[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

11 hours ago, 814661 said:

Plus, every single Reward Tier above $1 literally states again "Access to WEEKLY private builds."

Its pretty simple, its been 1 Year and 2 Weeks since the last public version which was Build 375, since then it's been 50 weeks so according to her the Mod should be at Build 425. Where is it actually? at 397, aka 22 Builds. She is not even HALF as fast as she should be lmao, not to mention that it keeps getting slower because at the start of last year the speed was relatively fine iirc and now its like 3 weeks per build on average and then theres a good chance that the build only contains hotfixes that dont fix anything half of the time or break even more stuff. Im not pedantic, i'd totally understand if she was too late here and there or if she had to take a month off due to whatever reason, but being not even half as fast as you promise to the people who pay you (and getting even slower) is a farce lmao. 

yeah donating any amount of money I can still see what she's released to higher paying patreons the download will be locked to me, but I can still see it, and when I downloaded the latest version from her page that was the only one she had released to anyone, she hasn't updated in a while and everything else being talked about on her page is all about kinky tales. I wasn't aware of all the issues going on with her content and quality but finding this all out now, I feel sorry for people who pay more money to her monthly for basically nothing. This was the nightmare of paid mods people have been arguing about. Random entitled people who want to be paid for their work but still treat that work as some lay about hobby. If you're going to brand yourself and want to be paid for your content then you're expected to now run a "business" and continue that content or at the very least see it all the way through.

10 hours ago, Mookymilk said:

i gave oniki a dollar on her patreon and downloaded the newest version. Since everyone is debating the legality issues I won't really bother otherwise I would've just shared the patreon version lmao

They're available on another site, which is where I got them.  I can't get them to work, and there are plenty of other people there reporting the same difficulties.

4 hours ago, Peachy♥ MoonwalkerSims said:

I downloaded this Mod and it wouldn't work. It fucked my game. deleted saves. packs I have & deleted CC. Even tho it was the new one,it still fucked my game

Build 375?

It's what I'm using, never had an issue with early ones up to and including 375. I use All disks / Ep's (no stuff packs). Someone else will have to comment if using Origin. I've even successfully used the Monte Vista world I downloaded with routing fixes (not default) and a ton of CC to try for a Roman themed play through.

I'm sorry you had problems, but something had to go wrong on your end, though no clue what....   If your Sims3 was pirated, then shit happens. Perhaps you could share more information than what was posted.

If you're curious, I have enough CC to choke a whale - my docs folder for the SIMs3 is over 50gb.

8 hours ago, Paulaj said:

Is there a way to designate top/bottom/versatile roles for homosexual sims in casual relationships? 

You could experiment to see if the 'initiator' always takes a specific role, but the game/mod has no way of knowing otherwise. At least you have the option to 'switch positions'.

I went to edit the stbl files so that I could rename the interactions to something less conspicuous  (My brothers play when im not around smh.)  and for the most part it worked. The only problem is the kinkyworld interaction (kinkyworld<settings,this one.). I cant find it in the stbl files. I was able to replace "shave pubic hair" with "bikini wax" and  "kinky kiss" with "flirty kiss" and etc but I just cant seem to change this one. It doesnt come up in the stbl file except for the disable/enable interaction. 

On 2/2/2019 at 5:35 PM, AnnaMarie101 said:

I went to edit the stbl files so that I could rename the interactions to something less conspicuous  (My brothers play when im not around smh.)  and for the most part it worked. The only problem is the kinkyworld interaction (kinkyworld<settings,this one.). I cant find it in the stbl files. I was able to replace "shave pubic hair" with "bikini wax" and  "kinky kiss" with "flirty kiss" and etc but I just cant seem to change this one. It doesnt come up in the stbl file except for the disable/enable interaction. 

Or, just put the *highly* inappropriate content inside another folder, and ensure that your brother plays on a different save file from you. When you are going to play, drag the folder back into mods/packages/mysteriousfolder; and when you're done, put it somewhere else again.

Even if you renamed all the interactions, and your brother *actually* plays the game, I would be stupefied if he *didn't* see some sex with the mod installed.

Wow, I can't believe the debate is still going on. I posted it in length a couple of years ago, upsetted a lot of people. lol 

But truth is, if we're speaking legality, patreon is a slippery slope on legality. Technically all modifications made to TS3 falls under the EULA as property of EA. No modder has ownership to their mods, hence why you are not allowed to monetarize your mods.

That being said, Patreon is based on "voluntary support" of a creator and not a monetary contract. Hence why it is illegal for any modder to "sell" or contract their work for money such as "patreon" private releases. Of course, I said slippery slope because technically "early releases" made it ok, as long as they will be forseenably released to the public in due time. However, 1 year... is way too long for a public release.

This deals with the legality of Patreon itself. How about the contract between patrons and the artist? That is purely between them and NOT between the patrons and the "product." Else it will become a monetary contract between customer and product, and hence illegal. So this will back Oniki's position, she is not obligated legally to produce a product b/c patrons are NOT paying for the product, but supporting her on her work. This means, if patrons are upset, simply stop donating money. But you cannot demand money back from a legal standpoint nor can you accuse her of not giving you what "you paid for" because you are not paying for the product, you are supporting the "artist."

People get upset at the truth b/c most people don't understand the difference between morality and legality. I use to be a director at my company dealing with contract and copyright laws. I'm just telling you as it is. So I'm not interested in a legality debate with people not even in the field.

Bottom line what I'm trying to say is. This whole thing is already shady as it is. But patrons need to know the legal standpoint of this situation. You are NOT paying for a product, that puts you in a customer/product legal binding which is illegal. You are "supporting" an artist on her work, even if your motive to support is for a specific work, such as KW. You may opt out at any time and not obligated to continue your support for any reason. But it should be clear it is because of your dissatisfaction with the artist, or even with the progress of her work, but cannot be termed as "not getting what I paid for" because you are paying for NOTHING, no product of monetary value is legally being exchanged! Everything you are paying for is directed at the artist. 

So Oniki is technically and legally not doing anything wrong, less you consider this whole patreon thing illegal. She is continuing being an artist and patrons supporting her as an artist for her works. She is not legally binding required to produce a product even if she promises weekly updates. Those are not legally binding. If you are dissatisfied b/c she is not releasing them fast enough or focusing enough on a specific product of your desire, you are free to stop supporting her.

----

My personal position on this is that any patreon private releases are morally wrong (and a legal slippery slope) and it abuses the system. In fact, it is because they have this is why a lot of patreons felt they are paying for a product and then upset at the progress of their payment. These are faults on both side, the artists and the patreon. All mods worked on should be released freely and publicly at the same time for everyone. KW is not a product, it has no monetary value. At least it shouldn't. 

As far as I know, the question isn't of legality but whether she is violating Patreon's terms of use. Their policy, as far as I am aware, is that artists (or whomever) need to publicly release content with some regularity in order to continue using the site.

17 hours ago, shar181 said:

As far as I know, the question isn't of legality but whether she is violating Patreon's terms of use. Their policy, as far as I am aware, is that artists (or whomever) need to publicly release content with some regularity in order to continue using the site.

You are correct. I didn't actually bother to read up Patreon (business)'s actual contract obligation. I only glimpsed it, seeing it is some sort of like paypal-like donation thing. So while she may not be in the wrong with EA, but she may actually be violating Patreon's user contract.

3 hours ago, MrGrey said:

You can say it is not the intent of the Patron contract that you "buy" the goods, but if the patron customer is selling goods, it is what it is. 

Hence why it is a slippery slope. I think if EA really wanted to, they can go into Patreon and closed down all these modders' accounts.

32 minutes ago, nitromon said:

I think if EA really wanted to, they can go into Patreon and closed down all these modders' accounts.

Because an account isn't particular to any one thing, the best they could do is submit a cease and desist order for distributing any mods using their trademarked/copyright software, and choose to pursue legal action for damages for illegal use of said software.

The patreon account on the other hand might be closed by Patreon itself, just as an ISP can turn off your ability to use their service if a copyright holder complains about you distributing/downloading their property - like using a Torrent for example.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16175450/#Comment_16175450

Patreon - We understand that folks who make CC / Mods for others to enjoy are doing it in their free time and may desire to offset costs to create the content by using this service. As long as the content is still made available FOR FREE we do not mind these types of pages. Folks who have a Patreon page are welcome to provide folks with "early access" incentives for their content but it should be made available to the general public within 2-3 weeks of it being given to folks early.

That's all there is to it, really.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. No one can force Oniki to release a non-paywalled version.

Here are the available options:

1) Report it to Ashal and have it removed from LL for violating ToS (no paid mods).

2) Report it to Patreon and have it shut down for violating ToS (no squicky sex stuff).

3) Report it to EA and have it shut down for violating ToS (no paid mods, also holy shit what have you guys done to our game).

4) Pay for it.

5) Find it "for free" elsewhere.

Options 1-3 just result in everybody losing, Oniki and users alike. Options 4 and 5 are really the only enduser-friendly choices.

There's no reason to bitch endlessly about it (though I've been guilty of it as well).

6 hours ago, iron_jack said:

holy shit what have you guys done to our game

This makes me laugh! Well said.

No doubt someone in EA's ranks is aware of this, just like Bethesda would be.

My guess is they'd rather not bring 'free advertising' to mods as well as keep that 'dirty little secret' out of the public's eye as much as possible (for those not in-the-know).

2 hours ago, landess said:

This makes me laugh! Well said.

No doubt someone in EA's ranks is aware of this, just like Bethesda would be.

My guess is they'd rather not bring 'free advertising' to mods as well as keep that 'dirty little secret' out of the public's eye as much as possible (for those not in-the-know).

EA is absolutely aware of KinkyWorld. They've got to be, since they know about WhickedWhims for Sims 4 and even have a little easter egg that refers to it. (The Whicker Whims basket object. x3)

On 2/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, nitromon said:

Technically all modifications made to TS3 falls under the EULA as property of EA. No modder has ownership to their mods, hence why you are not allowed to monetarize your mods.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:40 PM, iron_jack said:

Report it to EA and have it shut down for violating ToS (no paid mods, also holy shit what have you guys done to our game)

21 hours ago, landess said:

As for the EULA and TOS. EA doesn't give a damn they never did anything about TSR (when they still did charge at one time), Peggy and Newsea who are/were far bigger than Oniki. And they know all about it they just don't care. When TSR, Peggy and Newsea were being reported to EA by thousands, all they did was sit on their hands and look the other way.

Actually more like free advertisement for EA. Mods make them money by people going out to buy the game to get the most out of them.

Sure you can try a pirated copy but those for all intents and purposes can't really make a full use of the mods because of what was done to them to remove the DRM some aren't even able to be modded.

2 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

You guys are not missing out on anything. The newer versions are more buggy, unstable, broken, and terrible than the last. Performance gets worse too for the poor game.

I get the distinct feeling this is what happens when you deviate from your 'vision' to attempt to include ridiculous requests from people whom choose to support you, especially those whom pay MORE, to have some 'say' in your project.

"Hey OnikiKay, Could you make it so I can slow dance with a dog after we have sex?"  ...you start to see my point.

2 hours ago, landess said:

I get the distinct feeling this is what happens when you deviate from your 'vision' to attempt to include ridiculous requests from people whom choose to support you, especially those whom pay MORE, to have some 'say' in your project.

"Hey OnikiKay, Could you make it so I can slow dance with a dog after we have sex?"  ...you start to see my point.

I think so too. I was finding broken LTW, broken dreams, stuck sims, broken cues (especially when books are involved). And it was going off into things that were not my play - I never could get whore houses to work, the school seemed boring, I didn't see the point in the pot. But I gave up on KW when I found out that it corrupted the worlds I had made.  What I did was use CAW with KW installed and put sims with KW traits. Bad move! I should make empty words without KW and then make populations with KW that I can add with NRAAS Porter later - either at game start or in a separate version of the world with KW.

I like passion better. KW did some great things but it wasn't worth the bugs and it was going off on features I just didn't want.

6 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

You guys are not missing out on anything. The newer versions are more buggy, unstable, broken, and terrible than the last. Performance gets worse too for the poor game.

So, this is purely hypothetical, since I do not have any ability to mod whatsoever, but what would LL's policy be if someone took a public release of KW and started releasing fixes for bugs or added new features? Since EA's policy is that no one owns it but them, isn't acceding to a modder's request of "don't use my work in yours" kind of an honor among thieves situation?

Question for you folks. So, I've recently got a Futa to the teenage years of her life, and I've noticed that the lower half of her body is just .. well not there, like the shoes are there and the area just arround the bellybutton up is there. Legs and nether regions are mission. Does that give fixed as they transition into young adult? Or perhaps something to do with the Penis sliders? Another question would be do they function similar to the male's penises where they can become erect and/or edited in CAS?

On 2/9/2019 at 12:24 PM, FreakyRufus said:

So, this is purely hypothetical, since I do not have any ability to mod whatsoever, but what would LL's policy be if someone took a public release of KW and started releasing fixes for bugs or added new features? Since EA's policy is that no one owns it but them, isn't acceding to a modder's request of "don't use my work in yours" kind of an honor among thieves situation?

You would need permission from Oniki, unless Oniki gives open permission in the OP to allow it as you would need the source code to be able to make new code for it in Xamarin or Visual Studio. You could also hack away at the dll using .NET Reflector or similar program but that's not the best way to go as you won't get any warnings that Xamarin or VS would give you if you malform the code.

The scripting language the Sims 3 uses is C# which is owned by Microsoft and is Open Source with the exception of VS. Pure script modders like Twallan can brush off EA's claim as their mods don't actually use any game assets owned by EA and Tuning modders can brush off EA as well.

What EA does own is the meshes and textures when you start making dildos, shirts and stuff like that there is no way to get around not using game assets owned by EA as you need the meshes and textures as a base.