I don't have all the DLC so it isn't letting me use it.  Is it just going to be released as with the DLC only from now on or is this a mistake?  Also not sure if this is an issue or I just didn't read what I should have but when I choose to start as a slave and then click the bed it says "I don't feel tired right now" or something to that effect.

Sorry, creation kit adds DLC requirements in when I work on it because of the LAL DLC requirements, then I have to strip them in tesVedit and since it's been 7 months I forgot.

Should work now? (with LAL 2.5.6)

Having trouble when choosing "start as a slave", but that could be due to dependencies.

On a personal request, I do hope you could alter the cursed plugs as to not be activated when using magic or when shouting.

I've updated a version that works with LAL 2.5.6. Don't know if the DLCs are the dependencies you were talking about.

I can't alter the plugs because they depend on someone else's scripts, and I'm not sure if there's a less hardcore version. That's the point of them! In fact they may be the only ones that still use that script. But I can put in regular plugs.

As for your other request, I've asked Kimy to allow me to work on starting up with deviously cursed loot quests, and those are similar to what you're talking about. She said yes, I've just got to wait for v5 to come out.

My main question is do people want an MCM menu? I think people are generally fine with the conversation options because I've got empty sound files so the choices can be made fast, and you won't forget to go into MCM and set things up.

Oh-! Yeahhh some suggestions for new starts (even though I've yet to get to play any of the already-implemented ones.... :D )

Prisoner of the Thalmor...

Faction start: prisoner of War (Empire or Stormcloaks.)

Given as tribute to the giants (complete with blue "cow" body paints...)

Enslaved in the Cidna mines... (Compatable with one of several Cidna mods?)

How about a twist on the vanilla opening? What if instead of "Forget the list- she goes to the block!" Rikke simply says something like, "Chain her." Then Hadvar can either rescue or drag the PC through Helgen, or he/she can escape with the Stormcloaks... for now, at least. ;D (I always thought that any prisoner who followed Ralof should be slapped with a massive bounty.)

Hadn't thought of the cidhna mines, might look at that. 

I've avoided the faction start prisoner of war starts because when you start them with LAL you're part of the conversation and they're sitting there talking to you like you're their bro, and if I screw with that scene it'll bork the whole thing.

Waking up still in the cell is just exactly like choosing the "I want to escape this cell" except that no gear is applied, whether I've chosen any or not. 

Here's that load order:

Also- on a side note, I've found that using a UNP body, (Universal UNP UNPB) most of the gear seems to clip badly, no matter what I do with my sliders. I've tried the same body, with the same DD set up, under Skyrim Bound, and there's almost no clipping. Any idea what I'm doing wrong/differently that I could change to fix that? 

Hmm still no idea. Try getting LAL 2.5.6 and see if that helps?

Or, before that, try in console: sqv XX000D72 where XX is the mod index of the load order of Immerslave (you can see the mod index in mod organizer at the far right of the right-hand plugin panel). For instance, on this playthrough mine might be 7E000D72. This will show you whether my mod is running and what any quest variables are.

(copied from an earlier post so the font changed)

As for the gear, I don't change any gear or textures or anything. Are you sure it's the same gear? You can drop it on the ground and see if it is the same formid. I'm mostly using basic DD gear, though often ebonite I guess. Skyrim bound may be helping you out by putting in UNP meshes or something, I dunno.

I just have a quick question. Do you still get bounty hunters who come after you if you start as an escaped slave and bring you back to a master?

If you choose a high enough bounty after your hood and blindfold have been removed (or immediately upon start if you chose no hood/blindfold) you will get bounty hunters. The flavor text lets you know which bounty is lower than this and which is higher. 

I have no idea what the bounty hunter will do; it may depend on other mods like prison overhaul. I've never tried messing with bounty hunters, and I don't have an actual npc master to bring you back to. I've wanted to do this, but never have.

Huh, I wonder what it was that did that event then... I had this mod last year and I started as an escaped slave. Bounty hunters came after my character, captured her, and walked her across the map to a random bandit camp and switched off the ownership to the bandit chief there. I'll check around then and try and find that. Maybe it was SD.

Huh, I wonder what it was that did that event then... I had this mod last year and I started as an escaped slave. Bounty hunters came after my character, captured her, and walked her across the map to a random bandit camp and switched off the ownership to the bandit chief there. I'll check around then and try and find that. Maybe it was SD.

Let me know if you figure it out, I'd like to be able to do this with a mod recommendation rather than more creation kit work :D

I just have a quick question. Do you still get bounty hunters who come after you if you start as an escaped slave and bring you back to a master?

This has been a big (negative) issue for me  -- I play with Requiem and several immersion/needs mods, so with an Immerslave or LADL start, I really have very little to work with at game start.  Certainly, I am no match for Requiem-enhanced, de-leveled vanilla Bounty Collectors.  Since they spawn randomly, home in on my PC relentlessly and chase me across cell boundaries, they kind of defeat the joy of my "hide out in the woods" starts (I also use a Bounty Decay mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51247/?, I change the "Keep %" from 90 to 98 or 99, so if I can avoid the cities for 2-3 game months, my bounty goes away).

I've managed to find very little information online about how I can tweak this, but I did find a Global Variable with FormID WEBountyCollectorChance [GLOB:0010FDC9].  The default value is 25 (%).  I've added it to my personal compatibility .esp and changed the value to 5, though I haven't had a chance to test it extensively, so I don't know if it even works (or if I should set it even lower).  If it does what I hope, setting it to 0 should prevent Bounty Collectors from appearing.

In any case, I would only expect my change to affect the game's vanilla Bounty Collectors.  PO/POx has its own system, which can be disabled in the POx MCM.  I'm not sure about SD+.

Also related, I would love to lower the "Attack On Sight" bounty for guards to about 500 or so (I believe the default is 1000), so that the bounty basically encourages me to stay away from the settlements (right now I'm okay as long as I don't initiate conversation with a guard once I hit 999).  Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that this value is hard-coded into the game, as I haven't found any way to change it so far.

Addendum:  I just tried setting the Bounty Collector chance to 100.  I loaded an Immerslave wilderness start, let it set my bounty to 3001, and waited 24 hours.  Within a couple of minutes, a vanilla Bounty Collector promptly showed up -- he was level 19 in mostly steel gear, though may have been missing the Requiem perks he would need for a proper fight (indeed, Requiem does not alter Bounty Collectors at all beyond the basic changes all NPCs get).  That didn't stop him from hitting me so hard with one swing of his war hammer that I CTD (Death Alternative + Defeat can be a little twitchy).

This has been a big (negative) issue for me  -- I play with Requiem and several immersion/needs mods, so with an Immerslave or LADL start, I really have very little to work with at game start.  Certainly, I am no match for Requiem-enhanced, de-leveled vanilla Bounty Collectors.  Since they spawn randomly, home in on my PC relentlessly and chase me across cell boundaries, they kind of defeat the joy of my "hide out in the woods" starts (I also use a Bounty Decay mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51247/?, I change the "Keep %" from 90 to 98 or 99, so if I can avoid the cities for 2-3 game months, my bounty goes away).

Also related, I would love to lower the "Attack On Sight" bounty for guards to about 500 or so (I believe the default is 1000), so that the bounty basically encourages me to stay away from the settlements (right now I'm okay as long as I don't initiate conversation with a guard once I hit 999). 

I also use requiem (about to try a perma playthrough). The LADL bounty is one of the reasons I created Immerslave:

First, I liked sneak tools at the time and I had an idea for creating the sneak hood to hide my identity. So if you use sneak tools (don't forget the patch) you'll have the chance to create a hood that will reduce your bounty to 0 while it is on. This probably does not play well with your bounty decay mod.

Secondly,  I wanted a way to adjust the bounty. With Immerslave you can adjust the bounty; I don't know if you're talking specifically about IS or you're just saying generally for crimes you commit you want it to be 500.

Anyway, is this still a negative issue with you with the sneak tools hood? Or do you prefer not to use it? 

First, I liked sneak tools at the time and I had an idea for creating the sneak hood to hide my identity. So if you use sneak tools (don't forget the patch) you'll have the chance to create a hood that will reduce your bounty to 0 while it is on. This probably does not play well with your bounty decay mod.

Secondly,  I wanted a way to adjust the bounty. With Immerslave you can adjust the bounty; I don't know if you're talking specifically about IS or you're just saying generally for crimes you commit you want it to be 500.

Anyway, is this still a negative issue with you with the sneak tools hood? Or do you prefer not to use it? 

I haven't tried sneak tools so far.  I've looked at it from time to time, but I've had concerns about compatibility and adding more complexity than I really want (not that I don't have plenty of "needless" complexity already).  It really isn't something I want to add right now.

About the bounty, I just meant in general to have guards try to forcegreet me with less than the 1000 septim bounty cutoff.  This is for all bounties, not just IS.  It's not a critical point, between IS's selectable starting bounties and fine tuning the rate of bounty decay in the other mod, I can get pretty close to the effect I'm trying for.

My goal is to set up Requiem + Campfire/FF/some needs mods, use IS to give me a DD-enhanced wilderness start, and make the early game about securing freedom and basic survival.  PO/POx is to deter me from going near civilization until either the bounty decays naturally (several weeks game time), or I stockpile enough cash to pay a bounty off.  Meanwhile things like Defeat, SD+, DH, maybe Deviously Enslaved (if I can get it working and it isn't too heavy a script load) are to keep me distrustful of getting too much help from non-guard folks, and DCL should keep me on my toes as new DDs threaten to replace my starting stuff.

Incidentally, thanks again for devicecut.  I understand Min's concerns about "trivializing" DD removal, but in the scenario I just described getting even a knife or dagger at the start is a challenge.  Since the armbinder, blindfold and gag at a minimum need to come off before I can seriously start my game, searching for one weapon is a lot more practical than fishing through barrels until DCL decides to drops a bunch of keys.  Meanwhile, the non-leather DDs will be still around.

So, "negative issue" just means it's complicated trying to tweak my set up, not that IS is doing anything wrong.  I think I'm pretty close to getting everything to fit.

I don't have all the DLC so it isn't letting me use it.  Is it just going to be released as with the DLC only from now on or is this a mistake?  Also not sure if this is an issue or I just didn't read what I should have but when I choose to start as a slave and then click the bed it says "I don't feel tired right now" or something to that effect.

Sorry, creation kit adds DLC requirements in when I work on it because of the LAL DLC requirements, then I have to strip them in tesVedit and since it's been 7 months I forgot.

Should work now? (with LAL 2.5.6)

Having trouble when choosing "start as a slave", but that could be due to dependencies.

On a personal request, I do hope you could alter the cursed plugs as to not be activated when using magic or when shouting.

I've updated a version that works with LAL 2.5.6. Don't know if the DLCs are the dependencies you were talking about.

I can't alter the plugs because they depend on someone else's scripts, and I'm not sure if there's a less hardcore version. That's the point of them! In fact they may be the only ones that still use that script. But I can put in regular plugs.

As for your other request, I've asked Kimy to allow me to work on starting up with deviously cursed loot quests, and those are similar to what you're talking about. She said yes, I've just got to wait for v5 to come out.

My main question is do people want an MCM menu? I think people are generally fine with the conversation options because I've got empty sound files so the choices can be made fast, and you won't forget to go into MCM and set things up.

Oh-! Yeahhh some suggestions for new starts (even though I've yet to get to play any of the already-implemented ones.... :D )

Prisoner of the Thalmor...

Faction start: prisoner of War (Empire or Stormcloaks.)

Given as tribute to the giants (complete with blue "cow" body paints...)

Enslaved in the Cidna mines... (Compatable with one of several Cidna mods?)

How about a twist on the vanilla opening? What if instead of "Forget the list- she goes to the block!" Rikke simply says something like, "Chain her." Then Hadvar can either rescue or drag the PC through Helgen, or he/she can escape with the Stormcloaks... for now, at least. ;D (I always thought that any prisoner who followed Ralof should be slapped with a massive bounty.)

Hadn't thought of the cidhna mines, might look at that. 

I've avoided the faction start prisoner of war starts because when you start them with LAL you're part of the conversation and they're sitting there talking to you like you're their bro, and if I screw with that scene it'll bork the whole thing.

Thanks a lot for the quick response.  One thing I noticed though is when I choose to start as a slave and go, "I found my way to a safe location", I get an Immerslave quest that says "catch your breath" and the marker is solid but the quest doesn't progress or go away.  Do I have to do something to get it to go away or is it on some kind of timer?

I can see how the twist on the vanilla opening would be difficult- if not impossible- to create, though the factions idea as a completely separate start seems feasable to me: Do the "sleep in the bed thing" and the character wakes up in a cage or otherwise bound, in a camp of one of the two factions, being treated as a war prisoner.  No ties at all to Helgen or the actual civil war storyline, really. Just war-flavored, so to speak.

My goal is to set up Requiem + Campfire/FF/some needs mods, use IS to give me a DD-enhanced wilderness start, and make the early game about securing freedom and basic survival.  PO/POx is to deter me from going near civilization until either the bounty decays naturally (several weeks game time), or I stockpile enough cash to pay a bounty off.  Meanwhile things like Defeat, SD+, DH, maybe Deviously Enslaved (if I can get it working and it isn't too heavy a script load) are to keep me distrustful of getting too much help from non-guard folks, and DCL should keep me on my toes as new DDs threaten to replace my starting stuff.

Incidentally, thanks again for devicecut.  I understand Min's concerns about "trivializing" DD removal, but in the scenario I just described getting even a knife or dagger at the start is a challenge.  Since the armbinder, blindfold and gag at a minimum need to come off before I can seriously start my game, searching for one weapon is a lot more practical than fishing through barrels until DCL decides to drops a bunch of keys.  Meanwhile, the non-leather DDs will be still around.

I tend to do the wilderness start with frostfall and hunterborn from the ship start, which is probably the hardest skyrim game start ever with devices on. I always wanted to be forced to stay away from cities but unfortunately the sneak tools functionality for guards seeing through your disguise doesn't work very well, or at least hasn't for me. The plus side of the sneak tools mask is people won't speak to you with the mask on unless you select an option in the patch, so going into the cities you can't talk to people with guards around.

Anyway, I'm glad you brought up the needed update for devicecut. I looked up min's post on trivializing removal and replied to him, but I don't expect a decision in the other direction.

Thanks a lot for the quick response.  One thing I noticed though is when I choose to start as a slave and go, "I found my way to a safe location", I get an Immerslave quest that says "catch your breath" and the marker is solid but the quest doesn't progress or go away.  Do I have to do something to get it to go away or is it on some kind of timer?

That's a LAL message, I don't know if it's just messed up for 2.5.6 or what, I don't use 2.5.6. My mod may also not play real well with 2.5.6, I've tried to keep it compatible but I don't spend time on it other than to remove DLC requirements. Unless it's also a problem for 3.0.5 I don't even have a way to test it as my current modding install is hard to replicate and I don't want to corrupt it with old scripts to test.

I can see how the twist on the vanilla opening would be difficult- if not impossible- to create, though the factions idea as a completely separate start seems feasable to me: Do the "sleep in the bed thing" and the character wakes up in a cage or otherwise bound, in a camp of one of the two factions, being treated as a war prisoner.  No ties at all to Helgen or the actual civil war storyline, really. Just war-flavored, so to speak.

Ah, I thought you were just talking about the LAL faction starts and getting them to work. Did you ever get my mod to work? It seemed like your problem might have been loose scripts or something, but I don't think I've had a release with loose scripts so I don't know how this might be happening.

I tend to do the wilderness start with frostfall and hunterborn from the ship start, which is probably the hardest skyrim game start ever with devices on. I always wanted to be forced to stay away from cities but unfortunately the sneak tools functionality for guards seeing through your disguise doesn't work very well, or at least hasn't for me. The plus side of the sneak tools mask is people won't speak to you with the mask on unless you select an option in the patch, so going into the cities you can't talk to people with guards around.

I am using this, so that my character can eventually attempt to get in to cities.

Crime Bounty Decay by cyberspyder

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51247/?

I was also going to recommend Master of Disguise as alternative to Sneak tools, but author have suddenly taken the mod down. It might be worth to test, if someone still has it around. Brodual made a quite good video about it.

Those are my two "fingers crossed" mods, for my girls to roam around Skyrim, while trying to avoid getting arrested as runaway slaves.

Edit: After doing some reserach, it seems that MoD was taken down, among other mods, by the author. Reason seems to be related to Nexus forum drama. :dodgy:

so... the quest is supposed to never end?

It is supposed to end once you no longer have a hood/blindfold/gag. If it has not ended check your version and let me know which restraints you chose.

I have only chosen arm and leg binds because i'm a casual :P

i could just cheat and use a command to end the quest

so... the quest is supposed to never end?

It is supposed to end once you no longer have a hood/blindfold/gag. If it has not ended check your version and let me know which restraints you chose.

I have only chosen arm and leg binds because i'm a casual :P

i could just cheat and use a command to end the quest

It's supposed to end as soon as it finishes equipping in that case. I could have messed something up with the extra check for the ring gag that prevents it from working all the way through, I will take a look when I get the chance. It won't do anything else for you so there's no reason not to end the quest. Sorry for the problem.

Just wanted to add some feedback. In Valtheim Towers there are two bandit factions on each side and if anyone gets too close they get into combat, which is really annoying, because you have to wait it out and NPCs that could help you with your bindings might get killed. They could even start fighting in the middle of a punishment scene.

When you finally escape there will probably be dead bodies with free loot waiting for you, so you will get gear right away and you won't be in the helpless state that I think this start is supposed to give you. At least it's like this when you play with OBIS and other faction-altering mods but I haven't tried it without so I can't say how it is in vanilla. Either way, it's a messy location. The other locations are okay but when I started in the westernmost bandit camp there were only 3 bandits alive there and 2 dead.

Now that LAL allow for more locations you can update the mod with new starting locations. There are many bandit camps and caves that would be better for this mod than the ones available and it would be nice if there were more than one Orc start.

Lastly, I found out that there are only two choices of bondage gear that leads to the LAL quest updating. Why do you have bugged choices in the dialogue? Either fix them or remove them.

BTW does anyone want to see an MCM menu instead of all the dialogue options?

This mod is core to my games but now that you mention it, a small pet peeve I've had is when clicking through all the dialogue options and accidentally clicking on the wrong one toward the end.  So an MCM menu would definitely help with that.   :shy:

Although if are asking for a wish list :angel: , I would love more starting options such as different starting locations or perhaps different DD options.  Maybe even more choices on how much bounty to start out with.   

Let me know if you figure it out, I'd like to be able to do this with a mod recommendation rather than more creation kit work :D

That is definitely SD+ functionality. It adds a quest to the vanilla bounty hunters to sell you at Mistwatch.

By the way, the mod Sinister Seven works very well with this one. It sends powerful assassins after your character. They leave notes on their corpses so there is a little bit of a story, but the exact reason they are hunting you is left purposefully open to your imagination. It makes sense if you are a runaway slave.

By the way, the mod Sinister Seven works very well with this one. It sends powerful assassins after your character. They leave notes on their corpses so there is a little bit of a story, but the exact reason they are hunting you is left purposefully open to your imagination. It makes sense if you are a runaway slave.

(thanks for the info on SD+, can't believe I didn't know that)

Hadn't heard of sinister seven, if I ever do anything with the original owner coming after you I might see if I can't use that mod to do it.

Or I guess I could take a stab at using the SD+ quest since I already hook into it.

Either way I may not be able to do either with just soft dependencies.

Was hoping to do something with the original owner by 1.0. It irks me that I set up the dialogue and the decisions to affect flavor text but there's no original owner quest, and the current Immerslave quest is pretty weak.

• 1 month later...