Why has nobody created mod packs for Skyrim?

There are several guides with long lists of mods but, why not create mod packs with installer and customization options?

Personally I don't enjoy modding like I used to because, as most here know, modding can become a game in itself and can really take away from the actual game.

They do on the steam workshop as i recall, you can download an entire list of mods that someone has set.

As to why its not done here or on nexus well...

Bandwidth as the file would be huge - i have 4.7 GB of compressed mods in my nexus folder

Compatibility - My PC is most likely different to your PC so if your PC is better than mine i won't be able to run all you can and vice versa so only people with identical PCs would be able to use

Preferences - I use the mods that interest me so chances are they won't all interest you so you would either end up with a barebones mods pack (which you can do yourself following the guides) or a bespoke mod list nobody other than me wants to play

Tools/extensions - These don't always have to be installed in the same place/method and often they have to be used after installation - if someone is incapable of reading and following a guide they wouldn't read and follow this part of the mod pack installation so it wouldnt work

Future use/support - As you add more mods,use different mods, break skyrim etc you gain knowledge both in installing and troubleshooting which you wouldn't get if a mod pack was doing all the work so once you got tired of the mod pack what would you do as you wouldn't have the knowledge to add further mods

but look for example at the armor mods, why for each armor a standalone ESP?

Examples.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10546-wip-chsbhc-armor-conversions-o3zman-and-ozzking/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6295-chsbhc-armors-and-clothes-conversions/

why no merge of all the armor in an ESP? I can not use all because the limit of the mods is set to (255 mods)!

edit: there are some modder the combine their mods, but there are a few like Alan's BBP pack.
in Oblivion it was the rule. there was more mod pack's.

Permissions hassles, I would assume.

I think this is the main culprit there. Artists (particularly those on Nexus) seem to be a lot more reluctant to licence their stuff under an open source type of licence than programmers are. While a few artists set liberal permissions allowing bundling their assets in other mods, the vast majority of them unfortunately doesn't, so combined ESPs would link back to every single original mod they use and users would still have to download them individually. Which...doesn't save you a whole lot of work. Might as well download what you intend to use and combine it on your end.

You can easily merge armor and weapon mods (and others) with TES5Edit and the merge script from the Nexus. I use it on armor, weapons and hair primarily and it works fine, just takes a minute or two.

that was a joke, or? :lol: 

to utilize the "TES5Edit", one must also English can. I do not speak English word, and I find it very hard to understand.

To lazy, don't want to, to hard, whatever the reason.

If want some packs, do it yourself and PLEASE respect every modauthor in regard to using their mods.

Nexus does something with sharing your modlist. Don't know more because I am a MO user

Another reason why not many bundle mods is because if one mod/plugin in that bundle gets updated the whole bundle has to be redone and the bigger the bundle the longer it will take. Oblivion use to have bundled lovers mods but every time one of those plugins updated they had to redo the bundle and the new bundle might work different from the last bundle and force you to restart/redo the game. It is why you don't seem them here on LL anymore nor will you get any tech support help here on LL for them either.

What I do for oblivion is unzip a mod throw away the .esp and anything else except for the mesh and texture folders those I drop into my data folder then fire up the CS (creation set) and add the nifs that I want to a .esp that I made which also has some chests that I made I then place the items into those chest and save. Then I can go into the game open the chest and have all the armors I ever wanted and never have to worry about the .esp limit. You can also do this with skyrim and fallout games or you can just add items to a different mod that already has a chest. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are several guides with long lists of mods but, why not create mod packs with installer and customization options?

because those mods are updated from time to time, so making a compilation is a waste of time

some want to try a requiem in a leveled world?

[03/17/2015 - 12:27:10PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)

[03/17/2015 - 12:27:10PM] Update budget: 1.600000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.600000ms, Load screen budget: 2000.000000ms)

[03/17/2015 - 12:27:10PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) 76800 (max total)

[03/17/2015 - 12:27:28PM] Cannot open store for class "RSVDisableScript", missing file?

[03/17/2015 - 12:27:31PM] Cannot open store for class "jjnudebombtimer", missing file?

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:30PM] Error: File "SexLabAroused.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

<unknown self>.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "<native>" Line ?

[CFQuestFramework (0C000D62)].creatureframework.initialize() - "CreatureFramework.psc" Line ?

[CFQuestConfiguration (0C000D63)].cfconfigmenu.OnGameReload() - "CFConfigMenu.psc" Line ?

[CFQuestConfiguration (0C000D63)].cfconfigmenu.OnInit() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line ?

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:35PM] Error: File "1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[_WetQuest (22000D63)]._wetquestscript.Maintenance() - "_WetQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[_WetQuest (22000D63)]._wetquestscript.OnInit() - "_WetQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:35PM] Error: File "1nivWICCloaks.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[_WetQuest (22000D63)]._wetquestscript.Maintenance() - "_WetQuestScript.psc" Line ?

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:35PM] Error: File "1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:35PM] Error: File "Cloaks.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:35PM] Error: File "Cloaks - No Imperial.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:35PM] Error: File "Cloaks - Player Only.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:36PM] Error: File "WetandCold - Ashes.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:36PM] warning: Passing NONE to non-object argument 6.

stack:

[sLWQuestMain (2C0058C9)].slwquestmain.Register() - "SLWQuestMain.psc" Line ?

[sLWQuestMain (2C0058C9)].slwquestmain.OnCreatureFrameworkRegister() - "SLWQuestMain.psc" Line ?

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:36PM] warning: Passing NONE to non-object argument 9.

stack:

[CFQuestFramework (0C000D62)].creatureframework.RegisterCreatureEventsToMod() - "CreatureFramework.psc" Line ?

[sLWQuestMain (2C0058C9)].slwquestmain.Register() - "SLWQuestMain.psc" Line ?

[sLWQuestMain (2C0058C9)].slwquestmain.OnCreatureFrameworkRegister() - "SLWQuestMain.psc" Line ?

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:37PM] Error: File "WetandCold - Holidays.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:37PM] Error: File "Wyrmstooth.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:37PM] Error: File "Chesko_Frostfall.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:37PM] Error: File "iNeed.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:37PM] Error: File "getSnowy.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:43PM] VM is freezing...

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:43PM] VM is frozen

[03/17/2015 - 12:28:44PM] Saving game...

more details on the mess

B07mvdg.jpg

some errors that's not me

e2ujVHK.jpg

i have those with original esp too

eckPmd5.jpg

you'll have 2 problems with that compilation

O9EDR7s.jpg

there was some alreadyreqtified things in some patch i have copy paste in the requiem esp

the java thing result isn't the same, custom ini, or custom edit, don't know

requiem esp is a backup before getting rid of what i don't like

i use immersive potion, that's in potion esp, and it edit less things than requiem

so if you don't delete ingestible from one of those esp, you'll get a mix

if you don't use mo, good luck if you don't install the mods in the right order

here's the load order

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm

daymoyl.esm

Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm

northern_encounters2.esp

obis.esp (obis + obis dg)

DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp

Requiem.esp (children are rschildren, there's some patch in that, blessing ignore crime, most of requiem unof patch, heartfire and dragonborn)

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp (immersive armor & weapon)

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp (immersive creature & immersive creature dlc)

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp (with cwidawndragonpatch, cwinopulentoutfits, omagereplacerpack)

Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable.esp

potion.esp

Iridum Eyes NRT.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

SGEyebrows.esp

SGHairPackAIO.esp

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

DeadlyCombat.esp

DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp

Rebirth Monster.esp (nerfed version)

Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

00FacialExpressions.esp

Craftable and Placeable Havok-enabled Bedrolls .esp

SSAssist_Tools.esp

TradeBarter.esp

FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

iHUD.esp

FAMP2.esp

Unique BOOZE Bottles.esp

Potions.esp

maybe more things

AI Overhaul.esp

ai overhaul

npc protected

feminine female

npc 85 (elf, bandit, dawnguard)

bijin warmaiden

seranaholic

you'll have neck gaps with the original files, or wrong textures on the head

facegendata.7z is there for that, don't know if there is aela, adriana or the other old edits

Civil War Overhaul.esp (files are from the esp that is 653 ko)

Immersive Patrols II.esp

3DNPC.esp

Inconsequential NPCs.esp

WetandCold.esp

AOS.esp

JKs Skyrim.esp

weatherpure.esp

relightning skyrim

pure weather

natural skyrim rain

real rain

supreme storm

realistic water two

tamriel reload btt.esp

tamriel reload

better town texture

better snow

verdant

skyrim distance overhaul

skyfalls+skymills

smim

brawl patch is probably required, those scripts were removed from the requiem folder

C00VilkasScript

CompanionsSingleCombatantScript

DGIntimidateAliasScript

DGIntimidatePlayerScript

MS11CalixtoScript

esp.7z

facegendata.7z

Archived