Retrieving non-SL animation objects via GetByRegistrar ?

gooser

Normally, I can retrieve either creature or non-creature animations via:

SslBaseAnimation anim = SexLab.CreatureSlots.GetByRegistrar(animationName)

anim = SexLab.AnimSlots.GetByRegistrar(animationName)

Both work for built-in animations in SL, and things like More Nasty Critters.

However, I'm not finding DDi animations, like DDBeltedSolo.

Should I be able to :

SslBaseAnimation anim = SexLab.AnimSlots.GetByRegistrar("DDBeltedSolo")

?

Thanks!

The DDi animations are all part of the ZAZ Animation Pack. In the folder with the ZAZ animations there is a text file with the names of all the animations and what they do.

Thanks Veladarius. I know that. I'm trying to access the DDi/ZaZ animations in game, in a script. I want to add tags to them, for instance, DDBeltedSolo. My question is if they are accessible via the SexLabFramework.AnimSlots property through GetByRegistrar name.

I don't think the DDBeltedSolo is normally available through SexLab unless the player registers the animation using DDi.

Hmmm. So if I grab a Padded Belt, then cause a masturbation animation to occur somehow, and I see the unique Zaz animation, not the regular Female masturbation animation, should I expect to be able in a script retrieve that animation object? Meaning, does animation playability guarantee programmatic reachability? Or is there something else that has be done by the user?

Hey Gooser,

DDi utilizes the ghost animation registration feature that Ashal added a few versions back, to avoid polluting the animation pool with animations which are only relevant to DD scenes. Zaz does the same for its animations. This is why you're unable to find our animations via the standard lookup functions.

DDi does actually implement a few "unique" sexlab scenes that aren't directly provided by Zaz: DDBeltedSolo, and "DDArmbinderSolo", for instance.

You should be able to access my animations by Sexlab.GetOwnerAnimations(zadQuest). The same method should work for Zaz's animations, though you'll need to look up the quest he used for animation registration.

PS, I'm a lot more likely to notice questions like these (That are directed towards DD) if you message me. :)

Hey Gooser,

DDi utilizes the ghost animation registration feature that Ashal added a few versions back, to avoid polluting the animation pool with animations which are only relevant to DD scenes. Zaz does the same for its animations. This is why you're unable to find our animations via the standard lookup functions.

DDi does actually implement a few "unique" sexlab scenes that aren't directly provided by Zaz: DDBeltedSolo, and "DDArmbinderSolo", for instance.

You should be able to access my animations by Sexlab.GetOwnerAnimations(zadQuest). The same method should work for Zaz's animations, though you'll need to look up the quest he used for animation registration.

PS, I'm a lot more likely to notice questions like these (That are directed towards DD) if you message me. :)

Thanks, Min.

Aww shucks I never PM anyone that much because I feel I'm breaking protocol when I could just post a question to the community. Plus, now your answer is reachable by all!

:)

Hey Gooser,

Thanks, Min.

Aww shucks I never PM anyone that much because I feel I'm breaking protocol when I could just post a question to the community. Plus, now your answer is reachable by all!

:)

Just saw this (by chance). Both are good points. Feel free to post publicly, and then PM me (can't speak for anyone else) to respond to the thread. Obviously, I check the support threads of the mods I'm involved in, but I will for sure miss other threads from time to time.

I can't promise timely responses. I visit this forum and mod Skyrim when I have spare time. :)

Edit:

For the record, I didn't use the SexLab registration system. I don't understand Ashal's life cycle management of allocated objects (ie. when is it safe to release the animation object), and I never got any response when I asked.

So I wrote my own system for setting up temporary animations, which took slightly less time than asking in this forum.

Archived