A Noob does: Bodyslide 2,HDT conversions [HALTED]

ok so I think I figured out a way to convert the armors to HDT. the thing is that it's just so annoying to do. so if I was going to make sure that everything works properly. I will have to convert the armor into bodyslide and all it's sliders. then convert that nif file into HDT body and all it's sliders again. and then I will have to convert the previous nif file into PSB body and all it's sliders again. that means I will have to convert the same armor 3 times if I want everything to work properly.

I miss the simpler days

never mind it didn't work

I'm not really sure on how to do HDT conversions for my armors now. the breast and butt just keep clipping through and armors. :(

if you're talking about slight clipping, if the outfit is very close to the body, and the outfit doesn't have the exact weight painting of the body, then it'll clip. hell I think even wth exact weighting, just the basic movement will make it clip because they move differently. The only real solution is more polys on the outfit, or pull it a bit further from the body. Not ideal, but it would work. 

I'm not really sure on how to do HDT conversions for my armors now. the breast and butt just keep clipping through and armors. :(

if you're talking about slight clipping, if the outfit is very close to the body, and the outfit doesn't have the exact weight painting of the body, then it'll clip. hell I think even wth exact weighting, just the basic movement will make it clip because they move differently. The only real solution is more polys on the outfit, or pull it a bit further from the body. Not ideal, but it would work. 

don't worry monstro I think I found what is wrong.

edit: never mind monstro it didn't work

I tried posting something last night, but the server went into maint. mode while I was typing (which frag'd everything I had typed out).

Let see...

Neck Seams - are a pain in the ass if the neck is the only thing messed up, never use the smoothing brush on any of the seams as it will shrink a seam into the mesh causing issues.

If the neck seam is borked on the body, then replace the body (if possible) if the neck seam is messed up on a piece of armor you can try to manually move the vertices with the brush set at a .010 but it is a pain in the....

Some neck seams are caused by the entire body being out of alignment with the rest of the mesh (some of the photo's from an above post show the neck and the wrist seams to be off).

Those can be adjusted within Outfit Studio by the "Shape - Move Shape" Function.

If you are moving the shape, make sure your reference is aligned.

Or load a hand or foot nif for that body as the reference (IE load the _1.nif hand or foot when working on the _1.nif outfit).

Note 1: There is no undo for a Shape Move, other then manually moving it back (placing inverted numbers in the x,y,z locations for move shape to put the item back to where it was).

Note 2: X,Y, and Z options change if you have a slider in edit mode

Example for Note 2. If something needs to be moved 0.35 on the Y axis normally (moves item forward by a small amount). with a Slider in edit mode it will instead need to be moved 0.035 on the Z axis (why I don't know).

Sometimes neck seams pop up not due to the mesh, but due to the bone weight painting (go figure that one).

That issue I found out the hard way when I had the Left and Right Clavicle Bones painted onto the neck seam.

Have those bones painted that high up caused irregular neck seams in movement animations, but would disappear when standing still (battle stance with weapon drawn).

I've had similar issues with wrist seams as well.

If the forearm bone is painted onto the wrist, it will look strange when doing certain animations (like watching an NPC eat or drink where the wrist should twist with the hand while holding the beverage or food).

Now to the Breast and Butt weights...

I've found I get the best results when I load the reference body, then remove all the other bones except for the breast, butt, and possible the belly. Then I load the target as an outfit.

With that dones I can copy bone weights into each mesh in the outfit/armor without it screwing everything up.

Since bones that don't touch will not paint onto a mesh.... It is fine to copy bone weights with breast, belly, and butt onto something like panties, trousers, or a skirt. Only the bones that would touch the mesh will be painted onto it.

It also keeps Outfit Studio from removing skirt bones (which it tends to do if you copy the full skeleton into a mesh).

I done that more then once where I copied the full body bone weights into a mesh and it removed all of the original bones from the outfit (like skirt bones) which then messed the outfit up in game.

If you need to duplicate the base shape into the outfit.

Then go with the above step, painting the Bounce bonces into the mesh... Then with the outfit/armor still loaded as an outfit reload the reference. Once the reference is reloaded copy it into the outfit (duplicate shape on the reference mesh).

Then of course test in game to see if the breast or butt clips thru...

Bla Bla would probably have a better solution... but that is how I do stuff.

I tried posting something last night, but the server went into maint. mode while I was typing (which frag'd everything I had typed out).

Let see...

Neck Seams - are a pain in the ass if the neck is the only thing messed up, never use the smoothing brush on any of the seams as it will shrink a seam into the mesh causing issues.

If the neck seam is borked on the body, then replace the body (if possible) if the neck seam is messed up on a piece of armor you can try to manually move the vertices with the brush set at a .010 but it is a pain in the....

Some neck seams are caused by the entire body being out of alignment with the rest of the mesh (some of the photo's from an above post show the neck and the wrist seams to be off).

Those can be adjusted within Outfit Studio by the "Shape - Move Shape" Function.

If you are moving the shape, make sure your reference is aligned.

Or load a hand or foot nif for that body as the reference (IE load the _1.nif hand or foot when working on the _1.nif outfit).

Note 1: There is no undo for a Shape Move, other then manually moving it back (placing inverted numbers in the x,y,z locations for move shape to put the item back to where it was).

Note 2: X,Y, and Z options change if you have a slider in edit mode

Example for Note 2. If something needs to be moved 0.35 on the Y axis normally (moves item forward by a small amount). with a Slider in edit mode it will instead need to be moved 0.035 on the Z axis (why I don't know).

Sometimes neck seams pop up not due to the mesh, but due to the bone weight painting (go figure that one).

That issue I found out the hard way when I had the Left and Right Clavicle Bones painted onto the neck seam.

Have those bones painted that high up caused irregular neck seams in movement animations, but would disappear when standing still (battle stance with weapon drawn).

I've had similar issues with wrist seams as well.

If the forearm bone is painted onto the wrist, it will look strange when doing certain animations (like watching an NPC eat or drink where the wrist should twist with the hand while holding the beverage or food).

Now to the Breast and Butt weights...

I've found I get the best results when I load the reference body, then remove all the other bones except for the breast, butt, and possible the belly. Then I load the target as an outfit.

With that dones I can copy bone weights into each mesh in the outfit/armor without it screwing everything up.

Since bones that don't touch will not paint onto a mesh.... It is fine to copy bone weights with breast, belly, and butt onto something like panties, trousers, or a skirt. Only the bones that would touch the mesh will be painted onto it.

It also keeps Outfit Studio from removing skirt bones (which it tends to do if you copy the full skeleton into a mesh).

I done that more then once where I copied the full body bone weights into a mesh and it removed all of the original bones from the outfit (like skirt bones) which then messed the outfit up in game.

If you need to duplicate the base shape into the outfit.

Then go with the above step, painting the Bounce bonces into the mesh... Then with the outfit/armor still loaded as an outfit reload the reference. Once the reference is reloaded copy it into the outfit (duplicate shape on the reference mesh).

Then of course test in game to see if the breast or butt clips thru...

Bla Bla would probably have a better solution... but that is how I do stuff.

thanks btn.

I've found a fix for the neck and wrist alignment issue. it's hard to explain in words but all I had to do was delete the base body that is in the armor and replace it with the body that can be applied when saving the outfit in outfit studio. (the "copy reference shape into output" tick box) I have no idea why this is happening and I thought that duplicating the base body was enough to make the armors body work.

and I don't think your bouncing body solution will work because I will still be duplicating the base body for the armors body. witch caused the problem in the beginning. but I will give it a go and if it didn't work I will let you know.

EDIT: Yeah I tried your HDT method but it didn't work. thanks for suggesting though.

Shit happened people

UPDATE 19-December-2014: Hey people it's me Noob and I got some bad news for you. it seems that all the armors that I have converted up till now has been done in the wrong way and you might encounter some large neck and wrist gaps if your playing it on a low weight slide. I know how to fix this problem but it will take some time to do all of them so just leave behind a message on what armor you want fixed first and I will get on it. but because the most popular armors that are downloaded around here are the HDT version I have to tell you guys that I don't know how to fix the HDT versions of the armor. the darn boobs and butts just keeps clipping though the armors and I can't really do anything about it. so I can only fix the bodyslide2 version non-HDT and TBBP for now.

But the real bad news is that until I know how to fix the HDT issues I won't be uploading any HDT or TBBP armors because I don't wanna release a half finished conversion of poor quality. well that's all I have to say. also merry Christmas and happy new years and remember don't drink and drive.

Problem solved

How to fix the armor by your self!

1. load the xml file of the selected outfit

2. delete the body in the outfit in outfit studio.

3. "save as" the outfit and make sure to tick the "copy reference shape into output" box

4. $$$$$profit$$$$$

You could try to put the body into the armor before you save the project.

And make adjustments to the body to shrink it in areas under the armor (just a little not anything extreme).

That calls for highlighting the body in the armor and choosing the top option under sliders "Conform to sliders".

That function will make which ever highlighted mesh conform to the sliders while leaving the other meshes stationary.

Then just go 10 or so on the breast slider (which should give a slight reduction) and 10 or so on the slim but slider for the rear end.

That would back the body away from the mesh enough that the body should not clip when moving in game.

And if the nipples are the only thing poking threw then you can actually do a negative on the "Nipple Length" slider and it will pull them back into the breast (typically a -50 or so will flatten them on a cbbe curvy/3.3 breast size).

Just remember if you copy the body into the armor you need to uncheck the option to copy it in when you save the project.

Only use that method on outfits/armors that have a very low vertices/Poly count in the breast and butt areas.

You can see which ones have crap poly's in those area's by hitting "w" while in OS (turns on the wire frame and lets you see what you are dealing with).

Heck give me an example of one of the outfit/armors that you are clipping thru on and I can take a look at it.

You could try to put the body into the armor before you save the project.

And make adjustments to the body to shrink it in areas under the armor (just a little not anything extreme).

That calls for highlighting the body in the armor and choosing the top option under sliders "Conform to sliders".

That function will make which ever highlighted mesh conform to the sliders while leaving the other meshes stationary.

Then just go 10 or so on the breast slider (which should give a slight reduction) and 10 or so on the slim but slider for the rear end.

That would back the body away from the mesh enough that the body should not clip when moving in game.

And if the nipples are the only thing poking threw then you can actually do a negative on the "Nipple Length" slider and it will pull them back into the breast (typically a -50 or so will flatten them on a cbbe curvy/3.3 breast size).

Just remember if you copy the body into the armor you need to uncheck the option to copy it in when you save the project.

Only use that method on outfits/armors that have a very low vertices/Poly count in the breast and butt areas.

You can see which ones have crap poly's in those area's by hitting "w" while in OS (turns on the wire frame and lets you see what you are dealing with).

Heck give me an example of one of the outfit/armors that you are clipping thru on and I can take a look at it.

But doing it that way will only bring back the wrist, neck and ankle gap problem.

Alright I will sent you the files of what problem I am having. 

I will be sending you two bodyslide files with different ways of adding HDT .

these two armors will convert the "Mak remodeled armor" fur armor "1" or "A"  (the bikini one)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13004/?

the first one will be the way that I normally did HDT conversions and where the neck ankle and wrist gaps will appear but won't clip thought the armor as much.

The second version will be the version where the wrist, neck and ankle gaps wont appear but will clip through the armor much more then in the first version (this version will have ver 2 at the end of it's name).

HDT problem.zip

Cell mentioned it in your other thread.

But I'll restated it hear.

Reinstall XPMSE and do not install any kind of Skeleton Patch after that (if you are running HDT you should not run a Vanilla skeleton patcher).

XPMSE has the complete skeleton set for everything: Male, Female, and Beast Races.

I'm an unsure of what would happen if you have a "Vanilla Skeleton Patcher" running in your \meshes\ folder as it could cause an aligment issue with a body that was created with XPMSE.

Note: CBBE HDT bodies in BodySlide/Outfit Studio are created with the "skeleton_female_xpmse.nif" skeleton that resides in the "\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\res\" Folder.

I looked at each of the 2 nifs in the above post... sorry about taking so long in getting back to you on this.

The nif's lined up with the CBBE body in Outfit Studio (seam for seam). So the nif isn't the problem.

The bones don't overlap onto the seams (clavicle and forearm bones are not touching is what I mean)... so the only other problem I can think of is the skeleton you are using in game.

Hope that helps...

Note for XPMSE install:

If you are using the Nexus Racemenu v2.95 then go with XPMSE 2.24.

If how ever you are playing with the Beta Builds of Racemenu (V3 beta15 or so), then go with XPMSE v3.3x (last night v3.32 was the latest).

Reinstall XPMSE and do not install any kind of Skeleton Patch after that (if you are running HDT you should not run a Vanilla skeleton patcher).

XPMSE has the complete skeleton set for everything: Male, Female, and Beast Races.

I'm an unsure of what would happen if you have a "Vanilla Skeleton Patcher" running in your \meshes\ folder as it could cause an aligment issue with a body that was created with XPMSE.

Note: CBBE HDT bodies in BodySlide/Outfit Studio are created with the "skeleton_female_xpmse.nif" skeleton that resides in the "\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\res\" Folder.

I looked at each of the 2 nifs in the above post... sorry about taking so long in getting back to you on this.

The nif's lined up with the CBBE body in Outfit Studio (seam for seam). So the nif isn't the problem.

The bones don't overlap onto the seams (clavicle and forearm bones are not touching is what I mean)... so the only other problem I can think of is the skeleton you are using in game.

Hope that helps...

Note for XPMSE install:

If how ever you are playing with the Beta Builds of Racemenu (V3 beta15 or so), then go with XPMSE v3.3x (last night v3.32 was the latest).

I've already uninstalled the skeleton patch but the problem still persisted.

but I was able to reduce the clipping by right clicking on each or the parts in the armor and clicking copy all weights in outfit studio.

but by doing this it also copy unwanted weights that makes the armor looks/bends weirdly.

also I do not use racemenu. I use ECE

Note for XPMSE install:

Quite different from OP of XPMSE, are you sure?

(2.20) RaceMenu 2.9.6+ / (2.21+) Racemenu 3.0B6+

what do you mean?

Hope that helps...

Note for XPMSE install:

but I was able to reduce the clipping by right clicking on each or the parts in the armor and clicking copy all weights in outfit studio.

but by doing this it also copy unwanted weights that makes the armor looks/bends weirdly.

With nmm, if you uninstalled the skeleton patch, and there was something else that had a skeleton, it doesn't guarantee that the proper skeleton is in fact in place.

just to be sure, I would suggest that you do a manual install of xpmse overwriting files, then see what happens.

Hope that helps...

Note for XPMSE install:

With nmm, if you uninstalled the skeleton patch, and there was something else that had a skeleton, it doesn't guarantee that the proper skeleton is in fact in place.

just to be sure, I would suggest that you do a manual install of xpmse overwriting files, then see what happens.

don't worry monstro I found a way. I just had to copy all the bones into the armor instead of just the bounce bone. however this method is very tedious because I will have to copy all bones again for a different bounce bone weight (HDT, TBBP, PSB) this mean that I will have to edit the bone for each conversion to make sure the armor does not clip or bend weirdly. 

Luxlucis Armor From: Arrow & knee Mod Team

get the armor from here!

http://modtype.doorblog.jp/archives/28304632.html

Warning: there is neck, wrist, and possible ankle gaps for chainmail veriosn. If player is playing in low weight slide or using custom preset in bodyslide. wear boots and gloves to solve this problem.

e12884f7.jpg

Image taken from: Skyrim Modtype

Luxlucis Armor Bodyslide2.zip

Luxlucis Armor Bodyslide2 HDT.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I haven't been uploading as much these days. It's just that the current method of converting armors take a really long time (approx 2 hour per armor depending on what kind of armor) and it's really demotivating. If you know a faster way of converting armors them please let me know.

Well, I don't know your current procedure. But if I really like an armor set and I do a conversion of my own, I usually follow this guide:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1286275 (from any base shape to CBBE bodyslide)

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1283893 (from CBBE to CBBE bodyslide)

Doing some manual fixing is usually required in OS, but to get satisfying results (at least for myself), it takes me roughly 30 minutes on an average armor set that doesn't consist of dozens of pieces (it really depends on the actual mesh at hand though). About 90% is fine in Bodyslide out-of-the-box (especially when converting from a CBBE base shape), doing some manual adjustment on some of the more "extreme" sliders is usally quick and easy.

However, some people do not like Outfit Studio because they consider the output to be "low quality" when compared to a "real" conversion done with Blender or a different 3D modelling tool. For my personal taste, OS conversions that are done with a bit of patience and love to detail are completely fine. They may have flaws, but I've seen various "real" conversions that had bugs (e.g. nipples poking through armor, pantie clipping through the but...), so OS can't be that bad.

I know that I haven't been uploading as much these days. It's just that the current method of converting armors take a really long time (approx 2 hour per armor depending on what kind of armor) and it's really demotivating. If you know a faster way of converting armors them please let me know.

Well, I don't know your current procedure. But if I really like an armor set and I do a conversion of my own, I usually follow this guide:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1286275 (from any base shape to CBBE bodyslide)

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1283893 (from CBBE to CBBE bodyslide)

Doing some manual fixing is usually required in OS, but to get satisfying results (at least for myself), it takes me roughly 30 minutes on an average armor set that doesn't consist of dozens of pieces (it really depends on the actual mesh at hand though). About 90% is fine in Bodyslide out-of-the-box (especially when converting from a CBBE base shape), doing some manual adjustment on some of the more "extreme" sliders is usally quick and easy.

However, some people do not like Outfit Studio because they consider the output to be "low quality" when compared to a "real" conversion done with Blender or a different 3D modelling tool. For my personal taste, OS conversions that are done with a bit of patience and love to detail are completely fine. They may have flaws, but I've seen various "real" conversions that had bugs (e.g. nipples poking through armor, pantie clipping through the but...), so OS can't be that bad.

I will have a look on that. but I also add HDT bones to my armor and that's the reason why my conversions take so long.

I will have a look on that. but I also add HDT bones to my armor and that's the reason why my conversions take so long.

I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but in Outfit Studio, you can load the CBBE HDT body as reference shape, and then simply do the "copy bone weights" command on each piece and magic will happen. If you want to connect the armor to HDT PE such that it works without equipping a HDT Havok Object in-game, you can open the results of the conversion in nifskope and just add the extra NiStringExtraData entry to the root element. There are several tutorials online on how to do this, it's really not difficult to do once you have done it once or twice and takes only 5 minutes.

Or did you refere to the HDT *body* by blabba? He really should have called it something different than "HDT Body", it messes up google search results due to the homonym...

I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but in Outfit Studio, you can load the CBBE HDT body as reference shape, and then simply do the "copy bone weights" command on each piece and magic will happen. If you want to connect the armor to HDT PE such that it works without equipping a HDT Havok Object in-game, you can open the results of the conversion in nifskope and just add the extra NiStringExtraData entry to the root element. There are several tutorials online on how to do this, it's really not difficult to do once you have done it once or twice and takes only 5 minutes.

Or did you refere to the HDT *body* by blabba? He really should have called it something different than "HDT Body", it messes up google search results due to the homonym...

I'm not too sure what your talking about. It takes a long time because I have to fix all the clipping that happens when I copy the bone weights to the armor.

edit: HDT_PE?

Archived