Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

I kinda have a little bit of a request here Awful, dunno if you take any...

Once proper tools are released;

Would it be possible to fix the ridiculous ankle issues some girls have on barefoot costumes? Like, for example Marie's ankle on that blue one piece of hers, is like, three times higher than where her ankle should actually be and it just looks horrible IMO.

lol That's what they did. Marie is short (loli), and in all outfits, she has platform shoes to make her as tall as the others. They didn't seem to have an answer for a barefoot version. Not quite sure how I'd fix that. I guess they didn't wanna alter animations for a short girl. Probably...shouldn't have made her a loli then. :P They seem to go out of their way to make sure she doesn't get any sexy clothes. Again, probably shouldn't have made her loli. Gets annoying to see how they keep giving her highly constrictive clothes. While everyone gets almost nude outfits in each pack, she'll be wearing a full-body dress that covers everything from her neck to her ankles.

I'll see what can be done when I get her body. She's one of the first on the nude-list, mostly because of how they purposely avoid giving her sexy clothes (spite).

okay i'm a bit of a noob but all the files listed in the Steam/data directory don't seem to have a file extension,eg,I1D1Q1F_9[LMCAA4]QP3]973S{[H (file name) the rest are bin files and in a different directory,do you need to run this thru Python command line? or could you post a link to a tutorial thx in adance

okay i'm a bit of a noob but all the files listed in the Steam/data directory don't seem to have a file extension,eg,I1D1Q1F_9[LMCAA4]QP3]973S{[H (file name) the rest are bin files and in a different directory,do you need to run this thru Python command line? or could you post a link to a tutorial thx in adance

Run the Extractor tool (click the Start Gui command file so that you don't have to manually run the Python command line). It should bring up a GUI where you can select a "Bin" file for extraction (it needs other files but it finds them on their own if they're pathed correctly). Select a location to extract to and it should be a done deal.

I hope that at some point someone comes up with a mod that either moves the characters higher or the character-selection-grid lower down on the character selection screen. The grid obstructs like half the body (everything from the chest down) when you're choosing what costume to wear so unless you have them all memorized it's kinda hard to tell what you look like until the match actually starts.

Not a big deal, certainly, but would be a welcome change! And being able to rotate the characters on the selection screen would actually be fantastic too but let's not get too carried away with wishful thinking :P

Hopefully that made sense; kinda hard to put it into words lol.

Here's a few nude mods but most of them are missing some textures because of the bloody alpha channel and I don't really have the time to make them any better, they are good enough for me and if you don't like missing textures you can wait for Vergil, I'm pretty sure he will never release a mod with missing textures but at least I have 7 characters and more on the way.   http://www.4shared.com/rar/sH4Fw4XYba/textures__5_.html?

Here's the costume numbers:

Mila 32 post-508011-0-34504500-1429225174_thumb.

Helena 32 post-508011-0-50114400-1429225226_thumb.

Ayane 38 post-508011-0-98844200-1429225142_thumb.  post-508011-0-14552400-1429225157_thumb. I spent the most of the time with this one and that's why it's probably my best.

Lisa 30, 26 post-508011-0-01496000-1429225189_thumb.

Marie rose 02 (This one is originally Vergil's mod, I don't take any credit for it) post-508011-0-19103800-1429226885_thumb.  post-508011-0-85989600-1429226900_thumb.

Momiji 11 post-508011-0-99061300-1429225266_thumb.

Phase4 06, 07 (06 is not that good but I'm gonna fix it when I have the time) post-508011-0-45271200-1429225240_thumb.  post-508011-0-89321400-1429225253_thumb.

Hitomi 26 (It gets a little darker with every few hits, I'm trying to find a solution for that) post-508011-0-31387200-1429225202_thumb.

Kasumi 07 (This one is originally Vergil's mod, I don't take any credit for it) post-508011-0-58457400-1429226852_thumb.  post-508011-0-99162700-1429226870_thumb.

Sarah 04 post-508011-0-93945700-1429451373_thumb.jpg post-508011-0-89113400-1429451356_thumb.jpg

Run with uMod_alpha_v2_r51

Somebody stop me! I keep updating this post as I make more nude mods and I keep adding them to this post and I can't stop.

I was up until 4 in the morning to try to make as many as possible and I'm not gonna stop here. Not until I have a nude mod for every female character. It's the first nice fighting game for pc and probably the last one so we have to make the most of it. I hope that Vergil makes mods for every character and fast. The mods that I'm posting should get you satisfied until he makes better ones, I see that Vergil just doesn't have enough time to make them since he's delaying them a little bit, but thumbs up Vergil, keep up the good work !

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-508011-0-47068300-1429225214_thumb.
  •  

...Hey Awful.

Since we got a 100% working, FULL nude mod that works solely via the game reading the files as DLC rather than using any shiny mod tools...

...Will you start doing...Cool and shiny stuff?

A good start would be finishing the rest of the girls, but I have zero skills in the modeling department. And even though I have the utmost respect and gratitude for "Harry Palmer" (that name cracks me up every time), it does suck that he has no interest in Honoka and thus will not make her. I'm assuming the same for the others that are missing, since he said he was "done." Oh well, what we do have so far is quite awesome and sexy.

...Hey Awful.

Since we got a 100% working, FULL nude mod that works solely via the game reading the files as DLC rather than using any shiny mod tools...

...Will you start doing...Cool and shiny stuff?

Well, I'm currently making sex animations and sex toys for Sims 4, which is reason #2 I haven't made any tex-mods for DOA. Reason #1 is that many people are releasing many mods as it is. I was thinking about improving and varying the current nude skin everyone's using, so not everyone has the same nips. Especially for MR, since she has smaller boobs, yet the same big areola as everyone else.

In the meantime, I really need to get these animations done, and toss out a few more dildos and butt-plugs and whatnot, and complete Pluggy, the talking butt-plug, and then I'll see what's up with the new tool. Since I never heard the word "meshes", I haven't downloaded it.

It is my understanding that people are using 3 different tools to extract textures? Out of curiosity, which is the best and why?

Right...Uh...I honestly don't think there are ANY new tools or anything. The only ones I've ever heard of are the 4 that were made on Xentax.

I don't wanna misguide you or anything since I'm typically a complete idiot when it comes to anything computer related, but yeah. This guy named Harry Palmer on GVZ just came up with some edited .TMC or TCM (...Or whatever it was) files on GVZ, someone repacked them into a DLC file, and suddenly we had the first ever full nude mod with working meshes.

You probably could actually learn something rather than my somewhat useless info on the actual thread at GVZ: http://www.gamevixenzone.net/hot-stuff-21/doa5lr-real-nude-mods-2124/

The same mod is also posted on Lover's Lab right here, by Galhound, there is also probably some useful info over there.

...Hope I helped, lol.

nope.....but that tool is a godsend there's file's in there that don't show in Umod. i even suspect there's' a DLC  in the bin file (locked) but it's 3'4g unpacked that's a lot of files, still poking around (my anti virus always deletes the modified exe everytime i start my pc )

here' another for Rachel (was trying to make her topless)but these alpha's and mask's are a pain they show up in the DDS file ( preview transparency) but when i place them in the game they don't work,currently using the Hex editor but after hours of searching couldn't find the value

post-364297-0-88497300-1429684071_thumb.jpg

post-364297-0-05981300-1429684081_thumb.jpg

post-364297-0-69506100-1429684088_thumb.jpg

Rachel 04.rar

Ok so if it's okay I'd like to ask a quick nooby question regarding modding this game :

What are the tools needed to edit textures ? More specifically, extracting .dds and then repack the edited .dds ? I'm not totally new to this, but I'm definitely new regarding the tools used for this particular game.
If anybody would be kind enough to direct me towards the needed tools, I'd really appreciate it :)

Ok so if it's okay I'd like to ask a quick nooby question regarding modding this game :

What are the tools needed to edit textures ? More specifically, extracting .dds and then repack the edited .dds ? I'm not totally new to this, but I'm definitely new regarding the tools used for this particular game.

If anybody would be kind enough to direct me towards the needed tools, I'd really appreciate it :)

here, you need python and net framework i guess.

modding_tool.7z

[Mod] Better Keyboard Layout
25580-1-1428772522.png
How to Install:

Step1:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pk4skzdy6mq5o85/BetterKeyboardLayout_DOA5LR_v1.01.rar or download the attached file on this post
Has the following files in it:
- Game.bat
- BetterKeyboardLayout.exe
- BetterKeyboardLayout Manual.png
Step2: Extract the file to the DOA5LR directory
Step3:
- Run Game.bat to start the game
Or
- Run the Game through Steam then run BetterKeyboardLayout.exe

How to Remap Keyboard Keys:

I have just registered here specifically so I can comment on this mod, so here are my thoughts.

I believe this mod is on the right trek and has a great potential, but also I believe there are things to reconsider and to improve.

First of all its indisputable pro is the way it integrates into DoA5: it launches automatically when you launch the game, works with no errors in the background and automatically shuts itself down when user quits the game. That is perfection, as streamlined and non-annoying as it gets, much better from the alternatives that one has to shut down manually each and every time.

Now what I think can really be improved is the actual mapping offering. Basically DoA5 porting team gave us an arbitrary set of keys to use and in limited cases to chose from, their layout made little sense, so here comes the mod and gives us another arbitrary set of keys to use and in limited cases to chose from that make much more sense, but still ultimately is uncontested and defined by someone else (the author of the mod) and not by players. For example, using horizontal rows of Num Pad makes perfect sense for kick/punch/block buttons, I use those myself all the time in fighting games, except I prefer Num 4/5/6 to Num 7/8/9 offered in the mod. Enter and Backspace seems to make sense as menu accept/cancel buttons, but in reality such a layout forces player to change their hand position constantly instead of resting hands comfortably on the same useful buttons all the time. Punch button for accept and kick button for cancel is much better to me, in the end that is basically what people are used to by playing fightings in ePSXe/Dolphin/PCSX2 and other emulators.

So Better Keyboard Layout mod is already able to make DoA5 use whatever keys the mod wants, the next step should be to give players the power to be able to make Better Keyboard Layout mod use whatever keys players want. As I understand it, layouts described in the quoted picture above are currently hard coded into BetterKeyboardLayout.exe. What I offer is to break the base of the mod into two separate files instead of one, let BetterKeyboardLayout.exe read button layouts from something akin to BetterKeyboardLayout.ini, allow players to modify every button possible in that .ini (including Universal, Fight and Movies keys, basically all of the keys there are), just like in every config file.

I guess that should not be too hard to accomplish for a skilful programmer who was able to create BetterKeyboardLayout 1.01 in the first place, also it will enhance usefulness of the mod to great degrees.

So what do you think, is my suggestion any good?

this is what i would like to see ingame trying to paint it at the moment,(finally got all the images etc together) but using textures instead of meshes,not quite the same,

post-364297-0-16216400-1430029453_thumb.jpg

Archived