Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

I think this is the place I should put my modding discoveries instead of hijacking Holden's wonderful thread.

I have been messing with a lot of different stuff at the same time trying to wrap up my vertex converter tool to allow for complete automated conversion.  It is taking much more time than I thought and I am missing some pieces (such as the xbox 360 version of vertex/index information, which I hope I can obtain through ready-made tools).  At this point in time, I am beginning to doubt why I am spending all this time on it given the models we have are already perfect. :D

In the mean time I have been trying to get some practices with 3ds max and testing my solution at the same time -

post-781013-0-41078600-1430865271_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-34714000-1430865275_thumb.jpg

I chose to mess with boobs because they seem to be the easiest to mold  :blush:

This method is quite limited in the sense that only a few 360 mesh models can be opened and most of the models don't provide a very good base.  What Harry did with these models was ingenious and way beyond my skill level.  He actually changed the mesh grouping so the direct 1 to 1 conversion was failing in my tool which assumes all the groupings remain the same.   For the longest time I was wondering why the conversion tool wasn't working 100% and I finally realized what's going on.

I plan on fixing it once I can get more info on how to get this info and where to put this stuff in the PC file.  I think I should be able to insert mesh grouping information into the PC TMC file assuming that the total number of vertices remains the same. 

In other news, Sarah's neck reacts much better to my neck fix app.  I tried direct conversion but Rachel's model ended up with a very long neck due to their height difference,  So I had to come up with a novel way to put Sarah's neck vertices onto a shorter body based on Tina/Rachel by ignoring the height element in the vertex data.  Here are the results.   It still doesn't fit sarah very well due to difference in height in base model, but I think it is much better than Leifang's.

post-781013-0-51162000-1430866225_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-19941100-1430866226_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-19999100-1430866227_thumb.jpg

I think this is the place I should put my modding discoveries instead of hijacking Holden's wonderful thread.

I have been messing with a lot of different stuff at the same time trying to wrap up my vertex converter tool to allow for complete automated conversion.  It is taking much more time than I thought and I am missing some pieces (such as the xbox 360 version of vertex/index information, which I hope I can obtain through ready-made tools).  At this point in time, I am beginning to doubt why I am spending all this time on it given the models we have are already perfect. :D

In the mean time I have been trying to get some practices with 3ds max and testing my solution at the same time -

attachicon.gifMeshManipulationAndConversion01.jpgattachicon.gifMeshManipulationAndConversion02.jpg

I choose to mess with boobs because they seem to be the easiest to mold  :blush:

This method is quite limited in the sense that only a few 360 mesh models can be opened and most of the models don't provide a very good base.  What Harry did with these models was ingenious and way beyond my skill level.  He actually changed the mesh grouping so the direct 1 to 1 conversion was failing in my tool which assumes all the groupings remain the same.   For the longest time I was wondering why the conversion tool wasn't working 100% and I finally realized what's going on.

I plan on fixing it once I can get more info on how to get this info and where to put this stuff in the PC file.  I think I should be able to insert mesh grouping information into the PC TMC file assuming that the total number of vertices remains the same. 

In other news, Sarah's neck reacts much better to my neck fix app.  I tried direct conversion but Rachel's model ended up with a very long neck due to their height difference,  So I had to come up with a novel way to put Sarah's neck vertices onto a shorter body based on Tina/Rachel by ignoring the height element in the vertex data.  Here are the results.   It still doesn't fit sarah very well due to difference in height in base model, but I think it is much better than Leifang's.

attachicon.gifSarahNeckTest01.jpgattachicon.gifSarahNeckTest02.jpgattachicon.gifSarahNeckTest03.jpg

Can you send me the scripts especially the logical name changer?

Some updates -

Direct one to one conversion is working wonderfully.  I have been spending time on trying to solve an issue with custom made models such as Harry's where some parts are borrowed to "fill in the gap" in the body mesh.  This is for people with very advanced (to me) 3ds max modeling skills that can change mesh groupings (I suspect it is for texturing purposes)

Last week I thought I could just copy all vertices over while adhering to the mesh data, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it.  Parts of the model will look all messed up.  I was able to fix it by copying the index buffer from Harry's model to my test TMC file and the model starts to resemble Harry's model.

Now it looks much better, but something is still not right about the "lady parts."   Here I was stuck for a while trying to put pieces together, and then I realized that it was because I have not updated the UV/normals.    Today I spent some time identifying UV and normals using hex editor since I know the vertex length of both formats, it only boiled down to 64 byte max, and I think I have got a pretty good result:

post-781013-0-22539700-1431237024_thumb.jpg

It is still not quite right, but I am spent at this point.  I think I might have to also copy the index buffer for the normals and maybe some other stuff, and I still need to understand how to read the 360 TMC files to be able to do this with a click of a button (or 3) without having to rely on external input such as "mesh_data."  I will probably pick it up again next week.  All in all, this has been a pretty interesting experience.

Here are some test screen shots.  Many thanks to SaafRats that is helping me test my program.

post-781013-0-95127700-1431237150_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-28167900-1431237152_thumb.jpg

Some updates -

Direct one to one conversion is working wonderfully.  I have been spending time on trying to solve an issue with custom made models such as Harry's where some parts are borrowed to "fill in the gap" in the body mesh.  This is for people with very advanced (to me) 3ds max modeling skills that can change mesh groupings (I suspect it is for texturing purposes)

Last week I thought I could just copy all vertices over while adhering to the mesh data, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it.  Parts of the model will look all messed up.  I was able to fix it by copying the index buffer from Harry's model to my test TMC file and the model starts to resemble Harry's model.

Now it looks much better, but something is still not right about the "lady parts."   Here I was stuck for a while trying to put pieces together, and then I realized that it was because I have not updated the UV/normals.    Today I spent some time identifying UV and normals using hex editor since I know the vertex length of both formats, it only boiled down to 64 byte max, and I think I have got a pretty good result:

attachicon.giflisa_test05.jpg

It is still not quite right, but I am spent at this point.  I think I might have to also copy the index buffer for the normals and maybe some other stuff, and I still need to understand how to read the 360 TMC files to be able to do this with a click of a button (or 3) without having to rely on external input such as "mesh_data."  I will probably pick it up again next week.  All in all, this has been a pretty interesting experience.

Here are some test screen shots.  Many thanks to SaafRats that is helping me test my program.

attachicon.gifHonokaTest01.jpgattachicon.gifHonokaTest02.jpg

You are really doing an excellent job with mod conversions! :) ... I believe that soon there will be more surprises :ph34r: ...

I am happy to announce that it is time to EOL my pet project "DOA5 neck fixer app" since Harry has come up with the perfect solution that I set out to attempt as my personal goal.  It's all been good fun!

I managed to get it "almost" right by taking more information into consideration instead of just vertices (normals, UV, weight etc), all the while messing with 3ds Max modeling to scale the neck portion, but it still can't match the current version we have in circulation.

post-781013-0-79313300-1431276078_thumb.jpg

For those curious as to what I managed: https://www.mediafire.com/?m6fk5vqe2r2w899

Needless to say, I was pretty happy with the result.  Taking one baby step at a time at DOA5 modding :)  I have learned a whole lot during this process.  If any of you are just starting and have any questions at all, I might be able to answer them.

I will still be working on my conversion tool.  Perhaps one day we will see more mods.

Inspired by better looking nipples found on Harry's latest Leifang model, I decided to give it a go myself.  I am a super 3DS MAX amateur, so I wasn't expecting anything great looking...

Before vs After

post-781013-0-08406300-1431385595_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-33561000-1431385603_thumb.jpg

I was surprised that they actually resemble nipples in the first place and look decent :D  This probably looks very simple to veteran 3ds users and people who haven't tried it, but making this change took me a few hours (figuring out what control does what in 3ds alone is a fun experience).  I tried to make them a bit more organic looking with a bit more curves.  I now understand why Harry chose to redo the mesh.   However,  I soon realized this is the kind of thing you can spend all day on.  Still no match for Harry's new nipple mesh, though.    I think it would be cool to tailor-fit nipple size and shape for each and every girl, but that is a huge project to undertake.  :blush:

It appears that my conversion tool can now copy UVs/Normals/(some random number, maybe weight?) and some other sets of random numbers without causing any issues at all.  The tool is still not very user friendly as it requires users to know where to find mesh data.  Progress is slow as I haven't much time to spare lately.  This stuff can take up a few hours very easily and, more often than not, at the end of the day I have no progress to show for due to all the trial and error I have to go through.  Since most of the nude models have already been released, I think there isn't going to be much interest at all in modding.  One good thing about learning the know-how, though, is that I can do little changes like this to suit my taste.  :blush:

Nice! that model looks good. I think I am seeing some slight difference in breast shape too. The waist modification is probably a bit above of my skill level with 3Ds for now :D, I should like to try it.

I also made some easier and minor changes to mold the most malleable parts to my liking :blush: I think smaller chest makes for a more natural looking model:

post-781013-0-18272600-1431400497_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-10449200-1431400501_thumb.jpg

I was going to retire my neck seam fixer app, but I decided to put it to use again and managed to connect Nyotengu's neck to her body. Her seam is much easier to close.

post-781013-0-24617000-1431402104_thumb.jpg

With a magical click of a button (and a lot of pre-processing before hand to identify neck vertex IDs and vertex start addresses etc, which takes some time....), here's the result. This tool is never going to be user friendly enough for everyone to use unless people know where to find stuff, and it uses hard-coded values for now (looking for very specific DLC_### models for neck vertices, etc). I can expand it to accept custom inputs if I have time to get to that.

Before

post-781013-0-34546200-1431400550_thumb.jpg

After

post-781013-0-06795300-1431400553_thumb.jpg post-781013-0-50342100-1431400830_thumb.jpg

I never noticed how hot she actually is until after having spent some time working on her neck seam issue. :D

Aside from the obvious skin tone mismatch (texturing is not my forte), I think the connection is pretty good. Sadly, this is never going to be a proper mod for her due to lack of wings and the fan.

Nice! that model looks good. I think I am seeing some slight difference in breast shape too. The waist modification is probably a bit above of my skill level with 3Ds for now :D, I should like to try it.

I also made some easier and minor changes to mold the most malleable parts to my liking :blush: I think smaller chest makes for a more natural looking model:

LeifangSmallerSize01.jpg LeifangSmallerSize02.jpg

I was going to retire my neck seam fixer app, but I decided to put it to use again and managed to connect Nyotengu's neck to her body. Her seam is much easier to close.

NyotenguNeckFixer.jpg

With a magical click of a button (and a lot of pre-processing before hand to identify neck vertex IDs and vertex start addresses etc, which takes some time....), here's the result. This tool is never going to be user friendly enough for everyone to use unless people know where to find stuff, and it uses hard-coded values for now (looking for very specific DLC_### models for neck vertices, etc). I can expand it to accept custom inputs if I have time to get to that.

Before

NyotenguNeckBefore.jpg

After

NyotenguNeckAfter.jpg NyotenguNeckAfter02.jpg

I never noticed how hot she actually is until after having spent some time working on her neck seam issue. :D

Aside from the obvious skin tone mismatch (texturing is not my forte), I think the connection is pretty good. Sadly, this is never going to be a proper mod for her due to lack of wings and the fan.

good job

Maybe we can try to import the obj, just change the shape, like sf4tools

Hello, i don't know if it is the right place to ask,

there is someone intrested in a "unshaved" version of nude mod?

I mean bush and under arms

Let me know if anyone welcome my idea :)

Hi!

There already is an unshaven version out there you can load up with Umod. As for armpits... I love beautiful, full pubic hair, but armpits may be too specific. As strange as it may sound, I don't even dislike it too much, but it's not something I'd like to see.

My humble opinion, of course.

Nice, you're getting there.

Learning is still useful. if you want all the stuff like socks, piercings, and other stuff like on the 360 there's no other way but to learn.

I ported over one of my old 360 models in the weekend onto harry's base mesh.

I tend to prefer smaller nipples and thinner waistline, and I'm sure some other people do too, but there's no accounting for such preferences unless people are willing to make the modifications themselves.

KXd1bUE.jpg

I love what you've done with Kasumi here. She's no longer cookie cutter looking. I hope you get to share her. =)

Now that meshes seem to be getting closer to being moddable, I was playing today with Marie Rose (not that way, you pervs...) and noticed how lovely she looks here.

post-797768-0-05544500-1431470519_thumb.jpg

Smaller, more realistic breasts, are still VERY BEAUTIFUL. Hopefully some people FAR MORE CAPABLE than yours truly, come up with a mod that gives the girls more realistic (still knockout but realistic) breast sizes. And individually shaped nipples? That's a plus. =)

Anyone else would like that?

I love what you've done with Kasumi here. She's no longer cookie cutter looking. I hope you get to share her. =)

Now that meshes seem to be getting closer to being moddable, I was playing today with Marie Rose (not that way, you pervs...) and noticed how lovely she looks here.

attachicon.gif1.JPG

Smaller, more realistic breasts, are still VERY BEAUTIFUL. Hopefully some people FAR MORE CAPABLE than yours truly, come up with a mod that gives the girls more realistic (still knockout but realistic) breast sizes. And individually shaped nipples? That's a plus. =)

Anyone else would like that?

Meshes have already been moddable since you are playing with nude mods :D Folks at Xentax have already been at this for a long time, and Harry Palmer was kind enough to share his models with us.

Funny you should mention smaller boobage :)   That is one of the first modifications I attempted to make just a couple of posts above this one.

I think the thing about breast sizes and nipple shapes is that it's all personal preferences, and everyone likes them different ways.  It is impossible to custom make it for everyone.  I have made their chest size considerably smaller than the default size, and they are still quite large, but I think they look nice.

I spent a few more hours messing with chest size again - 

Before

post-781013-0-56636200-1431472508_thumb.jpg

After

post-781013-0-88618500-1431472507_thumb.jpg

I also spent a few hours on modifying Marie's lady parts, but I think the outcome isn't very obivous.

Before vs After                                                   

post-781013-0-62139100-1431473616_thumb.png  post-781013-0-42599100-1431473622_thumb.png

Beofre vs After

post-781013-0-97047600-1431473898_thumb.jpg post-781013-0-22610700-1431473898_thumb.jpg

It is entirely possible to have a different shape of breast/nipple for every girl, and butt, waist, thighs and so on, but that will take a very long time to do.   The game already scales the model in different ways to fit different characters in the same weight class.  A good example is default Pai and default Momiji who appear very different in size in game, although they are based on the exact same model.  All girls in the same weight class are based more or less on the same model.

With the current limit of DLC mods (easily clashing in number etc), you can only have so many variations before you run out of slots or run into incompatibility with other mods.

Here's a video of my attempted neck seam fix for Nyotengu

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/856tw7w0bif8365/NyotenguNeckSeamRepair01.mp4

I think the connection is not too bad.  Too bad skin tone is so off.  Maybe I should learn how to fix that.  I'd appreciate it if anyone has any pointers on how to get started on modifying a texture.

Archived