GeForce GTX 680 Giveaway, ENDED! Congrats to Zaz!

Bromm83

Very nice of the op to do this and congrats to Zaz for contributing so much to this community :)

I may do something similar when I buy my GTX 980s to replace my aging EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB cards. I may do the same for my aging i7 920 D0 along with the MSI X58 Pro-E Motherboard and the 12GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Triple Channel RAM. I just purchased an i7 5930k and a EVGA x99 Classified motherboard. I'm beginning to replace my aging PC and still need to by the 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3000 kit that I want along with the GTX 980's. I won't get the 980s until Spring 2015 and may just wait on buying a GTX 980 Ti that I think would launch around that time since I'm not to big of a fan of the 256 bit bus they went with the GTX 980. I want the 384 bit bus that the GTX 780 Ti has because I also just purchased a 55 inch LG 55UB8500 4k 3D HDMI 2.0 UHDTV. My poor GTX 680 4GB SLI cards can barely go above 30 FPS with ENB at 2160p, but Skyrim modded along with BF4, Metro 2033 and such look gorgeous in 4k.

Lol , if its spare I could use a card :P ,I'm using a 9800gt still since my lappy crashed last November. But still saving up for a new laptop for Christmas hopefully

Cheers

That being said I wonder if my crappy dual core would support such a card

Wow someone has the same specs as I do lol

I can only feel the pain of trying to run things on that, congrats on getting the 680.

My XFX 9800gt 512 ddr3 ran Skyrim decently enough so I could play at low to medium Settings without ENB and HR textures and using HiAlgo Boost , the problem was using higher versions of 3ds max or any 3d software. I know my 9800gt is dying soon because I had encountered the 'artifacts' bug sometime ago ( common in the 8800/9800 series ), its not under warranty it may die soon.

Where I am from Computers/Electronic  are considered as luxury items ( 21% up to 35%  VAT )  It maybe cheaper to pay someone from the West to pick up and ship electronic items cause since the VAT increased .

Cheers

My XFX 9800gt 512 ddr3 ran Skyrim decently enough so I could play at low to medium Settings without ENB and HR textures and using HiAlgo Boost , the problem was using higher versions of 3ds max or any 3d software. I know my 9800gt is dying soon because I had encountered the 'artifacts' bug sometime ago ( common in the 8800/9800 series ), its not under warranty it may die soon.

Where I am from Computers/Electronic  are considered as luxury items ( 21% up to 35%  VAT )  It maybe cheaper to pay someone from the West to pick up and ship electronic items cause since the VAT increased .

Cheers

How old is that card ?? mine looked like it was dying too with artifacts. i just opened it up and applied fresh new thermal paste because after some time dust and thermal paste needs to be removed and new thermal paste applied after that my card was working fine as brand new. So it good to try this at least you then keep it as a back card if someday the other card really dies.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived