[Sims 4] Incest, Teen Romance, Babies For Everyone and more! UPDATED FOR 1.5.149.1020!

Semajitor

@CryingCorvus - You can definitely cause jealousy to trigger at greater rates and with more intensity. It's not really within the scope of this particular mod anymore since I've discontinued the PTME portion. All it really takes is altering the relationship change values slightly within the interactions that you want to cause jealousy. And if you've updated to the current game version, and are using the last update of this mod, that's probably why jealousy is a bit broken at the moment. For what it's worth, with the correct version of the game and mod, I had my spouse angry with just a passing flirt, so it was working when jealousy was enabled for me. I haven't run any tests on 1.6.69 just because it doesn't make sense to do that with the sweeping changes the latest patch made.

Oh, that's really sad to hear. Especially because I had no chance to enjoy it. Why did you drop the concept? I know you have explained it's due to the "stupid workload", but I'm not sure what do you mean by that.

Oh, that's really sad to hear. Especially because I had no chance to enjoy it. Why did you drop the concept? I know you have explained it's due to the "stupid workload", but I'm not sure what do you mean by that.

The "stupid workload" involved changes to every interaction in the game to adjust the relationship change values. This was not limited to the romance interactions, which is what the mod currently focuses on. It included nearly all social mixer interactions, as well as some career interactions. With the Get to Work expansion, some of the changes made to career interactions completely broke the interface, at which point I decided to fully drop those interactions. This meant that the PTME addition to this mod wasn't going to be feasible without correcting those errors, and the time involved in fixing that was more than I wanted to spend between releases.

It's possible that I'll revisit that part of the mod at some point in the future, but even the original creator hasn't updated his version of the mod since November of last year, so it would be a rather time intensive project to add in the interactions from everything beyond the base game. Once I've finished the updates to the mod itself, I'm going to finalize my XML modding tutorial and post that in a separate thread for people to fiddle with on their own time. There are a lot of new tools being created right now that try to do everything in one program, so I'm going to test those and see what is possible outside of the basic tools I'm using right now. If those work out well, I'll be mentioning them in the tutorial as well at least for the parts of them that edit XML.

I got my teen sim pregnant, and then uninstalled the mod while she was pregnant because I couldn't handle the "needs glitch" where all my sims had the same needs. But now when I went to go age her up in CAS, it says I can't because she's still pregnant. She doesn't have a belly or anything. She also doesn't have the pregnancy buff anymore. So now is she stuck pregnant? I don't get it. I'd really appreciate it if I could get a reply to this.

I got my teen sim pregnant, and then uninstalled the mod while she was pregnant because I couldn't handle the "needs glitch" where all my sims had the same needs. But now when I went to go age her up in CAS, it says I can't because she's still pregnant. She doesn't have a belly or anything. She also doesn't have the pregnancy buff anymore. So now is she stuck pregnant? I don't get it. I'd really appreciate it if I could get a reply to this.

Yeah, you messed up on that one with the uninstall mid pregnancy. Pregnancy doesn't occur just with buffs, there is a bit of scripting in the background that tracks it, so she's still flagged somewhere in the system as pregnant. The only real fix now that it's in that position is delete and re-create her in the CAS, and if you have relatively high skills, use cheats to put them back in place correctly.

Yeah, you messed up on that one with the uninstall mid pregnancy. Pregnancy doesn't occur just with buffs, there is a bit of scripting in the background that tracks it, so she's still flagged somewhere in the system as pregnant. The only real fix now that it's in that position is delete and re-create her in the CAS, and if you have relatively high skills, use cheats to put them back in place correctly.

Alright, thank you for replying so fast! I'll decide on what I'm gonna do.

The "stupid workload" involved changes to every interaction in the game to adjust the relationship change values. This was not limited to the romance interactions, which is what the mod currently focuses on. It included nearly all social mixer interactions, as well as some career interactions. With the Get to Work expansion, some of the changes made to career interactions completely broke the interface, at which point I decided to fully drop those interactions. This meant that the PTME addition to this mod wasn't going to be feasible without correcting those errors, and the time involved in fixing that was more than I wanted to spend between releases.

It's possible that I'll revisit that part of the mod at some point in the future, but even the original creator hasn't updated his version of the mod since November of last year, so it would be a rather time intensive project to add in the interactions from everything beyond the base game. Once I've finished the updates to the mod itself, I'm going to finalize my XML modding tutorial and post that in a separate thread for people to fiddle with on their own time. There are a lot of new tools being created right now that try to do everything in one program, so I'm going to test those and see what is possible outside of the basic tools I'm using right now. If those work out well, I'll be mentioning them in the tutorial as well at least for the parts of them that edit XML.

I think you might have overdoing this from the beginning deciding to interfere with all the interactions throughout the entire game. Of course I appreciate your devotion and interests in such concept and that you still updating what you currently have done, but you maybe aimed needlessly high with this one. Couldn't you just limit it to the kissing interactions? Causing a fight for example? Make something simplified in the future? For someone who could pull that off I would be a life long grateful.

@CryingCorvus - Emotional Overcharge wasn't made just for Jealousy when I integrated it into this mod. It was for happiness, sadness, every emotion a sim can have. Doing it just for jealousy wouldn't make too much sense only because the same interactions can cause a sim to get sad or angry as a result of jealousy. And since I was including somebody else's work, I didn't want to make any changes beyond what they made in their version so that I could give credit properly.

When I initially included PTME, there wasn't a monthly patch cycle like we have now, and no expansion content had been released, so there was plenty of time to go back and correct any issues on the fly. With the addition of regular patch cycles and more and more content, the workload will just continue to spiral out of control unfortunately. I only had it included for a single patch before the Outdoor Pack was released, so it can be considered more a "proof-of-concept" project than anything else at this point. If anyone else, or even a group of people want to make the changes necessary to this, so long as they link back to the original they absolutely have my blessing.

@CryingCorvus - Emotional Overcharge wasn't made just for Jealousy when I integrated it into this mod. It was for happiness, sadness, every emotion a sim can have. Doing it just for jealousy wouldn't make too much sense only because the same interactions can cause a sim to get sad or angry as a result of jealousy. And since I was including somebody else's work, I didn't want to make any changes beyond what they made in their version so that I could give credit properly.

When I initially included PTME, there wasn't a monthly patch cycle like we have now, and no expansion content had been released, so there was plenty of time to go back and correct any issues on the fly. With the addition of regular patch cycles and more and more content, the workload will just continue to spiral out of control unfortunately. I only had it included for a single patch before the Outdoor Pack was released, so it can be considered more a "proof-of-concept" project than anything else at this point. If anyone else, or even a group of people want to make the changes necessary to this, so long as they link back to the original they absolutely have my blessing.

Yes, I understand. But that was also my point. Wasn't this a bit too much to begin with? This also wasn't exactly what i was asking about. The jealousy problem I was referring to was probably just something wrong with my game and recent updates, but the anger and moodlets were referring to all the witnesses instead of just a spouse being and going sad over the boarder. What I mean by that is an idea, mod which could make various sims witnessing player's use of a romance option on the family member very angry/disgusted. It could also refer just to the other family members outside of just the spouses making hiding from everyone necessary. Living on the edge I call it :)

I do appreciate everything you did so far and can not express it well enough, but I still wish for this little (or not?) thing to be made. Incest isn't the most popular of the topics and not many modders I can ask about this.

@CryingCorvus - Ah, you're referring to people getting angry about incest, just like they would in real life. That's certainly something that can be done within the XML. I haven't done that yet mostly because it means I'm adding code rather than changing or removing code. It's definitely something I want to do in the future once the whole patch a month thing is a bit more stabilized. I'm not sure if you've read through the entire thread, but making this as realistic as possible while maintaining as much player control as possible is the overall goal for this mod. Minus of course the SSP, which we can sort of assume that they're going with artificial insemination for that or something similar.

If I ever figure out what completely broke career interaction changes in the expansion, I will probably also revisit including teen jobs again, since there are some career related romance actions that I haven't implemented due to major bugs right now. I'd like to have the option for Teens to have adult types of jobs, just at low level entry positions, like the mail room at a corporation or something, and GEDs vs high school diplomas vs college, etc. I can only assume that Maxis already has plans for a college expansion though, considering the fact that there was similar content for Sims 3.

At some point I aim to have everything as realistic as possible for all of the romance actions at the very least, but it will take some looking into to make other sims react to incest and things like that. There's also the issue of player control with that, since you would basically be alienating your sims from the rest of society, so to speak. It's certainly something for the people in this thread to sort of vote/debate on prior to implementation. So how would you feel about integrating completely realistic reactions to romance interactions, such as anger or disgust at incest? Is this something that more people want to see, or would it detract from the fantasy aspect if things get too realistic? I know most people aren't playing the game for a 100% realistic experience, but I'm definitely interested in opinions on this one.

Well, sounds like a lot of additional work for you, but I would like to try those interactions if you have enough time to work on them.

In the same way I think that incest or teen romance should be present, the fact it triggers social rejection in other sims sounds very reasonable.

Ofc the game wont never be like a real life simulation, and might not be so fun without ghosts, evil inventions and some hidden murders in your basements (don't look at me like that, I know I'm not the only criminal here xD)... but, disregarding these "small" details, I would like to turn the game as much realistic as possible, specially around social interactions.

However, although I do not doubt about your skills modding the game, take in account that every single thing you add to the mod, is something else that potentially may be broken or need fixes with every upcoming patches. It's really a lot of work, and beyond if we would like it or if you are able to, think also about what you want to do during summer xDD 

At some point I aim to have everything as realistic as possible for all of the romance actions at the very least, but it will take some looking into to make other sims react to incest and things like that. There's also the issue of player control with that, since you would basically be alienating your sims from the rest of society, so to speak. It's certainly something for the people in this thread to sort of vote/debate on prior to implementation. So how would you feel about integrating completely realistic reactions to romance interactions, such as anger or disgust at incest? Is this something that more people want to see, or would it detract from the fantasy aspect if things get too realistic? I know most people aren't playing the game for a 100% realistic experience, but I'm definitely interested in opinions on this one.

Personally I am only for as much realism as doesn't inconvenience my play style.  If I want to play in a world full of incest, I don't want to be annoyed by everyone hating everyone else because everyone is committing incest.  I don't play sandbox god games like The Sims for challenging game play . . . I play them to play god.  It short, if it makes things a chore I would personally rather it were unrealistic.

Personally, I could take or pass the reactions to incest (I'd like it, but don't mind if it never happens), but if you were to include it, perhaps only have it triggered when family members see their own family committing incest? If that's possible and makes sense? Like, if friends of the family see two brothers kissing, there's no reaction, but if the mother sees them kissing, anger or disgust? That probably complicates the process some more, but just an idea :)

I like the idea of choice with this one. For me it's vital for my enjoyment to have some realistic reactions to keep me awake at all time and make my adrenaline pumping. It would be good to give people some choice if they want to hide their sims affections.

The perfect configuration would've been if this could relate to only those sims who know your sims in question. Like their family and friends. It all depends what is possible. Sneaking at night to an empty bar for a date would've been just great :) 

So, my game auto-updated to the May patch, (turned off nasty auto-updates now), and all my mods were still in the mods folder at the time of the update, including my version of this mod. I haven't opened the game since before the update, and I don't really know what to do, because I have quite a few saves with pregnant male and/or teen sims. Should I delete this mod from the folder and run the game - just not go into those saves, keep it in the folder and run it - again not going into those saves, or not run the game at all until there's an update to this mod? I don't want to break anything. I've already had to scrap so many mods because the creators seem to have given up on them.

@EmilyHH19

I would load the game, take care of the pregnant Sims, then save and remove the mod, and go back in and save again.  I'm currently playing without the mod in, but as soon as it's updated, back it goes.  The only real issues with the mod with the latest update is weird Buffs and Teleporting out of bed after woohoo, leaving Zzzz coming out of the Sims.  Without the mod, those issues disappear.  I do however have a Buff that won't disappear from Camping on two of the three Sims in the main house I play,  It's not a bad buff, jusy annoying that it won't go away, but I believe that is an update issue, not a mod conflict issue.

It's up to you, but that is what "I" would do.

You could try getting the pregnancy mega mod at MTS and try terminating. It will register all pregnancies even teen and elder pregnancies. So it might allow you to terminate it.

I wonder when EA will stop breaking the mods with every update.

I like having control over my game, which is sorely lacking in Sims 4. And its not like I can go back to Sims 2, what with that PC dying a few days ago and Windows 8 hating Sims 2.

Windows 8 gets along fine with the version they had for free for a while on Origin, for me at least.

They need to resolve this patching issue in the near future. Having to release so many patches shows that what they released was just bare bones. Game suppose to be mod friendly, but it really felt like they do everything to stop people from making mods. I had to search and download the proper version of this game to enjoy it and that was really risky thing to do. Yes, I'm playing on a pirated version of the game I already own. At least my sims can be jealous now. The only issue I'm experiencing is the sporadic "nude walking" after a woohoo. In previous Sims games I distinctly remember installing patches only once in between the expansions, though said expansions were the weakest part.

I wonder when EA will stop breaking the mods with every update.

I like having control over my game, which is sorely lacking in Sims 4. And its not like I can go back to Sims 2, what with that PC dying a few days ago and Windows 8 hating Sims 2.

Windows 8 gets along fine with the version they had for free for a while on Origin, for me at least.

I didn't have Origin at the time, wish I did honestly. Especially now.

So I just lost a gigantic post I typed out because the link dialog box bugged out, freaking awesome. I'll just give you the short version. Moving release to next week at the earliest, so I can run tests on a new PC I'm building (my computer is 4 years old at this point). This will eliminate "old hardware" from the probable causes of bugs and general game freakiness. Going with 4 major milestones for the next release in order of least to most difficulty:

1. Include all romance interactions - this includes 2 career interactions from Get to Work (Check Hotness and Flirt Covertly)

2. Unisex buffs for SSP - alien buffs will be for just aliens

3. Flawless interface - this means teens and same sex partners in the bed interactions and such

4. Targeted pregnancy - this *might* require scripting, in which case I will shelve this for later (or for someone who knows Python better)

I will continue to make updates here as I go along, maybe with some fun screenshots when I hit something that breaks the game wholesale.

--- Asshole Adjectives Activate!--

For those that are sending PMs with "hey I found a bug" please go back and read the last 3 or 4 pages of the thread. If you're using any other mods with the words pregnancy, incest, same sex, polygamy or teen in them this mod is NOT compatible. This also means the pregnancy mega mod, since it alters the buffs, and has both XML and scripting. This also includes anyone that has updated the game with mods installed at this point. I have zero, 0, nil, nada, none, no fucks to give if you have a bug and you're combining mods like that.

For those that are asking for help with installing the mod, please read the first post carefully, Google how to install an XML mod for Sims 4, and if you still can't figure it out after those two steps let me know. I understand this sounds harsh, but I'd rather have people do a small amount of research and gain some self-reliance in the process. There are too many places that have this shit spelled out with pictures. If you aren't willing to put in the slightest bit of effort, please just unplug anything you own that is connected to the internet and save the rest of the world the trouble of your presence.

---If the shoe fits, put it on your head---

Archived