LAPF Enhanced 1st Person Skeleton

View File

LAPF "Enhanced" 1st-person skeleton is for use with:

- 3rd person animations in 1st person view
- Deadly Reflex 6 (and earlier)
- Unnecessary Violence III (and earlier).

Unless you are using one of those mods, it won't work. LAPF now includes an updated 1st-person skeleton for those who don't need this enhanced version (also available here as a separate download).

Although designed to add support for LAPF animations, LAPF isn't required. This should work for all users of the above mods.

This skeleton adds buttock bones and OP breast movement bones needed for certain clothes and armors, adds LAPF bones needed for LAPF animations, and works well with Enhanced Camera.

NOTE 1. - For anyone using the LAPF Enhanced 1st-Person Skeleton and having trouble with camera placement (incorrect zoom, the direction your character is facing, the height of your character when you talk to people, etc.) idle_recovery.kf should help.

It should go into your Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson folder.

The mods the Enhanced 1st-Person Skeleton is meant for should all have a similar file (usually just named idle.kf) which is too easily overwritten. Idle_recovery.kf does the same thing and is less likely to be overwritten.

NOTE 2. - If the LAPF Enhanced 1st-Person Skeleton is working well, please don't add idle_recovery.kf "just in case." I have no idea what would happen with two files providing the same function but it probably wouldn't be pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

I use enhanced camera and this skeleton makes my first person view look really zoomed in and ruins both 1st/3rd camera selection (like my character is facing slightly left and i have an item/door/etc highlighted that is to the right of them)

Changing back to another 1st person skeleton fixes it. No idea what's going on.

I use enhanced camera and this skeleton makes my first person view look really zoomed in and ruins both 1st/3rd camera selection (like my character is facing slightly left and i have an item/door/etc highlighted that is to the right of them)

rinem, try adding idle_recovery.kf to your Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson folder and see if it helps:

idle_recovery.zip

rinem, try adding idle_recovery.nif to your Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson folder and see if it helps:

I tested this file and had the same issue as well.

Adding idle_recovery.nif solved it. Thanks.

rinem, try adding idle_recovery.kf to your Data\Meshes\Characters\_1stPerson folder and see if it helps:

I tested this file and had the same issue as well.

Adding idle_recovery.kf solved it. Thanks.

I'm glad it worked. I've just posted Idle_recovery.nif as a troubleshooting file for anyone else with this problem.

Thanks for your feedback!

I just discovered that while it did fix the visual anomaly, the issue with the target being off-center still persists.

Screenshot shows what I mean.

There are two things that might cause that: an incompatibility with the 3rd-person skeleton, or another file in your 1st-person folder that's conflicting with idle_recovery.kf

Technically, you shouldn't ever need idle_recovery.kf - all 1st_person mods should already have a file that does the same thing, so maybe that mod is corrupted,

What 3rd-person skeleton are you using, and what 1st-person mod are you using?

To troubleshoot, try using the 3rd-person skeleton from LAPF (in the _Male folder, of course). If that doesn't fix it, try substituting my 1st-person skeleton with the 1st-person skeletion from LAPF. Try both experiments with and without idle_recovery.kf. One of those combinations should work.

Yeah, the LAPF included 1st person skeleton works just fine. That's the one I was using before trying this one. 3rd person skeleton I'm using is the one included with LAPF if I'm not mistaken. Guess I'll stick with that. Seems to work fine.

Okay - that's good to know. I'm glad it's working.

• 4 months later...

Thought about giving Unnecessary Violence a try and noticed its skeleton has about 20 extra nodes so I looked to this. Has anyone given the two a try yet, or just the regular LAPF skeleton?

I haven't heard of any problems. Let me know if you run into any.

Nothing major but I didn't do a thorough test either. Some issues with wielding a weapon - having to do it twice as it called some other animation first that didn't seem to finish. But, Oblivion just being Oblivion or just random crashing, it had some stability issues and worse, wasn't all that interesting - but that's partly because Gamebryo in this shape doesn't work too well for some combat modding as it's too clunky for more refined combat. Princess Stabbity, which is just an animation replacer impressed me more than this did, and using the vanilla system felt far less clunky.

• 6 months later...

I was hoping, your mod would fix the Deadly Reflex 6 first person camera bug. The angle is just weird.

Sadly it did not and i really have no idea how to fix it, so i might disable the mod again.

Edit: Sadly i can't post links to show a screenshot...

Edited by Kongolan

I was hoping, your mod would fix the Deadly Reflex 6 first person camera bug. The angle is just weird.

Sadly it did not and i really have no idea how to fix it, so i might disable the mod again.

Edit: Sadly i can't post links to show a screenshot...

It usually works well with DR6. Did you try adding "idle_recovery.kf" to the _1stPerson folder? Or if you added it, did you try removing it?

Also, if you're using OblivionReloaded, I think there are some scripts that you need to disable to get DR6 and/or UV to work properly.

so if i only use the enhancedcamera obse plugin, do i need this so it works with LAPF or would that be unnecessary?

Its unnecessary. LAPF includes its own 1st-person skeleton. As far as I know, there are only three mods that need this skeleton: UV, DR, and "3rd Person Animations in 1st Person View".

Just for clarification, DR5 does not need this skeleton.

Without penis bones, their 1st-person skeleton won't display the LAPF penis animations. And the last time I checked, they also lacked the hip bones needed by buttock animations. If they've added those, please let me know and I'll update my readme. Thanks!

The camera angle bug is due to DR5 including a skeleton in it (which it should not have).  Go delete that skeleton and then install either the LAPF or Growlf's universal skeleton.  This problem is WELL documented and a simple google search will tell you everything you need to know.

Don't forget to archive invalidate via bsa redirection after that.

• 2 months later...