"Feminist" nightmare

nonusnomeni

I clicked play and was ready to be enraged. I was surprised when I found out she isn't a stereotypical Tumblr feminist. She's a normal person with common sense.

She's not a third wave feminist but instead a second wave (aka an actual one).

Third wave tumblr feminist need to go away. They don't want equality. They want nothing but benefits and with zero downsides. Most don't even know what the heck they want. It's mostly college students in their 20's who took a class ran by a degenerate college professor who does nothing but smoke weed all day and play a guitar. Anyone in their 30's who has ever tried to speak to a 23 year old girl know how stupid they can be. (this is coming from a 20-something, so I know first hand).

Combine being young, stupid but thinking you know everything, and stupid ideals (objectively stupid as far as I'm concerned) you have a crappy group of people who are getting way too much attention and momentum and using that as validity.

So they're basically comparing insulting someone's shirt to rape? That's a really shitty nonsense point. The whole "she had it coming dressed like that" thing is monstrously horrible because it's blaming a victim for something that nobody deserves to have happened to them. If you take out the rape part, you're not even making a point anymore, you're just saying one thing sounds like another thing. Unless the point is "criticizing someone's fashion is always unforgivably terrible, and nobody deserves that, no matter how stupid their clothes are" then those image macros are saying absolutely nothing. Except for the Kardashian one, which is pretty spot on, nobody complained about that obvious photoshop hack job.

a feminist bashed a man who landed a spacecraft on a comet

And not a single damned mention of any of the women on that team by anyone being paid to copy the Daily Mail's whining about an ugly shirt.

"Mean girls" online mobbing may be fun for some, but it's not likely to appeal for long. If self-proclaimed feminists have nothing more to offer than that sort of bullying, then their obsolescence is well deserved.

Time was bullied into removing feminist from their poll.

Feminism might not have seemed so bad if this women was at the face of it.  She is actually enlightening.

Alright.

Now I'd like to say what I'm about to say because I don't ever involve myself in a topic about feminism and it's a good chance to say it. That and loverslab community appears to me as a place of both acceptance and wisdom.

Now commencing small rant:

I don't understand feminisim.

Why it exists other then to be mad at men and ruin people, I dont know and I highly doubt there is really any reason beyond limiting freedoms under the banner of equality.

Now see here people..From what I understand about society, besides it's filled with common filth here and there. I thought women were already considered equal and born as equal as any other man  and the general public doesn't have a problem with it.

In some instances. It seems to me, rather then helping women, it's trying to limit the freedom of men along with the freedom for a women to do what she wants to do and be what she wants to be, and wear what she wants.

I have seen a women wear something slightly "skimpy"  in a youtube video(a bra and wearing pants)and somehow that correlated to sexism, as well as an argument that stemmed from feminismist complaints and several men being afraid of the knot in their shorts, literally. I personally don't care what this women decided to wear as she is not -mine- or theirs to control no matter how much they might want too or wish to dictate the lives of women across the world.

I suppose this could be explained by "this is the internet". Since I've only seen this happen a few times.

Do tell me how horribly wrong I may or may not be for thinking this way~

I am curious to the perspectives of the women here in loverslab in paticular and wish to hear what they may have to say about feminism.

I wonder if it's what I'm expecting.

Uh, both? Or...I don't know, I'm confused now. I disagree with the idea that saying someone deserved to be insulted for the way they dress is anything at all like saying someone deserved to be raped for the way they dress, as those image macros suggested.

saying someone deserved to be insulted for the way they dress

saying someone deserved to be raped for the way they dress

Really? Not at all alike? They are both variations on the phrase "someone deserved X for the way they dress". Except for one word, they are identical phrases. You yourself said:

The whole "she had it coming dressed like that" thing is monstrously horrible because it's blaming a victim for something that nobody deserves to have happened to them.

For emphasis, here's why it's horrible, according to you:

because it's blaming a victim for something that nobody deserves to have happened to them.

Yet you want to limit what that "something" can be? People doing that is exactly the type of blatant hypocrisy that the images were trying to point out.

He CHOSE to wear a shitty, stupid shirt [...] No sympathy.

Are you saying he deserved it because of what he was wearing?

Gosh, that sounds awfully familiar.

No one is saying that the shirt situation is comparable to rape. What they are saying is that blaming someone for what they're wearing is awfully similar to blaming someone for what they're wearing, and that if you can't do it one situation then why can you do it in another?

Yes, I do not consider a rape and an insult to be anywhere close to the same thing. There is no justification for rape, there are many justifications for insulting someone. As I said before, rape has nothing to do with what someone is wearing, whereas this issue is entirely about what he was wearing.

This guy didn't get insulted for other reasons and then it was blamed on what he wore, he really DID get insulted solely for what he was wearing, that was the entire issue. But nobody gets raped solely for what they are wearing, and if you said that you would be wrong and stupid and fucking horrible. They are nowhere close to the same issue, they just both involve pointing out what someone wore, that is the ONLY thing the two statements have in common.

I've tried to stay polite up to this point, I really have, but let me be perfectly clear so you can understand me:

I do not consider a rape and an insult to be anywhere close to the same thing

Who cares? No one. No one cares. This is not important. Stop saying it. It has nothing to do with this. For the last time, we aren't comparing rape to an insult, we are comparing statements to other statements. What the statements are about does not matter. You are attempting to confuse the situation by twisting it to make it be about something it is not. Stop it.

they just both involve pointing out what someone wore, that is the ONLY thing the two statements have in common

This is false. This is not something you can have an opinion on. This is an objective situation. It is a fact that both are variations on the phrase "someone deserved X for the way they dress". Stop trying to say that they aren't. YOU ARE WRONG. Both statements are blaming someone for what they wore.

It does not matter if one is rape and one is an insult. It does not matter if one is robbery and one is being hit with a pie. It does not matter if one is arson, one is murder, and one is jaywalking. This is not opinion. What matters is that there is a blanket statement of "do not blame someone becuase of their clothes" said by the same sort of people who are turning around and blaming someone because of their clothes. This is not opinion. This has occurred. It is a fact that it has occurred.

People have taken to the internet and not only insulted this man but humiliated him to the point of tears because of how he dressed. People are accusing him of being sexist because of how he dressed. They are accusing him of holding back progress because of how he dressed. He's being accussed of single-handedly stopping women from entering scientific fields because of how he dressed.

These are people who say you shouldn't blame someone because of how they dressed.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then I can't help you. No one can help you.

The whole feminist argument was basically just "you deserve to be insulted for doing something I disagree with", and if you think that is even remotely close to "you deserve to be raped for wearing something revealing", that's your problem. Just because the thing he did was put on a shirt they found offensive, doesn't mean these are the same issues and it's not an incredibly weak and desperate tactic to compare the two. As I already said, this actually DID happen because of what he wore, whereas if you say someone got raped because of what they wore, that would be wrong, so the two things are not the same.

Let me try to put this even simpler. Is it correct that all this happened because he put a shirt on? Yes or no?

And is it correct that when someone gets raped, it is because of what they chose to wear? Yes or no?

If you do not have the same answer for both of those questions, they are two completely different things that should not be compared.

On a side note, I just know I'm gonna be the one who gets blamed for this argument. It happens all the time. Whether it starts with my comment, or my response to someones comment, I still get blamed for starting it either way, and I get blamed for continuing it even though the other person is too, and I'm the only one who gets in trouble pr banned for it. Just because I don't like ignoring people who say something to me. Although in every case I also just happen to be the one with the less popular opinion too, so, yeah, big coincidence huh?

Fact #1 People say you shouldn't victimize a person for what they wear.

Fact #2 Those same people are victimizing a person for what they wear.

That is the beginning and the end of the relevant information. The situation surrounding the comments is irrelevant and despite your attempts to make it so it will not suddenly become relevant. A person cannot issue a blanket statement regarding a certain action and then go against said statement without the risk of rightfully being called out on their hypocrisy.

Is it correct that all this happened because he put a shirt on? Yes or no?

And is it correct that when someone gets raped, it is because of what they chose to wear? Yes or no?

If you do not have the same answer for both of those questions, they are two completely different things that should not be compared.

This is not relevant. Your bizarre insistence that it is astounds me and your continuing attempts to handwave the faulty generalization being made by claiming the original statement does not extend to the current situation, even though it does, has convinced me that you are arguing in bad faith. I am going to Ignore you now because your inability to keep to the relevant points of discussion is making me consider taking a hammer to my own head to be a less painful alternative, but before I go I leave with you two points:

1. I seriously suggest you educate yourself on the concept of generalizations. There is one at the core of this issue and you don't seem to understand that.

2. Congratulations! You've won the Ugly Shirt With No Context game by making my head hurt more than the comment that said "You can't truly be racist against white people."

Here is your reward:

post-10712-0-05974700-1416141681_thumb.png

Round 2, GO!

post-10712-0-71387200-1416141708_thumb.jpg

SCOREBOARD

No entries :(

Archived