[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

Has anyone else had an issue with KW 0.61 build 399 and the computer interaction "Play Computer Game..." just dropping as soon as you try it?

I have narrowed it down to KW 0.61 build 399, I removed all other mods and with just KW it happens. The "Play Game" on the TV+gaming console interaction works fine, it is just with computers that the interaction drops as soon as you try it.

It does not happen with KW 0.37 build 375 (the last version I had downloaded).

How can I solve this problem?

Hi guys, another L666 / pool ladder animation question here. Am I missing something or did L666 really animate most of the pool ladder animations with the water ring effect sticking to the sims' necks while they are mostly out of water? Does anybody know how to get rid of the effect?
Many thanks!

Screenshot-92.jpg

On 3/2/2020 at 12:25 AM, LadySmoks said:

My CAS shows vampire teeth as an accessory that can be removed. Right now, my demon girls are "vampires" just to have the powers, but one day I may look to see if there's a way to have the powers, but not be a blood sucking vampire, or do both, since they ARE demons. I know it must be possible, since you can have a teen vampire that eats or drinks plasma AND can stay out in the sun.

Um, improvising here, have you considered making them alien/vampire hybrids with the "immortal" reward? They could feed of "dark energy from the Underworld", an eye mod could avoid the black eyes if you don't like 'em, and just disregard any other alien feature you don't care about - AI left by itself never uses them anyway.

7 hours ago, sjzhzjska said:

Has anyone else had an issue with KW 0.61 build 399 and the computer interaction "Play Computer Game..." just dropping as soon as you try it?

It does not happen with KW 0.37 build 375 (the last version I had downloaded).

How can I solve this problem?

I don't recall (been too long w/ that 399 ver) if I actually saw that myself or not, but I do know that I have read it is a "known issue" in 399.  Which means, you (kinda) already know the solution, and it's not a solution you (probably) want to hear:  Go back to 375 where it worked for you.

The other alternative is to go join her Patreon and message her there.  But, considering her time (since early January) has been on her other project, bug finding & fixing for KW isn't her priority.  (And I just realized that she deleted her fandom account, so no more updating of the wiki ?https://onikikay-kinkyworld.fandom.com/wiki/Oniki_Kay's_Kinky_World_Wikia) But I checked through the change log there and don't see anything specific on a fix for the 'play computer game' issue.  So it probably hasn't been fixed.

2 hours ago, crimhead said:

Um, improvising here, have you considered making them alien/vampire hybrids with the "immortal" reward? They could feed of "dark energy from the Underworld"

Of course, if I had whatever EP has that in it. )) For now, I set ages as -10000000 using MC, so the demon girls will basically live forever

Hello all,

A little bit ago I downloaded this mod into my game (all expansions/stuff packs) and have notice a bug of sorts with Kinky World and Story Progression from NRaas. To elaborate further, every since installing this mod, it seems that none of the Sims in the neighbourhood are autonomously (with SP) getting into romantic relationships or even flirting! Now I tested this throughout several existing saves and brand new neighbourhoods, and the same result has occurred. Sims just are not getting into relationships, AT ALL.

To compare, before installation of this mod, at least one or twice per day I would get a notification that some Sim was flirting with another Sim or getting into a relationship (I am a crazy person who plays with all notifications for SP on because I like to observe the whole neighbourhood growing and changing.) Now, no notifications of a romantic nature are popping up, not even about existing couples. I can confirm that Sims are still having children, and breaking up, but no new pairings are occurring. I have tried all I can think of with the settings of both Kinky World and Story Progression to no avail. Also, just to cover this base, I have confirmed that all notification levels have remain on "All," including Kinky World's.

I also want to add, I have very limited CC, it really just spans to NRaas mods (no ErrorTrap by the way,) TheSweetToddler's mods on MTS, baby stuff from ATS3 and Kinky's World's requirements. I am not sure where I have went wrong, or if perhaps I have installed the mod incorrectly, but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and if they potentially know the fix? These notifications were a huge part of my gameplay and the game feels honestly a little empty without it. I really enjoy the depth Kinky World adds and I really do not want to have to remove it. 

Any tips or remedies would be hugely appreciated and sorry for the text block! Thank you in advanced.

~ SaharaVx

On 3/1/2020 at 6:25 PM, LadySmoks said:

but not be a blood sucking vampire

Add the vegetarian trait

teen vampire

Because teens need to age normally, the 'real' vampire effects/scripts don't get applied till Young Adult. I guess it's all or nothing.

22 hours ago, par.and said:

Does anybody know how to get rid of the effect?

Sometimes I get it, and other times it's missing. Not sure if it's whether I'm already swimming, when I queue it, or what. Pretty sure it's mostly EA's fault as it's attached to the swimming animation, but yeah, it sticks at odd times and needs a tech person to look at the script while in effect . 

5 hours ago, SaharaVx said:

Any tips or remedies

I use both with no issues - but - I have SP basically neutered. Speed is snails pace (to work with my relativity settings), All stories are off, so I use SP for a 'better' version of the EA concept. While turning off immigration recently, I noticed a setting - 'allow solo move' was false while 'move as a family' was true.

One can appreciate how much goes into these game when using something like MC and seeing ALLLLLLLLLL the settings available and likely not every thing in the game. I don't have any of the other 'family' based mods you've mentioned, so there's no way for me to confirm or deny those might not be playing nice. But KNOW that having KW, MC, and SP loaded won't stop autonomous relationships/marriage/etc.

So many settings, so few brain cells.

Spoiler

Screenshot-603.jpg.aef5892b2f0225357e8990b02e4bcf54.jpg

1 hour ago, landess said:

Add the vegetarian trait

Vegetarians "suck" in a different way! My apologies to any tree hugging veggie-heads reading this. ?

Because teens need to age normally, the 'real' vampire effects/scripts don't get applied till Young Adult. I guess it's all or nothing.

But, there IS a script variation to allow them to eat regular food or take sunlight... I just wish I knew how to exploit that script. I know there are mods for "Daywalker Vampires" but they are still vampires and drink plasma. Not that important though.

7 hours ago, SaharaVx said:

A little bit ago I downloaded this mod into my game (all expansions/stuff packs) and have notice a bug of sorts with Kinky World and Story Progression from NRaas. To elaborate further, every since installing this mod, it seems that none of the Sims in the neighbourhood are autonomously (with SP) getting into romantic relationships or even flirting!

I suggest playing with some of the settings for autonomy in the KW menu. There's also settings in there for allowing non-KW pregancies, etc.

Often I give more specific locations, but time to let people look around for themselves. That way, you see this option and that option as you search for the one you want, and don't need to ask where this and that are, two days from now.

It's like being able to teleport in real life. Teleport to The Washington Monument in Washington DC, see it, and teleport home. Well, you missed the Reflecting Pool behind you by being in such a hurry for instant gratification, White House, Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials!!!!!!

Now I'm not saying SaharVx is like this, just seemed like a good time to say all that poop.

Pure evil shouldn't look like this...

Spoiler

Screenshot-348.jpg.3e74840ac24758d3be77072c3c32bf38.jpg

I think this is where I got the hair

Just wanted to add, Thank you for the hair info, but like so many CC Creators whom don't know, or care, their choice of download 'locations' are cancer. I couldn't get past the adfly crap and associated pages that try so hard to get one to click shit that are likely bad news. It probably wasn't 'this' way when they uploaded, and may not even know things have changed due to partial abandonment. I could try on my 'IRON BITCH' computer, but most sites today don't like talking to it because it rarely listens, and never 'talks back'. It's like surfing the web with a spiked iron condom. :) 

38 minutes ago, landess said:

Just wanted to add, Thank you for the hair info, but like so many CC Creators whom don't know, or care, their choice of download 'locations' are cancer.

I don't know? Maybe they get a small bit of money from AdFly for using them to post uploads?

Hello again all, 

First off, I wanted to say thank you for everyone's suggestions! I tried that of what was suggested, as well as some new tricks to see if I could remedy this situation, but sadly, to no avail.

The first thing I tried, was to remove Kinky World and its requirements from my Packages folder, run the game and see if the Flirt and Romance Manager from SP would take effect. I can happily say, yes, it did and almost immediately! I tried this two separate times with the only CC removal being Kinky World. 

That said, I then decided to completely re-install Kinky World just in case I was a dummy and installed something wrong. I followed the guide on the Wiki, made sure to use only 7zip for everything and delete the 5 packages ending in "Cache." I let one of my saves run for a couple of Sim days, but nothing appeared in terms of inactive Sims flirting or getting into relationships. I can confirm however, that Sims were conceiving and giving birth! As well, Sims were still hanging out with friends, moving house, adopting pets and paying child support. I also wanted to add, I do have non-KW pregnancies enabled. 

Secondly, I also noticed something potentially key, and was wondering if this is normal behaviour with Kinky World installed: the little pop-up, when you first start the game and are brought to the neighbourhood selection screen, the "Mod Scripts Found" one, does not appear when Kinky World is in the game. When I remove Kinky World and its requirements, that pop-up re-appears. Is this normal? 

I hope this helps shed some light on my situation and I appreciate everyone's assistance! Thank you again!

~ SaharaVx 

4 hours ago, landess said:

I couldn't get past the adfly crap

Kinda one reason I stuck with the choice when I switched browsers... it shows this type of thing for anything off that... um... flaming pile of monkey dung that needs to be shoved so far up whoever uses it's ass that they have to taste the retched shit they are pushing on the rest of the world.  And that's me being "gentle".

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.d6d3ae221a3a867e429cbbe586a96849.PNG

3 hours ago, SaharaVx said:

That said, I then decided to completely re-install Kinky World just in case I was a dummy and installed something wrong.

Secondly, I also noticed something potentially key, and was wondering if this is normal behaviour with Kinky World installed: the little pop-up, when you first start the game and are brought to the neighbourhood selection screen, the "Mod Scripts Found" one, does not appear when Kinky World is in the game. When I remove Kinky World and its requirements, that pop-up re-appears. Is this normal? 

I hope this helps shed some light on my situation and I appreciate everyone's assistance! Thank you again!

~ SaharaVx 

I don't seem to see where you specified which version of KW you have installed in either of your posts.  There's always the possibility that something in one version or another broke or fixed something that was conflicting with other mods.  KW has, historically, had many versions with issues* with NRaas mods.  Even though I'm not recalling any specific issue with SP (and I've read the changelog many times & tried almost every version from build 375 to 405) there could still be issues.  Since KW is so heavily dependent upon particular sims' traits, it's possible (but not that likely) that you hit an issue none of us have seen.

But, back to my initial point:  which version are you using?  There have been numerous others who grabbed 0.3 from the 1st post and it has major issues.

* Build 351 was supposed to fix conflict with NRaas GoHere, and was supposed to have removed the custom GoHome interaction, but even though I have curfews turned off for my household, and a few other things in SP set to disable such pushes, my sims kept getting pushed to go home when I wanted them to have an evening out at a bar (or, more KW-specific: brothel).  Got so bad, I finally removed NRaas GoHere to try to combat the conflicts -- something was adding a 2nd "GoHome" as "GoHomeEX", which is in the source for the NRaas mod... what added the other, dunno, but I'm pretty sure it's KW.

All that to say:  sometimes things were claimed to be fixed, but either weren't or were broken in newer versions.

14 hours ago, landess said:

Sometimes I get it, and other times it's missing. Not sure if it's whether I'm already swimming, when I queue it, or what. Pretty sure it's mostly EA's fault as it's attached to the swimming animation, but yeah, it sticks at odd times and needs a tech person to look at the script while in effect . 

Many thanks for the reply! I wonder what the trick is to not getting the effect, though. The only way I get the animations to work at all is with both sims out of the pool - when either one is in the pool when initiating the interaction, it will simply disappear from the queue.

5 hours ago, par.and said:

I wonder what the trick is to not getting the effect

I'm going to go swimming and see what I can see. I may very well be mistaken and it did happen each time. The effect is obviously not created by the animators, but instead is attached by the location, as when you look at the pool sex scene from 'under water', it doesn't exist iirc.

Edit: Alright - I was wrong. While I was able to initiate KW woohoo while swimming, with a Sim not swimming, Those ripples did appear, both above AND below 'sea-level'. Considering everything involved, between EA's vision, and KW execution, I'll just have to live with it. Only option I can see would be to remove the effect entirely from the game through a mod which doesn't exist to my knowledge.

Spoiler

Screenshot-618.jpg.8ba1da6f90b971572eed94da206921e2.jpgScreenshot-621.jpg.453607e7dd412b78d80010e35365f813.jpg

10 hours ago, SaharaVx said:

the "Mod Scripts Found" one, does not appear when Kinky World is in the game.

KW is a core mod, which basically means it stomps on the base EA core to achieve it's goals. When I say KW/SP together doesn't stop autonomous joining of Sims in a romantic or household application, I get the feeling you're talking more about the minigame of notifications. I have them disabled as I find them a distraction to my game play style. I also use KW ver .375   I do occasionally get 'wishes' to 'congratulate the wedding couple' though, as well as seeing Sims have moved while checking housholds in edit town mode.

ONIKI_KinkyWorld_0.37 (Build 375).7z

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

flaming pile of monkey dung 

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.PNG.d6d3ae221a3a867e429cbbe586a96849.PNG

Actions speak louder than words.

Spoiler

Screenshot-595.jpg.34592d298664e80a6a411d5ba15e75b5.jpg

I wanted to add for those with problems with romantic kissing: Sims gain a romantic interest ❤️ when using a kiss interaction.

I use NRaas Woohooer for several options, none of them actually being woohoo - yet the option to 'NRaas/Woohooer/Romance/Remove romance on kiss' doesn't work on teens. While I used to 'roleplay' this as teens 'get too serious too fast' it can cause issues for a promiscuous Sim whom didn't take the time to 'ask to just be friends' where their reputation is concerned.

I recently installed http://modthesims.info/d/498162/no-romantic-interest-on-kiss-1-67-compatible.html and it works just fine - tested on an Adult/Teen kiss. Still friends!

I thought I'd bring it up as there was past discussion on this subject since realistically, many kiss, and even have affairs/one night stands IRL and there aren't autonomous wedding bells going off. Hope this helps others enjoying a KW experience in a more bohemian play style.

I wanted to add for those with problems with romantic kissing

In my game, the "remove romance on kiss" seems to work, but it's any type of woohoo that causes goo-goo eyes for teens... and that includes KW interactions. I'm going to try these mods in your link however... it can't hurt.

40 minutes ago, landess said:

I realized I have a shit load of tuning mods from MTS installed in the last 2 years

I know what you mean. I have a lot of MTS core/ script mods... in a merged package! I have the originals, so I can remake the combo pack if something gets broken or something shiny comes out.

6 hours ago, landess said:

yet the option to 'NRaas/Woohooer/Romance/Remove romance on kiss' doesn't work on teens.

That's been one of the things that's been "annoying" me for a while. And I really really thought it was something KW "broke" (my bad memory sometimes incorrectly blames things) as I didn't remember that situation before starting with KW... so, THANKS for that mod suggestion. :) 

For more info, I thought I'd add this tidbit (since I found it again after double-checking that what I used pre-KW wasn't doing it):

On 2/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, TwilightStorm said:

Teen romantic interactions are by EA rule happen at the 50% of a teen life span. Nraas woohooer has a setting named unlock EA rule for teens.

If it's enabled, romantic interactions on teens will be at teen day 1.

This would mean, if you have older teens, it could be that EA is treating them closer to young adults after they've aged > 50%.  (for those w/o the NRaas mod)

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

This would mean, if you have older teens, it could be that EA is treating them closer to young adults after they've aged > 50%.  (for those w/o the NRaas mod)

Not really, since I find Nraas Woohooer DOES remove the "love at first kiss" for YA/A sims, but not teens for some reason, and I'd bet its becauseof the extra EA script regarding teen romance.

More realistic would be for a teen to fall in love on first kiss, and break up autonomously in 2 or 3 days! Or some ratio tuneable of teens that "fall in love"... 5%... 10%... whatever.

Well, always a work in progress, as I'm never quite satisfied with my Lucifera Morningstar and her Four Horse(wo)men, but I've had time to mess with things lately and upgraded their battle armor, and made the double slit sarong into a separate bottom. Death and War make nice book ends for His favorite fallen angel!

Spoiler

Screenshot-369.png.ddfba464093cbc00cab500d9e19ab68c.png

The sarong is of course open as you can see, and of course, NO PANTIES! They ARE bad girls after all!!! If you check the tattoo on Death's right thigh... I changed Los Angeles to "Lost Angels"! ))) There's a tattoo on Famine (notin this pic) that use to say "Feed Your Head" that I changed to "Eat Your Dead"!!! ))) I love the height slider. War is impressive at almost 200 cm plus the height altering hooves! ))) And hey, those ARE kind of "Kinky" outfits...

19 hours ago, landess said:

I'm going to go swimming and see what I can see. I may very well be mistaken and it did happen each time. The effect is obviously not created by the animators, but instead is attached by the location, as when you look at the pool sex scene from 'under water', it doesn't exist iirc.

Edit: Alright - I was wrong. While I was able to initiate KW woohoo while swimming, with a Sim not swimming, Those ripples did appear, both above AND below 'sea-level'. Considering everything involved, between EA's vision, and KW execution, I'll just have to live with it. Only option I can see would be to remove the effect entirely from the game through a mod which doesn't exist to my knowledge.

Many thanks again for looking into this! It's a shame the issue seems not to have come up before. I might look into how one might mod the effect out if I find the time.

I am sorry to ask this here, I am looking everywhere and can't find the answer. Probably don't know how to word my question in search systems.
 With the latest version my Sims cannot play video games on computers. Action drops the second I choose it. That's pretty sad, because this is the best way to make my Sim not stressed out after work. 
Any links to where the answer might be or any straightforward answers? 
Again, sorry if I am asking in the wrong place. 
Despite this I love this mod.

6 hours ago, par.and said:

Many thanks again for looking into this! It's a shame the issue seems not to have come up before. I might look into how one might mod the effect out if I find the time.

Or, actually, a much less laborious solution is to just bypass KW when using these animations and to simply play them through the animation player. Thus, it's possible to initiate the animation(s) outside the pool, which eliminates the water effect.

4 hours ago, exlibrisas said:

With the latest version my Sims cannot play video games on computers

Correct.

Play games on the TV with a game box, or one of MANY fun options. Play in a sprinkler, or other things... too many to list. Playing the game on the default speed setting is the real 'challenge' to the Sims after all with aging on...