Thinking of changing body from CBBE to UNPBB...

Hi, guys. I'm thinking of changing my PC's body from CBBE to something else, UNP or UNPBB probably.

I've been modding the game for a while now but I've always stuck with one body type.

Is this an easy change to make? Is it just a question of removing CBBE and textures and then installing UNP body and textures or do I have to reinstall the skeleton, HDT, etc?

I've done the body change several times testing different body mods.

short answer: you will need to change out nearly everything except skeleton (I assume you are using XPMS skeleton, if not get it).  body, textures, armor and clothes (both replacers and stand alone gear) hdt physics enabled body for UNP/UNPB - you might find an hdt enabled body for others but I have not looked for them. Depending on what other mods you use, you may need resources for UNP/B body as well - such as the strapons and Devious Devices.

I suggest you try UNPB since it is somewhat easier to find everything you need

Yeah. Come into the UNPB fold. It's nice here! :)

I think skeleton should be fine, but you should always double check the requirements for whichever body you want to try. Not sure about HDT PE. Mine has always worked fine and I don't remember reading it was only for specific body types.

The biggest headache will be outfit meshes. I don't know how invested you are in CBBE-shaped clothing and armour, but if you have a lot of them, switching them all over to a different body (assuming the ones you want are available for it) might be a pain. And most skin textures seem to come in CBBE and UNP variations, so you'd need different versions of those, too.

Before going ahead with armours and outfits, though, I'd say just get the body and textures in and have a good look at everything first, make sure you're happy with the result. Then you can start downloading armour conversions. I did that when I moved up from UNP to UNPB a few months ago. I gave CBBE a try before making a final decision. Personally, I just really didn't like CBBE, but without having gone ahead and downloaded loads of outfits it barely cost me anything to find that out. And UNPB was a more natural change to make, as all base UNP outfits work fine on it, just with smaller boobs. I already had lots of outfits that basically fit.

Yea personally i've used most of the body types out there and if found unp has more clothing/armors and seems to line things up with sexlab better. Right now I use 7b but since unp armors work on 7b I look at those to. SG has unp options btw so you wont loose em unless you go with citrus or un7b and I think you can now use any unp textures on citrus. 

Give a try at dreamgirl, its lack armors yes, i have to learned 3ds max yes, but the movements of that worth, you be amazed at sex animations,dances, fights,etc. (you can use any unp/unpb textures with dreamgirl, and if dnt wanna do conversions unpb works also, but dnt expect right fit or same fluid movements, remember still a unp body inside the clothes if dnt do conversions).

Anything that is lacking armors could be easily for the most part converted to the body you want using the New Clothing Body Style Converter by Gerra6. It does work better if the to and from bodies have matching UV maps. It works for fallout new vegas oblivion and skyrim. I have used it mostly for oblivion but have tried it recently on some skyrim outfits. No programs like blender or 3dmax needed to use the converter. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/using 

I really like the CBBE body, especially with SG textures but it just seems like there is more of a variety of armor available for UNP and poses seem to be friendlier to UNP. Does that seem accurate?

Pretty much. The support level overall is vastly different, and the UNP mesh in general is much better suited to being posed, especially in regards to acrobatic stuff, TERRIBLY LEWD AND OFFENSIVE GASP or otherwise.

If you using MO its realy easy,its just take while download and instal everythink. I change from CBBE to 7B bombshell w/o problem for my actual game

/EDIT HDT+skeleton should work, SG texture just download them for UNP,body+armor you need new

I really like the CBBE body, especially with SG textures but it just seems like there is more of a variety of armor available for UNP and poses seem to be friendlier to UNP. Does that seem accurate?

Pretty much. The support level overall is vastly different, and the UNP mesh in general is much better suited to being posed, especially in regards to acrobatic stuff, TERRIBLY LEWD AND OFFENSIVE GASP or otherwise.

Nah. Halo for example uses unp-based meshes when creating his poses so they look better with unp bodies. They look even better when you use halo's modified unp bodies, UNPC and UNPCM. That being said, the knees from unp bodies tend to deform horribly. And the arms. Oh boy.

The default strapon in SexLab is made to fit the UNP/B lower body. Calyps has a large assortment of adult toys that all fit UNP/B as well.

I'd make the change. The body and textures are better and SL alignments all work better, too. Plus it's simpler to use UNP variants since there's no stacking meshes/textures and just one file to drop in.

If you want a gorgeous body try Demonica/Lady Body 3. It's amazing. I have a MO profile set up using it and all the rest of the women in Skyrim are using UNP HDT bodies.

Really? Odd.. I felt that CBBE had more support than UNP. At least among the more adult/kinky clothing and mods. Hrm..

Really? Odd.. I felt that CBBE had more support than UNP. At least among the more adult/kinky clothing and mods. Hrm..

Not really.

Generally speaking CBBE has more sexy outfits available, and I would be remiss not to add it also has the most flexible outfits - Bodyslide is a damned miracle that way.

But UNP has a much more balanced selection of outfits, both mundane and sexy. UNP has a larger family of bodies, allowing a lot of cross-compatible action. Due in part to the large family of bodies and the better deformation, UNP is almost universally defaulted to for the sake of animating adult material.

CBBE has a large and dedicated fanbase, and deservedly so, but UNP is pound for pound the best option for the most flexibility in the most things.

UNP has the most support overall, or so it seems when I am looking for clothing/armor mods. The fact that all the UNP variants can share items (with some slight body morphing when equipping) makes it easily the most supported.

I would, however, like to see base UNP HDT get more support. It was such an early body that newer variants got all the TBBP/HDT love and only recently have decent base UNP HDT bodies become available. There is TONS of stuff without TBBP/HDT, but not enough that has it.

post-243307-0-43044200-1406488320_thumb.jpg

Not really.

Generally speaking CBBE has more sexy outfits available, and I would be remiss not to add it also has the most flexible outfits - Bodyslide is a damned miracle that way.

But UNP has a much more balanced selection of outfits, both mundane and sexy. UNP has a larger family of bodies, allowing a lot of cross-compatible action. Due in part to the large family of bodies and the better deformation, UNP is almost universally defaulted to for the sake of animating adult material.

CBBE has a large and dedicated fanbase, and deservedly so, but UNP is pound for pound the best option for the most flexibility in the most things.

Damnit and here I thought I picked the better of the two body mods. I'll have to take a good hard look at UNP and see if it's worth the hassle of re-installing mods and installing new armor mods for that body type. Originally I had thought that Devious Devices was made around the CBBE body type not the UNP.

This whole body mod thing is really troubling. After 2 years of not playing skyrim and coming back there was half a dozen body mods to pick from and I couldn't tell which was the best choice. Everyone had great pics. Yet when I discovered LL, my choices were narrowed down to two and I had thought I picked the better one, guess not. :-/

I use DreamGirl these days, I really like it a lot.

7BO was a big favorite of mine previously because it took the best thing about 7B while making something much improved from the worst part.

My game has some mixture of DG, UNP/B, and 7B/O armors; the bulk being DG.

Nah. Halo for example uses unp-based meshes when creating his poses so they look better with unp bodies. They look even better when you use halo's modified unp bodies, UNPC and UNPCM. That being said, the knees from unp bodies tend to deform horribly. And the arms. Oh boy.

umm you pretty much just reiterated what I said, and not even dream girl's knees can be taken seriously, that's a skyrim issue, not a weighting one. Bethesda didn't take the time properly set up painting or kinematics for anything other than standing idles and walking. Which is why they stuck in a deliberate animation for characters almost universally using the "turn and die" animation start up for virtually every heavy damage attack, and almost every kill move that involves falling backward at calf level or lower pans up and towards the attacker, and this is for people in armor, much less naked.

That's not by accident.

I felt that CBBE had more support than UNP

Better fetish support, yes. UNP is pretty much the de facto "mod" mesh for Skyrim in general, and most asian fetish content makers have never even bothered with CBBE for pretty obvious cultural/aesthetic reasons.

Hell look at sexy stuff in general. For every model that looks like Jelena Jensen (CBBE) there are ten that look like Lexi Belle/Asa Akira.

The CBBE model itself is not really built for animating at all, it's built for posing.

Now that most adult content has moved beyond lewd and lascivious arching, the body itself is simply in less and less demand.

Animating a standardized painted set is much MUCH MUUUUUUCH easier than attempting to build and support a  range, so no big surprise there why one body (with way better weighting and topology) lends itself is pretty much the de facto standard.

Yet DG is no where as popular as it should, and the support for it in terms of features is also kind of lacking.

As for armor support I think we are seeing more UNP variants these day than CBBE, all the CBBE clothing and armor that shows up when you do a search is probably an older library, but of course when I say UNP, I mean UNP, UNPB, 7B, UNPTM, UNPslim, etc. There are so many variations to it which divide the market a little.

Also 7B fit in to the whole big breasts look pretty well when stack up against CBBE.

Archived