Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

I don't wanna be a doomsayer or anything but am I the only one who's afraid that we'll pretty much just be stuck with textures? Yeah, textures are good, but they are just...Textures, and are very limited.

Forget the nude mods, it would be possible to do a lot of cool things, but I'm just not sure if we'll ever get there.

Yeah. Forgive my rudeness but the painted on nipples are very cheap looking and I think we'd all be much happier to see people with better tools for modding, but the people over at Xentax are thankfully hard at work making more things possible.

annnd to mod meshes you need 1000$ programs like Maya, 3dsMax,not to mention a plugin,so i'd say you'll be waiting a while,unless they use an open source one like Zmodeler which i doubt

annnd to mod meshes you need 1000$ programs like Maya, 3dsMax,not to mention a plugin,so i'd say you'll be waiting a while,unless they use an open source one like Zmodeler which i doubt

I got all I'm gonna need to do that, just need to get my hands on the meshes. The rest is already taken care of. I'm playing the waiting game.

lucky for some, 3d modelling isn't one of my strong points,I've got Maya but it's old, anyway here's a WIP I'm doing thinking of changing the legs to a different color,any suggestions? I've put some tat's on her but I'm not really happy with them and another plain Christie outfit

post-364297-0-63015700-1429147680_thumb.jpg

post-364297-0-51423800-1429147712_thumb.jpg

Christie15.rar

Alright I finally managed to get my hands on the mod tools from Xentax. A goddamned pain in the ass it is to navigate those forums and what with the donation only registration with files locked behind it made me want to bang my head against the door. Unfortunately given the nature of that forum I can't really reach out and ask any of them if they're alright with redistributing their mod tools, and I don't explicitly see anything listed in the folders or readmes or anything agaisnt redistribution or in their posts, so here we go. If they reach out to me I'll remove them (email me at hdmcclure@gmail alternatively). Credit goes to various users at Xentax (mostly SF234).

DOA5LRARCHIVARIUS
Data unpacker for DOA5LR. Works for DLC and generic game files. Must install Python to use!
http://a.pomf.se/wgjkeb.7z

DLC TOOL
This is used for repacking extracted TMC etc. files into faux DLC packs. Needs .Net framework and the UI fucks up at higher monitor DPi so set it to normal if you can't see buttons like "Add"!
http://a.pomf.se/ubbjmz.7z

TEXTURE TOOL
Lets you swap textures or extract them for modding from TMC files.
http://a.pomf.se/jlyufk.7z

DOA5PCTOOLS
Plugin for Noesis, a program that will let you view the models from their TMC files. So you're not going in blind. It will also let you export to formats compatible with modeling programs! Don't get too excited through because I think there's a lot more to importing and exporting correctly right now so don't get all excited yet.
http://a.pomf.se/bsrkug.7z

That's all for now. I'll try to get updated as things go on.

Closer and closer dude...

I see many mods popping up. Looks like I'll need to update the OP. I'm on some Sims 4 shit atm, but keep on posting the good news, and I'll keep on getting more excited. I'll drop everything I'm doing on the ground when the tool is fully functional (for DOA), and make some pervy mods right away. ;)

Frankly, I don't quite care for animations. I just want stuff like..You know, new hairstyles and costumes and stuff.

Always wanted Marie with downed hair or Ryu without his stupid freaking mask.

And most importantly, better and "full" nude mods.

...Will you be releasing any mods of your own Awful, once some proper modding tools are released?

You're damn right. It's why I started this thread. I knew tex mods would come first, and meshes after, and I planned on making tex mods too, but my buddies have nailed it right away (WTG Delight, Vergil and galhound!), so I decided to start making sex animations for Sims 4 (none made yet), while I wait for meshes.

Also learning to add custom objects to TS4, so anything I make in 3ds Max can now be put into the game. Already made a dildo, and am about to replace an object with it.

Does anyone know if it's possible to add custom DLC packs to the launch version? I made a custom DLC pack but I'm afraid it's only compatible with custom launchers like 3DM or Reloaded which have a convenient steam_api.ini where you can add a DLC pack into the text file.

If I were to release a custom DLC pack that only works with custom launchers would that be breaking the rules?

Does anyone know if it's possible to add custom DLC packs to the launch version? I made a custom DLC pack but I'm afraid it's only compatible with custom launchers like 3DM or Reloaded which have a convenient steam_api.ini where you can add a DLC pack into the text file.

If I were to release a custom DLC pack that only works with custom launchers would that be breaking the rules?

As far as I can understand from Lover's Lab policy, the only thing forbidden is to outright help people pirate a game / DLC. If you're gonna release something that is basically custom made and won't count as pirating any of the existing DLC's, you should probably be fine.

As far as I can understand from Lover's Lab policy, the only thing forbidden is to outright help people pirate a game / DLC. If you're gonna release something that is basically custom made and won't count as pirating any of the existing DLC's, you should probably be fine.

Well... That's kind of a gray area because technically there's DLC content in it, and due to the nature of the mod I can't force it to check for existing DLC as all DLC packs are standalone in the sense that they have all the model and texture assets contained within it (aside from obviously the engine to run the damned thing).

Well... That's kind of a gray area because technically there's DLC content in it, and due to the nature of the mod I can't force it to check for existing DLC as all DLC packs are standalone in the sense that they have all the model and texture assets contained within it (aside from obviously the engine to run the damned thing).

...I guess I don't know then. Maybe you should ask the mods and explain everything about what you want to upload?

here's another finished one,bought the Halloween DLC must say pretty disappointed for 80$

Yeah, I am really amazed they haven't figured out how to pirate the DLC...

well they have but i prefer to support my PC except for preorders Steam floats the money in offshore accounts u get nothing they make a killing on interest,but I'm ranting

...I guess I don't know then. Maybe you should ask the mods and explain everything about what you want to upload?

[Disclaimer]

That's precisely the kind of thing TN and KT are worried about. They do not want mods delivering their (drastically overpriced) DLCs. I'd rather that particular tool didn't get posted on this thread.

I warned people on Steam about just that. If you have all the DLCs, and are giving them away (Robin Hood style B)), I have made it public that it is highly classified information, and when people manage to do it, they should not make YouTube videos about it, or post them on well-known sites. LL has become quite well-known, and a thread entitled Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding is somewhere they'd find out quickly. They are the type to pursue action action against such things. :exclamation:

I'd say find a back-alley way to help the broke in this case. LL comes up on every modding site on Earth's forums, and I don't want this to be to be the link that brings everyone here. (MEGA?)

No offense. I despise those prices, but just...not here. If staff says it's fine, gimme a link (PM or different thread). :D Every DLC I see makes me die a little inside...with those bankrupting prices. $

[/Disclaimer]

Note: Those prices are killin' me! Every one of them are priced higher than the game! What does that say about the game?! The game is worth less to them than 1 outfit pack??

[Disclaimer]

That's precisely the kind of thing TN and KT are worried about. They do not want mods delivering their (drastically overpriced) DLCs. I'd rather that particular tool didn't get posted on this thread.

I warned people on Steam about just that. If you have all the DLCs, and are giving them away (Robin Hood style B)), I have made it public that it is highly classified information, and when people manage to do it, they should not make YouTube videos about it, or post them on well-known sites. LL has become quite well-known, and a thread entitled Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding is somewhere they'd find out quickly. They are the type to pursue action action against such things. :exclamation:

I'd say find a back-alley way to help the broke in this case. LL comes up on every modding site on Earth's forums, and I don't want this to be to be the link that brings everyone here. (MEGA?)

No offense. I despise those prices, but just...not here. If staff says it's fine, gimme a link (PM or different thread). :D Every DLC I see makes me die a little inside...with those bankrupting prices. $

[/Disclaimer]

Note: Those prices are killin' me! Every one of them are priced higher than the game! What does that say about the game?! The game is worth less to them than 1 outfit pack??

It's not necessarily piracy that's happening here. Well I'm just going to make the thread, and if it's a rule violation I'll take it down.

Wait, wouldn't this only work for people who have the DLC? Are you saying you modded DLC stuff, and want to release those modifications? In that case, you would need the DLCs, right? Would be no prob. If you were uploading the whole outfits, I'm not even sure other people's game would recognize the files, so I suppose it would depend on if the new files were recognized, which would suggest DiscLockedContent, perhaps from an update, since I doubt such a thing was available at launch, like WWE 2K14/2K15.

here's another finished one,bought the Halloween DLC must say pretty disappointed for 80$

Yeah, I am really amazed they haven't figured out how to pirate the DLC...

I love the sexy mods people make, but I hope people will still support Team Ninja financially by buying the DLC legit. That will encourage TN to release future versions of DoA on PC and we will get more naked sexy girls. We will all win that way, I think :D

I must admit, I am waiting for a Steam sale to buy the game and ESPECIALLY the uber-expensive DLC though. 

I just forked out for the Movies and beach stuff.  Won't be buying any of the other content.  I already own it all on my XB360.  Will be cheaper for me to buy an XB1 and transfer than to get it all again.

Just tried to post a link to my mods...I'm too new here...can't even put a smiley...

I kinda have a little bit of a request here Awful, dunno if you take any...

Once proper tools are released;

Would it be possible to fix the ridiculous ankle issues some girls have on barefoot costumes? Like, for example Marie's ankle on that blue one piece of hers, is like, three times higher than where her ankle should actually be and it just looks horrible IMO.

Archived