Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

Do I have to add an new/redone alpha mask to the specular to get transparency to clothes?

Here's what I always do:

When you are editing the texture (the actual texture, not the shadow or bumpmap etc), the Alpha usually needs a black and white pic. In the case of making clothes transparent, I always copy the texture and paste it right to the Alpha. That's right, I copy/paste the actual pic right to the Alpha layer. That has always given me transparent clothes without even having to add transparency, but adding transparency will push it further. (PS CS6) Adding transparency without copy/pasting the texture right to the Alpha leaves weird discoloration where the transparency was added.

It's possible these textures play by different rules. I haven't tried to mess with enough textures to verify it's as easy as I'm saying. They could have added more than I know to their texturing. I really have to check it out.

Do I have to add an new/redone alpha mask to the specular to get transparency to clothes?

Here's what I always do:

When you are editing the texture (the actual texture, not the shadow or bumpmap etc), the Alpha usually needs a black and white pic. In the case of making clothes transparent, I always copy the texture and paste it right to the Alpha. That's right, I copy/paste the actual pic right to the Alpha layer. That has always given me transparent clothes without even having to add transparency, but adding transparency will push it further. (PS CS6) Adding transparency without copy/pasting the texture right to the Alpha leaves weird discoloration where the transparency was added.

It's possible these textures play by different rules. I haven't tried to mess with enough textures to verify it's as easy as I'm saying. They could have added more than I know to their texturing. I really have to check it out.

Thanks! I don't see why lustful_illumination couldn't have just answered me.

I suppose my problem is with the mesh not having an Alpha property. 

I'll just have to look for a different costume or something.

Register.

Then you have to wait 30 minutes for any action like posting or liking... but you can´t see the preview or download yet, propably after some posts only.

Anyway, so far I understood that these are no nudemods, but cloth mods/switches.

Mesh? Thought we were talkin' textures here...

Question: If we want nude Kasumi, can't we just use Alpha-152 as the nude bod (no bothersome meshes), with a whole nude skin mapped to it, and Kasumi's head?

Managed to make a see-through texture for Marie Rose... It's pretty subtle though, but I think it came out pretty ok - at least for the first texture I've ever made.

Here's a few screens..

post-20210-0-01431800-1427906802_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-55191100-1427906251_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-96555100-1427906276_thumb.jpg

Here's the texture... works the same way as the Momiji mod - with uMod

game_W1024_H1024_F827611204_T_0XC2F60FB5A222D497.dds

Edit: 

Made another one, with a bit more noticeable pink-er nips ;)

post-20210-0-12674000-1427909041_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-53403800-1427909073_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-21355700-1427909136_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-15589300-1427909435_thumb.jpg

Download:

Edit2: Fixed the bellybutton area on both files - as it had a dark area above the bellybutton of the model (Still visible in screenshots above, but fixed in the model as best as I could :))

Edit3: lol, one more version. Smaller nipples, rounder shape, maybe a bit more defined.. and a result that even satisfies the perfectionist in me for now. 

Screens:

post-20210-0-53815900-1427915450_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-94794500-1427915492_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-42388900-1427915519_thumb.jpgpost-20210-0-90942300-1427915585_thumb.jpg

Download: 

Mesh? Thought we were talkin' textures here...

Question: If we want nude Kasumi, can't we just use Alpha-152 as the nude bod (no bothersome meshes), with a whole nude skin mapped to it, and Kasumi's head?

We were lol but like Skyrim, when you want something transparent, you open the .nif and add a alpha property. And then do the rest with photoshop.

However, I was just touching the textures for a Christie swimsuit. (which definitley had an alpha property)

But nothing changed, I guess lustful didn't answer me because he got lucky or knew the texture he chose was the only one that would work for it.

Managed to make a see-through texture for Marie Rose... It's pretty subtle though, but I think it came out pretty ok - at least for the first texture I've ever made.

Here's a few screens..

attachicon.gif 2015-04-01_00015.jpgattachicon.gif 2015-04-01_00026.jpgattachicon.gif 2015-04-01_00035.jpg

Here's the texture... works the same way as the Momiji mod - with uMod

attachicon.gif game_W1024_H1024_F827611204_T_0XC2F60FB5A222D497.dds

Very nice! I was just touching up the texture my self, when you immediately fixed it. 

Better than I ever could too.

Update: Added the files for whoever wants to try.

christieexposed.7z

seems you have to register for the forum and then leave a reply to get the download link... for anyone that wants to be bothered

"抱歉,您没有权限在该版块回帖"

Super ridiculous 

Basic Translation: You can't reply to this thread (for no reason)

----------------------------------

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/texture-editing-pc.5560/page-4#post-254556

Thank GOD!!!

Update: Doesn't work, but either way; official tutorial link.

Figured it out. After registering and log in your account, you will get a notice message in your inbox. It gives you a link with a thread where you have to post your first time(it´s the only one where you can post yet), after you posted there you have to go back to your profile center and draw your account status to get +20 points and to get the next status for posting everywhere once a minute.

Very nice! I was just touching up the texture my self, when you immediately fixed it. 

Thanks! :) Appreciated. Felt like my favorite character needed some attention, haha. 

If only I had a bit more talent, I'd aim to do something like this for the whole suit;

http://marierose-fan-club.deviantart.com/art/Marie-Rose-Naughty-Suit-3-522614790;>

I could get those colors in there for you no problem, and possibly even the ultra shiny specular.

Thanks! :) Appreciated. Felt like my favorite character needed some attention, haha. 

If only I had a bit more talent, I'd aim to do something like this for the whole suit;

http://marierose-fan-club.deviantart.com/art/Marie-Rose-Naughty-Suit-3-522614790;>

I could get those colors in there for you no problem, and possibly even the ultra shiny specular.

Be my guest! That'd be great :)

And to be honest, anyone's free to do anything to that file. The more variations, the better heh :) (but ofcourse credit is always nice)

looking forward to see Honoka nude modded ingame, my body is ready ;o

But I don´t make my hopes up to high, I´m experienced with tex mods, Umod, injection and remodding... and stuff - and I know there will be many textures/clothes you can´t mod since many will have a nontextured area which will just show 100% transparent if you try to put away the texture or overpaint it in the dds file. if you know about Tera nude modding, you know what I´m talking about.

looking forward to see Honoka nude modded ingame, my body is ready ;o

But I don´t make my hopes up to high, I´m experienced with tex mods, Umod, injection and remodding... and stuff - and I know there will be many textures/clothes you can´t mod since many will have a nontextured area which will just show 100% transparent if you try to put away the texture or overpaint it in the dds file. if you know about Tera nude modding, you know what I´m talking about.

Also, you can't have too many textures or it will crash. And somethings refuse to go transparent for users.

The people modding this game don't want to share their mods or their knowledge.

So i'm discontinuing all of my work. Too much frustration.

You guys better fucking thank me

(a fuck load of adult mod for the game /w screenshots)

https://mega.co.nz/#F!RYtnVLgD!86eHKjwp8YH_EgA3dlpgEw

Be my guest! That'd be great :)

And to be honest, anyone's free to do anything to that file. The more variations, the better heh :) (but ofcourse credit is always nice)

Someone made the color you're looking for in the pack i uploaded

Oh they did? I mean the red latex thing? Hmm, didn't see it in there - are you sure you included that one?

Either way - a MASSIVE thank you for that upload. :)

@xXDeliteXx

Thanks!

Now on to my question. How are textures extracted so they can be edited? I want to to edit Hitomi's hair (I want it more blonde) and some other stuff and i don't know how to get at the textures. Can anyone help?

I asked the same question elsewhere and was pointed to this video tutorial:

Different game, but works just the same.

Just do as he says and then browse through the huuuge amount of textures until the texture you want to copy is highlighted green (or displayed in the corner of the screen) and then press the button you set to copy it.

Very handy!

Oh they did? I mean the red latex thing? Hmm, didn't see it in there - are you sure you included that one?

Either way - a MASSIVE thank you for that upload. :)

@xXDeliteXx

Thanks!

Now on to my question. How are textures extracted so they can be edited? I want to to edit Hitomi's hair (I want it more blonde) and some other stuff and i don't know how to get at the textures. Can anyone help?

I asked the same question elsewhere and was pointed to this video tutorial:

Different game, but works just the same.

Just do as he says and then browse through the huuuge amount of textures until the texture you want to copy is highlighted green (or displayed in the corner of the screen) and then press the button you set to copy it.

Very handy!

My apologies, i spotted the Kasumi colors. I'll make the version for you still lol

Edit: I believe the white shirt textures don't show up nudey until wet.

Don't wanna nitpick, but...

The save you uploaded works fine..Except none of the music are unlocked (And to my knowledge, there's no music DLC or anything...)

I finished Arcade twice but that only unlocked Ayane's Warriors Orochi 3 theme and I couldn't unlock anything else.

Could you please look into it? Some of those themes are just ridiculous. I can't live without Kasumi's Orochi 3 theme -.-

Don't wanna nitpick, but...

The save you uploaded works fine..Except none of the music are unlocked (And to my knowledge, there's no music DLC or anything...)

I finished Arcade twice but that only unlocked Ayane's Warriors Orochi 3 theme and I couldn't unlock anything else.

Could you please look into it? Some of those themes are just ridiculous. I can't live without Kasumi's Orochi 3 theme -.-

Well someone on 4chan pointed me to the file.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/289097036#p289115160

My apologies, i spotted the Kasumi colors. I'll make the version for you still lol

Edit: I believe the white shirt textures don't show up nudey until wet.

Thanks a bunch! Ever since I saw that deviantart picture, I wanted that in my game :D

Oh and wet shirt see-through -> Brilliant! :))

Archived