[Abandoned] Devious Device - More Devious Quest

May have found a issue with one of the jobs was on the cooking job but after cooking a dozen or more items at a cooking pot it never advanced. I rune realistic needs and desises and i think it prevented me from advancing due to this mod not recognizing the items ill try again later on other cooking items.

I'm sorry, the description isn't much clear about it, you should use the give item in your inventory, not cooking random things, you should have a misc object named "[DW] *something*" and you should click on this in your inventory when near to a cooking point :)

Ok thank you i didn't even look in my inventory next time i'm up to messing around with it if the cooking option shows then ill do it. I hope you can find someone who speaks your language or can at least figure out what your trying to say with the in game comments and with youre mod post here so things are clearer/make more sense soon. Good job on it though even with the poor grammar i'm able to understand what they're saying and its making the game a bit more immersive for me so far.

Neat mod, adds a lot to DDi when the NPC's react to the devices.

I have two slaves with me from the sexlab sex slaves mod and they are both exhibistionist on arousal but they seem to consider themselves clothed when they don't seem clothed to me :) which slots does the mod check?

Pic of what their wearing and the slots used

2014_12_13_00001.jpg

2014_12_13_00002.jpg

My understanding of the description was that if they are exhibitionists in SLA, they won't cover themselves or do anything special while naked.

Maybe what they mean is that often the regular comments seem to take precedence over the subtitles from this mod, so if someone nearby is speaking you cannot read the dialogue between player and NPC. Especially if there is a ****ing bard who won't stop singing Ragnar the Red. (This mod made me get so frustrated that I console killed Mikael in Whiterun).

-------------

But only certain NPCs will give the jobs, so not all masters will give the jobs, right? I think the new SD is supposed to be easy to make plugins for, so hopefully you (or somebody else, if you give permission) could write a plugin for that mod that lets masters assign the jobs, and lets these jobs increase the Owner's disposition in SD+. 

But anyway, the mod as it is is really amazing. I am impressed that a mod like this appeared here without even showing up as a beta. Usually it takes months of mods been broken and fixed and broken again before they are really playable, but this one seems flawless right out of the gate. Great job.

Yes,  side problem is that the mod is very verbose, so you could get some problem reading the comment, I was thinking about a "queque" feature that will not allow multiple mechanic activate all at once (there's also a light system about this, but as I said it could be improved), but consider that mostly depend by you setting (if you put, for example DCN and SMN at 100% probability and 0 delay you'll get every 30 second 2 scene, and you'll probably get spammed)

I've also a private mod that make Heimskr explode... the macro button was consumed during the alphatest...

----

Uhm.. Yes you're right, the SD master should be brigant, so they're not merchant/Innkeeper/jarlAssistant, so there's a logical problem here XD

Also what you can gain with the DW could free you from the SD+ very quickly...

Ok, I take a look to the SD+, and maybe hear Skyrimll to find a good compromise, but not now, as said the bug fix have the priority for now :)

By the way tnx for the suggestion, I hadn't thought about it :P

In fact this IS a beta, but I get a long alphatest period :P

I'm glad you like it :)

Neat mod, adds a lot to DDi when the NPC's react to the devices.

I have two slaves with me from the sexlab sex slaves mod and they are both exhibistionist on arousal but they seem to consider themselves clothed when they don't seem clothed to me :) which slots does the mod check?

Pic of what their wearing and the slots used

Uhm.. yes... they doesn't seem very clothed also to me XD

This mod will NOT check the layer/slot/etc, this mod will check the keywords of an item, that is for a compatibility need related to the DD and Xaz works (so the future update from this mod will be, mostly, automatically accepted from my mod).

It is possible that one or more of that item that they wear are keyworder as Armorcuirass, Armorclothing, Armorhelmet, clothinghead (I think the first, in the Labia exciter), So my mod think that is dressed.

It is normal as said in the Faq section of the description, i'm sorry, also the cloak will give this 'problem' (but with a cloak you could at least consider covered).

I haven't downloaded this mod so far (Occupied to test mine), so I couldn't exactly say what item is giving you the problem, neither giving you a solution that I know will not create other issues.

For now I suggest to try to remove the items and see if my mod do his work, Meanwhile I give a look to the Sex Slaves mod...

EDIT:

I've give a look to the SL Sex Slaves mod, and I dindn't find the item that you placed on you follower, from what mod they comes from?

If you're used to the Creation kit check what keyword they have, but i'm pretty sure that is a 'bad' keyword assignment (It happends, thare's also some vanilla object that are bad keyworded)

EDIT FOR AVOID DOUBLEPOST:

May have found a issue with one of the jobs was on the cooking job but after cooking a dozen or more items at a cooking pot it never advanced. I rune realistic needs and desises and i think it prevented me from advancing due to this mod not recognizing the items ill try again later on other cooking items.

I'm sorry, the description isn't much clear about it, you should use the give item in your inventory, not cooking random things, you should have a misc object named "[DW] *something*" and you should click on this in your inventory when near to a cooking point :)

Ok thank you i didn't even look in my inventory next time i'm up to messing around with it if the cooking option shows then ill do it. I hope you can find someone who speaks your language or can at least figure out what your trying to say with the in game comments and with youre mod post here so things are clearer/make more sense soon. Good job on it though even with the poor grammar i'm able to understand what they're saying and its making the game a bit more immersive for me so far.

Feel you free to suggest a better way to formulate phrases, this mod is in beta for this :)

Fix:

My mean is make a standalone version for FOS.

I don't use Devious series mod.

Sorry I'm poor in English.

No problem, where in the same situation :P

Ok, a standalone version of FOS, got it.

You'll understand that isn't a priority, because first of all I want to finalize this mod (languare and bug fix), after that if requested  I could do a light version that require only SL

Alternative solution:

-You could download the DD assest and integration, they're framework and they will not modify your game if another mod didn't place it in game, then you could disable the part of my mod that will actually use it (or they will run for nothing, consuming resources)

Not 100% sure why it happens, but More Devious Quest seems to turn brawlers hostile (like when you see when you enter the Companions hall for the first time). Another time an Imperial patrol just attacked me in the wilderness for no reason. It doesn't happen if I turn MDQ off.

Not 100% sure why it happens, but More Devious Quest seems to turn brawlers hostile (like when you see when you enter the Companions hall for the first time). Another time an Imperial patrol just attacked me in the wilderness for no reason. It doesn't happen if I turn MDQ off.

Yes, is the standard Brawl Bug, I've the standard fix so I've not thinked about include it in the mod (because it doesn't happend to me), You find it on the nexus as 'Brawl bugs Patch', let me know if it works :)

what is your natural language ?

the mod Looks very interesting, some things like the comments from npcs about the characters Situation have been performed in oblivion, but not in skyrim.

i am especially interested in that part where the character can make Money by using devices. can you describe this a bit more please. do you include devices like x cross, wooden horse, wheel, chains, etc ?

Sorry, I've missed your post.

The system, for now, only works with equippable devices, so DD and Zaz restrain that could be equipped in the standard way, I have some idea for the "forniture restrains" (real pillory, Pole etc), but for now there's only scratch.

Also with any other "devices" that use the Zaz / DD keyword system (like Aradia DD compatible)

There's some light difference between Zaz and DD for their nature

DD device in general will not force your player to an offset (except for the armbinder) so they're considered "hiddable device" (Head or body)

Some DD device are non hiddable for some reason: The slave/pony boots or the armbinder, so they're classified as "other device"

Most of the Zaz device instead are not "logically hiddable" because they force the character in a different position/couldn't be wear under another armor/clothing, like Yoke, hoods etc.

Another difference is that the DD devices are locked on the character, the Zaz not...

I should talk with Xaz about using X-cross Pillory etc....

I should have mentioned it, I already have the brawl patch installed, it doesn't help. I tried playing with the load order too, putting it before and after MDQ, no luck. It also doesn't explain why the patrols go hostile on me.

Uhm... that's strange, never happend to me, also this mod will not modify nothing related to vanilla faction...

It happend after you do something specific? Or you have just installed the mod without  do anything?

Ok, I'll give a look in the code, but I've already an idea...

Just to know: did you have any mod that modify the stormcloack prisoner?

And you should make some test for me:

-Load the game before the encounter, Disable FameOfSlut and retry with the patrol

-Load the game before the encounter, Disable SanguineTraining and retry with the patrol

-Load the game before the encounter, Disable FOS and ST and retry with the patrol

Not long ago, I had dreamed about a mod like this, which the main focus would be to increase the immersiveness of others devious mods and adding comments/dialogues of NPCs about our devious adventures.

I tested and found it very fun, thank you so much.

Two questions:

1) Do you have any intention to add some specific dialogues/interactions for followers and love partner?

2) Would you be interested in participating in a discussion with other DD modders to help each other?

Not long ago, I had dreamed about a mod like this, which the main focus would be to increase the immersiveness of others devious mods and adding comments/dialogues of NPCs about our devious adventures.

I tested and found it very fun, thank you so much.

Two questions:

1) Do you have any intention to add some specific dialogues/interactions for followers and love partner?

2) Would you be interested in participating in a discussion with other DD modders to help each other?

Glad that you like it :)

About the first question: the follower (and the lover partner follower) are already considered in DC and ST (and also activable for DCN, FOSNpc and SMN).

The "simple" Partner are not, but I've no problem to add specify mechanic to them, AFTER fixing the mod so far.

I've open to suggestion and ideas

About the second: Sure I am intrested, I'm already on contact with Min and I'll join your group soon, I guess.

@versh: Disabling Sanguine Training resolves both the patrol and the Jorrvaskr brawl, thanks :)

Damn you XD

ghgh

Glad you find the problem ;)

Damn me? Why? I did the test you asked me to do...

Sorry just a joke, wasn't meant to be offensive :)

I've spend 30 minutes to search for a Imperial patrol around the map and I couldn't find any and it wasn't necessary :)

No problem men, sorry my english isn't good :P

Even though I like the idea, though one thing I was not sure about.

Do I really need to install "More Nasty Creatures" for the mod to work?

No you don't need it, this mod is fully playable without any creature activity and start with all the beastiality option DEACTIVE.

Mine error about and old function that I didn't remember that i've already fixed, I update the description now.

Tnx for the question :P

Can this mod be temporarily deactivated? I ask especially if you are in a prison overhaul scene, since it might break with this mod.

Description just sounds great.

It is a modular mod: you could deactivate a single mechanic, or all the mechanic via MCM.

If you deselect the Esp you shouldn't have any problem but some value will be resetted (like the Player fame), by the way you SHOULDN'T disable the esp in the middle of a scene or a quest (like the DW)

It should also be possible for modders to exclude specific npc from being selected, Like the Jailer in Prison overhaul or Master from Captured dreams Shop or Olava :P

If you need just to stop for a while (like the prison time for Prision overhaul, or during a Scene, vanilla or not) I suggest you to deactivate by the MCM and the mod will stop itself in about ten seconds...

The Location are based on the Base location system, so All the cell marked as Whiterun location will work as Whiterun fame location, The city, the shop, the around of the city... During the alpha test I've noticed that even High Hrothgar is considered "Whiterun Location", so I had to manually exclude (High Hrotgar Doesn't keep any fame track)...

So if, for example, you make a Playerhome mod, and put that to solitude but mark his location as Whiterun, this will give/take fame from whiterun

I cannot precisely respond about 'How far' the roads are considered Holds and what are not, that depends on the single Cell info, But I can make an option that tell in what region you are.

I can add any type of reputation, It isn't a problem, but in that case I need a complete set of line of dialogue, if you're intrested let me know :)

Noticed the Fame part of MCM menu shows the reputation, so I guess that can serve as letting the player know what reputation the PC has, would be nice if it also tell us what list it is pulling from, Whiterun, Winterhold, Solitude, Road, etc. But that's not too important in the grand scheme of things.

An message update on the top right corner might be too verbose and too much clutter.

Although I am having issue with using the Sanguine Spell, casting it on followers yield a message along the line of Subject is not serving, but they are following me around. Casting on followers when they aren't following correctly yield the message about it only works when they are following.

I set the arousal required to very low.

Using AFT to manage followers, is that where conflict lies?

Can this mod be temporarily deactivated? I ask especially if you are in a prison overhaul scene, since it might break with this mod.

It is a modular mod: you could deactivate a single mechanic, or all the mechanic via MCM.

If you deselect the Esp you shouldn't have any problem but some value will be resetted (like the Player fame), by the way you SHOULDN'T disable the esp in the middle of a scene or a quest (like the DW)

It should also be possible for modders to exclude specific npc from being selected, Like the Jailer in Prison overhaul or Master from Captured dreams Shop or Olava :P

If you need just to stop for a while (like the prison time for Prision overhaul, or during a Scene, vanilla or not) I suggest you to deactivate by the MCM and the mod will stop itself in about ten seconds...

Great, that's what i meant, an MCM setting to deactivate the mechanics for a while. Glad to hear it's already in, installing now :)

Great, that's what i meant, an MCM setting to deactivate the mechanics for a while. Glad to hear it's already in, installing now :)

i recognized this as a big plus of the mod. this way you can allow the comments only in those game phases, when you really wear devices.