View File

This is a utility program I wrote to add to the functionality of the awesome mod, Apropos, http://www.loverslab.../28123-apropos/

This utility started out as a autohotkey script, to allow for better readable text overlays for Apropos. So instead of the ingame notification messages, with it's sometimes unreadable speeds, you get a text which looks more like the subtitles during normal conversation.

It works by showing the texts in an always on top overlay window from a tray program which continually reads the apropos descriptions from the Apropos log file.

Later I added some extra features:

- it keeps a history of the last used lines in the game, and shows these in a list which allows these to be quickly opened in a text editor for editing.

- I added some text to speech functionality, which reads the apropos lines out loud with any voice you have installed on your system.

- wrote some functions to allow as of yet unsupported animations from apropos to work in the overlay, for now only FF.

- added JSON parser function to check for errors in database files.

getting it to work requires you so set some things up, in skyrim, apropos, and in its settings.ini file. This can be a bit tricky if you don't know what's what. so here's a 'way to in-depth' guide:

Installation:

Extract all files into a folder, don't run from the zipfile:)

if you want to use the option to turn off the apropos messages and only the ones from this, also unzip the apropos patch archive into your skyrim dir. or use NMM and overwrite files, or use MO. (btw. patch is for version 20141018 of apropos no idea if it will work in future/past versions)

Operation:

The program (Apropos Utility.exe) once started resides in your tray menu, it has a right click menu for some toggle settings, a link to the 'settings.ini' file and a 'Reload' option (use reload to apply any changes in the settings file). 'View history' or left clicking the tray icon will open the history and voice settings. And the Exit button exits the program.

Setting it up:

Text Overlay:

first off, to get the text overlay to work, you need to run skyrim in fullscreen windowed mode.

With 'onetweak', an skse plugin for borderless fullscreen, you hardly notice the difference between fullscreen windowed and fullscreen mode. http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/40706/? .

It also fixes the double mouse cursor problem and allows you to alt-tab in and out of the game without waiting ages. you have to set the BorderlessWindow = true flag in the onetweak.ini file for the overlay to work. (don't set skyrim to 'windowed' in the launcher, it's not necessary if you use onetweak)

to get my program to read the apropos logs, you need to do 5 things: (see last screenshot for settings)

1. check if logging is enabled in the skyrim.ini file.

2. enable 'enable debug messages' in the Apropos MCM.

3. enable 'enable detailed trace messages' in the Apropos MCM.

4. There are 2 options depending on if you used the patch to disable apropos mesages:

-no patch option) disable 'break messages into segments' in the Apropos MCM.

-with patch option) enable 'break messages into segments' in the Apropos MCM, and set 'segment lenght' to 25 characters.

5. specify the path to the apropos log in the settings.ini file of this utility.

* you can test the overlay by pressing, ctrl+alt+t,

* you can change the text location during the test by pressing, ctrl+shift+ {up / down / left / right - arrows}

* you can change font size with Ctrl+Shift+Alt + {up / down }

* you can change change opacity with Ctrl+Shift+Alt + {left / right}

* ctrl+shift+t toggles the overlay on and off, also during the game.

* there are a lot more settings for the text, such as displaytime, font styles, alignment, disable/change fading. etc. in the ini file. open it and read the comments. (change the font type to something else if you don't have Futura installed, or to match your font replacer in skyrim)

Text History:

To get the sentence history to work check these lines in settings.ini:

1. enable the setting, 'searchfiles', it should be, searchfiles= 1;

2. add the path to your text editor .exe file, notepad_path=

3. specify the directory of your apropos db, its in *skyrimpath*/data/apropos/db. apropos_db=

(or when using MO, just, *MOfolder*/mods/*aproposfolder*/db

* you can open the history by clicking the tray icon, or by pressing, ctrl+shift+o.

* you can check to see if you set the right ini settings for the notepad, db and log paths by clicking, 'open log file' and 'Synonyms file' in this window. These should both open in your specified text editor.

TTS:

to get text to speech to work:

1. have some text to speech voices installed, windows usually comes with some options. I recommend, http://www.ivona.com/en/voices/ , because these sound great.

2. open the utility by clicking the tray icon, ignore the message, that voices don't exist.

3. change all voices on the right side to ones available on your system.

* you can toggle voices on and off, from the right click menu of the tray icon, or by pressing, ctrl+shift+v

* you can change voice volume up and down by pressing, ctrl+shift+ {- / =}

* check the ini file for more options, such as pitch, speech rate, volume offsets.

Any sentences starting with (You ... ) will be said by femalevoice ( change female voice to a male voice if you play male char. ) any lines starting, with (....) will be said by male voice (same, change to female voice if you play a male char.). all other lines by narrator.

to force narrator, check 'always narrator' in the util. To change the narrator voice saying '(xxxx Says)' change, Xsays = 0 or 1, in the settings.ini.

to use voiced parts, you need a db with lines starting with the (you Say) / ({ACTIVE} says).

The one I use is in the download, all credits to decauk for the original lines. It still has a lot of errors, I'm sure. I try to correct them as I play.

Also this feature will break when the lesbian, gay, functions will be added to apropos, since {active} can by either gender, (I'll try to fix it when it's released)

Not working?:

The above covers all difficulties I could think off, but maybe I forgot something. I haven't tried it on any other install so let me know if it doesn't work as expected, and please attach your apropos.0.log file. it makes trouble shooting 10 times easier.

check this forum topic, your question might be answered there.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34407-estelles-apropos-utility-for-text-overlay-quick-text-edits-tts-and-f-f-support-wip/

Credits:

gooser: for building the awesome Apropos Mod

decauk: for the huge description database

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/04/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Apropos and it's requirements
  • Special Edition Compatible

This sounds awesome but to get shadowplay to hook on my game I have to have it in fullscreen mode :(

yes borderless windowed isn't perfect, you can still use the voice option;)

I hope gooser adds a proper skyui text widget and FF support to apropos so this workaround will not be needed.

You will also lose some fps (~5) by running windowed, which might be an issue for some lower spec. pcs, also in-game gamma settings will not work, which might be an issue for some enb users.

nevertheless even when not using the overlay/voice option, it's a good tool to have if you want to edit the apropos database texts.

My problem seems to be that I cant get an apropos.0.log to generate maybe it has something to do with Mod Organizer?

you don't have to run this through MO, (just choose database directory in your ../MO/mods/apropos/db folder) 

I think, you prob. just forgot to enable logging in skyrim.ini (this you have to do in the ini editor of MO)

or didn't enable logging in the apropos mcm.

read first part of guide again, (I added the part in spoilers from my original post, for clarity).

My problem seems to be that I cant get an apropos.0.log to generate maybe it has something to do with Mod Organizer?

you don't have to run this through MO, (just choose database directory in your ../MO/mods/apropos/db folder) 

I think, you prob. just forgot to enable logging in skyrim.ini (this you have to do in the ini editor of MO)

or didn't enable logging in the apropos mcm.

read first part of guide again, (I added the part in spoilers from my original post, for clarity).

Thanks it terns out I did not enable bEnableTrace or bLoadDebugInformation and that was my problem.

Hello

when validationg DB files I got

First window pops : Invalid JSON Format - arousal.txt

Second : Unexpected B - syn,alias,overwiew.txt

At the end there is a window that says : Done 798 files parsed, 2 errors found

Synonyms.txt

{
"{BOOBS}" :
[
"tits",
"tits",
"breasts",
"breasts",
"boobs",
"boobs"
],
"{ASS}" :
[
"ass",
"ass",
"ass",
"ass",
"ass",
"anus",
"arse",
"butt",
"butt",
"rectum",
"backside",
"backside",
"asshole",
"asshole",
"back-door",
"back-door",
"shitter",
"ass"
],
"{COCK}" :
[
"dick",
"dick",
"cock",
"cock",
"cock",
"cock",
"cock",
"prick",
"prick"
],
"{PENIS}" :
[
"dick",
"dick",
"dick",
"cock",
"cock",
"cock",
"cock",
"penis",
"prick",
"prick",
"penis",
"penis",
"thing",
"thing",
"organ",
"length",
"member"
],
"{PUSSY}" :
[
"pussy",
"pussy",
"pussy",
"pussy",
"pussy",
"pussy",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"twat",
"vagina",
"hole",
"fuck-hole",
"fuck-hole",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"cunt"
],
"{MOUTH}" :
[
"mouth",
"throat",
"mouth",
"mouth",
"mouth"
],
"{WHORE}" :
[
"whore",
"whore",
"slut",
"slut",
"slut",
"harlot",
"cocksucker",
"cumslut",
"cumslut",
"cockwhore",
"cockwhore",
"fucktoy",
"kinky bitch",
"pervert",
"freak",
"tart",
"cum rag",
"cock slave",
"cum dump",
"bad girl",
"dirty slut",
"filthy slut",
"submissive bitch",
"needy bitch",
"horny bitch",
"cock-hungry slut",
"cum-hungry slut"
],
"{BITCH}" :
[
"whore",
"whore",
"whore",
"slut",
"slut",
"slut",
"slut",
"harlot",
"bitch",
"bitch",
"cocksucker",
"cumslut",
"cumslut",
"girlie",
"girl",
"girl",
"girl",
"cunt",
"cunt",
"woman",
"woman",
"slattern",
"dogfucker",
"beastfucker",
"cockwhore",
"fucktoy",
"sex slave",
"tart",
"skank",
"slattern",
"cum rag",
"animal",
"cock slave",
"shiteater",
"cum dump"
],
"{BUGCOCK}" :
[
"appendage",
"organ",
"proboscis",
"tube",
"prick",
"shaft",
"bug-cock",
"phallus"
],
"{HUGE}" :
[
"huge",
"huge",
"erect",
"throbbing",
"filthy",
"thick",
"thick",
"fat",
"fat",
"massive",
"pulsing",
"hard",
"stiff",
"raging",
"wonderful",
"rock-hard",
"perfect",
"unwashed",
"engorged",
"veiny",
"gargantuan",
"gigantic",
"smooth",
"hairy",
"nasty",
"hairy",
"twitching"
],
"{TASTY}" :
[
"huge",
"erect",
"throbbing",
"filthy",
"filthy",
"stinking",
"stinking",
"sweaty",
"sweaty",
"thick",
"fat",
"pulsing",
"hard",
"stiff",
"raging",
"wonderful",
"tasty",
"tasty",
"salty",
"salty",
"dirty",
"nasty",
"angry looking"
],
"{SALTY}" :
[
"huge",
"erect",
"throbbing",
"filthy",
"filthy",
"stinking",
"stinking",
"sweaty",
"sweaty",
"thick",
"fat",
"pulsing",
"hard",
"stiff",
"raging",
"salty",
"salty",
"dirty",
"rank",
"shit covered",
"piss covered",
"angry looking",
"nasty",
"disgusting",
"revolting"

],
"{DEAD}" :
[
"rotting",
"oozing",
"vile",
"decaying",
"decomposing",
"fetid",
"gross",
"slimy",
"squirming",
"maggot filled",
"maggot ridden",
"worm filled",
"infested",
"unclean",
"foul",
"unholy",
"slime coated",
"putrid",
"horrific",
"diseased",
"rank",
"grotesque",
"rancid",
"putrefying",
"disgusting"
],
"{SLIMY}" :
[
"disgusting",
"oozing",
"vile",
"worm filled",
"cold",
"fetid",
"gross",
"slimy",
"squirming",
"maggot filled",
"maggot ridden",
"infested",
"unclean",
"living",
"unholy",
"foul",
"putrid",
"viscous",
"rancid",
"wriggling",
"thick"
],
"{BEAST}" :
[
"inhuman",
"strange",
"colossal",
"lewd",
"massive",
"thick",
"unclean",
"throbbing",
"pulsing",
"raging",
"stinking",
"swollen",
"massive",
"dirty",
"bloated",
"immense",
"filthy",
"strange",
"dripping",
"monstrous",
"glistening",
"huge",
"fat",
"hot",
"slimy",
"rock-hard",
"wonderful",
"horrific",
"perfect",
"pulsating",
"engorged",
"oversized"
],
"{THICK}" :
[
"thick",
"thick",
"thick",
"red hot",
"red hot",
"hot",
"hot",
"hot",
"potent",
"potent",
"warm",
"slimy",
"stinking",
"sloppy",
"steaming",
"sticky"
],
"{JUICY}" :
[
"thick",
"thick",
"hot",
"hot",
"tasty",
"tasty",
"sour tasting",
"disgusting",
"slimy",
"salty",
"salty",
"delicious",
"delicious",
"juicy",
"pungent",
"stinking",
"sloppy",
"sweet",
"tangy",
"vile",
"rich",
"revolting"
],
"{VILE}" :
[
"thick",
"thick",
"hot",
"hot",
"sour tasting",
"disgusting",
"disgusting",
"slimy",
"salty",
"salty",
"pungent",
"stinking",
"stinking",
"sloppy",
"tangy",
"vile",
"revolting",
"revolting",
"horrible"
],
"{SLOPPY}" :
[
"thick",
"thick",
"hot",
"hot",
"disgusting",
"slimy",
"heavy",
"sticky",
"sticky",
"watery",
"glistening",
"pungent",
"stinking",
"sloppy",
"sloppy",
"steaming",
"ropey"
],
"{HEAVING}" :
[
"heaving",
"heaving",
"round",
"naked",
"bare",
"exposed",
"exposed",
"jiggling",
"sensitive",
"puffy",
"big",
"firm",
"firm",
"bouncing",
"full",
"full",
"ripe",
"pert",
"perky",
"sexy",
"flushed",
"sweaty",
"whorish",
"generous",
"swelling",
"beautiful",
"youthful",
"soft"
],
"{STRAPON}" :
[
"strap-on",
"strap-on",
"strap-on",
"cock",
"cock",
"toy",
"toy",
"phallus",
"rod"
],
"{SOLID}" :
[
"solid",
"thick",
"thick",
"huge",
"huge",
"artificial",
"fake",
"fat",
"huge",
"stiff",
"rock hard",
"rigid",
"scary",
"unmoving",
"hard",
"glistening",
"bumpy",
"slick",
"oiled",
"cold",
"cold",
"greased",
"monstrous",
"wide",
"rough",
"slimy",
"ridged",
"strangely shaped"
],
"{CUM}" :
[
"cum",
"cum",
"cum",
"cum",
"cum",
"sperm",
"semen",
"jizz",
"jism",
"spunk",
"seed"
],
"{CREAM}" :
[
"pussy juice",
"pussy juice",
"pussy juice",
"fuck juice",
"cunt juice",
"cunt juice",
"cream",
"cream",
"juice",
"juice"
],
"{FUCK}" :
[
"fuck",
"plow",
"shag",
"screw",
"bang"
],
"{FUCKS}" :
[
"fucks",
"plows",
"shags",
"screws",
"bangs"
],
"{FUCKING}" :
[
"fucking",
"plowing",
"shagging",
"screwing",
"banging"
]
}

Arousal.txt

< 20 aroused = dry, barren unprepared limp, lifeless, flaccid
> 20 aroused = wet, damp ready enlarged, erect
> 40 aroused = slick, slippery eager firm, rigid, tense
> 60 aroused = drooling, dripping needy hard, stiff
> 80 aroused = slavering, gushing, slobbering desperate painfully hard, throbbing, rock hard

syn,alias,overwiew.txt

{BOOBS}
{ASS}
{COCK}
{PUSSY}
{MOUTH}
{CUM}
{CREAM}
{PUSSY_JUICE}
{SQUIRT}
{SQUIRTS}
{WET}
{FUCK}
{FUCKS}
{FUCKING}
{FUCKED}
{BUGCOCK}
{HUGE}
{TASTY}
{DEAD}
{SLIMY}
{BEAST}
{THICK}
{JUICY}
{SLOPPY}
{HEAVING}
{STRAPON}
{SOLID}
{SUCK}
{SUCKS}
{SUCKING}
{MOUTHFUCK}
{MOUTHFUCKED}
{MOUTHFUCKS}
{MOUTHFUCKING}
{BITCH}

When engaging in animation, text works perfectly, but when I use voice, game crashes, any ideas ??

Hello

When engaging in animation, text works perfectly, but when I use voice, game crashes, any ideas ??

Yes you can ignore those 2 errors, those two files are not supposed to be in json format.

you can actually delete the syn,alias,overview.txt file, it's not used by apropos, just an overview of available synonyms, for writing you own text.

I'm not sure about arousal.txt. it might be a leftover file from an old version of apropos. since Arousal_Descriptors.txt contains the json for the arousal states. but it might be used in some other part of apropos. you can always try moving it to another directory and see if everything still works. or just ignore that error.

regarding, voice, I never experienced the game actually crashing because of voice, I do know the utility itself can crash when you haven't changed the voice options to ones that are available on your system. (you have to do this if you want to use voice, as the defaults most likely will not work)

you can test the selected voices outside of game with ctrl+alt+t. 

Hello

Yes you can ignore those 2 errors, those two files are not supposed to be in json format.

you can actually delete the syn,alias,overview.txt file, it's not used by apropos, just an overview of available synonyms, for writing you own text.

I'm not sure about arousal.txt. it might be a leftover file from an old version of apropos. since Arousal_Descriptors.txt contains the json for the arousal states. but it might be used in some other part of apropos. you can always try moving it to another directory and see if everything still works. or just ignore that error.

regarding, voice, I never experienced the game actually crashing because of voice, I do know the utility itself can crash when you haven't changed the voice options to ones that are available on your system. (you have to do this if you want to use voice, as the defaults most likely will not work)

you can test the selected voices outside of game with ctrl+alt+t. 

actualy I just resolved it. The problem was ( checked ) always narrator option :) So its fine :)

QGREP-Processes

I played for it for some time and it works great now. But there is one thing bothering me. After some time the fan of my PC is getting quite loud. So I checked the active processes running and discovered five QGREP processes. After killing the processes all got quite again. I am not sure if these a created by the utility, but i have no other stuff running than Skyrim. Is it possible that processes are not shut down correctly?

Thx in advance.

QGREP-Processes

I played for it for some time and it works great now. But there is one thing bothering me. After some time the fan of my PC is getting quite loud. So I checked the active processes running and discovered five QGREP processes. After killing the processes all got quite again. I am not sure if these a created by the utility, but i have no other stuff running than Skyrim. Is it possible that processes are not shut down correctly?

Thx in advance.

Yes the qgrep are part of this application, they search apropos database files for the lines. if they dont terminate this usually happens when you have set the wrong directory for the database in the settings.ini and it can't find any lines. but this should be fixed in version 0.4.1, I'll try some more tests, to see if my fix worked.

update is online:)

changelog:

v 0.4.2
- hopefully finally fixed the QGREP problem, so now database search really times out if nothing is found, (so no more QGREP hogging all your cpu if descriptions aren't found in database)
- pressing alt+f12 will shift focus to overlay, so hotkeys for third party screenshot apps will register, then it will send the hotkey ctrl+alt+f12. I use screenshot program picpick and configured it to use ctrl+alt+f12 as screenshot hotkey. (only program I could find that got the overlay to appear on screenshots.)

Hiiii !

:heart:

Excellent mod ! I could'nt get the text overlay at the centre to work though.....It still shows in the upper-left corner as in the default apropos...But...Im not Complaining...everything else seems to be working ...I Especially Loved the Text to Speech option !!! Brilliant !!!! [ now...i can actually concentrate on the sex animation rather than reading the text :P ]...Also...Your mod Description is what directed me to IVONA voices ...Man !!! It is a Whole new Dimension for me !!! Im still running this on Microsoft Anna At the moment...can't wait to explore the IVONA voices.... :D

A little concern.....I think the CPU usage increases when the Utility is running [ I use a laptop...a sony Vaio E-series..not too high-end...8GB RAM..512MB video memory]...Do you think running this Utility could prove Dangerous for a laptop ? [ :s I would really LOVE to have this on though...]....

Thanks again for this Excellent Utility !

Hi, thank you for the utility!  I have everything working and running perfectly but am having a fps problem.  When using the utility my fps ranges from 20-25, when I turn it off the fps jumps up to 45-50, which seems like a pretty big hit.  Is that normal?  Would love to use this but can't really play as it is.  Thank you for your work on this though!  :heart:

D/n work 4 me.    Does it need 2 b somewhere special to work?  Tried a few places.   No ini change option in exe.  Loads and says "Error: Can't load icon"  Specifically: apropos icon"  I get no config options xcpt shut off hotkeys, pause script exit.  Cannot tell it where to go for log, I guess, so no overlay ever.  All Apropos MCM OK, and Skyrim,ini logs and traces OK.  Onetweak works I guess cuz fullscreen after alt enter then esc, better than SBW which was not giving fullscreen unless threw things at it and gave angry looks (mebee cuz have smaller monitor now so tiny resolutions?  IDK).  Not using SBW anymoire, btw, just saying 1Tweak seems to work.

Hiiii !

:heart:

Excellent mod ! I could'nt get the text overlay at the centre to work though.....It still shows in the upper-left corner as in the default apropos...But...Im not Complaining...everything else seems to be working ...I Especially Loved the Text to Speech option !!! Brilliant !!!! [ now...i can actually concentrate on the sex animation rather than reading the text :P ]...Also...Your mod Description is what directed me to IVONA voices ...Man !!! It is a Whole new Dimension for me !!! Im still running this on Microsoft Anna At the moment...can't wait to explore the IVONA voices.... :D

A little concern.....I think the CPU usage increases when the Utility is running [ I use a laptop...a sony Vaio E-series..not too high-end...8GB RAM..512MB video memory]...Do you think running this Utility could prove Dangerous for a laptop ? [ :s I would really LOVE to have this on though...]....

Thanks again for this Excellent Utility !

I cant disable the apropos default text messages, so yes they will still appear, it's normal . .

the CPU increase, should not be too much if you are using the latest version. (first dl 0.4.1, then unzip 0.4.2 in the same directory and run the updated version)

there used to be an error in 0.4.1 where if your db directory was set incorrectly it would do a endless search and hog all cpu, so if that is what you are experiencing try updating.

Hi, thank you for the utility!  I have everything working and running perfectly but am having a fps problem.  When using the utility my fps ranges from 20-25, when I turn it off the fps jumps up to 45-50, which seems like a pretty big hit.  Is that normal?  Would love to use this but can't really play as it is.  Thank you for your work on this though!  :heart:

no that's not normal, running the game in windowed mode does have some fps impact but not the 20 fps drop you are experiencing. if there is no fps drop when just running windowed, be sure you are running the latest version, and check if you configured this utility correctly.

D/n work 4 me.    Does it need 2 b somewhere special to work?  Tried a few places.   No ini change option in exe.  Loads and says "Error: Can't load icon"  Specifically: apropos icon"  I get no config options xcpt shut off hotkeys, pause script exit.  Cannot tell it where to go for log, I guess, so no overlay ever.  All Apropos MCM OK, and Skyrim,ini logs and traces OK.  Onetweak works I guess cuz fullscreen after alt enter then esc, better than SBW which was not giving fullscreen unless threw things at it and gave angry looks (mebee cuz have smaller monitor now so tiny resolutions?  IDK).  Not using SBW anymoire, btw, just saying 1Tweak seems to work.

first download 0.4.1, then unzip the 0.4.2 update in the same directory and run the updated version

nixatastic, on 16 Dec 2014 - 4:32 PM, said:snapback.png

no that's not normal, running the game in windowed mode does have some fps impact but not the 20 fps drop you are experiencing. if there is no fps drop when just running windowed, be sure you are running the latest version, and check if you configured this utility correctly.

>> thank you for the reply.  I thought that seemed a little high and hadn't seen anyone else talking about losing that many fps.  I will try your suggestion and redo it bit by bit.  I really enjoyed using it. 

first download 0.4.1, then unzip the 0.4.2 update in the same directory and run the updated version

DOH.  Llololol.  Yeah that was it.  TYTY!  BTW how to change teh font?  I change it in ini but it stays too large for my tiny screen, so msg always ends too soon.

DOH.  Llololol.  Yeah that was it.  TYTY!  BTW how to change teh font?  I change it in ini but it stays too large for my tiny screen, so msg always ends too soon.

:D

change textsize in the ini.

maybe change the text part of the settings .ini, to something like.

; text settings
textopacity = 200
textsize = 12
textcolor = ffffff
shadowcolor = 000000
; text settings
font = Futura
fontweight = 300
shadowdistance = 2
; text alignment
text_align = center

as for the 'mssg always ends too soon' part of your question, I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the line stays on screen for too short time, you can change the duration, by adding to the showtime 'showtime = '

Or you might have to position the overlay so it doesnt get cut off by your screen, you can position the text using ctrl+shift+ arrowkeys.

hope that helps

:D

change textsize in the ini.

maybe change the text part of the settings .ini, to something like.

; text settings
textopacity = 200
textsize = 12
textcolor = ffffff
shadowcolor = 000000
; text settings
font = Futura
fontweight = 300
shadowdistance = 2
; text alignment
text_align = center

as for the 'mssg always ends too soon' part of your question, I'm not sure what you mean, but if you mean the line stays on screen for too short time, you can change the duration, by adding to the showtime 'showtime = '

Or you might have to position the overlay so it doesnt get cut off by your screen, you can position the text using ctrl+shift+ arrowkeys.

hope that helps

I gotz it dn to size 11 n then 7 but it stayed totally the same on screen!  O.o  Gets cut off onna right even if move it over, is problem, cuz it's soooo long.