[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

1 hour ago, monnowbuoyant said:

Actually, I think I might be having the same problem. I know package files work in general because both no intro and no sparkles when building work. When I click on a sim I'm playing or any another sim, there is no option to enter the KW menu, on top of that there is no message that it has even loaded at all. I thought it might have been the fact I had v1.69, but I reinstalled it and used the superpatch to upgrade to v1.67.2, but that didn't help. I have the starter pack and nothing else. I think it might be failing at some early stage with my config, but that's only a guess because I'm not sure if there's a debug log for this mod.

Tha is exactly what i'm experiencing

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Need more from you. Did you click on any sim, enter the KW menu and "enable" the mod?

There's no KW menu at all. On top of that there's never a notification of KW being loaded.

Might have to do what Iandess says and just start slowly adding mods one by one cause I have noc lue what else to do.

EvoGull and monnowbuoyant, it is not to treat you as idiots, but we need to start at the beginning... which KW build do you have? Again, not to treat you as idiots, but I don't know how much YOU know about what you're doing. Did you unzip the KW file before putting it into the packages folder? I only ask because there was a person who uploaded a screenshot of his/ her folder, and the zip file was there along with a bunch of other stuff that didn't belong in the Packages folder. landess may remember that?

Also, Nonsequitur uploaded a mods folder resource a while ago. I understand that it's set up correctly. Go to the main downloads page, to Sims 3 downloads and go back a few pages to find it. I already had one set up years ago, but if you are new to TS3, maybe your mods folder and resource config aren't set up right, or its a bad config? I've heard of that happening also. Even if a few things worked, you added a large set of files that a broken resource config can't process.

Or, it's something ridiculously easy and as landess said, will be skipped over 100 times.

Spoiler

11.jpg.7583daf359874de9bf1f76430dfde66b.jpg

48 minutes ago, landess said:

What is the starter pack? The rest of your post is clear and concise.

My apologies. This was what I was talking about: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-3-starter-pack

52 minutes ago, landess said:

>EVERYONE - remove your mod folder: Start the game, everything works? Okay. Now replace the mod/packages folder per standard instruction (google it). Keep it EMPTY. Start the game, everything works? Okay. Now add ONLY KW - no additional files at all, including NO extra animations - NOTHING ELSE!. Start the game, everything works?

Again, I'm sorry. I wasn't sure if those packages were dependencies or not. The wiki, https://onikikay-kinkyworld.fandom.com/wiki/Installation_and_requirements, did state that it had requirements such as animations, so I assumed it wouldn't work at all without them.

I did manage to get it to make a load message though. I'll try to see what's going on.

Thank you landess.

44 minutes ago, EvoGull said:

Might have to do what Iandess says and just start slowly adding mods one by one cause I have noc lue what else to do.

Silly question (maybe, but I've seen some not do this... the thread is kinda long... aka: don't feel too bad if you did), but did you extract the 7z file?  Just covering the basics, since some don't know 7z is a compressed file format.  No offense meant if you did this already.

4 hours ago, EvoGull said:

I downloaded all three animation packs

Animation packs are just animation packs, no mod parts at all in those.  Without the (go grab the version landess has posted a few times, it seems to be the version most here use) ONIKI_KinkyWorld_0.37 (Build 375).7z file downloaded and extracted (should be 16 package files and a txt file, the txt file isn't important)

Another thing to check.  After you start and load a game, are there any KWLog files in your game folder (the "The Sims 3" folder)?  The mod creates a file named similar to "KWLog_Export_EF0ECEB6.xml" (darker gray part might not exactly match) when it is starting up, next comes a notification (top right) that says "Oniki's Kinky World : v0.3.7 Build 375 (Public)", then the game pauses, screen slightly dims, and it shows a message in the center for a few seconds that it's injecting interactions for KW. (I glanced away too long & missed exact text).  If those 3 things don't happen, then there's something simple missing with your installation of this mod.  Maybe redownloading... files rarely, but it can happen, get corrupted so redownloading can eliminate that possibility.

If that log file exists, post it, I'll take a look. Maybe it can shed some lights on what's happening.  That file would be the "Preload" file.  KW creates a 2nd log file when you exit the game.

41 minutes ago, monnowbuoyant said:

Non-ea link, for those who avoid their sites:  https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Compilations_of_The_Sims_3#The_Sims_3_Starter_Pack

Looks like it's TS3 BG, LN, and HEL stuff pack.

Cool. I hadn't ever heard of that combo. :)

BTW, since you don't have University, Generations, Pets, Into the Future, Supernatural, and World Adventures, you'll be missing some of the functionality of KW, but it should still work for you.  (more info here, as I'm sure you already saw... putting link for future readers https://onikikay-kinkyworld.fandom.com/wiki/KW_and_Sims_3_Expansions)

42 minutes ago, monnowbuoyant said:

I did manage to get it to make a load message though. I'll try to see what's going on.

Oh, cool. Take a look at that KWLog file I mentioned. If it has a bunch of errors, that might give you direction. Example of this: I had errors in there caused by an error in an animation pack. I removed the pack with the issues, and the log errors went away. But, if it was just that sorta thing, the mod still loaded, so did other animations. So it sounds like you've got something a bit more weird.

As for animations, there's an animations package in the KW zip file, it's just limited. The other packs are only really needed to add "flavour".  So it might be worthwhile to remove the other animation packs from your mods folder until you figure out what's causing KW to not load.

From my loading log file with only KW 375 and no 3rd party animation packs:  "WooHooStage.Load: Resource : kinkystages : 29 stage(s) Loaded".  So all that comes with 375 is 29 "stages" which is KW speak for an animation (such as female masturbating with dildo on sofa).

Another thing to think of:  if your computer isn't super fast, it might take a few minutes for KW to finish loading.  (I read of some people having it take a full 5 minutes ? on really underpowered laptops... but those comments were several years old.)

1 hour ago, monnowbuoyant said:

My apologies

Not necessary. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't some truncated version being offered by EA which wasn't usable by KW proper.

AS I said, Start at the beginning  ?

@LadySmoks Keep teasing us with that meaty replacement.

@carine florida Still messing with the 'whore' stuff - will post updates.

16 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

EvoGull and monnowbuoyant, it is not to treat you as idiots, but we need to start at the beginning... which KW build do you have? Again, not to treat you as idiots, but I don't know how much YOU know about what you're doing. Did you unzip the KW file before putting it into the packages folder? I only ask because there was a person who uploaded a screenshot of his/ her folder, and the zip file was there along with a bunch of other stuff that didn't belong in the Packages folder. landess may remember that?

Also, Nonsequitur uploaded a mods folder resource a while ago. I understand that it's set up correctly. Go to the main downloads page, to Sims 3 downloads and go back a few pages to find it. I already had one set up years ago, but if you are new to TS3, maybe your mods folder and resource config aren't set up right, or its a bad config? I've heard of that happening also. Even if a few things worked, you added a large set of files that a broken resource config can't process.

Or, it's something ridiculously easy and as landess said, will be skipped over 100 times.

Reveal hidden contents

11.jpg.7583daf359874de9bf1f76430dfde66b.jpg

I have v0.37. I usedv.061 originally but I switched to see if something else would happen. Nothing happened. I also deleted everything in my packages folder then added KW one package file by one. Still doesn't work There's no log of KW every even starting and I have no clue why. I know my mods work as the no mosaic mod I had worked (before i deleted it). I have the steam version of sims 3 with the pets expansion pack, if that helps.

9 minutes ago, EvoGull said:

I have v0.37. I usedv.061 originally but I switched to see if something else would happen. Nothing happened. I also deleted everything in my packages folder then added KW one package file by one. Still doesn't work There's no log of KW every even starting and I have no clue why. I know my mods work as the no mosaic mod I had worked (before i deleted it). I have the steam version of sims 3 with the pets expansion pack, if that helps.

This is weirdly troubling, since it's sounding like you've got everything right.  But something has to hiding in plain sight (the worst place possible).  Care to post a screenshot of your package folder?

55 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

This is weirdly troubling, since it's sounding like you've got everything right.  But something has to hiding in plain sight (the worst place possible).  Care to post a screenshot of your package folder?

1380472260_TheSims33_10_20205_28_14PM.png.91a8b0d16bb153b1741b10bd7c670bce.png

137768704_TheSims33_10_20205_28_22PM.png.f49db6f09fc6596bb6e25decc6b02151.pngHere's my main sims 3 folder and my packages folder. It's really weird that it won't work

1 hour ago, EvoGull said:

I have v0.37.

If you got that from the first page here, there is an issue as to which build that actually is. It appears that for whatever reason, Oniki... or someone... put v0.3 on that download page that says its for v0.37, with the v0.3 followed immediately by .7z, which means its a 7zip file and you need 7zip to open it. 

IF that's the case, landess has uploaded an actual v0.37 public build 375 several times in recent pages here. I suggest you go back until you find it, and download it.

If you didn't download the v0.3 from the first page here, and have a real v0.37, forget the stuff above.

I know nothing about how STEAM works their TS3. Hopefully they aren't as bad as Origin! Maybe a silly question, but your Sims 3 works, right?

I'm starting to think as jdw6 said, and maybe if you post a screenshot of how your folder is set up it might help track down what's going wrong?

Okay, you were posting as I was typing! Yes, from the size of the KinkyWorldMod file, that's not build 375! So, first thing to do is go back a few pages to find the one landess uploaded. )

OY! I just looked again at your pics. Is it something STEAM does that your Sims 3 isn't in your documents? The game loads to programs, and creates a file Documents>Electronic Arts> Sims 3, and all interactions you make are done in the documents files... such as adding mods. Your Mods folder should be in there under the Documents>Electronic Arts> Sims 3, along with a bunch of other folders...

1.PNG.e226fe8670f574c89c4c8c0746862bfd.PNG

2.PNG.ea8e8f6def92d870bdc66707fa97b714.PNG

I have v0.37. I usedv.061

8 minutes ago, EvoGull said:

137768704_TheSims33_10_20205_28_22PM.png.f49db6f09fc6596bb6e25decc6b02151.pngHere's my main sims 3 folder and my packages folder. It's really weird that it won't work

You have 0.3 not 0.37.  You made the common mistake of confusing the extension "7z" as part of the version number when you downloaded.

The 1st 2 files do not exist in build 375 (which you need to go download and use... as recommended above many times on recent pages in this thread).

Now for some humor:  Aaaahhhhhhh my eyes!  All those hideous EA logos and video clips during game startup!  Aaaahhhhhhh!  (I long ago installed mods to kill all that delay stuff, but took it all out to check that 0.3 does still load. It does. And that it did create log files like newer versions. It did that too.)

I thought maybe your lowercased "mods" (instead of as documented everywhere I saw "Mods") might have caused this extreme weirdness, but 0.3 still loaded after renaming that folder.  You can see the filesizes are the same as what you showed.  This was from the 0.3 file.

kw346.png.9c3c3548aa837eb2f97ea03c0478a0e0.pngkw-v3files.png.8984b55bb20ee035201822638366cffe.png

I also tossed 399 (the build number is the only thing referenced on here since build 375 was released).

kw399.PNG.7ae22a75969629fe4aa4df80869f4897.PNGkw-399files.png.61aa4491b973e9b1a865ac054c00b5ea.png

Capture.PNG.4891a2cd6e9773241b9079de113a2a5f.PNG

Found it! Your Resource.cfg file goes inside the Mods folder.  Not sure why anything was ever working for you, since it looks like you've had that there since leap day.

Edit:  Not all of it... see posts above and below this one.  Looks like LadySmoks and I were both typing at the same time.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

OY! I just looked again at your pics. Is it something STEAM does that your Sims 3 isn't in your documents? The game loads to programs, and creates a file Documents>Electronic Arts> Sims 3, and all interactions you make are done in the documents files... such as adding mods. Your Mods folder should be in there under the Documents>Electronic Arts> Sims 3, along with a bunch of other folders...

6 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Found it! Your Resource.cfg file goes inside the Mods folder. 

Correction:  @LadySmoks found it!  Or, well, we both had parts. :)   I have the Steam version as well, and it does as she said: creates a bunch of folders inside "Documents" which is where your mods go.  (If you look at my past posts, I tend to refer to that as "your game folder".  Unless you really know what you're doing, you should never ever ever ever touch the stuff inside the steamapps folders... or if you made a full backup of it first... or are very very very careful (but only do that if you backed it up and are following performance guides that tell you very specific things).... ok, enough disclaimers.  lol

Suggestion (and this will be slightly painful, but just like removing a band-aid, only painful for a short while): 

1. uninstall TS3
  2. delete the "The Sims 3" folder from the "steamapps\common" folder (if uninstall doesn't), then reinstall it so you know for certain nothing in there was accidentally messed up.
  3. reinstall TS3 via Steam
  4. Run TS3 once and then exit w/o saving. You don't even need to start a world... um... I'm going off gut & memory here, so... YMMV
  5. Check "%USERPROFILE%\Documents"  (you can either put that exact string into explorer's address bar or you can navigate to your Documents folder your normal way.)
  6. There should be an "Electronic Arts" folder now, that has a "The Sims 3" folder inside it.  (If not, create both those.)
  7. Then create the Mods, Mods\Packages, Mods\Overrides folders
  8. and put the Resources.cfg inside Mods 
  9. and put all the packages for KW inside Mods\Packages
  10. and start TS3 up again...

Everything should be happy after all that.

In a year you'll be digging into the internals of mods and creating your own. ?  Welcome aboard. :)  hehehe  OK, maybe not.  But it can be addicting and happen.

24 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Unless you really know what you're doing

NEVER! IF you mod stuff, like I do... you make a COPY of any program folder that contains what you need, move the COPY to your workshop and use that. The way the game reads files is mods come last, so if you add a mod as a default, skins for example, last thing read becomes the default... and if you screw up (as I often do) take out the package you made (or added) and the game reverts back to the original default in the program files. No harm done. )

51 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Found it! Your Resource.cfg file goes inside the Mods folder.

Before seeing the way the game is laid out, I wondered if it was a bad resource config. I heard of bad ones out there. I also suggested downloading the "Mods Folder" set up by Nonsequitur. It has everything including resource config and is ready to just drop in the "game folder".

Glad jdw6 knows how STEAM is set up to help with that part!

7 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

NEVER!

hehehe :D yep.  ? ummmmm... I should probably make a current backup of that program folder stuff... I did before I tweaked the 

7 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Glad jdw6 knows how STEAM is set up to help with that part!

? Just had to quickly double-check that there wasn't a Resouce.cfg created by the steam installer.... shew and ... um... hmmm.  (translation: there is a file by that name, but not in the base folder, it's a few layers deeper in GameData and is nowhere near the right one for loading mods)

"knows how" might be a bit strong... but at least I have the same installer.

OK... I'm gonna have to go do something else for a while... I've lost or almost lost what I've typed 3 times on this site in the last hour. ?  I keep expecting things to open in new windows when they don't which if you do the wrong thing, either deletes your comment or replaces it with one from a few posts ago.... sigh.

@EvoGull  I think you indicated you only have the Pets EP.  If you didn't see this comment you might want to go read that link to the wiki to see what you're going to be missing (or have).  There's going to be quite a bit, but (as I tried to indicate to the other person) those missing parts might not be things you want.  It's just good to know what is/isn't going to be available to you... especially since the next big Steam sale date is roughly 104 days away.  (I got all the EPs for $5 USD each during their sales... which is the only reason I put up with Steam.)

Another thing you'll eventually need is the XCAS mod.  Be double sure you get the 1.67 STEAM version, not the regular 1.67 version and definitely not the 1.69 version!

(  Get the "full" version... it's the last one listed here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=434270  )  It's not listed as an absolute requirement, but lots of stuff in the whole "making TS3 NSFW" realm does seem to require it.  I mention it, because it's the only big thing that seems to be a sticky point regarding the Steam version of TS3.

3 hours ago, EvoGull said:

my packages folder

Is in the wrong place <sigh>

BUT - now we know why......  Here is my location, and because of it's location, EVERYONE has to have it there regardless of where they keep the body of the data. BTW, mine is on an external SSD (F:)

Sims3modsLocation.png.ca21b56bd01141c2fb2164acd70a62fc.png

Sims3modsLocation1.png.448fe07cbdd8a297888b71f2608716b5.png

This is another good reason to start at THE BEGINNING. Yay! Solved! ?

2 hours ago, NaughtyVampy said:

hiya idk if this mod is abandoned now but i noticed sometimes the story text or whatever will be in another language than english. how can i fix it?

OnikiKay is French. The mod is a work in progress. If it's a problem, one has a couple choices.  Use an older version (.375 works for me), become a Patreon and msg OnikiKay herself, or use google translate and replace the French parts with the language of your choice in the mods XML's (I don't get that deep, so while it might sound simple - I have no practical experience).

The mod isn't actually abandoned. It's on the back burner of the authors 'to-do' list while keeping the newer versions behind a paywall. No need for me to go into it again, as I have already done so a few times in one of the many previous pages.

ONIKI_KinkyWorld_0.37 (Build 375).7z

(If I had my way, it would be translated to Simlish)

On 3/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, Queen Quaqi said:

I've had the Animation Wohoo - and gaind moodlets after Wohoos - but after I'd installed KW, it won't work - what should I do?

Since no one has touched on this, I'll try.

More information is needed. If I said 'How do I get there in time', what would you say to me?

What is 'it'? Animated Woohoo? Moodlets? Kinky World?

What version did you download? Are your files in the correct location?

I'm not writing a novel here - you'll need to provide some relevant details, along with anything else only YOU can add to give an insight to the problem which ATM is 'it won't work'.

Don't worry, we don't bite, but we aren't going to hand hold step by step unless there are steps provided by you. Please give more info. Look at a few other posts for ways to communicate this to us. Thanks - will be waiting.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:40 PM, LadySmoks said:

With all the recent talk about the strap on, I thought I would try to do something with it. Wish me luck, as I really don't know what I'm doing! Oh, as with most things I try, I know exactly what I WANT to do.... just actually accomplishing it doesn't always work as planned.

As if I ever have a plan!!!!!

Just for you.....

Spoiler

2 hours ago, landess said:

Here is my location

Yes, yours looks exactly as mine. )

Well, I sort of have a plan... perhaps not a very good one! ) Trying to wrap up the strap on AND those BIGGER KW friendly dildos. Yes, I also made an af school girl shirt while doing the other, but it will get done eventually.

I'm actually embarrassed by something that was holding me up on the strap on... I was trying to change the colors in the xml and they never came out as they should have, going by the hash numbers. I wasn't thinking about Oniki being French, and I've lived in the US far too long. The hash tags are metric!!! My game and tools are in US units! I had to convert them. OY!

So, fully KW functioning dildos that will make your sims happy? They're BIGGER!  ?

Spoiler

3.jpg.a3e9d895490f9798ffb65feb860d052f.jpg