¿¿¿Performance ENB for GTX660???

Hi guyz, I am preparing for a serious playthrough, without boobs or penises xD As the title says, i have already tried several ENBS (RealVision, Project ENB,...) and they all seem to lag when turning around in-game which makes to play very uncomfortable. At this moment, i am using Zoners Performance ENB v.2, and it looks pretty steady, except for when i turn around... again. Do you know of any other better looking but no high-demanding???

COMPUTER: GTX660 (2 GB VRAM,not OC´d), Dual Core 2,5 Ghz, 4GB RAM

Hi guyz, I am preparing for a serious playthrough, without boobs or penises xD As the title says, i have already tried several ENBS (RealVision, Project ENB,...) and they all seem to lag when turning around in-game which makes to play very uncomfortable. At this moment, i am using Zoners Performance ENB v.2, and it looks pretty steady, except for when i turn around... again. Do you know of any other better looking but no high-demanding???

COMPUTER: GTX660 (2 GB VRAM,not OC´d), Dual Core 2,5 Ghz, 4GB RAM

the problem is not the enb, you are lagging

you can try that :

-unpack skyrim mesh and skyrim texture bsa

-copy paste most of your mods on that

-repack the bsa (no compression)

that took care of most of my lag

my config is about the same as yours, i just have more ram

21784198r4.jpg

13649599z.jpg

skyrim is on a ssd

i use unbleak with the 2k texture pack override by paralaxx

in donjon i have 50 to ?? fps (limit at 60)

in exterior 30 to 45

in cities 10 to 40

38471754z8.jpg

54623076z5.jpg

31823861z4.jpg

53185282z3.jpg

I have just deactivated Realistic Lighting Overhaul and changed the 4K textures by 2K ones. Now the lag turning around in places like the bottom circle of Whiterun (a lot of fires) has decreased, almost gone :3 If you ask about textures i have like every mod listed in the RealVision ENB page, except for some like Skyrim Flora Overhaul, marked as really bad for FPS; instead i simply use SkyRealism GRASS. 

More info: i run the game with the max AA and Anisotropic filtering and water whitout-reflect skies.

My other... ¿bug? occurs in foggy/rainy weather. When looking to the sky, I can see awful lines separating zones with different lights. Any help? 

Will try the Unbleak and the Bleak ENBs! Yours look awesome. The zip thing, not for now. It seems quite dizzy :s, but will take a look on Texture Optimizer. Oh, and you´re right, SilverWoldNo1, i have a shitty CPU xD Maybe it has more than 6 years. By the way, do you recommend me to OC? Or the change wont be significant?

I dont know what cpu model is that. But I have a similar cpu (Dual-core E5700 3.0 ghz OCed to 3.8 ghz) and running pretty well 160+ plug-ins

that's because you don't use enb and don't have big textures

no enb

88872546y2.jpg

enb

83507543y3.jpg

no enb

23084962y1.jpg

enb

30987440y4.jpg

you can't run that with 3 go ram

982278memoire.jpg

Yep! My textures are mosty vanilla and 1024 with some 2048 armor and mixture of 2048 and 4096 for female body. And HD texture and ENB are more VGA/Memory-heavy than CPU-heavy.

And beside, I'm happy with my non-enb setting. Wont expect much for an ancient rig :)

14228900652_5dd4bc6da6_o.png

14044632557_e945ec6a65_o.png

14203038696_7124271588_o.png

14034547599_fa83d0a497_o.png

14221012314_8e4438b1b2_o.png

14221255995_db55e00674_o.png

I have just deactivated Realistic Lighting Overhaul and changed the 4K textures by 2K ones. Now the lag turning around in places like the bottom circle of Whiterun (a lot of fires) has decreased, almost gone :3 If you ask about textures i have like every mod listed in the RealVision ENB page, except for some like Skyrim Flora Overhaul, marked as really bad for FPS; instead i simply use SkyRealism GRASS. 

More info: i run the game with the max AA and Anisotropic filtering and water whitout-reflect skies.

My other... ¿bug? occurs in foggy/rainy weather. When looking to the sky, I can see awful lines separating zones with different lights. Any help? 

Are you using real clouds as for the rainy foggy weather bug?

Nope. Shall i install it? The weather mods i have are: climates of tamriel and supreme storms.

Oh, and thanks for the quick responses, everyone :D

Nope. Shall i install it? The weather mods i have are: climates of tamriel and supreme storms.

Oh, and thanks for the quick responses, everyone :D

I know real clouds might cause this. But it sounds like it's related to some weather mods. Could try deactiving climates and supreme storms and load a fresh game and see wat happens. If this didnt fix it than i dont know as that will go somewat deeper than i know about.

Okey, as I have Climates of Tamriel, and i am not going to unistall it under any circunstance, beacuse it´s part of the Skyrim backup i am working with, i can´t use Bleak or Unbleak ENB. Reading in the forums, i noticed the weather lines bug is also caused by this mod. The only real solution carries an even bigger bug, so I won´t change anything. In spite of that, some people say the bug disappears when starting a new game :P

The lag turning around was only caused by Realistic Lightning Overhaul.  I tried Cinematic Lightning ENB and it has zero fps loos, but no real visual changes. After that i tried Seasons of Skyrim ENB, and it´s just... wondeful. I hate the 30s waiting sreens to small houses, and the minute or so for Skyrim and Cities, but i get:

exteriors: 25-50 fps

cities: 25-40

interior: 30-60

The average everywhere is 35 fps, it depends what im looking at.

Will try ENBoost and SSME.

if you're using ENB with 0.196 or newer binaries, ENBoost is already included. Tweaking it right for your computer will give you huge performance boost, you should play around with it to find the best config for your rig. Internet is your best friend

With skse 1.7+, you don't need SSME because it's already attached to skse code, just add these line to your skse.ini

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= <default heap initial allocation size in megabytes, vanilla size is 512>

ScrapHeapSizeMB= <scrap heap size in megabytes, vanilla size is 256>

But... if you have 4 gb ram or running 32bit os, memory patch won't help much because normally Skyrim will crash when it memory usage reach 3.1 gb which is very near the limit of your system (3.1 gb + windows + background software ~4 gb, 32 bit os can use max 3.2 gb of ram). In this case, you should try safety load instead and enable memory compression in enb/enboost

Will try the Unbleak and the Bleak ENBs! Yours look awesome. The zip thing, not for now. It seems quite dizzy :s, but will take a look on Texture Optimizer. Oh, and you´re right, SilverWoldNo1, i have a shitty CPU xD Maybe it has more than 6 years. By the way, do you recommend me to OC? Or the change wont be significant?

Your realy should use all textures in lite versions, it make not that big difference between 4k and 2k.

To many animal mods NPC mods also give a huge penalty to perrformance.

Many scripted mods also.

Don´t run background programs like virusscanners or others like fraps whatever during playing.

OC your CPU while playing skyrim can cause sometimes also problems.

Make sure you have right ini values also in youe ENB ini.

Don´t use dynavision or DOF it give that stutter.

As some already pointed out SSME or safetyload no need anymore when running skse 1.7

When using SFO use grass on steroids and in skyrim ini place this lines

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=8

iMinGrassSize=40)make this 120 it improves your FPS alot.

Make sure all your AA ANTRIPOSOFIC are disabled in your skyrim launcher and Nvidia app. ENB take care of that.

Use performance ENB not the full versions.

But as there are many good guide to tweak it even further.

Good luck.

I dont know what cpu model is that. But I have a similar cpu (Dual-core E5700 3.0 ghz OCed to 3.8 ghz) and running pretty well 160+ plug-ins

that's because you don't use enb and don't have big textures

no enb

88872546y2.jpg

enb

83507543y3.jpg

no enb

23084962y1.jpg

enb

30987440y4.jpg

you can't run that with 3 go ram

982278memoire.jpg

Yep! My textures are mosty vanilla and 1024 with some 2048 armor and mixture of 2048 and 4096 for female body. And HD texture and ENB are more VGA/Memory-heavy than CPU-heavy.

And beside, I'm happy with my non-enb setting. Wont expect much for an ancient rig :)

14228900652_5dd4bc6da6_o.png

14044632557_e945ec6a65_o.png

14203038696_7124271588_o.png

14034547599_fa83d0a497_o.png

14221012314_8e4438b1b2_o.png

14221255995_db55e00674_o.png

These are very good for non enb, nice.

My SKSE is 1.6.X so i didn´t have it. I know ENBoost comes along the newer versions but hhadn´t configured that before. Some people say you have to set in videomemorysize this: (e.g. VRAM + RAM - 2048), in my case, 4096... but in this page: http://www.warmsandsguild.com/pnenb/enboost.html#nvidia (i found it in Phinix ENB, comples to install).  Apparently, SSME did nothing D: Still 1 minute to load Skyrim(exterior) for the first time.

EvasiaDutch, I use the high res from bethesda, in addittion to some others HD textures from nexus, in LITE version; i don´t have new mobs mods, i can´t OC my CPU (i was talikng about the GPU), my ENB config is good, i think; i don´t use DOF or SSAO (perfomance -.-); and instead of SFO, i use SkyRealism GRASS. Shall i change those settings yet? Also, i had Grass on Steroids but i unchecked it.

I´m adding screenshots of my actual mod order lod, if that helps:

post-347901-0-50654400-1407241285_thumb.png

post-347901-0-01849400-1407241288_thumb.png

Official HD texture ?

Rodrick.nope.gif

Deactivate them and use SHD instead, the 1024 version is much better than bethesda hd texture, and light weight. That's for the landscape. For armor, equipment I suggest you look for them bit by bit on nexus. "Amidianborn" textures are recommended.

Let's try not to turn goodwill into senseless bickering. 

To OP:

I have 660 2gb as well and I would recommend staying away from 4K textures for game playing with this card.  Difference between 4k and 2k playing at 1080p during game play is very difficult to notice.  Texture optimization is really not needed for 660 users.  You are better off taking out a specific mod or switch to 1k version of that mod rather than using optimization.  660 is powerful enough that you are very unlikely to get into trouble unless you use a lot of 4K or ungodly amount of 2K textures. 

I always stay away from ENB where the authors did not provide very detailed recommendations.  The well regarded ones like Project ENB, Seasons, Realvision or Serenity are all known to have very good installation guides.  Start from there and then test other similar mods so you always have a foundation to go back to.

Make sure your AA ANTRIPOSOFIC are disabled in your skyrim launcher and Nvidia app. ENB take care of that.

Incredibly terrible advice for any nvidia card with a driver above 320; forcing nvidia native routines and disabling ENB produces about a 50% boost; the ENB uses 100% out of frame calculated values which will destroy performance versus using onboard calculated-per-frame, the Nvidia "magic driver" (337.50)  specifically has built in shader and run time optimization routines specifically engineered for Skyrim that provide up to a 30% boost in full load framerates for anything over a geforce 480, it's literally posted in the patch notes.

Make sure your AA ANTRIPOSOFIC are disabled in your skyrim launcher and Nvidia app. ENB take care of that.

Incredibly terrible advice for any nvidia card with a driver above 320; forcing nvidia native routines and disabling ENB produces about a 50% boost; the ENB uses 100% out of frame calculated values which will destroy performance versus using onboard calculated-per-frame, the Nvidia "magic driver" (337.50)  specifically has built in shader and run time optimization routines specifically engineered for Skyrim that provide up to a 30% boost in full load framerates for anything over a geforce 480, it's literally posted in the patch notes.

Interesting input, I always have AA/AF disabled in skyrim launcher, and set to "application controlled" in Nvidia control panel, it's like what almost every enb preset author tells you to do in the installation guide, it's also well documented in S.T.E.P guide to install an ENB. So I wouldn't call that "terrible adivice", at all.

Although I am not sure about the performance aspect, which will produce better fps, driver controlled AA/AF or ENB controlled AA/AF. Now I am intrigued, hmmm.....tell you what, I am going to do  a comparison and see if there is any visual or performance differences between the two.

Archived