[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

News flash... Version 397

Little new content that actually is all broken (yes, we cant test the new contend because it doesnt work) and alot of bug fixes that dont fix anything and brokes even the previous versions that were working fine.

Probably in 1 or 2 years will come a new version to LoversLab....(if it actually survives that long)

4 hours ago, maledic said:

Probably in 1 or 2 years will come a new version to LoversLab

Because I'm no copyright/trademark lawyer, I can't give specifics like time frames for release, but since OnikiKay is using Patreon as a profit making device to 'preview' newer builds before going public, I would assume the last version at least would have to be made public at sometime to avoid possible legal action.

If it weren't for this Legal area, I'm not sure we would've gotten any updates once the Patreon site was established. BTW, I use a much older version of KW, and once I saw that implementation of things like the Groping minigame, I knew I was done updating. I try to keep non-simlish from the game, but that's just me.

7 hours ago, maledic said:

Little new content that actually is all broken (yes, we cant test the new contend because it doesnt work) and alot of bug fixes that dont fix anything and brokes even the previous versions that were working fine.

Probably in 1 or 2 years will come a new version to LoversLab....(if it actually survives that long)

It will never come to LoversLab i'm afraid, however the newest version is available somewhere else. Read the posts from a couple of pages back, you will find out how to get the newest version from that website. Best version to use is 395 from what the other people there are saying. I think that website shares the same interest as a subreddit that was created from paid mods but only for adult mods.

8 hours ago, maledic said:

It'll never survive that long considering the commitment to the mod in 2018 (not only was pretty much every single build too late, she apparently doesnt even bother testing her builds at all anymore seeing as the new ones are consistently broken and even break things that worked before lol) 

but then again, im shocked that she still has 750 patrons in the first place lmao. New Public Version will never come unless a huge amount of her patrons leave. 

51 minutes ago, 814661 said:

It'll never survive that long considering the commitment to the mod in 2018 (not only was pretty much every single build too late, she apparently doesnt even bother testing her builds at all anymore seeing as the new ones are consistently broken and even break things that worked before lol) 

but then again, im shocked that she still has 750 patrons in the first place lmao. New Public Version will never come unless a huge amount of her patrons leave. 

My guess would be that she is more interested in finishing her new game than modding sims 3 these days. A shame for anyone who is paying her for new builds......the joys of paid modding.....

5 hours ago, KillaBeast2 said:

It will never come to LoversLab i'm afraid, however the newest version is available somewhere else. Read the posts from a couple of pages back, you will find out how to get the newest version from that website. Best version to use is 395 from what the other people there are saying. I think that website shares the same interest as a subreddit that was created from paid mods but only for adult mods.

I know where to get the newest version and i have been doing that for along time.

I posted here to let people know what is happening.

And the best version is not 395, is either 390 or 394.

And @DickTracy, her new game is crap. There are alot better games that Kinky Tales on patreon. And i wouldn´t even consider that game in a alpha stage, not to mention that i am pretty such i have seen the same mecanics in another game, which i don´t recall that game´s name.

It amazes me how she still have patreons. Should be 1 update a week but instead is 1 or 2 updates a month. And every single build is broken.

Her commitment is ZERO.

@landess, to go public, doesn´t need LoversLab. I am been having the newest versions and i am no patreon. And if i was a patreon, i would have left Oniki by now, because of what is happening.

51 minutes ago, maledic said:

@landess, to go public, doesn´t need LoversLab. I am been having the newest versions and i am no patreon. And if i was a patreon, i would have left Oniki by now, because of what is happening.

I understand completely. I mentioned public as a fact - not exclusive to LL, even though it could be uploaded somewhere no one could find it, as long as the public has access. Since it seemed to get it's start here on a higher profile website, most people wouldn't bother looking anywhere else until recent events have exposed certain truths.

34 minutes ago, landess said:

I understand completely. I mentioned public as a fact - not exclusive to LL, even though it could be uploaded somewhere no one could find it, as long as the public has access. Since it seemed to get it's start here on a higher profile website, most people wouldn't bother looking anywhere else until recent events have exposed certain truths.

The truth seems pretty simple.

It seems she is done with this mod, and she doesn´t even do the minimun to still get paid. It is on her patreon page 1 update a week, and she doesn´t even do that.

New builds say "fixes", but it doesn´t fix anything, which means she doesn´t even bother to test it.

I really don´t understand how she still have patreons considering everything.

42 minutes ago, landess said:

Do any of you guys have a working link or file you could upload to actually get KW? I had to factory reset because of a virus my sister got lmfao.

2 hours ago, alvvrra said:

Do any of you guys have a working link or file you could upload to actually get KW? I had to factory reset because of a virus my sister got lmfao.

Wouldn't there be repercussions if someone were to upload the latest versions from the other site to here? I certainly wouldn't be against it if someone did it seeing how this turned into a paid mod.

21 minutes ago, KillaBeast2 said:

Wouldn't there be repercussions if someone were to upload the latest versions from the other site to here? I certainly wouldn't be against it seeing how this turned into a paid mod.

If she finds out she'll ask/demand you or the site youre hosting it on to take it down, thats the worst that'll happen. Shes not gonna make the effort to sue you or anything lmao. Besides, the mod is already hosted on a site since months with all patreon versions, you just have to dig in the internet for a while, i encourage everyone who wants the newest version to go look for it because at this point shes almost scamming her patrons (her patreon literally says weekly builds when in reality the last time there were consistent weekly builds was like 1 year ago) not to mention the builds barely have content and sometimes break more stuff than they add (or the 'new' features dont work, like in the newest build lol)

5 minutes ago, 814661 said:

If she finds out she'll ask/demand you or the site youre hosting it on to take it down, thats the worst that'll happen. Shes not gonna make the effort to sue you or anything lmao. Besides, the mod is already hosted on a site since months with all patreon versions, you just have to dig in the internet for a while, i encourage everyone who wants the newest version to go look for it because at this point shes almost scamming her patrons (her patreon literally says weekly builds when in reality the last time there were consistent weekly builds was like 1 year ago) not to mention the builds barely have content and sometimes break more stuff than they add (or the 'new' features dont work, like in the newest build lol)

Yeah I was on that site and apparently in one of the threads that discusses Patreon locked mods, one of the sex animation creators from Skyrim noticed it and made a threat that he would discontinue his animations if he saw his Patreon locked mods being posted there. All of the members just laughed and one was asking to share his stuff immediately lmao.

6 hours ago, alvvrra said:

Because of your wording I just checked - and was able to download all 4 options on the first page.... IF you meant something more recent you'll need to check the last few pages for any posts referencing outside links.

Be aware there is discussion concerning the quality of these later versions.

18 hours ago, landess said:

Because I'm no copyright/trademark lawyer, I can't give specifics like time frames for release, but since OnikiKay is using Patreon as a profit making device to 'preview' newer builds before going public, I would assume the last version at least would have to be made public at sometime to avoid possible legal action.

If it weren't for this Legal area, I'm not sure we would've gotten any updates once the Patreon site was established. BTW, I use a much older version of KW, and once I saw that implementation of things like the Groping minigame, I knew I was done updating. I try to keep non-simlish from the game, but that's just me.

How is there a binding requirement to upload anything to  Lover's Lab? There's no quid pro quo here, so she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. Now, there is a contract between her Patron customers, but she clearly pointed out to them that the way the contract is worded, she doesn't need to produce the Sims 3 mod, she can mess around with her Kinky Tales and that other project that is never going to see the light of day because a single person can't develop it before the technology becomes obsolete. 

3 hours ago, landess said:

Because of your wording I just checked - and was able to download all 4 options on the first page.... IF you meant something more recent you'll need to check the last few pages for any posts referencing outside links.

Be aware there is discussion concerning the quality of these later versions.

I have tried numerous versions from 392 on and have had no luck.  Sims will woohoo once and will steadfastly refuse after that.  There are a few new features, but not enough to justify the frustration of trying out one after the other.  I'm back to 375.

7 hours ago, 814661 said:

I don't see a claim of copyright on KW. 

I'm not sure if that matters. I wouldn't redistribute it at all, especially the paid for patron versions I got from her website. That's just wrong and unethical. If someone decides to distribute it, they should get legal advice or her permission, imho.

She updated from a build to every 5 days, to 11 days, to no stated time. Looks like once a month with a "hot fix" thrown in.

4 hours ago, MrGrey said:

How is there a binding requirement to upload anything to  Lover's Lab? There's no quid pro quo here, so she doesn't have to if she doesn't want to. Now, there is a contract between her Patron customers, but she clearly pointed out to them that the way the contract is worded, she doesn't need to produce the Sims 3 mod, she can mess around with her Kinky Tales and that other project that is never going to see the light of day because a single person can't develop it before the technology becomes obsolete. 

I think you should read her patreon page, but....

1- Achieving this objective will allow me to focus only on the current project and nothing else. This means faster iteration and more new content each month.

2- Kinky Tales.... This is my SECOND active project.....

3- You´ll have access the activity feed, WEEKLY BUILDS (bugfix realease) and bi-monthly builds (new content release).......

So, clearly what you said is false. She have patreons because of KW, so clearly she does need to work on it.

One patroen already told me that they are getting very upset with her. Either she works on it as she is supposed to, or, maybe patreons will abandon ship.

1 hour ago, maledic said:

I think you should read her patreon page, but....

1- Achieving this objective will allow me to focus only on the current project and nothing else. This means faster iteration and more new content each month.

2- Kinky Tales.... This is my SECOND active project.....

3- You´ll have access the activity feed, WEEKLY BUILDS (bugfix realease) and bi-monthly builds (new content release).......

So, clearly what you said is false. She have patreons because of KW, so clearly she does need to work on it.

One patroen already told me that they are getting very upset with her. Either she works on it as she is supposed to, or, maybe patreons will abandon ship.

Plus, every single Reward Tier above $1 literally states again "Access to WEEKLY private builds."

Its pretty simple, its been 1 Year and 2 Weeks since the last public version which was Build 375, since then it's been 50 weeks so according to her the Mod should be at Build 425. Where is it actually? at 397, aka 22 Builds. She is not even HALF as fast as she should be lmao, not to mention that it keeps getting slower because at the start of last year the speed was relatively fine iirc and now its like 3 weeks per build on average and then theres a good chance that the build only contains hotfixes that dont fix anything half of the time or break even more stuff. Im not pedantic, i'd totally understand if she was too late here and there or if she had to take a month off due to whatever reason, but being not even half as fast as you promise to the people who pay you (and getting even slower) is a farce lmao. 

7 hours ago, MrGrey said:

This is pretty funny, Because I just addressed this in a post a few above yours.... Nowhere did I say anything about LL.

LL isn't the only public site on the entire internet... please people read a little more carefully... this is getting somewhat redundant.

Look before you leap is a good bit of advice. We're cool by the way......

Just an FYI, if memory serves, the entire reason TS3 stuff is released free at all is that there was a giant dustup back in TS2 days with paywalled mods. There was something or other in the EULA that I don't remember that forbade anyone but Maxis from charging for game content, mods included. Certain sites ignored it, there was much internet butthurt, someone started hosting paywalled mods without permission, Maxis lawyers came down like a ton of bricks on everything.

End result was an explicit requirement that TS3 crap be available for free. TSR, et al tried to ignore the edict for a time, and got slapped down again in TS4. Maxis is a broken, incompetent shell of a corp now, and couldn't enforce their old ruling on TS3 content if they wanted to, which is probably why nobody's come down on Oniki yet. As for why Oniki stopped playing ball, I assume simple apathy, the game is ancient now, and belongs in a museum. Or at least a plain wooden box in a colossal government warehouse.

39 minutes ago, regrius said:

As for why Oniki stopped playing ball, I assume simple apathy, the game is ancient now, and belongs in a museum. Or at least a plain wooden box in a colossal government warehouse.

That the game is old i totally agree. About Maxis and TS2 i dont know.

However, she should say it like it is. If she got fed up with the mod, she should come clean, and let know atleast the patreons.

The way its going on, it seems she doesnt want to continue but still wants to get paid. And that is wrong in so many levels.

In a "normal job", i think i dont need to say what would happen.

While I can only speak for myself, I'm the type to pay for what I get. A good example was a pirate copy of Mirror's Edge (back when I engaged in this stuff). I enjoyed it, so bought it.

On wards to KW. Since it's not required to pay anyone but the copyright holder, the idea of monetary support for any mod maker is purely voluntary, and rests with the users perceived value of said mod. Basically - Would you have 'paid' for it?

I do use a LOT of mods (in several games), but to say I would have paid for them is a different story. Many are fun and useful, but no, the majority I would've lived without. As for KW, I had no intention of subscribing to Patreon in a way that makes me an 'employer' of a person which I have no control over their job performance. I treat LL as a service, so it's different.

I had planned on sending a generous donation though, one time, once the mod was finished and done as an appreciation for the work. Considering the way things have worked out, I'm not so sure I'll be as generous as I had previously planned, since at this time, I have no interest in pursuing further updates given the status of the project and it's associated quality.

I still do feel though as I'd like to donate something for my enjoyment. It is in fact one of the reasons I still bother with the Sims at all. This not to slight any of the wonderful Sims3 mod authors who's work I have used, but when I look at this objectively, KW is the one Mod which has kept me playing. To me, this is worth something.

4 hours ago, regrius said:

Just an FYI, if memory serves, the entire reason TS3 stuff is released free at all is that there was a giant dustup back in TS2 days with paywalled mods. There was something or other in the EULA that I don't remember that forbade anyone but Maxis from charging for game content, mods included. Certain sites ignored it, there was much internet butthurt, someone started hosting paywalled mods without permission, Maxis lawyers came down like a ton of bricks on everything.

End result was an explicit requirement that TS3 crap be available for free. TSR, et al tried to ignore the edict for a time, and got slapped down again in TS4. Maxis is a broken, incompetent shell of a corp now, and couldn't enforce their old ruling on TS3 content if they wanted to, which is probably why nobody's come down on Oniki yet. As for why Oniki stopped playing ball, I assume simple apathy, the game is ancient now, and belongs in a museum. Or at least a plain wooden box in a colossal government warehouse.

Despite popular belief Maxis didn't have anything to do with the Sims 3 it was EA's Sims Studio. If you have any of the discs look at the cases you won't see the Maxis logo on any of them with the exception University, Island Paradise and Into the Future which Maxis served as a support role for those 3.

Maxis is a semi-independent EA subsidiary when EA bought them they had to give EA control of the Sims IP to be semi-independent. Maxis' EULA is only slightly different from EA's they also can't take any legal action unless EA allows them to. Now when EA shutdown the Sims Studio in late 2014 they did give Maxis full control of the Sims 4 and the Sims IP  and Maxis integrated what was left of the Sims Studio into their company and the Sims Studio is currently now a Maxis Studio. But the Sims 3 and any Sims games that were made from 2006-2013 when the Sims Studio was still an EA Studio remains EA's property.

So it would be EA that would have to come down on Oniki not Maxis. EA's EULA (same with Maxis' EULA) mentions UGC (user generated content which includes mods) but has yet to enforce it.

18 hours ago, merkle said:

I have tried numerous versions from 392 on and have had no luck.  Sims will woohoo once and will steadfastly refuse after that.  There are a few new features, but not enough to justify the frustration of trying out one after the other.  I'm back to 375.

i gave oniki a dollar on her patreon and downloaded the newest version. Since everyone is debating the legality issues I won't really bother otherwise I would've just shared the patreon version lmao