So Oblivion doesn't have as many good sex mods as Skyrim does?

Azurahawk

Oblivion is older then skyrim of course it's going to look better and have some better mods for it but that is because they are built on different engines and oblivion can't do the same shit that skyrim can because of the limitations of the engine that it is made on. Skyrim might have more sex mods but those same mods also bring tons of scripts with them as well which can cause more problems then they are worth at times.

Mods for oblivion are still being made and many lovers mods are being updated like the lovers creature mod which is getting many animation updates by gregathit when he gets time to work on them. 

The (CS) (CK) are basically the same thing just minor things are different between them.

Wait-- Are you saying you didn't even factor LAPF into your now-seemingly-arbitrary decision, yet still made a thread about it?

Allow me to make an analogy, if you will: what you did is equivalent to comparing bread with jam and bread with honey, except you forgot to add either the jam or the honey before tasting.

Another good analogy would be saying that Oblivion is inferior to Skyrim because you looked at Oblivion's CD box (but never played it) and it was less interesting than Skyrim's gameplay.

In all three cases your end conclusion is based on lacking information, and thus utterly worthless because you simply didn't take into account the most influential factor for one of the sides.

So now I have to question the purpose of this thread; it seems more like troll-bait than anything else in light of this fact, and I'd very much like you to prove me wrong.

Wait-- Are you saying you didn't even factor LAPF into your now-seemingly-arbitrary decision, yet still made a thread about it?

Allow me to make an analogy, if you will: what you did is equivalent to comparing bread with jam and bread with honey, except you forgot to add either the jam or the honey before tasting.

Another good analogy would be saying that Oblivion is inferior to Skyrim because you looked at Oblivion's CD box (but never played it) and it was less interesting than Skyrim's gameplay.

In all three cases your end conclusion is based on lacking information, and thus utterly worthless because you simply didn't take into account the most influential factor for one of the sides.

So now I have to question the purpose of this thread; it seems more like troll-bait than anything else in light of this fact, and I'd very much like you to prove me wrong.

*sigh* one of these hardcore prejudices. One would think they would all stay holed up in the Bethesda, Gamefaqs, Gamespot forums. 

No, this is not a troll bait thread. Farthest I gone modding wise with Oblivion is add characters to the game by nexus and to try out deadly combat (which I wasn't pleased) I discovered this site while playing through Skyrim the thousandth time (Came from console to pc) and was performing some hardcore modding to the game, including mods of my own.

I never thought Oblivion had the similar features of modding that Skyrim has. Same goes for Fallout (Though Fallout 3 tends to have more mods based on weapons than Vegas has) So really, I'm still new to this site and its mods. 

Better? Does this please you enough? 

You know, you put me in an extremely awkward position; considering the fact that LAPF has an entire subsection of the forums dedicated to it (just like Sexlab has a subsection dedicated to it), and you couldn't have possibly missed it yet still claim to have not bothered to even look at it before making a conclusion that Oblivion is so much inferior to Skyrim that it warrants a thread... I'm not quite sure what to say.

And, for the record, I'm not prejudiced. I called you out for not taking into account the most important factor for one of the things you compared.

I can't possibly believe anyone could see a subsection of the forum he's visiting dedicated to a framework, and ignore that framework completely before jumping into a conclusion.

That's willfully ignorant at best, in my opinion.

And, yes, the first thing that comes to my mind when I see something like that is "Troll?"

So, even if you are - as you claim - not a troll, I still find your argument lacking validity simply because you have only checked one of the two games you are comparing.

I hope this clears things out for you,

-V

Meh, IMO Lovers is better than SexLab. Most Skyrim animations look just the first ones that came out with Lovers.

Really? What's so unique about Lovers? I may try it soon as I get my TB external drive

Lovers is a sex system just as complete as SexLab, but LAPF (imo) makes it better. Sexlabs have a rather limited number of animations, and most of them look really crude, just like the original Lovers animations. LAPF has a TON of animations for every possition (oral, doggy, cowgirl, missionary) and even stuff like handjob and footjob animations, and varied animations for each monster. Also the animations a lot more fluid, like the kind you would see in H games.

Meh, IMO Lovers is better than SexLab. Most Skyrim animations look just the first ones that came out with Lovers.

Really? What's so unique about Lovers? I may try it soon as I get my TB external drive

Lovers is a sex system just as complete as SexLab, but LAPF (imo) makes it better. Sexlabs have a rather limited number of animations, and most of them look really crude, just like the original Lovers animations. LAPF has a TON of animations for every possition (oral, doggy, cowgirl, missionary) and even stuff like handjob and footjob animations, and varied animations for each monster. Also the animations a lot more fluid, like the kind you would see in H games.

I agree :)

Well good sir, you may have gave me a reason to go back to playing Oblivion again.

Not to mention, thanks to Skyrims test drive with its recent features, I think the texture mods for Oblivion will be handled just fine.

I love Skyrim and all, but I mainly mod it than I do play it. Only because you NEED to add stuff in order to expand the games interest. Oblivion though, so much to do. And you can be god

• 2 months later...

I think Oblivion has  a decent range of sex mods, personally tried out Sexlivion (ok), Sexdarkness (pretty good), Estrus (great animation but a bit 'rapey'), basic instincts (simple but does the trick)  and am going to try out lapd with a couple of plugins next. The only issue I have with some is the clear 'clipping' in sex animations, which I am hoping the tcl console command will sort out.

The only sex acts that i would like in a mod, that seem not to be in any existing mods, are yuri (pure girl on girl mod) and a threesome lapd plugin would work for me.

Can't comment on the quality of skyrims' sex mods, but all the same I think Oblivion is well blessed with sex mods.

Shameless plug beginning:

Try the LAPF and enjoy "clipping free" animations.  The entire set of 142 animations was loving overhauled by some of the most talented animators here at LL.  Nusbie, Kasimir, Donkey, ThatOne, all contributed.  I spent right at a year feverishly working in a dark, dank, leaky basement to bring out the most perversely perfected group of animations.  You can see the thread that this abomination was birthed in (fair warning, it is NOT for the faint of heart):  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/18277-lovers-animations-workshop-new-thread/

Lovers Creatures 2.0 is still rough and has some crappy animations that are barely aligned.  That overhaul project is ongoing and taking much longer as I don't have a 1/100th of the free time I used to.  

Thanks to Erc1971 you can even have a pictorial guide of what the animations look like:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/8232-the-daedra-sutra-lovers-with-pk-animation-collection/

Shameless plug end.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Skyrim doesn't have a ton of sex mods with as much depth as Oblivion does in my opinion. I like dirty skyrim, but it's as if most mods are plugins for devious devices (not conting excellent projects such as captured dreams, which is my favorite). But then again, many awesome goodies are in development anyway, such as the already mentioned captured dreams and trapped in rubber.

It's undeniable that Skyrim has More mods than Oblivion, and this is even true for the amount of sexlabs mods, hell just head over to the nexus and compare the total amount of files Skyrim has compared to Oblivion and Morrowind.

But I think it's somewhat rude to come here and say that Oblivion doesn't have as many "good" sex mods as Skyrim. The modders here have put a lot of work and effort into these mods and this topic was somewhat of an insult to their tireless efforts.

Does anyone remember Lovers and Legends for Morrowind? It had even less then Oblivion but it was still a quality mod that helped shape the future for other TES games. We should respect the mods that people have made for the games, not bash them because there isn't has much as other games.

Archived