Must Males always have bulging muscles and six packs?

Merilirem

I will admit to an admiration of a strong body, however i am equally interested in all forms of flesh, which makes the lack of anything other than ripped herculean male characters, even skinny ones, depressing. Is there no mod(cant find it at least) for a softer more relaxed physical form? 

I just dont know how my bookworm mage characters and merchants are ending up with six packs and toned flesh, which can only be modded to be more toned, or creepy shiny body builder style as far as i can see. Women are no better as the opposite of this, also i've yet to find a mod like automatic variants for npcs so everyone doesn't just end up the same, though without the mods for bods i suppose it wouldn't work anyway. I mean i'm not even mentioning non distinct genders or trans characters, just one that looks a little more like an actual human and less like a half naked ape. 

I'm just wondering if people actually think physical form is such a binary concept and anything diverging from this is strange or unnatural. Also don't explain it away with any kind of medieval "everyone was tough or died" kind of nonsense, either make both genders muscular or admit the spectrum is less about gender than environmental/genetic/lifestyle factors. Less muscle won't even make them much smaller, just becomes softer after all.

Its like how supermodels all looks basically the same, to the point where you just can't see them as attractive anymore.

I will admit to an admiration of a strong body, however i am equally interested in all forms of flesh, which makes the lack of anything other than ripped herculean male characters, even skinny ones, depressing. Is there no mod(cant find it at least) for a softer more relaxed physical form? 

I just dont know how my bookworm mage characters and merchants are ending up with six packs and toned flesh, which can only be modded to be more toned, or creepy shiny body builder style as far as i can see. Women are no better as the opposite of this, also i've yet to find a mod like automatic variants for npcs so everyone doesn't just end up the same, though without the mods for bods i suppose it wouldn't work anyway. I mean i'm not even mentioning non distinct genders or trans characters, just one that looks a little more like an actual human and less like a half naked ape. 

I'm just wondering if people actually think physical form is such a binary concept and anything diverging from this is strange or unnatural. Also don't explain it away with any kind of medieval "everyone was tough or died" kind of nonsense, either make both genders muscular or admit the spectrum is less about gender than environmental/genetic/lifestyle factors. Less muscle won't even make them much smaller, just becomes softer after all.

Its like how supermodels all looks basically the same, to the point where you just can't see them as attractive anymore.

I get what you're asking for, but i have never seen anything like that. It would be nice to see some textures that are not so ripped and the extremes being an option :)

fat_american-12714.jpgthis pic is one of those jokes that are not actually a joke but a sad truth.

This could be a nice example on body slider

thintofat.jpg

fat_and_thick_are_not_the_same_a_he_5775

When people make mods they make them with their own vision of what the mod should be like or what they think it would look better. Some mod authors make mods on request because they have the time and like to do it. Others are just that nice and make the time to do requests. 

The thing is, we can ask for a mod and hope someone has the time and willingness to do it, or we learn how to ourselves. Not many more choices left i'm sorry to say.

There we go. Much "softer". :D

I'm still laughing my ass off as I type this. XD

whats sad about this is that those fat bastards still look too muscular for my tastes, i mean its basically fat guts on a muscle bound body, the opposite of soft as the fat has just stretched the skin to its breaking point making it harder.

I just find it strange that the only body type people seem to like in skyrim is enough to put a terminator to shame. If i want a hermaphrodite with massive "proportions" or a half arm man with more "massive proportions", that i can get in about 5 minutes, but a normal looking human of a lesser physical stock than king kong, not even close. 

Actually the closest i've ever seen are the mods that make everyone into magical ponies...

Not going to get into the Europe vs America obesity thing.  From what I've read it's an issue there too, but not as bad as here.

As far as a the very legitimate original question goes...  I pointed out in another thread that the male body models were more realistic for the game setting than something like the Fat Bastard mod.  Skyrim is a harsh environment with a tech level about the equivalent of 10th century Norse culture.  That means hiking 5 miles to hunt elk, killing it and then dragging the 400 pound monster back home to prep dinner.  Then there's other chores like chopping firewood...  Bottom line, people would get a workout in such a setting.

Would EVERYBODY look like Thor though?  Nope.  It's reasonable to assume there'd be some variation there with a few people looking like Volstagg the Voluminous. :D

Unfortunately the game was set up with only one body template per race and gender.

I agree with Shadowhawk827.

In Skyrim, their would be little fat people. To little food, to much work to get fat unless you were nobility. That also means that most women wouldn't have the fat count to give them huge boobs... but people who post big boobs here aren't looking for realism. (which is 100% fine!)

Saying that, I like variation! In my story I try to have people of different sizes. Lily is a toothpick, while Iona is a thick women which has some sag to her breasts. As for Men, I only have a few. Esbern the old man, Ulfric and my now dead khajiit. Ulfric had muscle tone while Esbern didn't.

I just make custom races for my notable NPCs so I can set them with unique bodies.

It just comes down to aesthetics

Kinghts and soldiers are supposed to be strong and muscular

I don't see how mages are supposed to be strong and muscular... they're not melee warriors and more dedicated to the study of magic

Women are made with big breasts and nice butts just purely for aesthetics, there is no need for them to look like that

I've actually created several variations of the diffuse and normal map from SOS and other mods to fill in this gap myself.

The screenshot below sounds like something you're looking for.

Chest hair, arm hair, pubic hair can be added as per your request.

Specify whether or not you're using 'FemFeet for men Redisigned' and i'll edit the UV accordingly.

Post and I'll edit it and upload the textures here.

post-114169-0-48311300-1403477790_thumb.jpg

I'm a little disheartened to see everyone joke about this lol. Or to "try and explain it away" because of the lifestyle of the time that Skyrim is trying to portray.

Then I just look over to the massive tits and ass mods for females and wonder how you explain that away with the lore and setting... please.

I don't have a problem with guys getting their eye-candy, but it would be nice to have some for myself as well lol. I have yet to find a male body mod for Skyrim that looks even remotely close to what I find attractive, and that really just comes down to what the target audience is. Most guys typically like the curvy well endowed females in their games, and when it comes to the male characters they play as or whatnot they tend to look more like a "power fantasy". What someone would want to look like. (no I'm not saying it is this way for everyone- some women do like hulks, and some dudes do like thicker women)

I've always had a wandering eye for females too... So I definitely can understand the attraction for the slim (or robust, whatever you want) and young looking female body mods for Skyrim.

But when it comes to males there seems to be pretty much only one option: vanilla bulky or more bulky with Better Males lol. The "fat bastard" doesn't count because like Merilirem said it doesn't even really look like a fat guy. What I would've liked to see Bethesda do is have different bodytypes depending on profession I guess. I don't envision mages being muscular powerhouses either, they'd be slim and not very defined. Nor would every woman be super thin and curvy; there'd be some muscly amazon types wielding the sword and shield too. :P I always wanted Lydia to look more muscular, for example. But I can't have that and keep my little mage character looking slim and tiny at the same time. :/ And since I don't like the general shape of CBBE (the silhouette is all wrong imo) I'm limited to what I do like more overall that still has a good amount of armors for it.

Believe it or not, I'll bet you'd like the Touched by Dibella body on Lydia, specifically because the TBD armor and clothes overhaul makes her steel armor look buff, and a bit sexy, without being over the top, aside from the fact that her boobs are noticeably big in it, but they always were the biggest anyway. Your post reminded me of what she looks like in that armor now (new to that body)

You'd want a stand-alone though, as TBD is over-the-top busty (really strong though), and Lydia always has her weight set to 100% :blush: Sooo, as big as possible is all you get with her. You should see her legs! Like Chun-Li!

post-111270-0-74558600-1403506942_thumb.jpg

This mod remember me one mod for become on fat to the girls on Skyrim, but this mod it's wrong because the guys on this mod looks like guys that undergo plastic surgery for have a six-pack because are too lazy for do exercise and then when they get fat the six-pack still there ... LOL ... It is something of the more pathetic for see on a beach but also funny ... of course funny if you are not the fat guy with six-pack ... LOL.  :D

This mod remember me one mod for become on fat to the girls on Skyrim, but this mod it's wrong because the guys on this mod looks like guys that undergo plastic surgery for have a six-pack because are too lazy for do exercise and then when they get fat the six-pack still there ... LOL ... It is something of the more pathetic for see on a beach but also funny ... of course funny if you are not the fat guy with six-pack ... LOL.   :D

Funny thing is, that happens to guys who take steroids (Bodybuilders) or are really unhealthy while doing heavy labor (construction workers)

I get what you're asking for, but i have never seen anything like that. It would be nice to see some textures that are not so ripped and the extremes being an option :)

fat_american-12714.jpgthis pic is one of those jokes that are not actually a joke but a sad truth.

This could be a nice example on body slider

thintofat.jpg

fat_and_thick_are_not_the_same_a_he_5775

When people make mods they make them with their own vision of what the mod should be like or what they think it would look better. Some mod authors make mods on request because they have the time and like to do it. Others are just that nice and make the time to do requests. 

The thing is, we can ask for a mod and hope someone has the time and willingness to do it, or we learn how to ourselves. Not many more choices left i'm sorry to say.

The alternate to your thong example is, "Paris, France versus Paris, Texas". The irony is, that the example used as the pretty girl, is from Kentucky if I recall right, and she offers more pictures than just that one pose. Whomever took that image to make the joke, wasn't interested in honesty.

In an intense manual labor world, and where walking, and other forms of physical effort are quite common and necessary, how would one become overweight? They live in a world where potions and prayers can cure diseases, and Obesity may as well be one of them too. I know I'd use them on myself if they were available in Real Life.  I'd rather be muscular and fit. if I can't be that way, at least my player characters can be. So, having written all of that, I think that I can appreciate what you're thinking here anyway. But still.... I'm puzzled by it. Hmm.

No one said they have to be overweight. How about a guy who's thin and not very defined (musculature wise). Someone who's let's say "average" in build? Take a swimmer's body, for example. Or maybe something a bit less than that. Nearly none of the female body mods look like a female version of the default male bodytypes. Most guys find body-builder women to be kind of off putting, yes? I don't see how it's so hard to believe that some women would find men with bulging muscles to be unattractive either in that case.

Not about arguing lifestyle choices but more about what people want to see in their game. Nearly all tastes are catered for when it comes to female body mods, and only very very few for male body mods. If I had my way, all the guys would look from thin to only slightly "in-shape" looks. Average to just a little above average.

But since I can't model bodies in such a detail (could draw them but modeling is entirely different) I can't do that myself.

Yay! :lol: I think I actually fit into that category! :D

Fortunately, I start 3D modelling in 2 weeks, and I totally agree with the "normal" look for guys. The mod should at least 'exist'. It would probably get surprisingly popular, actually.

If I don't get tons of homework in that class, I should easily be able to make that an in-class project, with teachers and everything to help me out. I hope I get the chance... :cool: (no promises, but I would like to do it if possible) Hell, my teacher might even give me extra credit. :)

This mod remember me one mod for become on fat to the girls on Skyrim, but this mod it's wrong because the guys on this mod looks like guys that undergo plastic surgery for have a six-pack because are too lazy for do exercise and then when they get fat the six-pack still there ... LOL ... It is something of the more pathetic for see on a beach but also funny ... of course funny if you are not the fat guy with six-pack ... LOL.   :D

Funny thing is, that happens to guys who take steroids (Bodybuilders) or are really unhealthy while doing heavy labor (construction workers)

Then it's a tie because plastic surgery and steroids are very dangerous for health. Conclusion ... do sport and exercise in a healthy way and don't risk the health ... at least it's a conclusion for me ... each his own life.   :P

Archived