"Blender cannot export unweighted vertices..."

gooboo

Hello everyone. I've been running into a problem with modelling in Blender, and I don't know what the solution is. I've been working on a new armor set, and I imported the vanilla Skyrim warlocks robe nif. For some reason I'm unable to export the hood properly. Whenever I go to export the model Blender has an error and says it can't export unweighted vertices, and highlights the vertices with the problems.

post-89575-0-09929600-1416702730_thumb.jpg

However, I've gone in and weighted this particular area multiple times. I've even erased the entire weight paint scheme and re-painted the whole hood from scratch, and still this happens. As you can see in the picture, it looks to me like this area has been weight painted, and I don't know why Blender insists it isn't.

post-89575-0-41931700-1416703013_thumb.jpg

So what's going on here? How do I fix this? Has anyone else run into this problem?

Compare the vertex group names in the mesh to the names of the bones in the armature.

If any vertex groups don't have a corresponding bone, they will be stripped from the mesh on export. If the result of that removal is one or more unweighted vertices, you'll get that error.

The solution may be to import a more complete Skyrim skeleton.

you could also try separating the rest of the armor from the hood & Import the Head.nif delete the Skeleton once imported & bone weight copy the hood to the head & then re-import the Head skeleton, & that should work as well.

or you could try importing the head & body delete all skeletons, bone weight the Body to the hood then bone weight the head to the hood but instead of clicking ok when the bone weight copy popup appears click Update selected then click ok, then when it's done copying import both body & head skeletons & try exporting it like that with both Body & head intact.

Archived