Start game in TFC & Sexout animations won't play

RichterQ87

Title says it all.

Basically, I was in the middle of a sex scene when I decided to load a save game (Not very bright of me)

And I was stuck in tfc, I thought it was just a one time thing so I just typed tfc into console and it was fixed. Anyway, after that I re-did the sex scene.

A few hours later I decided to do a sex scene again, but the animations don't play. Just stand there. Free to walk, no noises, no animations, no nothing. So I decided to load an earlier save, in which again, I am stuck in TFC. So did a proper save and all but each time I load a save it begins in TFC and animations just won't play. 

So, help?

So, after disabling every plugin one by one the perpetrator is officially: Sexout.esm

So, something I did broke it somehow which would explain it. But the problem is, even though I know what's causing it, I don't know how to fix it. So the search continues... Sigh.

When you save while something is bugging/glitch/quest not working/controls messed up and so on it is there for good and the only way to fix it is to go to a older save before when it happened. I don't think you can clean the save because it's something different then leftover scripts which is what a save cleaner removes stuff left over from other mods that are no longer on.

if the one you reload works, but your issue is it starts in tfc, just use it.

You digit tfc manually on console, to return at the common view, then re-save again.

When you go in tfc and save a game, tfc state is saved, so when you reload you will be in tfc, but this doesn't mean it's messed up, it's its normal behaviour. Sexout forces tfc when sex starts

if the one you reload works, but your issue is it starts in tfc, just use it.

You digit tfc manually on console, to return at the common view, then re-save again.

When you go in tfc and save a game, tfc state is saved, so when you reload you will be in tfc, but this doesn't mean it's messed up, it's its normal behaviour. Sexout forces tfc when sex starts

No, when I don't have Sexout enabled the exact same save that started me in TFC doesn't start me in TFC. so Sexout.esm is the problem.

Hi.

Luckily, for you, this issue had already been discussed in another thread. The solution was to go into your save games folder and delete only your most current NVSE save file. The little one. Roughly 3k in size.

Everything will once more be right in the world.

Hey, thanks for the help.

Doing that let my animations play again, I'll update this post if it fixes my TFC issue as well.

Thanks a lot :)

Edit: After saving again and loading the save no TFC :D

No, when I don't have Sexout enabled the exact same save that started me in TFC doesn't start me in TFC. so Sexout.esm is the problem.

If you did what I said, and it worked, it means sexout wasn't the problem. If it was, it means that the problem wasn't just TFC.

As I said, it's common that TFC is saved inside the savegame.

And it's common that if you remove a mod that introduces a new state, that state is resetted. This doesn't "solve", this resets.

AJ asked me to peek in here, offer up my thoughts.

If you are NOT running the latest sexout: Update it.

If you ARE running the latest sexout:

Saving during a scene should work ok. I did test that during the last beta cycle. This is the first version making use of the new NVSE function to tell sexout that the game is in TFC or not. That feature is new in NVSE, so sexout could not check it and fix it on a game load in older versions.

When you loaded the "broken" game in TFC, was the animation still playing? If not, something has gone wrong, and toggling out of TFC did not fix things because the act did not actually finish and clean up after itself. Sexout thought it was still happening, so the actors remained locked, probably bad items stayed in inventory, etc. Deleting the NVSE and/or NX save files is a BAD idea. At best it will just reset unimportant vars like sex counters. At worst it will reset a whole bunch more stuff that all kinds of mods need.

If you are going to delete those files, you also need to make a clean save without the mods that are storing things in them.

So a few tips

1. SAVE MORE OFTEN. This is pretty basic.

2. If loading a save made while a sex act is running doesn't work, report the bug. Provide the save as an attachment along with the NVSE and NX files.

3. Do NOT just delete the NVSE or NX savefiles. You will more than likely screw things up even worse down the road.

Deleting the NVSE and/or NX save files is a BAD idea. At best it will just reset unimportant vars like sex counters. At worst it will reset a whole bunch more stuff that all kinds of mods need.

I feel compelled to stress the importance of this. Spunk, for instance, would need a clean install if the nvse file to your save was removed because it holds all kinds of arrays that function as libraries.

Archived