Skyrim Modding Guide

It does not include any animations. I can only speak for original Face Light but it includes a spell you get that you cast on NPCs that puts a permanent light on their face, regardless if you are talking to them or not. The other mod may work differently. I don't use either one, I turn up my ENB.

Female Facial Animations is the only mod I know that makes faces better animated; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35303/?

Also by the way there is a new mod out by the author of Deadly Dragons, Forgotten Magic etc; World's Dawn, a new enchantment/loot mod that also allows you to absorb and destroy loot you do not want and possibly get special stones to upgrade your favorite items with, as well as get 1 per level of attribute points to spend on RPG style attributes along with the normal Skyrim gain. Can't speak to how it works ingame or how balanced it is because I don't have my compute rback from the shop yet, but be aware that the author's other mods all aim for rather powerful play, Deadly Dragons was the first and most well known enhancer, Enemy Enhancer does the same for everyone else in the world, and Forgotten Magic is the most powerful spell mod out there by FAR when you get high level with it.

I keep going back and forth about trying this one. I still use Deadly Dragons, and I used Forgotten Magic for many play throughs, only dropping it because it so quickly made my characters Invincible. 

OTOH, I've become hyper cautious about anything that dynamically adds loot to NPCs. Three of my favorite mods feature massive battles, one against over 100 NPCs. I'm concerned that anything that adds loot to all of them will cause a near guaranteed crash. 

Also by the way there is a new mod out by the author of Deadly Dragons, Forgotten Magic etc; World's Dawn, a new enchantment/loot mod that also allows you to absorb and destroy loot you do not want and possibly get special stones to upgrade your favorite items with, as well as get 1 per level of attribute points to spend on RPG style attributes along with the normal Skyrim gain. Can't speak to how it works ingame or how balanced it is because I don't have my compute rback from the shop yet, but be aware that the author's other mods all aim for rather powerful play, Deadly Dragons was the first and most well known enhancer, Enemy Enhancer does the same for everyone else in the world, and Forgotten Magic is the most powerful spell mod out there by FAR when you get high level with it.

I keep going back and forth about trying this one. I still use Deadly Dragons, and I used Forgotten Magic for many play throughs, only dropping it because it so quickly made my characters Invincible. 

OTOH, I've become hyper cautious about anything that dynamically adds loot to NPCs. Three of my favorite mods feature massive battles, one against over 100 NPCs. I'm concerned that anything that adds loot to all of them will cause a near guaranteed crash. 

Yeah it's a good chance it will, because it adds it to a script so that's 100 instances of that script running to add loot to them, with a chance for temper, misc loot, enchanted loot with up to 3 enchntments, new potions, etc. I would not run any such mods on any game with mroe than vanilla civil war or Forsworn encampment level fights, say 30-40 NPCs or so (I would not use it with Warzones for example).

Forgotten Magic making my characters invincible is also the same reason I stopped using it, however I itned to try same author's Enemy Enhancer mod (Deadly Monsters upgraded) as well as World's Dawn, and I'm thinking you can use that to make a world catch up to a Forgotten Magic mage as well.

Heads up, tonycubed2 and the Sands of Time team have adopted all of Erikel's mods, he of the Enhanced Mighty Dragons, Populated mods, enemy AI etc. While I may not be a fan of Sands of Time itself as stated before, I have respect for these guys modding skills overall, so I trust them to handle these mods fine. Unlike other adopters of these mods, they have also promised to actually maintain, advance and bugfix these mods.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/213669/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Something new for win10 users to watch out for - process system and compressed memory using 98% of memory, fixable using sfc /scannow on a admin command prompt, didnt actually try running skyrim before fixing but i doubt i would have got good results with task manager saying all 16 GB of my memory was in use

I think you must have something wrong going on in that case, like a virus. Even with Win10 without that and Skyrim running, task manager said only 45 % or so of my 8 GB was in use.

I don't now as its fixed :) before running sfc /scannow i did have it showing memory usage at 98% and from the googling i did it seems a fair few win10 users are suffering

Thought i'd mention it here as it took me quite a while going through the various MS pages to find the solution

Something new for win10 users to watch out for - process system and compressed memory using 98% of memory, fixable using sfc /scannow on a admin command prompt, didnt actually try running skyrim before fixing but i doubt i would have got good results with task manager saying all 16 GB of my memory was in use

I think you must have something wrong going on in that case, like a virus. Even with Win10 without that and Skyrim running, task manager said only 45 % or so of my 8 GB was in use.

I don't now as its fixed :) before running sfc /scannow i did have it showing memory usage at 98% and from the googling i did it seems a fair few win10 users are suffering

Thought i'd mention it here as it took me quite a while going through the various MS pages to find the solution

Sure, appreciated, and feel free to post anything else like it as well.

Personally I have for now done the sensible thing; reverted to win 7. :P

I found this little Gem on Nexus, called Bug fixes merged, has latest Usleep Cutting room floor, clothing clutter fixes and many many more Bug fixes in on esp.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72534/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D72534&pUp=1

Appropriately Attired Jarls-23793-1-1-1
Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition-24020-1-0
Clothing and Clutter Fixes - LEGENDARY-43053-1-3
Cutting Room Floor - Legendary Edition-47327-2-0-0
Dead Body Collision Fix Improved Fireball Spell-30947-v2-4
Enchantment Reload Fix-52717-1-2
Invisibility Eyes Fix v2-23916-2-0
Paralyze-34108-1
Smart Souls 90-14559-9-0
Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade-34093-5-1
Realistic Ragdoll_Medium_Force-601-1-9
Ghostly Invisibility-36185-1-0
Grass and Ground Fixes-13212-3-1
Lava Imagespace Fix-21787-1-0
Logo removal
Missing in Action - Dialog Condition Removed-31360-1-0
Nightingale Portal v1-2-9207-1-2
No Muffle Effect-36185-1
No stretching USKP compatible -26126-2-2
Orc female idle FIX-25495-1-0
Orc Vampire Eye Fix
poteme crash fix-23694-1-0
SafetyLoad 1_2-46465-1-2
Soul Cairn Runtime Error R6025 Fix-41411-1-0
Soul Trap Hit Effect Fix-37514-1-0
Summerset Fix-29756-1-0
Sunhallowed Compiled script-26873-1-0
Unbound DremoraBegone-9798-1-0
Vampire Gauntlets Fix-38400-1-0
Volunrrud Genealogist-27381-Final

hey i am looking for mod that allows you to marry multiple spouses at sametime serana too if posible :) and works with legendary edition with skyrim does someone know if there is one ?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9378

The one from dedustia is good one too.

That is the one I have installed now, but I have not actually seen it in action (i just installed it, not been to Riften after), and it does not cover Serana as far as I can tell (she's special). I installed it to marry both Aela and Lydia.

Finally got word that after over 3 weeks my computer is finally done. I have meanwhile been able to order 3 seasons of Vikings and 4 seasons of the Walking Dead and see it all. Oh well, good viewing, but now I'm getting itchy, I'm hoping to get someone today to drive me to pick it up (no car/licence and the repair shop is like half a mile away), I'm getting the jitters now that I know it's done but it may not be possible to get it picked up until monday.

Hi Sacremas,

I'm hoping you won't mind if I butt into your thread and ask a couple of mod organizer questions.    I recently had a 3 year old stable 247 mod skyrim install that I jacked up, and decided to start fresh with mod organizer.  I've been playing with modded bethesda games since oblivion, and yet I learned much reading through the first several post in this thread (thanks!)  I would have saved myself a headache by reading it a week sooner  :D

Because I'm one of "those" people who are allergic to fully reading instructions, I downloaded MO, watched the built in tutorials, and started installing my mods.  I now have over 200 mods installed in roughly alphabetical order and none activated, and am no realizing that activation and setting priority is going to be a bitch!  Any thoughts on that?  Is it reasonable/possible or should I CTRL+A and remove and start over installing?  I've been thinking if I could get a look at someone else's priority list that would be helpful, but I'm not sure how doable that is.

Also, just as a clarification:  something lower on the list with a higher number has a higher priority, right?

Thanks again for your tutorial, and thanks in advance for any help you can give!

The big difference in Mod Organizer is that you can change the asset install order. Think one mod should have been installed after another? Just grab it and drag it below that mod. I suggest you enable all your mods, then run LOOT, then there's a alert sign up at the top that will want to order your mods on the left hand panel by what they are ordered by LOOT on the rigth, accept that, then look through your order, if you see something very obviously wrong like an Unofficial Patch anywhere but the top of the load order (so mods can overwrite it, intstead of the patch resetting variables and textures back to base Skyrim) change it manually and see if MO protests, then see which mod it wants it to put your unofficial patch or whatever mod above or below, if below move that mod up to just above your unofficial patch manually, if below move that mod to just below your unofficial patch and see if the protests go away.

I also highly recommend you run a TES5Merged patch after then look through all of it's records (weapons, armor, NPC, races mainly) to see if there are any glaring errors, if your artifact overhaul is being overwritten by weapon and armor fixes, or your NPC beautifier is being overwritten by Immersive Weapons or the like, exit without saving your patch, change your load order (and accept it to change the left hand panel as well) then try again until you get a merged patch with as few errors as possible that you can't just fix on your own by dragging and dropping between categories.

IT'S ALIVE!

Thanks for the advice.  Looking at that list of 200+ mods was intimidating me into inaction, I think.  I may have also been outsmarting myself, while both of myselves were being outsmarted by MO.  Once I started activating things and looking at the conflicts as they popped up I was able to re-order things pretty easily.

It now wants to reorder some things and for the life of me I can't figure out why reordering these particular things would affect anything, but I'll look at it closer.

I still have some tweaking and fixing things to do (and omg trying to sort out all the bodyslide stuff I had setup) but thanks to your tutorial and reply Skyrim is running again!

Thank you!

Sacremas i was wondering how are your thoughts on the mod slave girls ?? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28253-wip-slavegirls-alpha/

So far i got some mixed stuff on it, and i was wondering if this was the cause of some the bugs that happened in my game lately. Mostly navmesh or main quest too break etc.. So far it seem to be editing all over skyrim making it hard to trouble shoot if it really was this mod or some other mod interfering with it.

Also seem to be break some quest from Winterhold the mages guild some stuff are not fully working as intended like when you have to defeat dremora by sumoning him and kill it to make him submit suddenly one of those slave start running around and you are unable to talk to the dremora. The only way for me was finding this slave and click diable on it so can  talk to the dremora again.

Yeah I have bad experiences with that mod. I would use it only on a sex game not really intending to be serious or do much than run around and do sexlab mods on your own, no companions. For that it works fine, but don't use it if you intend to play vanilla game/quests, non-Sexlab mods or use companions.

OTOH I am now running a lot of sexlab mods on my current serious game that is very advanced so far, a couple of hundred hours, I am having no issues. I am now running Aroused, Eager NPCs, Further Lover's Comfort, Amorous, Submit and ZAZ, it's working fine in a game with Dragon Combat Overhaul, Hateful Wenches on maximum settings, World's Dawn and the like.

I changed recently to this ENB, Kinematic ENB Southern Light by the same guy that did Kountervibe, it's a bit of an intensive ENB, with my 4k textures I have problems holding 60 fps in many places and during combat with the middle option, I'm trying performance now. Main reason to switch is that thsi ENB uses original post processing, so that means things like Night Vision/Predator Vision and special filters like dream sequence or mages guild telepathic contact and timestop events work as they should without you needing to toggle off the ENB.

More word on ENBoost 6.1

After playing with it for a while, I can confirm that I am able to load most games, without loading from the maintenance save first. That is some serious progress. OTOH, the stuttering and frame rate drops are seriously bad. What I'm not sure about is whether these are caused by ENBoost 6.1, or by the recent Steam Beta Update. Many users are reporting that if you use both an ENB and the recent Steam Beta Update, the result is massive frame rate drops.

So, at the moment, I'm not sure. 

More word on ENBoost 6.1

After playing with it for a while, I can confirm that I am able to load most games, without loading from the maintenance save first. That is some serious progress. OTOH, the stuttering and frame rate drops are seriously bad. What I'm not sure about is whether these are caused by ENBoost 6.1, or by the recent Steam Beta Update. Many users are reporting that if you use both an ENB and the recent Steam Beta Update, the result is massive frame rate drops.

did you try this part?  just curious as I am interested in trying this out as well.

At this moment DataSyncMode=2 with PriorityMode=3 where tested

by users as the most performance efficient and stable setting.

More word on ENBoost 6.1

did you try this part?  just curious as I am interested in trying this out as well.

At this moment DataSyncMode=2 with PriorityMode=3 where tested

by users as the most performance efficient and stable setting.

Yup. It works. But I'm still losing frame rate.