Worsening CTD problems, now crash on game start.

Totally out of the blue, i.e. quite a while after the last mod install, my game started crashing on fast travel despite fast travel having worked like a charm minutes before. Nonetheless, as one of the mods I had installed gave me an error message, I uninstalled it and a couple of other mods that I wanted to use in conjunction with the one that gave the error message.

Unfortunately, it seems that while doing so, I screwed up my load order somehow. Several attempts at fixing it were unsuccessful, so I hope for input here.

Oblivion.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
TamagoClub.esm
HiyokoClub.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
LoversCreature.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
USIPS Additional Changes.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
Better Dungeons.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
Vanilla Maternity Clothes.esp
P1DkeyChain.esp
P1DlookHereYou.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversBackup2.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversRapeSlave.esp
LoversBed.esp
LoversHelpRapeVPlayer.esp
PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversBitch.esp
LoversGGBlackmail111.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
LoversPayBandit.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversAdultYield.esp
PSE-PayBandit-Patch.esp
LoversBrute.esp
PSELoversBitchPatch.esp
LoversLight.esp
LoversTamagoClub.esp
TamagoPlayerHUDkil.esp
TamagoDischarge.esp
TamagoBreak.esp
HiyokoGenetics.esp
HiyokoGenerator.esp
SetBody.esp
TamagoSetBody.esp
LoversMB2.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

All utilities are the latest version, since I just installed the game the other day and downloaded all mods and utilities fresh.

Any advice?

Guest Omega1084

When a game CTD's during the initial loading as it starts up it usually means something's missing or out of order.

Probably some masters to your current mods. This is just a general rule.

Do you use LOOT to order your stuff?

It's fucking awesome.

Dunno how much it'll help but I used this guide a year or so ago and I haven't had a CTD ever since:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/

I don't use ENBs so I never bothered with ENBoost.

Still haven't CTD'd in over a year now. Almost two.

When a game CTD's during the initial loading as it starts up it usually means something's missing or out of order.

Probably some masters to your current mods. This is just a general rule.

Do you use LOOT to order your stuff?

It's fucking awesome.

Dunno how much it'll help but I used this guide a year or so ago and I haven't had a CTD ever since:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/

I don't use ENBs so I never bothered with ENBoost.

Still haven't CTD'd in over a year now. Almost two.

I used TES4Edit, it didn't have any complaints. I am using ModOrganizer, which has Loot built-in, but that didn't really help. However, it also had no complaints about missing masters.

Guest Omega1084

Hmm.. you could always disable all your mods and enable them one by one to see which one causes your crashes.

That's what I do when I have a problem like this and nothing else works.

Once you find the problem you can see why the mod is causing the crashing and deal with it better.
Usually this is the last thing I'd recommend a person but since your load order is pretty small you don't have that big a problem to deal with.

Edit: Just realised I linked the wrong guide.

Epic derp. My bad.

I believe you are suppose to use BOSS for oblivion and not LOOT it is what I see everyone saying to use for oblivion. TES4Edit shows if you have and masters out of order BOSS will sort your load order but lovers will have to be manually moved to the proper order. Sample load order. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/4487-please-read-before-posting-here/

The crash could be that you removed some mods. Are you trying to load a save or are you trying to start a new game. If you are trying to load a save try and see if you can start a new game it could be that something that you removed is stuck in the save.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't want to use BOSS almost all your Mods are in my sample Loadorder.

See Link in my signature (click the yellow line)

I resorted the mods according to your sample load order, but I still only get a second of the Bethesda logo and then a CTD

Have you tried running TES4edit? If it is crashing at the Bethesda logo it means you are either missing a master or it is not placed above the .esp that needs it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/?

Download it unzip it and run the .exe that is in it. It will try to load up everything that you have installed in your game if it hits a error in the load order it will stop and tell you why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it and close TES4edit then repeat starting it till you no longer get anymore errors and it's able to load everything up. Then try your game again.

Have you tried running TES4edit? If it is crashing at the Bethesda logo it means you are either missing a master or it is not placed above the .esp that needs it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11536/?

Download it unzip it and run the .exe that is in it. It will try to load up everything that you have installed in your game if it hits a error in the load order it will stop and tell you why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it and close TES4edit then repeat starting it till you no longer get anymore errors and it's able to load everything up. Then try your game again.

I have used TES4edit. Several times. It doesn't find any problems. Which is what baffles me. The game ran without problems initially. I added a few mods, it still ran without problems for hours. Then suddenly, it crashed reproducibly in-game. I removed those mods again and suddenly the game crashes at start-up.

More, I used MO, so the mods should not even have left any traces in the actual game itself, only in the savegames....

I have no clue on MO as I only use OBMM for oblivion. I would say something got messed up along the way and if you can't figure out what the problem is you might have to do a clean install wipe out everything in your game folder and then uninstall it and then reinstall it.

If you removed mods and didn't archive invalidate via bsa redirection again then that may be the issue.  The game engine will crash on missing bsa, ini, esm or esp files.

You can try moving your oblivion.ini file out of your my games\oblivion folder and then start the game with the launcher to build a new one.

If you removed mods and didn't archive invalidate via bsa redirection again then that may be the issue.  The game engine will crash on missing bsa, ini, esm or esp files.

You can try moving your oblivion.ini file out of your my games\oblivion folder and then start the game with the launcher to build a new one.

Thanks, that did it! Well, sort of ;) I can start the game again, which is the important thing. Now some saves crash and in the others, my mods aren't loaded, but that I guess has to be an issue with MO that's probably tied to the ini... but it's almost 1AM, so I'm not going to even try and think about what I have to do as the next step, that's something for after a good night's sleep.... All else fails, I compare both inis side by side...

saves failing to load is the same issue.  Your saves are dependent on you having those esm\esp files enabled when you created the saved game.  Failing to have those can cause crashing or general weirdness.

Well, in the end, it's only one save failing to load, so it's no big deal. What baffles me more is why Oblivion is completely ignoring MO...but worst case, I tell MO to reinstall all mods...

Ok, could solve my main problems now with a little help of the official MO support forum. Only issue that's left is that the crash I thought was caused by some mods I installed is still happening, despite said mods being removed now. As soon as I take a few steps into Leyawiin, I CTD. Might have time to chat with the gate guard, but that's about it. Does anyone have an idea what could cause that? As a test, I fast-travelled to Bravil and rode all the way to Leyawiin "manually" without a problem. But as soon as I step into town, I don't get very far....

Sounds like a direct issue with a mod. I once had an issue where Bruma was just this vile black hole that killed my game anytime I went near it. After isolating the issue to just that mod, I went ahead and cleaned every reference to Bruma in it using TES4Edit and my game was purring once again. If you've only recently encountered this problem, then I'd check any recent mods, but if you haven't visited Leyawiin in quite a while (who has?) then you might need to check a good portion of your load order.

Have you tested it with a new game/character ?

Perhaps some old bugged entries are in your save game.

Have you started your current Character without the Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp ? installed it after you have visited Leyawiin ? This Mod change the Leyawiin citadel doors. Persistent entries are stored in your save game, so there can be a conflict with the old door and new door Positions.

i think you are good for testing each mod or group of mods  :  i mean unchecking some mods and see if leyawin crach ; it could be just a missing file or a faulty one from a bad download data or simply a mod that is not in his good position in load order .

and from what you have said in your first post  it is more like  a mod you have installed had surely override and was sharing some same files. and when you have deleted them you have

deleted shared files.    you might simply reinstall all your mods again  not the esp just the files in data folder.

Sounds like a direct issue with a mod. I once had an issue where Bruma was just this vile black hole that killed my game anytime I went near it. After isolating the issue to just that mod, I went ahead and cleaned every reference to Bruma in it using TES4Edit and my game was purring once again. If you've only recently encountered this problem, then I'd check any recent mods, but if you haven't visited Leyawiin in quite a while (who has?) then you might need to check a good portion of your load order.

I actually haven't been to Leyawiin since installing the game at all - except for the previous attempts when it crashed. 

Start a new character and see if you have a CDT in Leyawiin. If Yes, then a Mod is shit.

Disable/deactivate Mods: e.g. first only all DLCs and Unofficial Mods active. Test again.  Activate more Mods till you found the "bad" one.

Missing meshes or textures normally not crash the game, but sometimes it could happen. So perhaps you should install your Mods again ( Like kingkong said )

Start a new character and see if you have a CDT in Leyawiin. If Yes, then a Mod is shit.

Disable/deactivate Mods: e.g. first only all DLCs and Unofficial Mods active. Test again.  Activate more Mods till you found the "bad" one.

Missing meshes or textures normally not crash the game, but sometimes it could happen. So perhaps you should install your Mods again ( Like kingkong said )

The causative mod was Lovers Brutes, I seem to have had the same problem that others had earlier this year, using the alternate version "with hair" you posted in the support forum there worked to eliminate the problem. 

Archived