Converting Robert's UV map to TGND

nakakita

I use/like TGND. But Roberts Female has a nice UV map, and after fighting with trying to get a few tattoos to work/not warp, I'm wondering if it's even feasible to try and remap the TGND body to Robert's UV. I tried messing with the UV in nifscope, and I was able to get some bits to line up without too much trouble.. but I'm not exactly sure if I can get it to work for everything else. Especially the arms. And I've currently forgotten how to mess with UVs in blender.

So, yeah, is this possible? Has anyone done this before? And if it isn't possible, is it possible to get tattoos to work on TGND without weird warping/is there a way to make symmetrical back tattoos NOT a nightmare? I can get pictures if someone wants them.

You can try gerra6's clothing converter, the conversion process leaves the uv mostly intact.

Don't forget to turn off strict seams, unless you really want your converted mesh to work well with unconverted RF.

It's not a perfect body converter (I tend to get wrinkly armpits and twisted nipples when I converted hgec into Roberts male for my female argonian) and it might change the uv a bit, but even if you're a perfectionist, at least it's a start.

You can find a thread on it in modders resources here on this site.

You might want to get the latest version from the kgtools link that thread has, especially if you do want to use strict seams

It is possible to use clothing converter to convert a Robert female model to any HGEC compatible model, but the result might not be too satisfactory because of their huge poly count difference. Especially around the butt and genital area will be a mess because Robert female uses much less polys for them.

Some time ago I hand-remapped a HGEC Ecup body to use Robert UV map. I then stopped the work for some reason, so this is not complete (may have some seam problems), but you may find this useful.

desktop.7z

It is possible to use clothing converter to convert a Robert female model to any HGEC compatible model, but the result might not be too satisfactory because of their huge poly count difference. Especially around the butt and genital area will be a mess because Robert female uses much less polys for them.

Some time ago I hand-remapped a HGEC Ecup body to use Robert UV map. I then stopped the work for some reason, so this is not complete (may have some seam problems), but you may find this useful.

attachicon.gifdesktop.7z

Are then any tutorials in how to remap A mesh? It's something I'd be interested to learn.

There is no magic spell in Blender. There may be in Max, so let's leave that to someone else who is pro at Max.

This UV remapping business is made of sheer anguish and grief. There are mainly two ways - sculpt the source UV mesh like the target mesh (clothing converter way) and remap the target mesh's UV (HGEC) like the source mesh (Robert), both are not too simple.

So the point when you chose the second way is to use the pin well. Firstly you need to replicate UV seams as similar as possible, and unwrap it. Use the UV coordinate pin function to replicate the original UV layout, and then adjust them using every trick you can think of to reduce UV distortions and seams.

attachicon.gifdesktop.7z

That's rather good and may be very useful. It's well known that Maxheartflan does some of the best textures for Roberts Male, but his textures for Roberts Female are also very good indeed. The only problem is that try as I might, I don't care for the Roberts Female meshes. Not femine enough for me I'm afraid.

I've just tried Your UVmapped mesh with some of Maxheartflan's Roberts Female textures.

In Nifskope they look superb. Easily the best I've ever seen!

So apparently there is a magic button of sorts in blender. But only the more recent versions. 2.6+

I haven't been able to get it to work though. I tried transferring the UV between TGND and Movomo's mesh. Nothing happened. But I might be doing it wrong. There have been several times when I haven't been able to get something to work with my copy of blender. Liking transferring weighting between meshes.

Thank you Symon. The mesh was intended to be a source for Gerra's UV conversion tool (if ever). which is apparently on hold at the moment.

So apparently there is a magic button of sorts in blender. But only the more recent versions. 2.6+

I haven't been able to get it to work though. I tried transferring the UV between TGND and Movomo's mesh. Nothing happened. But I might be doing it wrong. There have been several times when I haven't been able to get something to work with my copy of blender. Liking transferring weighting between meshes.

Cool feature in the later versions of Blender. But hey... it's a bit fast to rejoice. Similar thing already exist in 2.4, actually.

You can copy a UV Map from one mesh to another Mesh provided both meshes have the same geometry/vertex order.

Identical vertex order is something can't be achieved between TGND and HGEC E cup mesh, because they are different by nature. For example TGND upperbody has 3793 verts while most of HGEC-ish upperbody has 3321 verts. (Note that even if the vert counts are the same it doesn't necessarily mean that they have the same vertex order)

That "magic" button is to create a battery of UV maps for a single mesh. This "identical vertex order" means that every last vertex in the two meshes has been created in exactly the same order. Any radical change on the mesh - such as removing doubles, subdivision, subsurfing, sometimes even importing/exporting, could drive vertex order into chaos.

I don't intend to discourage you, though. I would recommend running clothing converter with HGEC and TGND.. it should generate a better result than Robert and TGND. When run the tool you must disable the UV search setting.

Converting it from Robertized E to TGND sorta works, but there's a couple interesting trouble spots. The converter always does wrists badly. (Didn't screw up the ankles this time surprisingly). And the stomach and nipples are all messed up. I wonder if changing the settings will help. I used the default settings apart from turning UV search and strict seams off. And I noticed there's still some warping, so it isn't even going to help for the original problem of tattoos getting all screwed up.  :dodgy:

post-26828-0-22504000-1418541500_thumb.png

post-26828-0-21579800-1418541507_thumb.png

There will be warping and other weird things when trying to convert 2 different bodies with 2 different UV maps some come out looking alright while others can come out looking weird. Some also depends on the meshes some meshes just don't not convert well. I think the old exem body is like that. I tried to convert the armor that had that body in it and it converted but didn't convert really well and you could see areas that didn't convert as much as it should of. 

Dayum. We're stumped then.

My opinion is... it's simple if the naked body mesh is the only thing you want to convert. You could just load the converted body into Blender and do pretty much anything to your heart's content. The problem is, you can't do the same on all the TGND outfits out there without an automatic solution.

I'll get the UV conversion library built one of these days.

It looks like I'll probably need to update my Blender tools first though. I need to generate some extremely high quality body to body conversions that I can then use to define the UV type to UV type libraries.

And for that, I think I'll need a combination of sculpt mode and an Blender version of my vertex to surface matching algorithm.

The fun never ends.

Getting back to the main topic by the way...

Did you try setbody reloaded?

I've repaired many body meshes and their UV maps including TGND, and by pure chance, TGND fix demonstration picture is in the download page.

If you haven't, click the link in my signature and see. There are 4 pictures in the spoiler.

Archived