How to know if Steam Account was hacked ??

D_ManXX2

Today i have noticed my steam account suddenly had more games added too it then i originally had so i changed my password immediately. But is there a way to detect if people have log-in into your account like you currently can with e-mail addresses ??

nope. They where new games i never even bought and also after i had reinstalled my pc some games where already identified as being installed. even Though i have not installed them on my new clean pc yet. like someone was using my account elsewhere and just installing my games list on their pc instead.

Witch is why i had immediately changed my password.

Log-in and go to store.steampowered.com/account and you can view your accounts details, like the game licenses you have and how they were acquired, as well as transaction histories.

I don't see anything specifically for general 'account activity', though, like sign-in times and whatnot.

yes i think some did look like free, but i did not paid any attention since i never even installed it. It was just added to my list. Like half life 2. and counter strike.

But it was weird though. since after searching for steam account being hacked mostly users where blocked from even been able to log into their own account. Witch was not the case for me.. But you can never be too carefull i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Steam will always send you a verification email if your account was being logged on to from a different IP. 

That is only a fact if you have Steam Guard active.

To answer. If it hasn't already been answered go to Steam> Settings> Account>Manage Steam Guard> select De-authorize all other computes now ( while making sure you have Steam Guard active. If you truly think your account has been compromised. use the Changed Password or secret question and perhaps even email if you have another one.

I have had Steam Guard on and only once someone tried and failed ( as I gotten an email requesting a new etc etc. )

Steam will always send you a verification email if your account was being logged on to from a different IP. 

That is only a fact if you have Steam Guard active.

To answer. If it hasn't already been answered go to Steam> Settings> Account>Manage Steam Guard> select De-authorize all other computes now ( while making sure you have Steam Guard active. If you truly think your account has been compromised. use the Changed Password or secret question and perhaps even email if you have another one.

I have had Steam Guard on and only once someone tried and failed ( as I gotten an email requesting a new etc etc. )

That is true but the prerequisite to purchases on Steam is have Steam Guard activated, so I assume that it was already on to begin with. 

Archived