Skyrim Modding Guide

Darn is there any other mod like this ?? i want to create necromancer character but i have not really found something for my current playthrough.

btw what is wrong with it ?? Can this mod also cause dragons from spawning like a statue ?? not sure what mod it is but dragons when spawned are just standing like statue and unable to move.

Dragons are not moving because either their skeleton or your FNIS install is broken. Last time that happened to me (when I uninstalled all my mods to test Perkus Maximus during it's alpha state in a clean environment) I had to do a totall reinstall of the game to fix it.

Both Ordinator and Path of Magic perk mods have armies of the undead, Path of Magic has a undead dragon and giants as well you can make. For balance and a complete game however I'd lean towards Ordinator.

Every version of Nature of the Beast is just plain broken because of the massive stress the scripts put on your game. It works on a very bare bones install, not a sexlab install.

Dragons are not moving because either their skeleton or your FNIS install is broken. Last time that happened to me (when I uninstalled all my mods to test Perkus Maximus during it's alpha state in a clean environment) I had to do a totall reinstall of the game to fix it.

Both Ordinator and Path of Magic perk mods have armies of the undead, Path of Magic has a undead dragon and giants as well you can make. For balance and a complete game however I'd lean towards Ordinator.

Every version of Nature of the Beast is just plain broken because of the massive stress the scripts put on your game. It works on a very bare bones install, not a sexlab install.

So true whenever i start the game the first thing i turn off is the smell option and wind direction. I think these 2 are overloading papyrus and even when turned off they still keep spamming papyrus.

I will have to try path of sorcery i tried ordinator previously and found the schock spells unbalanced. Fire and ice where working right. But schock spells even on novice would drain your health so rapidly and even a ward would not work with those types of spell since you still take damage.

I think you had a bug with your install, like you didn't change ASIS's inis to not give certain perks to NPCs who should not have them. Fire should deal far more damage to you than shock. If either you or an NPC gets the initial perks then you take more damage the more health damage you have with fire, more damage the less stamina you have with frost, and more damge the less magicka you have with shock. A mage would take more damage from a frost spell than a shock spell, a warrior more damage from a shock spell, because they have less of the targeted stat so it runs out faster when attacked, causing them to take more damage. This has been true for all iterations of Ordinator, but it's been massively changed and all of it's magic trees got totally redone recently. Mainly because magic was too weak compared to magic in Path of Sorcery, so he made it a lot stronger and got rid of the more complicated mechanics.

Here's some more tweaks I*d like you to test, these should in theory improve both your performance and also lower your script lag, letting you run more scripts at once. These are ini tweaks, I haven't used tweaks like these before.

To make sure you can revert I suggest you either take a copy of your ini files (located in your Profiles directory) or of your entire profile. There is a chance you will see instabilities, and possibly crashes with these. Or you may see none of the sort, and just a very big performance boost. It was quite frankly stunning the boost I got. MAKE SURE YOU USE VSYNCH OF SOME SORT TO CAP YOUR FPS as even with a totally modded out game on an old system you might see enough of a performance gain from this that your framerate goes high enough that your physics start getting wonky and Havoc falls apart entirely. Capping your FPS on 60 should in theory stop that.

Performance:

Multi-Core CPUs - These tweaks increase the power of a multi-core rig by multi-threading processes

In Skyrim.ini Add/Edit:

[backgroundLoad]

bBackgroundLoadLipFiles=1

bLoadBackgroundFaceGen=1

bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1

bBackgroundCellLoads=1

bLoadHelmetsInBackground=1

bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1

bUseBackgroundFileLoader=1

[Animation]

bMultiThreadBoneUpdate=1

[HAVOK]

iNumThreads=XX

[General]

bUseThreadedTempEffects=1

bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1

bMultiThreadMovement=1

bUseThreadedMorpher=1

[Decals]

bDecalMultithreaded=1

In SkyrimPrefs.ini Add/Edit:

[Navmesh]

bUseThreadedMeshes=1

[Trees]

bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1

bShadowMaskZPrePass=1

[backgroundLoad]

bBackgroundLoadLipFiles=1

bLoadBackgroundFaceGen=1

bUseMultiThreadedFaceGen=1

bBackgroundCellLoads=1

bLoadHelmetsInBackground=1

bUseMultiThreadedTrees=1

[General]

bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1

bUseThreadedBlood=1

bUseThreadedMorpher=1

bUseThreadedTempEffects=1

bUseThreadedTextures=1

bUseThreadedMeshes=1

bUseThreadedLOD=1

bUseThreadedAI=1

bUseThreadedMorpher=1

[Decals]

bDecalMultithreaded=1

For "iNumThreads" ( the XX value above) set this to the number of CPU cores your PC has. If you have 4 or more leave this as 5 (maximum).

(source: Skyrim Tweak Guide 2.2)

Decreasing Script Lag - The scripting language used in Skyrim, Papyrus, is not the speediest of languages. Script queues can become lagged, and even halted, in a game using script-heavy mods. Using this tweak in my game even seemed to fix the lip synch problem that reared its ugly head again in the 1.9 update for Skyrim.

In Skyrim.ini add/edit:

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=800

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=800

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000

iMinMemoryPageSize=256

iMaxMemoryPageSize=512

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=2457600

(Source: Skyrim Script Lag)

Gameplay:

Better Aiming - These tweaks will help improve aim and range with bows and crossbows.

Add/edit in Skyrim.ini:

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

(Source: Skyrim Archery Tweak)

I have added my own skyrim.ini as well as skyrimprefs.in, enblocal.ini, enbseries.ini and load order to this if anyone is interested. This is for a new game that is going flawlessly, using Ordinator, Legacy of the Dragonborn and MorrowLoot, playing Amorous Adventures.

Could you put a link to this post on the front page? I recently had to re-do my ini files, and it took some digging to find it. I'm sure others would be interested as well.

Could you put a link to this post on the front page? I recently had to re-do my ini files, and it took some digging to find it. I'm sure others would be interested as well.

SInce I stopped using them myself from undetermined instability I would rather not. I had an unstable game some time after using those inis, I reverted to the ones I have on the front page, that fixed it... but I also changed my load order at the time, which may have fixed it.

Regardless the reason for putting them up to begin with was to help with stability with a lot of scripted mods, which it did not seem to do, as such they are too unknown for me to know if they should be used at all, and I can't recommend things that I am not sure about.

Funny thing by the way, I found out something recently; Bethesda masters should not be cleaned. Yeah. It actually breaks a lot of stuff, and causes actual gaps in the terrain and just weird errors you would not have if you did not clean it.

But here's the kicker... if you are using mods made by people who cleaned their masters, you have to clean your masters also and just live with those errors, or it will cause even more instability with those mods. On a game as close to vanilla as possible (basically just texture mods and an ENB) your game will be more stable and with less unpredictable errors if you do not clean it. Half the errors that USLEEP fixes were apparenty not there until you cleaned your game, but now everyone's cleaned their games because someone in the dawn of Skyrim modding told someone influential like Gopher to do it, and now we have to do it anyway.

Funny thing by the way, I found out something recently; Bethesda masters should not be cleaned. Yeah. It actually breaks a lot of stuff, and causes actual gaps in the terrain and just weird errors you would not have if you did not clean it.

But here's the kicker... if you are using mods made by people who cleaned their masters, you have to clean your masters also and just live with those errors, or it will cause even more instability with those mods. On a game as close to vanilla as possible (basically just texture mods and an ENB) your game will be more stable and with less unpredictable errors if you do not clean it. Half the errors that USLEEP fixes were apparenty not there until you cleaned your game, but now everyone's cleaned their games because someone in the dawn of Skyrim modding told someone influential like Gopher to do it, and now we have to do it anyway.

Craptastic. We're our own worst enemies. 

I think I started cleaning my masters after reading about it in the STEP guide.

Yeah for Skyrim it's just too late. We have to do it now because everyone is doing it. Just keep your eyes open and be vocal about it if you see people arguing to clean Fallout 4 or later TES6 masters. Basically as long as the modders don't do it, you don't have to do it, if the modders start doing it universally, you have to do it.

Here's a new city and hold overhaul that could be of interest, I don't have the game installed of course so I can't compare it to JK's which I have recommended in the past. Obviously only install this on a new game, or you are going to see some very weird behaviour. Also note that a lot of mods might need compatibilty patches, or NPCs are going to be really confused as well.

I've kind of gone off city mods. They look great, but I've had too many cases where a mod added NPCs to the city that just couldn't deal with the new buildings, and ended up standing their walking forever into a wall. In the end, I'd rather have the quests than the buildings.

That said, I may try out People of Skyrim if it gets a bit further in development. I like the idea of building up around the cities to imply their "true" size.

right now i am trying out a spell mod named forgotten magic:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35339

But the spells seem to be really overpowered. I can just use holy bolt and dual cast and instandly kill an npc. and this is on Legendary Is there some mod that i can use to balance the enemies out without having to result to using Legendary ??

Yeah Forgotten Magic is VERY overpowered once you level up the spells, especially if you start changing the sliders. Same goes for World's Dawn, which goes very nicely along Forgotten Magic and I recommend you play them together.

This is the same author that made Deadly Dragons, and that as well his Enemy Enhancer works very well to rebalance the enemies to become as powerful as you need them to. However by rebalancing them this way it may have the side effect that pretty much only you will be able to kill your enemies, in that NPCs like your companions, city guards and soldiers during the Civil War will not be able to kill anyone without your help. Play around with the settings. If all else fails, "player.modav dragonsouls #" will give you the resources you need to reset the spells, then just don't pick the really powerful chocies like total health occasionally as extra damage on holy bolt.

Note also that the elemental affinity spells apply to all spells of those elements for you, including Shouts, so another point of balance may be to only apply affinity to non-elemental spells like Arcane (doing that will mean that the Arcane Weapon spell will give you a bound weapon fully competetive with anything but cheat levels of Fortify Smithing), or just don't hand out the Affinity points at all.

I am strongly considering rewriting parts of this guide. Specifically I'm considering just ripping out the cleaning parts of the guide entirely, as it has been strongly suggested to me by people in the know (people who work in SKSE extender and the like) that you should never clean your mods, including other people's mods, if you don't know for sure why those dirty edits are in that mod or if they are indeed errors you leave it the hell alone, regardless of what LOOT tells you. Some of the more advanced guys really dislike LOOT, seems like it orders mods in ways that just do not work often compared to how it should be, and gives misleading information.

Sacremas thanks i will keep fidling with the mcm settings till i get it more balanced. or not upgrade said spell. 

Was wondering if anyone has experience with this mod ??

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74565

It is called invasion of skyrim, so far i have had mixed result, and could not run it even on a very stable game with only a very few essential mods like SkyUI, Race menu apachi. and the other hair mod with is what the requirements seem to say. 

Also was getting allot of crashes during any of the batlles. And reading some posts makes me believe more people are also experiencing the same thing.

I've been using a xEdit script with Fallout New Vegas to great success recently, and I want to see if it can be applied to Skyrim and other games. Specifically this is a "Add Bash Tags" script, that let you add the needed Bash tags to your mods so Wrye Bash can use it easier.

As such I want anyone who want to help out who use Wrye Bash (yes I'm mainly talking to Old Book here probably...) to go here then save that page (which is a xEdit script actually) into your "Edit Scripts" folder of your TES5Edit installation, then open your load order, and go to one of your mods, for biggest effect if you go to a biggish quest mod that add new reward armors and weapons, NPCs to interract with and such, the right click, do "Apply script" then "Generate Bash tags" but before you do open that mod and look for File Header, click that and go to "SNAM - Description" which if you double click that text should describe the mod (this is the stuff that is shown if you hover over the mod in Mod Organizer) and if it has any Bash Tags it should be shown there. Run the script, and see if more bash tags are added to the mod.

Keep going through your load order, especially to files you have merged yourself and add bash tags, then when you are satisifed and ready for a test, start up Wrye Bash and rebuild your bash patch (note that these tags obviously do nothing at all on their own, they are just instrcutions for your bash patch) and then go through all the categories and see if new info is added, maybe more stuff can be merged into your patch properly. It is by the way possible to while you are in Wrye rigth click the TES5Merged.esp and select "Mark Mergeable" and it will be merged entirely into your Bash patch with all info kept, saving you a plugin spot.

Once this is done start up Edit again, loading in also your Bash patch (and to be sure, your presumably deselected TES5merged.esp) and check what has changed in the patch, if it has carried over more information than it did before, and if it actually has merged in everything that was in your TES5Merged successfully or if you still need to keep that. If it has added in stuff that it shouldn't, like overwrite a NPCs face with the info from another mod rather than your beauitification mod, then rerun Wrye and make sure that stuff like "import faces from" mainly selects your beautification mods and quest mods. USLEEP will probably want to do NPC faces (it fixes a few bugs in cross-eyed NPCs not beautified later, if you have these beautified just do as I do and go in and delete those NPC entries from USLEEP in edit, it'll be the red entries if you just load in USLEEP and your beautification mods in Edit) but in theory your beautification should overwrite on virtue of load order these conflicts.

Also by the way, if you are interested in the basics on how to create a compatibility patch beyond dragging and dropping stuff into mods furhter down the load order as we have done before, watch this video by RoyBatterian (Roy Batty on the TTW forums), it's on FVNEdit but there are very few differencs (mainly involving scripts, which is not involved here) between older Edit and Edit for Creation engine games like Skyrim and Fallout 4;

So basically if you want to make such a "feature patch" you just right click on whatever you want to alter and select "copy as override into" then select either a mod on the list likely further down the load order or a new mod in which case a new mod is made. If you want to change the FormID lists such as leveled lists or list of what weapons are affected by what perks and such, Copy that perk's FormID list or that leveled list into the mod you want to put it in then change it. I am going to as an example use a Fallout New Vegas mod weapon, I want to give the Ranger Denali 12 gauge lever-action shotgun the same features regarding what perks are affected by it as the normal 20 gauge lever action shotgun, so I go in and copy as an override into the Denali's ESP the FormID list for PerkCowboyWeapons and ShotgunSurgeonWeaponsList. Then I go to each of them to the list of weapons on the Denali's ESP, left click and select "Add New Entry" into the "LNAM - FormID" list, then I expand the weapons category, find the Denali, click it and double click it's FormID which in my case was 5100CFED (note that the first two are load order based, it will be different but the game is smart enough that if you just put in this it will figure out what you mean even with a different load order) which I then paste into the New Entry in the "LNAM - FormID" list which then recognizes it as the Ranger Denali, which now in-game gets benefit of these two perks. You can do the same if you wanted to add the Denali to say the level list for rare guns for sale at vendors, or a leveled list entry for RangerAssault if you want to make the weapon appear in the hands of NPC Veteran Rangers in game.

Few of these things are done by most mod-makers who make mods like the Ranger Denali (which is just by default found for free lying next to it's presumed owner Chief Hanlon who doesn't care if you walk in there and grab it) and so it can enhance your game if you take the time to fix such errors in your game, and might even (with permissions sorted out) be worth a Nexus upload in the end if you do good enough work.

Note that you can in some cases (most often with mods mainly using assets from masters higher on the list rather than containing new stuff in the ESP like enabling new hairs or the like) use the "copy as override into" function to create quick merges of things like NPC overhauls on your own, UNO Dawnguard can be copied easily into UNO itself (or any other file, all of UNO can be copied into something else entirely in fact if I'm not mistaken), while the Bijin mods are more complicated to merge due to their standalone nature.

I've been using a xEdit script with Fallout New Vegas to great success recently, and I want to see if it can be applied to Skyrim and other games. Specifically this is a "Add Bash Tags" script, that let you add the needed Bash tags to your mods so Wrye Bash can use it easier.

As such I want anyone who want to help out who use Wrye Bash (yes I'm mainly talking to Old Book here probably...) to go here then save that page (which is a xEdit script actually) into your "Edit Scripts" folder of your TES5Edit installation, then open your load order, and go to one of your mods, for biggest effect if you go to a biggish quest mod that add new reward armors and weapons, NPCs to interract with and such, the right click, do "Apply script" then "Generate Bash tags" but before you do open that mod and look for File Header, click that and go to "SNAM - Description" which if you double click that text should describe the mod (this is the stuff that is shown if you hover over the mod in Mod Organizer) and if it has any Bash Tags it should be shown there. Run the script, and see if more bash tags are added to the mod.

Keep going through your load order, especially to files you have merged yourself and add bash tags, then when you are satisifed and ready for a test, start up Wrye Bash and rebuild your bash patch (note that these tags obviously do nothing at all on their own, they are just instrcutions for your bash patch) and then go through all the categories and see if new info is added, maybe more stuff can be merged into your patch properly. It is by the way possible to while you are in Wrye rigth click the TES5Merged.esp and select "Mark Mergeable" and it will be merged entirely into your Bash patch with all info kept, saving you a plugin spot.

Once this is done start up Edit again, loading in also your Bash patch (and to be sure, your presumably deselected TES5merged.esp) and check what has changed in the patch, if it has carried over more information than it did before, and if it actually has merged in everything that was in your TES5Merged successfully or if you still need to keep that. If it has added in stuff that it shouldn't, like overwrite a NPCs face with the info from another mod rather than your beauitification mod, then rerun Wrye and make sure that stuff like "import faces from" mainly selects your beautification mods and quest mods. USLEEP will probably want to do NPC faces (it fixes a few bugs in cross-eyed NPCs not beautified later, if you have these beautified just do as I do and go in and delete those NPC entries from USLEEP in edit, it'll be the red entries if you just load in USLEEP and your beautification mods in Edit) but in theory your beautification should overwrite on virtue of load order these conflicts.

Also by the way, if you are interested in the basics on how to create a compatibility patch beyond dragging and dropping stuff into mods furhter down the load order as we have done before, watch this video by RoyBatterian (Roy Batty on the TTW forums), it's on FVNEdit but there are very few differencs (mainly involving scripts, which is not involved here) between older Edit and Edit for Creation engine games like Skyrim and Fallout 4;

So basically if you want to make such a "feature patch" you just right click on whatever you want to alter and select "copy as override into" then select either a mod on the list likely further down the load order or a new mod in which case a new mod is made. If you want to change the FormID lists such as leveled lists or list of what weapons are affected by what perks and such, Copy that perk's FormID list or that leveled list into the mod you want to put it in then change it. I am going to as an example use a Fallout New Vegas mod weapon, I want to give the Ranger Denali 12 gauge lever-action shotgun the same features regarding what perks are affected by it as the normal 20 gauge lever action shotgun, so I go in and copy as an override into the Denali's ESP the FormID list for PerkCowboyWeapons and ShotgunSurgeonWeaponsList. Then I go to each of them to the list of weapons on the Denali's ESP, left click and select "Add New Entry" into the "LNAM - FormID" list, then I expand the weapons category, find the Denali, click it and double click it's FormID which in my case was 5100CFED (note that the first two are load order based, it will be different but the game is smart enough that if you just put in this it will figure out what you mean even with a different load order) which I then paste into the New Entry in the "LNAM - FormID" list which then recognizes it as the Ranger Denali, which now in-game gets benefit of these two perks. You can do the same if you wanted to add the Denali to say the level list for rare guns for sale at vendors, or a leveled list entry for RangerAssault if you want to make the weapon appear in the hands of NPC Veteran Rangers in game.

Few of these things are done by most mod-makers who make mods like the Ranger Denali (which is just by default found for free lying next to it's presumed owner Chief Hanlon who doesn't care if you walk in there and grab it) and so it can enhance your game if you take the time to fix such errors in your game, and might even (with permissions sorted out) be worth a Nexus upload in the end if you do good enough work.

Note that you can in some cases (most often with mods mainly using assets from masters higher on the list rather than containing new stuff in the ESP like enabling new hairs or the like) use the "copy as override into" function to create quick merges of things like NPC overhauls on your own, UNO Dawnguard can be copied easily into UNO itself (or any other file, all of UNO can be copied into something else entirely in fact if I'm not mistaken), while the Bijin mods are more complicated to merge due to their standalone nature.

Thanks. I'll have to read this a few times, but I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.

Try this instead, I used the link above (which works fine for me in Firefox, it may be your browser not being able to read the file, you can also try left clicking the link and select save target as or the like) because that's guaranteed to be the latest one and I'm not 100 % certain this is up to date; http://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas#Generate_Bash_Tags

If this works as I think it will, you will see a lot more items in game than you may have seen before. The bash tags that already existed on your files and as such the leveled lists present at all were either there if the authors of the mod added them themselves - which very few do, expect it from people who say in their pages to use Wrye Bash, not others - then LOOT is the only thing that can add more of them, and if it's a mod that the LOOT team does not know about, such as a Lover's Lab mod, a more obscure mod on the Nexus, or a mod you merged together yourself which would not be recognized, it won't have Bash tags and whatever leveled ists are in the mod won't carry over into your game and you'll in effect see much less of that mod than you otherwise would.

looking for a little help again, i have been crashing frequently at the beginning of sex scenes, sometimes at the end of them too but mostly the beginning, it doesn't happen all the time and i very rarely had this problem before, i have xpmse installed and run fnis patcher quite a bit when i change my load order. have a log here hope it will help.

Papyrus.0.log

looking for a little help again, i have been crashing frequently at the beginning of sex scenes, sometimes at the end of them too but mostly the beginning, it doesn't happen all the time and i very rarely had this problem before, i have xpmse installed and run fnis patcher quite a bit when i change my load order. have a log here hope it will help.

My guess this is a case of running out of resources, as you are running a lot of thigns that update simultatenously. iNeed checks for compatibility with what you eat, Frostfall maintains your warmth, as the sex scene starts your clothes strip off which triggers frostfall to update your warmth and recheck if you can freeze to death, then Aroused checks your desire ratings and those around you, updates them as well as those nearby to see what exposure you get, then Sexlab starts the scene after picking the animation, once it's gone through it runs it's cleanup routines including redressing you (which causes Frostfall to recalculate) and aroused applies the orgasm effect to whoever orgasmed during the scene (likely both of you) and recalculates both your Exosure and Exposure Rate, and if you have other mods like Deadly Drain, Succubus Heart, Untamed or various milking mods they might also fire their scripts as a result of the orgasm as well, possibly on both your character and the NPC.

If you've been following this at all, especially the whole two-lane Papyrus scripting system, you should know by now why your crashes are occurring at those stages. There's nothing wrong in your Papyrus log (and by the way running the log can also in this mod combination make you crash where you would not crash if your logging was disabled) other than it tells me what mods you have active that runs checks.

Either decrease your mod amount and thus scripting impact (and then start a new game, since none of these are mods your game will survive having taken out of it), buy a newer CPU (GPU or RAM doesn't help here, also your amount of cores above 2 likewise doesn't help as the game doesn't use it, beyond that it's all clock speed, I suggest looking for a cheap old maybe used Sandy Bridge processor like the i5-2500k I have, especially as you can overlclock that easily) that can rush those papyrus scripts through faster and allow you to run more of them, or learn to live with the crashes. Really no other solution. I would suggest yanking either Aroused, or the survival mods, in a combination you kinda need a good processor, otherwise I'd only go with one or the other (I'm going to default to the survival mods myself actually, they add more to my own game as I don't spend too much time on sex stuff overall before getting bored).

As a possible option, you can take a look at this mod and see if that can help you any, but I have no experience at all with it, and for all I know it can make things worse, but if none of the other three are viable solutions for you it might be an option.

As another option, try going here and try out the ini changes I mentioned a while back that was just quoted by Old Book above. While I didn't have full success myself with it, the reddit thread I took those changes from had some people that felt it helped them, so it might help you as well, or make things way worse. Backup your inis and saves before trying them though. Alternately if you alredy have them, try getting rid of them and going to the ones I mention on the first page here from the RealVision page, and also use Windowed mode and using OneTweak. Make sure as many background processes as possible is shut down before playing the game, and make sure your SKSE.ini is up to snuff.

If you decide to yank the survival mods or aroused, I suggest you post your load order for what will be your new game so you won't have to do it again.