Ebola

Myst42

You know you make alot of sense weandi, i'm not one for conspiracies and such but what are they best ways to handle an out flux of population? You have the best two ways right here, War and disease. Those can kill thousands and the government can stay clean and act like its sorry.

As far your comment Rayblue I don't fear and all actual sense I've been waiting. Its only a matter of time but its not gonna happen yet. Like is said in my last post this is a bullshit way to kill society....We need some nukes or some shit or some new disease that infects millions. Then we can see the world end.....Ebola is going on cause their allowing it. Simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...

Some rumors around that the numbers are unreported because whole villages are being wiped out. In future when our descendants return from the arctic to repopulate the Earth and they unearth a copy of ebola-chan they'll applaud us for our humour and decry us for not closing down ports and cancel flights out of West Africa.

funny thing about ebola, the cdc created a vaccination for it in the late 1970's which ended its death toll. Now all the sudden it exists again and people like mark suckerburger are paying millions of dollars for the funding of research to end this disease. Which is quite funny considering the goverment and the cdc both have the vaccination for it. so anyone living in the areas where it has broken out and become a epidemic are just areas where Population control is needed, like for instance Texas, where there is a huge strain of it getting passed around because " ebola which is a disease that is contracted through coughing in a persons face can kill them" yup a disease that passes through your bloodstream just magically because an aerosol. Highly doubtful.

No, first tests of a vaccine were in 2003.

No, it wasn't ended via vaccine in the 70s, there have been occasional outbreaks since then.  Research has been continuing as to what species act as reservoirs since that time, so far we haven't found the reservoirs.

No, the government AND the CDC aren't in possession of a working vaccine, and the CDC is PART of the government.

No, its not becoming an epidemic in Texas, what's happening in Texas is pretty much the exact opposite of an epidemic.

No, one wouldn't use it for population control in Texas, or any other area, as you lack control over who catches it, and lack the ability to stop people from catching it.

No, its not transmitted only through blood, its transmitted through bodily fluids (though it is associated with blood, since it is a hemorrhagic fever)...which, when you cough, becomes an aerosol.

Just say no to bad science and worse conspiracy theories.

Before the current outbreak of Ebola there were six known strains of Ebola (technically only five since Marburg (city in Germany) got it's own classification, based on the virus shape being very different from the other five).  The others are Bundibugyo, Tai Forest, Reston (no known human infection but transmissable among primates), Ebola Sudan and Ebola Zaire.  I find it odd that I can not find the mortality rates for these viruses any more.  I want to say that back in the 90's they were calculated and Ebola Sudan came out to about a 90% mortality rate (and a 10% non infection rate in individuals known to have been exposed) and Ebola Zaire was in the vicinity of 95% mortality.  These outbreaks also occured in villages where there was most likely not a hospital or anyway to get treatment to infected individuals.  So back to the question of a cure/vaccine for Ebola, even if one existed, there is a one in six (one in four if we ignore Reston and Marburg) chance of that vaccine being for the correct strain of Ebola.  I have no idea if they have identified the strain in the current outbreak, I honestly haven't been paying it much attention.

Ok....population control...???  Seriously?  Where are the tin foil hats folks?

No way an American politician is going to ever dream of killing off his constituents.  Tax them to fucking hell and back, yes.  Kill them, no.

Besides, I live in Texas and there is NO ebola flying, swimming, skating, surfing or hanging out in bars down here.  As JoeMonco said in the post above:  "Syphilis is going to kill more people this year than ebola."

immigrants 

Stop it. No need to bash people from other cultures on this forum.

What? :)

Ebola is a reason to refuse immigrants. Or is this not true? :)

Oh, and do not need to teach me what to write and what not, better watch yourself.

immigrants 

Stop it. No need to bash people from other cultures on this forum.

What? :)

Ebola is a reason to refuse immigrants. Or is this not true? :)

Oh, and do not need to teach me what to write and what not, better watch yourself.

What about people coming back to their homeland ?

They could probably carry ebola also... :-/

It's a "reason" (not my thought) to lock "frontier" not "only" immigrants. Politics may play with this but...

I don't care about ebola shit stuff told. Ebola is the best fear for people who can leave easily but starvation is worse and should be a priority.

Archived