How does your mod determine if a cage in the vicinity will be used for the night?

I played around with this a bit, it works mostly, but not always. I'm not sure what's normal and what isn't. Here's what happened to me:

- I got enslaved in Broken Tower Redoubt, in the main big inside area, near the beginning. Your cage is near the top of that area. My new owner decided that it is not worth going up two flights of stairs to lock me up though and preferred to stay awake the whole night.

- Next try I got enslaved inside the cage room. First night worked ok, but the next night we were downstairs just before midnight, so my owner adopted the behavior of the previous one and stayed put during the whole night instead of going back to the cage and her bed.

- Next night, same owner. We went to the final area (where the hagraven is) which has its own cages / cells. Instead of using one of these, my owner walked back outside and into the main tower to lock me up there.

- I then tried to take a walk with my owner. We went to Karthspire (the outside camp). I parked us at the top cage. My owner decided to use the workbench the whole night instead of locking me up.

- Another try inside cragwallow slope. Got enslaved by the mage near the cell. She didn't want to use the cell for me though and stayed awake instead. When I unlocked the cell with the console, she immediately went inside and fell asleep on the straw bed. :s

So - is this my computer trying to tell me it is overworked or are these bugs? ;)

I was going to patch that, so the whole cage scene would have had its own quest. (but then SD+ 3.xx came out)

That way when the time comes (midnight i.e. 0:00) a specific AI package will fire the cage quest on your master's alias. This quest will then search for a nearby cage, and if found will lock you inside. Otherwise will lock you in some awesome ZaZ bondage furniture next where your master sleeps.

The way SD+ works now, unless @skyrimll changed it, is when the enslavement happens that is when a nearby cage is found, after which your master will lock you in THAT cage even if at 0:00 you are closer to a different one.   

I cannot see a way to do that without overriding @skyrimll's SD+3 scripts and quests. This will result in my patch fighting all @skyrimll's SD+ 3 future updates (i.e. a new update will break the patch, and a new patch will break the update), and that is something I will not do.

I tried before to have @skyrimll incorporate my patches/changes into SD+ 3 directly, but @skyrimll did not like any/most of them, which I understand - not my mod after all, and the final decision should be made by the mod author.  

So, are you the one adding badasses bandits everywhere, in such fashion that it is impossible for a regular adventurer to actually clear a simple bandit camp?

I tried twice approaching Halted Stream Camp, just to be greeted by a barrage of fireballs, 5 badasses bandit, 1 badass boss bandit and half a dozen of tanks. Not counting the regular though bandits. Maybe it's my fault, for being level 19 and not improving my fighting perks at all. I choose blacksmithing, alchemy, sneaking and that stuff that makes persuasion easier. But come on, there are 20 dudes there, and they manage to swipe the ground with me and my 2 followers.

Speaking of which, my followers are put in bleedout states but when a sex attack is triggered at the en of combat, they regain their lifes and try to rescue me. Shouldn't they be raped too?

Umm, sorry?

You do know you can limit how many bandits spawn per area. It's in the SD-Cages MCM. Just lower that number (66 by default) to one you feel more comfy with. Also you might wanna read the limitations of that feature in the OP.   

Does this work without SD+? I don't have SD+ installed in my current game but I'ld like to have those bandits.

Oh sure, SDc only requires SkyUI - for the MCM, and that is it.

Careful with the vamps. ;)

Is it ok to just over-write the previous versions? Or is a clean save needed?

Should be ok to overwrite the previous version.

66 is an arbitrary number, like I said - just reduce it to something more manageable say 6.

Yes, thanks you. I have a tendency to play with default settings. I guess the people at loverslab taught me that this habit of mine isn't very sensible. I still have some quirks to resolve and understand, but overall I'm pretty happy. The thing that gets me though, is that every damn bandit have a bow and arrows. That make going against a group of 10 "normal" bandits quite the daunting task. As it should be.

Edit: words.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

TES5Edit report navmesh deleted when check error is done :

[00:07] Background Loader: [SD Cages.esp] Building reference info.
[00:07] Background Loader: finished
[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 989519 Elapsed Time: 00:07
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 2217, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Skipping: [NAVM:00053D3C] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Morvunskar01 "Morvunskar" [CELL:00015239])
[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 2217, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
<Warning: Plugin contains 1 deleted NavMeshes which can not be undeleted>
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [03] SD Cages.esp
[00:00] All Done!

As I don't know how bad this is or how to fix it, I will disable this mod for now.

There are also some (minor) conflicts with the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, like the weather and some prisoners.

Also, it seems that LOOT is loading SD+ after SDc, is it bad? I also just noticed that SDc do not require SD+ to be used, is it right? I mean, it feels counter intuitive.

Hi,

TES5Edit report navmesh deleted when check error is done :

[00:07] Background Loader: [SD Cages.esp] Building reference info.
[00:07] Background Loader: finished
[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 989519 Elapsed Time: 00:07
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 2217, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
Skipping: [NAVM:00053D3C] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Morvunskar01 "Morvunskar" [CELL:00015239])
[Undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 2217, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
<Warning: Plugin contains 1 deleted NavMeshes which can not be undeleted>
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [03] SD Cages.esp
[00:00] All Done!

As I don't know how bad this is or how to fix it, I will disable this mod for now.

Ok, ok ... you've talked me into it!

It's fixed for the next version.

There are also some (minor) conflicts with the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch, like the weather and some prisoners.

Also, it seems that LOOT is loading SD+ after SDc, is it bad? I also just noticed that SDc do not require SD+ to be used, is it right? I mean, it feels counter intuitive.

True, SDc does not require SD+, and as such it can go anywhere in the load order, but putting it before SD+ would be best.

Added .::. New MCM option to limit how many arrows the NPCs get.

Thanks you for that. is it limiting the loot, the quantity of arrows the NPCs can lose on the player or both?

Also, my experience in Redwater Den was the strangest. I went there as part of the immerslave alternative start. I managed to get enslaved by the master vampire in the cave area, yet that master vampire was behaving weirdly. In addition to the standtard SD+ content, he was only following me around instead of making me follow him around. And then he gets teleported back to the entrance of the cave randomly. Which of course would put myself in peril since I suddenly get too far away from the owner.

Are those issues related to SDc or some shenanigans with immerslave and SD+? Heh, probably wrong place to ask, but it doesn't hurt.

Added .::. New MCM option to limit how many arrows the NPCs get.

Thanks you for that. is it limiting the loot, the quantity of arrows the NPCs can lose on the player or both?

Also, my experience in Redwater Den was the strangest. I went there as part of the immerslave alternative start. I managed to get enslaved by the master vampire in the cave area, yet that master vampire was behaving weirdly. In addition to the standtard SD+ content, he was only following me around instead of making me follow him around. And then he gets teleported back to the entrance of the cave randomly. Which of course would put myself in peril since I suddenly get too far away from the owner.

Are those issues related to SDc or some shenanigans with immerslave and SD+? Heh, probably wrong place to ask, but it doesn't hurt.

That will just limit how many 'quality arrows (i.e. ebony, daedric) ' the NPCs will get and leave behind.

That reminds me - and I forgot to put this in the OP - stay away from NPCs in Dragonscale armor, they have new weapons (not vanilla) that do some damage.

As far as the NPCs behaving strangely its a Skyrim thing. I get that behavior in Movarth's Lair. I get locked in the cage over night, and my master forgets about me in the morning because he is path-ing. :-/

Aren't all of your NPC do "some damage"? Especially the variant "Some Bandit"?! You mean, you've introduced a badder version of the badasses? How do you even fight those guys?

Okay, thanks for the insight as how weird skyrim can get. It makes me sight in relief a bit.

Yes I do fight them, and I seldom win. I never win if I just charge in Kamikaze style.  

It is true, in their default configuration they are pretty tough, but I thought that was the whole point.

Now, like I said before - you can 'normalize' them by changing their configuration settings in the MCM. For example if you uncheck 'NPCs use SDc armor', they will be much, much weaker and easier to defeat since they will have vanilla weapons and armor.

Hey great update, love the new npcs now i got an actual challenge. My question is, does this mod now work with SD+ or does is still require SD patches in order to utilize the cages. Previously if i only had SD+, the cages that were put in from your mod were not being used unless i download SD patches (now obsolete and incompatible with SD+) in which case the owner/master would actually have the PC locked up before going to bed.