Skyrim crashes everytime I approach Riverwood (same spot)

Jannisen

So hey guys I recently started playing Skyrim with mods again. I had some problems so I uninstalled everything and made a clean start. Now everytime I want to go to Riverwood with my Character it crashes.

I could think that maybe I did something in the installation wrong since im not entirely sure what to replace and what not. But it worked before and now it isnt working anymore.

Every Mod is updated to the newest version aswell as Skyrim.

I attached my Papyrus log from the crash.

These are the last lines of it:

[Active effect 2 on  (14066D98)].zbfEffectBondage.ApplyEffects() - "zbfEffectBondage.psc" Line 24
[Active effect 2 on  (14066D98)].zbfEffectBondage.OnEffectStart() - "zbfEffectBondage.psc" Line 48

Modlist:
Female Facial Animation 1.5
FNIS 
FNIS Spells
FNIS Creatures
XP32 Maximum Skeleton 1.93
CBBE with Bodyslider
True Thief Armor (no metal Parts)
Realistic Ragdolls and Force
Simple multiple Followers
Enhanced Character Edit
CHSBCE BBP
SG Female Textures Renewal
Sexlab Defeat v5b3.3 fixed
hotfix halloween
hydra_slavegirls_814
Radiant_Prostitution1.08b
Sexlab Aroused Creatures
Sexlab Aroused
Sexlab Lovers Comfort
Sexlab Lovers Victim
Sexlab Framework
SOS
ZAZ AnimationPack Main
ZAZ Animation Pack Textures
zdd_d
Sky_UI
Fuz Ruh Do

I hope this is fixable. Thanks for any help.

1. No I didnt use Tes5Edit never heard of that.

2. I am using the NexusModManager

3. I install SKSE manually.

Sexlab Framework is the first thing loading for my mods.

Also I cant be mad im happy for every help I can get. Since im not that well read into modding.

1. No I didnt use Tes5Edit never heard of that.

2. I am using the NexusModManager

3. I install SKSE manually.

Sexlab Framework is the first thing loading for my mods.

Also I cant be mad im happy for every help I can get. Since im not that well read into modding.

Welcome to the modding hobby, because you're not just playing modded Skyrim but also tinkering and reading lots of guides. Yes, you have to because what you learn can save you from grief and reinstalling Skyrim.

It could also be caused by a mod that you have installed that either has something in it that is missing or it is conflicting with something else. *hydra_slavegirls_814* Not sure if this is part of or a addon for the mod called lair of the hydra. But I know lair of the hydra places a new building not that far from riverwood.

If you have a BBP/TBBP body installed and someone that doesn't have a BBP/TBBP compatible skeleton is using the the body you will CTD as soon as you either get close enough to them or when you enter the same cell that they are in. Same goes for any followers if they have BBP/TBBP bodies but no compatible skeleton it will cause a CTD when you get close to them.

If all else fails you could try turning certain mods off 1 to 2 at a time till you get to where you no longer CTD then go back out and turn 1 of the ones you just turned off and go into game if you CTD then you will know which one is the culprit.

Ok.. my 2 and 1/2 cents.. Hey its inflation. lol

Anyway. I had the same problem except with Solitude.. I would crash regardless any time I tried to walk up to the gates. I could go in the other way .. coc into Solitude and such and work just couldn't enter the main entrance.

I kept on removing mods and it kept doing the crash.. I tried a new profile and coc to a nearby location on a clean game.. still crashing.. I was getting to my wits end. I finally removed all mods and still the fucking crashing.. WTF went through my mind. I could even have the exact problem even with a unmodded game.

Yep it ended up being a corrupted file in the main game. A rare occurrence but an occurrence anyway. If during your diagnostics you run out of mods and such it might just be a corrupted main file and verify cache will fix the entire problem.. ;)

Q:  Hey.. green alien dude.. why didn't you just come out and say it... ?

A:   I was board.. lol.

Yeah, Evil Lair of Hydra is there. And it could be part of the problem since it changes the area near Riverwood.

Make sure you use the SKSE launcher as mentioned, too.

And if you start a new game it's best you take all your saves from the folder at documents/my games/Skyrim and put them somewhere else, then delete that entire folder. Afterwards run the vanilla launcher one time (and only one time), quit the game the reload again with the SKSE game launcher. There is stuff left over in that folder and it's best to get rid of it and start fresh with a new and new generated ".ini" files. You can hang on to the old game saves if you want, so it's no loss at all.

If none of the above helped and assuming that your mod list is complete (?!) then your log shows errors from mods that you must have had installed at one point but are not in your mod list. These mods include Animal Mansion (NA_), Prison Overhaul (xpo), Beastess (beastess), and Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life (daymoyl). Those are the ones I noticed/recognized at any rate. There may be others.

A previous installation of Animal Mansion stands out in your case since it has quests in Riverwood. In your skyrim/data/scripts folder there will be Animal Mansion scripts that were not removed when you uninstalled it. These scripts are prefixed with "na_" and they need to be deleted. Now, before you start deleting scripts take a moment to make sure you are deleting the right ones. Take many moments, actually. Open up the Animal Mansion archive, find the scripts in there and compare that list to the NA_ scripts in your scripts folder and delete only those found in the archive. (That said, I am quite sure that any scripts prefixed with NA_ are related only to Animal Mansion.)

You'll need to do the same thing for the other mods you've uninstalled as well.

[Edit: You will also need a save cleaner such as Savegame Script Scalpel. Run that on the save you're trying to use and hope for the best. Actually, that alone may suffice to resolve the CTD.]

So hey guys I recently started playing Skyrim with mods again. I had some problems so I uninstalled everything and made a clean start. Now everytime I want to go to Riverwood with my Character it crashes.

Your papyrus log is telling you that your start is anything but clean! It's a mess, to be blunt. If I was stuck like you are I would really uninstall everything, start a new game, and follow install/uninstall instructions to the letter this time around.

(As an aside, hydra_slavegirls_814 and Evil Lair of Hydra are two different mods and according to your mod list you are not using ELoH.)

@mybrainhurts Yeah I had them installed but I removed them again.

I know, that's why you are having problems. :P  Anyway please do follow up when you get this sorted out. So many people don't bother with follow up but it's very helpful to learn what the cause(s) of a problem actually turned out to be along with its solution.

Archived