Witcher 2's Ves Whore outfit Import

MonaBabii

Hey!
Ok so, after learning a thing or two about using NifSkope and the Creation Kit (and with the help of Mod Organizer's feature to unpack .bsa files) I managed to pull Ves' Whore outfit from This Mod and make her clothes "it's own mod" per se.
Now that I have finally managed to put the clothes in the game and everything works just fine, I've stumbled upon 2 issues;

-1) Without Witcher 2's lighting/environment the textures on the outfit look as if I had pulled this from Borderlands or something lol, which is not really a big issue as textures are actually my forte. So once everything is done as far as meshes and such goes I'll just re-texture the clothes and that's it.
-2) The body underneath the clothes (in-game) seems to be UNP (I believe it's UNP Slim? not entirely sure), but there is a very visible seam around the neck (I'm using the UNPB body myself [TBBP]), and a rather subtle seam around the wrists (probably one around the ankles as well but I didn't notice it). My problem here is that I have no knowledge how to create/modify 3D models in programs such as 3DSMax and Blender (hate Blender to death >_<), and the tutorial/guides I seem to be finding to readjust the body for the mesh all seem to ask me to import the mesh into Blender along with the new body's files and adjust most of it in there.

My question is, is there any other way I could adjust the body without having to use a program like Blender? I was hoping I could manage it through NifSkope but something tells me it's not that easy >_<--Or for that matter, is there anyone out there with 3D skills that would be willing to give me a hand at adjusting the current outfit's body to UNP/UNPB (and maybe even add BBP to it if it's not much of a hassle, or you care at all, makes no real difference to me)??

Here's a few pictures of the current outfit in my game and the seams (no ankle seams, double-checked):

post-48796-0-25559400-1410036019_thumb.jpg

post-48796-0-60164100-1410036360_thumb.jpg

post-48796-0-86440100-1410036366_thumb.jpg

And again... that texture is gonna go. Going to work on it until it looks decent at least from the current HORRID status.

Thanks a ton in advance for any hand/help/tip/hint you can provide :)
 --------------------------------
Update 1: Clicky.

Update 2: Clicky.

Final Update: Clicky.

---------------------------------

Download Link

I might be able to take a look at doing this for you, if you don't need a solution today — particularly if you don't mind me converting it to my own preferred bodytype afterward, ha. I mostly work with 3DSMax now, as Blender has never played nice with my workflow. Feel free to PM me if you like.

(I'm sort of away from my primary system until tomorrow at the earliest)

Alternatively, you might be able to do it yourself using the Outfit Studio that comes with Bodyslide 2.0. It's not a perfect solution to every problem, but it has enough tools to get a lot of basic adjustments done pretty easily, and unlike Max and Blender it works natively with the Nif format. And there are a lot of tutorials out there. You could probably do what you're looking for in there.

I might be able to take a look at doing this for you, if you don't need a solution today — particularly if you don't mind me converting it to my own preferred bodytype afterward, ha. I mostly work with 3DSMax now, as Blender has never played nice with my workflow. Feel free to PM me if you like.

(I'm sort of away from my primary system until tomorrow at the earliest)

Alternatively, you might be able to do it yourself using the Outfit Studio that comes with Bodyslide 2.0. It's not a perfect solution to every problem, but it has enough tools to get a lot of basic adjustments done pretty easily, and unlike Max and Blender it works natively with the Nif format. And there are a lot of tutorials out there. You could probably do what you're looking for in there.

Oh.. well by all means lol, I'll send you the packed files via PM and you can take a look at it at your earliest convenience. The meshes are not my own in the slightest (property of CD Projekt Red) and I didn't even do the import into Skyrim, just took it from a very large Witcher mod that adds too many other things, vanilla-tweaks and is pretty old and outdated.

But yeah, for all it's worth, feel free to convert it to anything you like, and if you happen to have it in you to convert it to the body I'm using/looking for then all the better :)

Thanks a ton! I'll be sending you the file in a couple minutes.

Edit: File sent :) Whenever you're done with the meshes and all that I'll start right away working on the textures and we can call the "mod" good :)

On the seams are they present in the nif or just in game? If they only appear in game it could be a weight issue. Meaning you have to have your players body set to a certain weight for the seams to disappear. 

Oh, I didn't think of that... of course. I'll try it the next time I jump in-game, thanks for the suggestion!

Still though, it would be good to have the outfit behave with whatever weight you're on.

Edit: Can't really tell if the seams are there in the nif itself because NifSkope is only loading the body. No hands nor head. I'm still pretty sure it's just a matter of the body being a different type of UNP.

You could use gerra6's converter and convert it to the body you are using. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/ Use the 85. build found in the later part of the thread as that is the newest one. No blender or 3dmax needed to be able to use it. It works on fallout new vegas oblivion and skyrim.

Thank you :) If Xarathos tells me he's not going to do it then I'll attempt it myself :P and that link seems useful so, thanks!

Here's a crappy comparison picture of the original texture (on the right) and the new work in progress on the left:

post-48796-0-81155100-1410051369_thumb.png

This is by no means finished though :P still needs a lot of work, but God it's horrible re-texturing things made by official game developers. It's like they make the UV Mapping as complicated as possible >_< But I'm gonna get it right gosh darn it!

Okay, so! I think the texture is now looking way better, and although it could still use a lot of work specially if you/I were trying to make it "high definition", I don't think I have it in me to go that deep into it giving it's not even an armor of my own or anything xD but I guess if anyone seeing this/downloading the outfit when it's ready is really getting bothered by some specific detail of the texture I can always try to work it out.

Here's a couple pictures showing the before and after on NifSkope. I should take the same pictures in-game instead as that's where you can really see how heavily improved the texture is, specially with some weird texture oddities that were going on with the mesh, but can't go in game right now.

Before:

post-48796-0-02761800-1410092784_thumb.jpg

After:

post-48796-0-18502500-1410092800_thumb.jpg

It's not -incredibly- noticeable in NifSkope but there were areas of the texture that were very screwy, I imagine due to the loss of quality when the thing was imported from Witcher, but for example the area on the little skirt/shorts/mini-pantaloon thingy to the right of the tip of the belt, where there's an orange patch of texture on the skirt, that area of the texture was VERY noticeable in-game and looked very bad and dark depending on lighting (in fact you can see it on the first picture I uploaded in the first Post, the dark odd patch of color to the right of the belt end on the shorts)--This weird patch thing is still there as I believe I have no way of fixing it without using a 3D program, but it's far less noticeable.

Another screwy area was where the front and the back of the "vest" texture meets (look at the "side" picture), right above the belt on the vest's seam. That area was also very bad and noticeable in game as it looked (and indeed was) like the texture was wrongly wrapping around the mesh. I've worked around both of these issues through NifSkope by moving a few nodes here and there on the UV Map.

Other areas I tried to work on a little more were the little tiny cords on the side of the shorts, the matching color for both the vest's cord and the thigh strap thingy, the slight improvement to the shine of the metallic parts of the belt, and overall just tried to make the texture look less cartoony (as you can see in one of the first images I uploaded taken in-game) and slightly more realistic, though without losing the ragged, "filthy"-like feel to the outfit.

Anyway! As soon as I get word from +Xarathos on the mesh and join the two things together, it'll all be ready for packing and uploading for anyone who's interested :) I'll make sure to also include the original textures for the outfit in case someone out there likes it better.

Decided to work a tiny bit more on the texture, and realized that as I actually like texturing, I may just continue tweaking it even if I say I won't lol, likely until I come across another/my next project :P

Here's a picture of the new tweaks, now featuring circles and numbers!:

post-48796-0-22570000-1410106992_thumb.jpg

Basically:

1- Showing the re-work on the texture/fabric on the inner-side of the vest.

2- Showing the re-work on the little rings where the tiny cords go through.

3- Showing again, re-work on the little rings, this time on rings that in the default texture are completely dark/black and barely even visible, to simulate shadows on the texture (Witcher... tsk tsk), so I just brought those rings back to life, and adjusted the UV mapping on the mesh slightly through NifSkope so the texture wraps slightly better around those areas, and the rings don't look TOO distorted...

Okay so, finally after a couple days of constant tweaking both on my end on the texture *and* on Xarathos end (mostly on him as he's the one who has done everything mesh related), the final texture is done, I'd say. I may tweak it a little bit more every now and then, or as I said before, if anyone is particularly offended about a particular area of the texture I could see what can be done about it :)

Here's the old/original texture shots:

post-48796-0-50869000-1410304148_thumb.jpg

And here's the new texture shots:

post-48796-0-46160700-1410304101_thumb.png

Now, texture aside, a lot of work went into fixing this mesh, properly adjusting it to the UNPB body, correcting UV Mapping issues, general weirdness that would mess with the texture, and even adding weight slider support to it and BBP. All of this is entirely thanks to Xarathos, so if you like this particular port's tweakings make sure to let them know how awesome they are :D

I'll be making a proper post over at the Downloads board to get this thing out there as soon as I can, which can mean in the next couple of minutes or tomorrow.

On the other hand, Xarathos has also adjusted this outfit for the Oppai (I think that's what it's called, I'll make sure to get it right along with a proper link over at the downloads thread :P) body, and so they'll also be uploading their own version over there. So if even bigger breasts is your thing he's also got you pretty much covered :D

Here's a little bonus idea that I suggested to Xarathos and he complied =D directly applying the change to the actual meshes instead of me doing it via Alpha channels/layers, which would cause the usual weirdness when it came to the outfit interacting with anything else that's also using transparencies in game.

post-48796-0-78936300-1410304732_thumb.png

A version without the shorts/medieval underwear =D for extra perv...er.... modularity  :shy:

haha Oh God...

Well, I'm not really good with 3D models at all, it's the entire point of this thread. I think you would have much better luck if you posted your request in a CBBE conversions thread instead, though I guess it doesn't hurt also having it here :P

Sorry though :( Wish I could help.

Damn..

By the way, you wouldn't happen to know why the meshes won't show up in NifSkope would you? I downloaded the mod that the meshes here came from and even those wouldn't show up in the display window. They show up in Bodyslide just fine though (at least the meshes from this conversion do).

Nope, I have no clue :o If you downloaded the mod I got they should show up just fine, unless there's something wrong with your copy of NifSkope.

Just so we're clear though, there are 2 mods that you could possibly download to get the Ves outfit's meshes from, the original mod, and then the mod the original author handed over so another person could carry on with its maintenance (sadly that didn't last long either). I downloaded the "original" one. Maybe you downloaded the other?

Also I invite you to click on the link in my signature to go to the support topic for the final download for this outfit :P This here thread was me basically asking for help. Over at the final one I've even uploaded another recolor as an optional download. That's the thread I'd like to keep an eye on and maintain :)

@Z0mBieP00Nani

The meshes show up fine in my nifskope. Have you tried the New Clothing Body Style Converter Release Candidate by Gerra6's to convert the armor to CBBE? You would need a CBBE body to put into the to folder.

@MonaBabii

Looks great! Will be checking it out.

No, I didn't know something like that existed, I'll have to check that out.

On another note I managed to get everything working properly, I also figured out that apparently the reason why the meshes weren't showing up in NifsKope is because of the settings I had it on, as soon as I clicked one of the eye icons it showed up.. which is odd because last night when I tried that it didn't work.

post-145287-0-93464100-1410563326_thumb.jpg

post-145287-0-93920400-1410563344_thumb.jpg

@MonaBabii

Fixed the link in my post stupid copy and paste link breaking pasting had to repaste the link then copy and paste the whole post into notebook then copy and paste it back into the post to get it to change. The clothing converter is located under loverslab - general - modders resources at the top of LL's main page.

It's a oblivion body it is in the set body mod for oblivion. 

post-25667-0-38062000-1410631425_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-21377000-1410631502_thumb.jpg

The SHEMUSCLE body is from the SHEMUSCLE mod on the nexus in the oblivion section.

Getting the bodies to convert nicely from other beth games is kind of trial and error and tricky as the converter works better with matching UV maps. Like say you want to convert a UNP body to a different UNP size. Then those will convert better then trying to convert from one body type to another as the UV maps will not match.

Usually if I convert a CBBE body to a UNP body I remove the CBBE body out of the nif and then paste my players body branch or body that I converted it to into the nif. As a CBBE body converted to UNP body will still have CBBE texture rigging and you will have those hip marks that you get when trying to wear CBBE armor/outfit while using a UNP body.

Archived