the best fight animations for Skyrim?

winny257

the best fight animations for Skyrim?

I have discovered a few fight animations that took my the language!
these animations are the best I ever saw! Unfortunately I do not know if they are open to the public.

here are a few pictures that are all put in astonishment.

tumblr_mkz31iE0Hy1s2b58zo1_400.giftumblr_mkz31iE0Hy1s2b58zo3_400.giftumblr_mkz31iE0Hy1s2b58zo4_400.giftumblr_mkz31iE0Hy1s2b58zo2_400.giftumblr_mkz31iE0Hy1s2b58zo10_400.gif

The problem with Skyrim is that the animations for weapons are hardcoded, meaning that you can't extract them and work with them like all other ones, for example, all one handed weapons share the same animation, so, since there's only one animation to work with, it has little point to make some animation that looks good on a sword for example, if it will look awkward for maces and daggers, the same applies to greatswords, war hammers and battle axes (There's a mod around the net that adds a spear animation, but as I said, all other weapons will share it, so war hammers will do the thrusting too >.<) .

The fact that until today, 3 years after the game release, we still haven't proper mods for weapon animations (other than fixes) should be proof enough that either making new animations for weapons is very unpractical or  flat out impossible.

Besides, the mayority of ppl that plays Skyrim plays it on 1st person view, so for them, attack animation variety or quality is not that of a issue.

The problem with Skyrim is that the animations for weapons are hardcoded, meaning that you can't extract them and work with them like all other ones, for example, all one handed weapons share the same animation, so, since there's only one animation to work with, it has little point to make some animation that looks good on a sword for example, if it will look awkward for maces and daggers, the same applies to greatswords, war hammers and battle axes (There's a mod around the net that adds a spear animation, but as I said, all other weapons will share it, so war hammers will do the thrusting too >.<) .

The fact that until today, 3 years after the game release, we still haven't proper mods for weapon animations (other than fixes) should be proof enough that either making new animations for weapons is very unpractical or  flat out impossible.

Besides, the mayority of ppl that plays Skyrim plays it on 1st person view, so for them, attack animation variety or quality is not that of a issue.

you're absolutely right, a sword animation, looks with a Maces absolute shit out.

but it must be possible however, by ESP files, specially for a particular weapon type, animations too "Creating" .

Wow just wow, amazing!

Yeah this is the sort of thing TES games need, but i doubt we will ever see it from bethesda, whoever does the animations for them, they cant even make a normal running animation lol.

bethesda is not able to develop such animations, this is achieved solely the modding community.

Wow just wow, amazing!

Yeah this is the sort of thing TES games need, but i doubt we will ever see it from bethesda, whoever does the animations for them, they cant even make a normal running animation lol.

bethesda is not able to develop such animations, this is achieved solely the modding community.

I know right?

But its a shame, im really bored of them copy/pasting their outdated combat since morrowind.

I been searching for some mods for combat aswell, no luck either.

Those could work as Death-Cam kills or even basic animations, but just as with every other animation mod on the Nexus, they will be replacers for your 3rd person body sadly, with some funky hitboxes.

Remember that the video is about 2 years old as well, so chances of the author dusting off files and working to get them in game isn't going to be enticing for them as this point most likely :(

I'll be in the minority here and say that I don't feel like Skyrim needs to be turned into Dynasty Warriors. The best you can hope for is to exaggerate the animations and killmoves already set in the game, which lots of Japanese modders seem to have already done en masse. The guy behind those reels is pretty skilled though!

here are quite simply modder asked!

it is already possible to the character to move in 360 degrees, even swimming is possible in 360 °!

but as soon as a weapon is pulled, this 360 ° are disabled! each blow with a sword, ax, mace and every shot with a bow, is always forward (horizontal)
an example: if I'm in a fight and be attacked at once from behind, then I have to turn my character with the mouse.

why can not I just, beat or shoot rearwardly? So all combat movements in 360 °

I hope it's all to understand, my english is "equal" zero. :)

Archived