On 11/16/2020 at 4:29 AM, Lestat1627 said:

starting from the fact that NPC's will not use mod outfits, you can only make those you use, leaving the others for later

So ive tired what you suggested but it didnt work..

But with some playing around I think I found the Problem:

Its actually the cosio body thats built. But for some reason the Sliders for the Vag dont work.

Actually none of the COS sliders seem to work in Racemenu

7 hours ago, 666_Devilswhore said:

But the RM Slides are still suposed to work tho, which they dont.

This particular problem, I have it too, but, not using it, I just ignored it. I remodel the Bodymorph with Bodyslide, and I solve in an excellent way

Into Skyrim data folder/Caliente Tools/Bodyslide, open the XML config file and change the values on lines 37 and 38 (SliderMinimum and SliderMaximum) to -100 and 500

This allows you some variables that, otherwise you could not do, being set with 0 and 100

These are the settings I use (the result may be different depending on the textures)

Spoiler

pussy.png.a31f59d40c50672c5f0bec7827725136.png

If HDT doesn't work for you

How to insert HDT-PE into body

Could it be that something is overwriting the female body not in the plugin, but the mod side?

If the famelbody_0.nif and _1.nif are overwritten with something other than cosio, the esp files won't matter.

You could try to put the project files (from ...\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\Shapedata and SliderSets) of Cosio into the Overwrite folder if you are using MO or directly into the Skyrim data-folder and then try to rebuild. Not something I would usually recommend doing, but worth a try for narrowing down what the problem is.

If that helps, it's pretty much for sure a matter of mod priority, rather than plugin priority.

2 hours ago, NoNickNeeded said:

Could it be that something is overwriting the female body not in the plugin, but the mod side?

If the famelbody_0.nif and _1.nif are overwritten with something other than cosio, the esp files won't matter.

You could try to put the project files (from ...\CalienteTools\Bodyslide\Shapedata and SliderSets) of Cosio into the Overwrite folder if you are using MO or directly into the Skyrim data-folder and then try to rebuild. Not something I would usually recommend doing, but worth a try for narrowing down what the problem is.

If that helps, it's pretty much for sure a matter of mod priority, rather than plugin priority.

Doesnt solve the problem :(

Thanks tho

3 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

This particular problem, I have it too, but, not using it, I just ignored it. I remodel the Bodymorph with Bodyslide, and I solve in an excellent way

Into Skyrim data folder/Caliente Tools/Bodyslide, open the XML config file and change the values on lines 37 and 38 (SliderMinimum and SliderMaximum) to -100 and 500

This allows you some variables that, otherwise you could not do, being set with 0 and 100

These are the settings I use (the result may be different depending on the textures)

Reveal hidden contents

pussy.png.a31f59d40c50672c5f0bec7827725136.png

If HDT doesn't work for you

How to insert HDT-PE into body

Didnt work :(

31 minutes ago, 666_Devilswhore said:

Didnt work

The usual questions:
1) have you carefully read the installation thread, also the section about HDT bugs?

2) Did you install the mod correctly?

3) Did you install in the correct order indicated?

4) Have you tried reinstalling XPMSE?

5) Has FNIS been used and verified that patches are enabled: GENDER and SKELETON?

6) FNIS, how many bones do you read?

7) Have you tried starting a new game?

8 ) What is the underlying problem? Not using it in racemenu, or that HDT doesn't work for you?

Hi.  I have a question.  For some reason the vagina textures are not showing up in game and it's just all in light beige.  However in NifScope everything shows up perfectly.  I'm using epic elves custom race by the way if that makes a difference.  Vanilla races seem to have everything textured right.  I tried copying the Body Slide texture from character assets into my epic elves folder, but it still doesn't work.  I don't get it, if NifScope shows everything textured, why won't the game?

2 hours ago, Medved9999 said:

I'm using epic elves custom race

It makes a difference. Custom races usually have their own textures (Example, Lunari race). To remedy this, take Cosio's textures and paste them into the Custom race The path is Skyrim data folder / textures / actors / characters / female, copy all textures and paste them in Skyrim data folder / textures / actors / characters. if you do not find the path, extract the Custom race mod, follow the path of the textures and with the same path you will paste the textures of Cosio

4 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

It makes a difference. Custom races usually have their own textures (Example, Lunari race). To remedy this, take Cosio's textures and paste them into the Custom race The path is Skyrim data folder / textures / actors / characters / female, copy all textures and paste them in Skyrim data folder / textures / actors / characters. if you do not find the path, extract the Custom race mod, follow the path of the textures and with the same path you will paste the textures of Cosio

That solved my problem.  I had to put the COSIO files into the Epic Elf folder, since that's where the mod's path was set.  Thanks for the help, man!

• 3 weeks later...

Does someone know how to address HDT issues on high end machines?

The setup:

• BEFORE: 2 x i7 2.5GHz per core and GTX 980 (16Gb RAM)
  • AFTER: 2x i9, 3.7GHz per core and RTX 2080 (64Gb RAM)
  • Nothing was changed in the game setup as all, the HDD was practically restored from an image

Thing is - with this new setup the HDT body parts go crazy. Like way too often. I have a feeling that some math in the skse plugin goes crazy (like division by zero or something) or at least behaves differently on higher end PC. The infamous "went to infinity" stretching bugs and co.

A bit of research shows that it indeed can be connected to the Havok physics quirks and how it behaves for some setup. So, question is - are there any hints to fix the issue in the HDT config? Using what this mod was providing so far over the standard HDT extensions. And yet again, there were absolutely no issues with it on the previous, less performant PC.

41 minutes ago, Operand said:

Have you tried this one?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91598 ((SKSE) Havok Fix).  It didn't help me much, as I play on a mid range potato, but based on the page description, it might help you out. 

otherwise I suggest locking fps with enb or through your graphics cards settings.  I think if you are able to consistently get 60 or above, lock to 60.  I get around 45 average (sometimes almost 60, sometimes closer to 35), so I have to lock at 30 to mostly stabilize the HDT spazzing.

10 hours ago, Operand said:

The setup:

• BEFORE: 2 x i7 2.5GHz per core and GTX 980 (16Gb RAM)
  • AFTER: 2x i9, 3.7GHz per core and RTX 2080 (64Gb RAM)
  • Nothing was changed in the game setup as all, the HDD was practically restored from an image

Thing is - with this new setup the HDT body parts go crazy. Like way too often. I have a feeling that some math in the skse plugin goes crazy (like division by zero or something) or at least behaves differently on higher end PC. The infamous "went to infinity" stretching bugs and co.

A bit of research shows that it indeed can be connected to the Havok physics quirks and how it behaves for some setup. So, question is - are there any hints to fix the issue in the HDT config? Using what this mod was providing so far over the standard HDT extensions. And yet again, there were absolutely no issues with it on the previous, less performant PC.

Did you already try to limit your FPS? For most people putting a 60 FPS limiter seems to solve the issue, or at least make it appear far less often.

On 12/19/2020 at 11:16 AM, NoNickNeeded said:

Did you already try to limit your FPS? For most people putting a 60 FPS limiter seems to solve the issue, or at least make it appear far less often.

Nope. First time I hear about it. How to lock it?

On 12/19/2020 at 1:16 AM, Phosphoribosyl said:

otherwise I suggest locking fps with enb or through your graphics cards settings.  I think if you are able to consistently get 60 or above, lock to 60.  I get around 45 average (sometimes almost 60, sometimes closer to 35), so I have to lock at 30 to mostly stabilize the HDT spazzing.

Yes, at 60, doesn't go below that (I guess that's the screen limitation)

If you are using ENB, you can either hit shift+enter ingame and look for the setting there, or you can edit the enblocal.ini file in your skyrim base folder while the game is not running.

There you'll find the following block.

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

Just replace the =false with =true in the EnableFPSLimit line.

If you are not using ENB, then it should be possible to set it in your graphic driver... or so I've heard. Since I use ENB I never had to do it that way.

If you are using ENB, you can either hit shift+enter ingame and look for the setting there, or you can edit the enblocal.ini file in your skyrim base folder while the game is not running.

There you'll find the following block.

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

Just replace the =false with =true in the EnableFPSLimit line.

If you are not using ENB, then it should be possible to set it in your graphic driver... or so I've heard. Since I use ENB I never had to do it that way.

Yes, using the ENB. Well, I checked that and it was already set to 58 for whatever reason.

// I have nothing but problems with Vsync so I disable it in the game, the driver, and ENB
// instead I use FPSLimit. With my current settings I have to use it otherwise my FPS sometimes goes
// over 60. On average it is around 48-58 though.
[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=true
FPSLimit=58.0

(saved the author's comments). I will set it to 60 and see what happens, but I think this won't change anything since I already had the limit enabled and even a bit lower one.

The issue with insane movement of body parts seems to be resolved. "Seems to" because I definitely found the root cause, but that did not mean I found a fix.

Testing Setup

I setup a series of "killer tests" that seemed to break the Cosio setup close to 100% of times. These are:

1. Furniture usage in closed spaces
  2. Furniture usage involving static objects (like smelters)
  3. Rapid jumps while with high jump height AV (can be achieved with flying mods etc)
  4. As 3. suggests.. actually having flying mods (they tend to mess up HDT in many cases)
  5. Using the flying spells. Same as 3 and 4
  6. Falling for a long time
  7. Strafing while off camera angle (180 angle movement animation mods needs to be present)
  8. Strafing and then redirecting the movement forward/backward (like A+S or D+W combo). Again, 180 angle movement must be present
  9. Walking upstairs with stiff camera angle. For whatever reason the physics in LE are invoked also on camera collisions
  10. Walking off a small cliff (for instance, a height of a treasure chest). This one is particularly nasty for many of the HDT setups I tried
  11. SL animation tests which involve collisions to the HDT parts
  12. SL animation tests which force rapid movements (most likely aggressive ones)
  13. Having HDT hair, especially a long one (Dint Galactic is a good example)

On my current system, the Cosio setup consistently failed tests 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Tests 2, 7, 8 and 10 also seemed to often irreversibly break the save (i.e. the "went to infinity bug" will not fix itself no matter how much time has passed while usually it comes back to normal after several seconds of jiggling)

Reason.

The issue is in the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml config file. I DO NOT fingerpoint on this mod at all. The exact same file worked 100% correct on my previous machine. This only means that unfortunately, the stability of HDT itself is system-dependent.

Solution

Now, there are different ways I found to try and solve it. Some of them are compromises, some I did not test in full and some may just not work because.. again, system-dependent stuff.

Let me share what I discovered:

1. Trying to disable collisions in the xml. For instance, HDT config mods like this or this. Choosing less bounce options where possible. Result: the bugs were no longer present, at least for killer-tests that broke Cosio setup almost all the times. I did not test it for a very long time though. Huge downgrade is of course lack of any collisions and HDT innies.

2. Trying to use different HDT config for collisions. I tried NCK30 HDT files. They pass the tests but unfortunately, the collisions are unstable there. Perhaps I did not set it up 100% correct because I bet I can't just use those files over the Cosio setup (this is exactly what I did - just used Cosio setup as is and then overwrote the HDT filed with NCK30 ones).

And finally, also as 2, is what gives so far the most satisfactory result - using the BnJ setup. I tested it two ways:

- First, BnJ as is. Same Cosio setup as I have, but overriding all HDT files with the BnJ ones. This setup works, but the behavior is.. well, BnJ one. Collisions are there, however of course you lose anything that Cosio provides in terms of innies customization etc. The files usage can be described as: [hdtFingers - BnJ.xml, hdtm - BnJ.xml, hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP - BnJ.xml, hdtPhysicsExtensionsMaleBody.xml, hdtVagina - BnJ.xml]

Please note that file names aren't real here (the real ones won't have the mod name after it or else HDT won't work)

- Second, BnJ + Cosio. Only installing the default BBP xml file from BnJ and using the rest from Cosio. This is a compromise that allows for working collisions and benefits from customizing cosio innies. The files usage can be described as: [hdtFingers - Cosio.xml, hdtm - Cosio.xml, hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP - BnJ.xml, hdtPhysicsExtensionsMaleBody.xml, hdtVagina - Cosio.xml]

This setup achieves the best of both worlds. At least seemingly, because BnJ config for BBP passes the tests (so far). It doesn't mean there won't be any bugs, it needs more playtime. The only downside is that the collisions are more subtle that with Cosio setup that I liked way more on my previous machine. But I guess it's as good as it gets for now.

I hope this help at least somebody who stumbles upon same stuff. I retested it a lot of times and maybe you won't have to do this. And yet again to reiterate, it is not the problem of Cosio. It is a problem of HDT and Havok engine and how it behaves very differently on different machines.

Also, as an ending, what I tried and it did not work:

1. Havok high-FPS fix. No noticeable change and crazy body parts are there with or without this mod on default Cosio setup.
  2. Capping / Uncapping FPS in the enblocal.ini . Again, no change observed. Bugs are present all the same.

Mentioning it here too. Who knows - it didn't work for me, but might be a different story for you.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:32 AM, Lestat1627 said:

Reinstall XPMS or XPMSE , launch FNIS.

Hey so I am having this same issue more or less. I tried this fix but nothing changed. I will note that when I go into bodyslide and generate hand meshes using the normal cbbe file the hands are where they are supposed to be. But there's a mismatch of course. Any suggestions?