RaceMenu V3.2.5B

V 3.2.5 Preview

Beta 6:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_eTVQRnFzS3JCQ3M/view?usp=sharing

What's New:

-Equippable Transforms

-Bugfixes to BodyGen

-New 2015 runtimes (You don't need extensions for this, they are statically linked)

-Various optimizations

-New option to disable Equippable Transforms

-BodyGen randomize All

What are Equippable Transforms? They are essentially additional data that can be attached onto Armor that will apply an NiTransform internally to the skeleton. What would you use this for? Replacing High Heels of course! The transform is also done natively so it's near instant application.

How do you use it? Simple, add an NiStringExtraData named "SDTA" without quotes (Skeleton Data) to your NiTriShape or NiTriStrips of the armor you want to apply it to (You may need to apply to both _0 and _1)

The "String Data" will be a JSON formatted string, here is a sample:

[
{"name":"NPC L Breast","scale":2.0,"pos":[0,0,0],"rot":[0,0,0]},
{"name":"NPC R Breast","scale":2.0,"pos":[0,0,0],"rot":[0,0,0]}
]

The "name" field is the name of the node you are transforming

The "pos" field is a relative translation of the node you are transforming

The "rot" field is a rotation in degress in euler angles (heading, attitude, bank)

Here is a sample for replacing High Heels

[{"name":"NPC","pos":[0, 0, 5.0]}]

You may need to tweak the units as I just eyeballed it for the particular boots I was using.

This runs off the existing Transform framework that NiOverride provides, so any modifications to particular nodes will stack with these, you can only have one internal equipped node transform (i.e. two pieces of armor cant modify the same node, overwriting will happen and the behavior will most likely be last written or undefined).

BodyGen (3.2.0+)

What is BodyGen and what does it do? BodyGen is a BodyMorph randomization engine for creating NPCs with random morphs, they are outlined by template files and morph files

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\%PLUGIN%\templates.ini

Sevenbase=7B High@1.0 | 7B Bombshell High@1.0 | 7B Natural High@1.0 | 7B Cleavage High@1.0 | 7B Bcup High@1.0
Breasts=BreastSH@1.0 | BreastSSH@2.0, Breast@1.0, BreastCleavage@0.1:1.0, BreastGravity@0.1:1.0
Waist=Waist@-1.0:1.0 | ChubbyWaist@-1.0:1.0 | WideWaistLine@-1.0:1.0
Random=Breasts@-1.0, BreastsSmall@-1.0, BreastsSH@0:1.0, BreastSSH@0:1.0, BreastsFantasy@1.0, BigTorso@-1.0, Waist@-1.0:1.0, ChubbyWaist@-1.0:1.0, RoundAss@-1.0:1.0, SlimThighs@-1.0:1.0, Thighs@1.0, PregnancyBelly@0:1.0, NippleDistance@-1.0:0.0, Arms@-1.0:0.0, NippleSize@-1.0:0.0, ButtCrack@-1.0:0.0, Butt@-1.0:0.0, ButtShape2@-1.0:0.0, Legs@-1.0,0.0

meshes\actors\character\BodyGenData\%PLUGIN%\morphs.ini

Skyrim.esm|F62F0=Sevenbase,Random,Waist,Breasts

Right now you must specify each ActorBase in the morphs.ini file but this could easily be generated via a TES5Edit script. The templating allows you to outline particular morphs, or sets of morphs.

Syntax:

@ - Separates Morph and Values

: - Separates Value range

, Separates AND morphs

| Separates OR morphs (The OR operation will only take one of the morphs within the current comma)

If a morph value is evaluated more than once it will take the last one evaluated. This would essentially increase the probability of that morph being evaluated.

If an Actor is derived from a template, or is a LeveledActorBase it will evaluate from the root template's parameters.

What's changed:

-Presets now save and load as JSON, binary presets will still be loaded so you will not lose these. If you are using Familiar Faces you won't be able to create new alcoves without minor edits to the scripts (These are already fixed for the next version of Familiar Faces).

JContainers is now required or what?

Same thing here, instant crash when I went into the sculpt window. I could go into it before and after just fine. 

First crash was installing it like I would with the xpmse plugin for racemenu.

I took out the loose base scripts and tried again, still crashes.

Turned off xpmseplugin and turned on this one and same thing. CTD as soon as I hit that sculpt button. Providing my papyrus for only the last crash because I didn't have it turned on for all the rest; but I don't know how much info you'll get from that.

Papyrus.0.log

What's changed:

-Presets now save and load as JSON, binary presets will still be loaded so you will not lose these. If you are using Familiar Faces you won't be able to create new alcoves without minor edits to the scripts (These are already fixed for the next version of Familiar Faces).

Nope.

Hi expired, everything works as usual except, alas, from the sculpt windows, as soon as I try to open it, the game crashes. Could it be because I'm using Mod Organizer? Up to version 2.9.6 I could open the sculpt tab no problem. Is there some kind of error log I could post?

Same thing here, instant crash when I went into the sculpt window. I could go into it before and after just fine. 

First crash was installing it like I would with the xpmse plugin for racemenu.

I took out the loose base scripts and tried again, still crashes.

Turned off xpmseplugin and turned on this one and same thing. CTD as soon as I hit that sculpt button. Providing my papyrus for only the last crash because I didn't have it turned on for all the rest; but I don't know how much info you'll get from that.

I have crash with attempt to open sculpt window too. Well, looking forward to official release of RM3+.

Fixed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_dVFtQ3BZTmt3NTg/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I've also confirmed that hair can be morphed, it just needs valid tri files. Most custom hairs have invalid tri files, this could easily be fixed by a patcher of some sort to generate them, or just asking the authors to generate them themselves. Even if they don't have 3ds to use my tri script they can use Anton's tool to create a tri file with no morphs using the exported obj file.

What's changed:

-Presets now save and load as JSON, binary presets will still be loaded so you will not lose these. If you are using Familiar Faces you won't be able to create new alcoves without minor edits to the scripts (These are already fixed for the next version of Familiar Faces).

Nope.

JSON is a format, JContainers is a Papyrus library that manipulates this format. RaceMenu has it's own code to manipulate the format so there is no dependency for JContainers.

Expired6978 do you think we will risk our Skyrim installs to try this buggy beta? If so, you're completely right.

No, I would have said so if I believed it to be a risk to your install. 

All of the new stuff is done through CharGen, which is saved independently from your original save, it doesnt install any replacement assets. Worst case scenario you would have to temporarily uninstall RM. 

Thanks expired, no more crashing. As for feedback, I tested it  briefly and it seems to be working properly though without being able to tone down the brush strength it's hard to test the actual functionality. Using the mask function helped me greatly making the brush much more manageable while trying to smooth some of the sharp edges in my character chin and having an immediate visual feedback felt nice.

I'm going to test this instead of the futile wrestling with PerMa's infernal patch that I've been doing since yesterday afternoon. This seems a much worthier cause.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity expired, you're a prince among mod authors imo.

I don't want to search 3 forum pages for this.

Then set this thread to one you follow and you'll find it... :dodgy:  :P  :D  :lol:  :(  :angry::angel:  (okay enough of the smilies)....

For Expired:

Even though I don't use ECE is there a chance that ECE users will be able to import the faces they created into RM3?

Any Chance you might include Grooves xmpse add-on into the RM esp (to cut down on esp's in a users load order). Maybe set it up in the fomod so the use can choose: one esp for those that don't use XPMSE (who doesn't now days) and one for those that do...

Any chance of getting a tab option between the setting on the right from a game pad (my pc's hooked to my tv and I play skyrim with a gamepad so I figured I'ld ask... and yes I am lazy).

I think I'll throw the follow function on this thread and try to keep up...

For Expired:

Even though I don't use ECE is there a chance that ECE users will be able to import the faces they created into RM3?

^

This.  That would be a major time saver.  And more people, including myself, would be more willing to switch from ECE because of this.

Yes, the slider data will be lost, but the vertex data will be imported as though you had sculpted it (starting from what you have). If you are to import a face, it's best you zero everything first so that it is imported from close to the base head. Should you export your imported face as an RM preset it will provide a guarantee of reconstruction since there will be less variables and sliders to consider.

The only hurdle is that you will need to use CharGen to do a full export of your ECE face first since you will not be able to import from the CME preset format.

Any chance of getting a tab option between the setting on the right from a game pad (my pc's hooked to my tv and I play skyrim with a gamepad so I figured I'ld ask... and yes I am lazy).

Same way you change categories, but instead of using left/right you use the triggers.

Essentially when you want to change categories while deep inside a list you press Left/Right stick to scroll up/down, this will also 'de-select' the current entry, when you have no selection you can change categories or tabs.

Didn't tested it much yet. Would be nice to:

- store presets out of Data folder (i'm MO user and slots/presets are not shared among other profiles as MO virtualizes Data folder). 

- have few lights of different colour, power

- be able to assign a name to a preset (and maybe description). It's cool that now accidental F5, F9's can be completely avoided as RM3 has new preset management tab :)

- output formatted jslot?

Btw, what exactly Z (Export head) performs?  Does it export head's nif?  

JContainers is a Papyrus library that manipulates this format. R

It manipulates by a data structures, their lifetime, graphs, but not 'json format' and uses json (the same way I could pick XML) for input/output purposes

I haven't tried the new alpha yet, but having used v2, some things I'd like:

• The ability to navigate effectively (including switching to and from camera mode, shifting sliders by large amounts, and completing character creation) with just the keyboard. (Clicking buttons with the mouse at the low framerate menus impose on me in Skyrim is an exercise in frustration)
  • The ability to hide sliders with some sort of config file. Possibly some sort of "lite" tab for just getting the general features the way you want them before you start tweaking the details. (There are so many sliders that I don't use at all, which just wind up getting in the way when I'm trying to find the weight and age sliders)

- output formatted jslot?

Formatted? Like indenting? I don't remember what I left it as, I may have left it as non-formatted for the sake of saving time and space writing whitespace (though negligible).

- store presets out of Data folder (i'm MO user and slots/presets are not shared among other profiles as MO virtualizes Data folder). 

Like where? Docs/My Games/Skyrim/Presets? Has to be a fixed directory the native calls can find.

- be able to assign a name to a preset (and maybe description). It's cool that now accidental F5, F9's can be completely avoided as RM3 has new preset management tab

Assigning names requires text input, which generally sucks as you need to put Scaleform into Text input mode, and you need a way to easily get out of it, it's not ideal for a controller. The only text input in the menu right now is the Filters and character naming, Filtering is disabled with a controller, and naming has some hardcoded elements bound to it for the menu. Adding a description to the preset should be easy, but it would most likely just be used as a filler for identifying a preset. I'm probably not going to change it to find named files in a directory.

It manipulates by a data structures, their lifetime, graphs, but not 'json format' and uses json (the same way I could pick XML) for input/output purposes

Sorry, I generalized. Json is far more generic than XML, with XML you would likely have fixed tag and element names, with json it's just a format with key and value pairs, even if the library isn't specifically for json, you could use it to read json files as data structures.