am seeing monsters or mutants, or something like that. I just see (or I may say experience even) horrible things from my past, things like pain, public humiliation, awkward situations, etc. Seriously, I will take the "scary" dreams compared to this crap ANY DAY. I have to take meds that knock me out for good otherwise I keep dreaming this shit. But in the same time I don't want to further destroy my body with constant take of pills.

I usually get about 8-12 hours of sleep a time, mostly because I work 14 hour shifts.

I know its unhealthy, but I need the cash... I usually work 2 shifts then go home,eat, and sleep, then I'm back at work :(

Should change soon though, my contracts almost up, so I should get a fairly good bonus if I keep going  :dodgy:  ... 

My natural sleep cycle seems to be a 28 hr day. I literally can not go to sleep unless I'm really tired. When you're basically retired you can do stuff like that. Disabled in a wheelchair. My mind still works on 7 days a week, but my body goes on 6. I sleep between 6-8 hrs, as long as the MS doesn't make my legs spaz too much. Lol

I sleep really bad... Whenever I think I should go to bed, I first check out loverslab and end up being on xvideos.com . Than I already exceeded midnight and can't rest too well anymore due to that. Fortunately I'm breaking that cycle now, cause I've got a cold and need to rest, cause I enjoy working in the office.

Wow guys, don't destroy yourself, sleep a bit more. x°

I'm weak. I hate it, but i suffer from low blood pressure. If i don't sleep at least 9 hours, i feel sick for the whole day, and got no energy to do nothing. Now that it's hot, even worst. Only the damn coffee can help me, but since i suffer from stomach pain, i can drink only one coffee every day.

God, i'm a mess. :C

I pretty sure I've enough sleep when I remember my dreams.

When I do remember I usually feel well rested.

(a bit off topic but )

I'm asking myself why I didn't had a single nightmare since years.

I used to have some in middle school, a little far from now but I still can't get it

I use to wake up no earlier than 11 am, and work 3-4 days a week making min wage typically 2-9 pm, and going to sleep anywhere between 3-7 am, typically getting about 6 hrs of sleep.

At my new career job, I work 45+ hrs a week 5 days, and I was converted from anything but a morning person, to waking up at 6 AM sharp everyday and not getting home til 6-8.

Since then my sleep has been very regulated, and I get more sleep on average. I go to sleep between 10-11 pm usually getting 7-8 hrs sleep. If I get 6 or less I'm tired at work.

Also very very rarely remember my dreams at all.

This is not exactly true. The dreams happen in the very end of the sleep. Like in the last 5-10 minutes. So you can sleep for 1 hour and still remember your dreams  :lol:

I find it useful to write them down if I remember them at all, which is very, very rarely anymore.  And no, I definitely don't get enough sleep lately, especially when talking with an old friend until 4:30 in the morning when I have to be up at 8.  Darn her!

This is not exactly true. The dreams happen in the very end of the sleep. Like in the last 5-10 minutes. So you can sleep for 1 hour and still remember your dreams  :lol:

REM happens at the beginning, not the end.

Archived