[Help!] Which body mesh?

DixiePig

Hi, I'm working on this custom armor.

I've run into a problem. I have two questions I would very much appreciate some help with :

• Which body mesh do I need to use so that it can be most easily converted to anyone's preferred body shape (such as with bodyslide)?
  • What do I need to do in blender for it to have jiggle physics? Do I just copy vertex weight groups from an hdt body?

A couple of notes:

The body is deformed (breasts pressed together) so it's not a simple matter of copying the body data over in nifskope. I don't know how this will affect convertability.

I've started out with a large breast size on the assumption that it is easier to convert from larger bodies to smaller ones than vice versa. I suspect I was wrong on this.

Quite a few people use Outfit Studio to convert outfits, so CBBE would be the best to have for Outfit Studio conversions. It's used as a bridge between all bodies there.

But anything else that's widely used works, too.

Yes, to get jiggle physics, you can copy bone weights in Blender from a body that has the bones you need.

I would most certainly encourage you to manually tweak your weights for the breasts for hdt jiggle.

There's a lot of potential with your mod to customize it so that certain parts are kept moving while other parts are rigid to create a nice semi-realistic effect.

Anyway good work!

I would most certainly encourage you to manually tweak your weights for the breasts for hdt jiggle.

There's a lot of potential with your mod to customize it so that certain parts are kept moving while other parts are rigid to create a nice semi-realistic effect.

Anyway good work!

I think what you're saying is that instead of doing a straight bone weight copy, I can paint it such that some parts are less affected by physics, such that parts slide against each other? In which case, very good suggestion!

Hi, I'm working on

I've run into a problem. I have two questions I would very much appreciate some help with :

• Which body mesh do I need to use so that it can be most easily converted to anyone's preferred body shape (such as with bodyslide)?
  • What do I need to do in blender for it to have jiggle physics? Do I just copy vertex weight groups from an hdt body?

A couple of notes:

The body is deformed (breasts pressed together) so it's not a simple matter of copying the body data over in nifskope. I don't know how this will affect convertability.

I've started out with a large breast size on the assumption that it is easier to convert from larger bodies to smaller ones than vice versa. I suspect I was wrong on this.

I don't actually do any real modding but maybe my thoughts might be some help. If you have a deformed body I think you could take one of the default CBBE body meshes, modify it to fit under your armor (i.e. deform it) and then set it as a BaseShape in your armor mesh. As long as you don't modify the neck/hand/feet seams it will give the desired affect when the armor is equipped and it will use the users textures. From there use bodyslide to create a slider set, so people can convert the BaseShape in the armor mesh to resemble their custom CBBE body, I think once you play around with creating this slider set you'll see that you can keep the deformations whilst allowing changes to the sliders of the body. For a completely different body types I think with a deformed body you would have no choice but to create a separate mesh for users to download, you can try the built in conversion in bodyslide, CBBE -> UNP (for example) and see what the result is, maybe it will be ok, in which case users can do that themselves if they want. For physics I believe it is just a case of making sure you're mesh has the correct bones i.e. L Breast, R Breast, L Butt, R Butt (or something like that), making sure the user has a skeleton with those + physics installed, and then adding weights either through copy and paste or doing you're own.

Archived