Skyrim CTD at startup (most likely because of sexmods)

foursquared

Hey forum. I've been getting CTDs everytime i try to startup Skyrim (the usual Bethesda logo sequence followed be an abrupt end :(.  ) 

It happened right after i installed Creature Features. I've been in this situation before and is the reason why i took a rage quit from Skyrim for like 5 months. I just don't understand how a couple of new textures and models can screw with my Skyrim. 

Any clues to how i can fix this and get my game running? (I've included my load order which is arranged with BOSS)

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm=1
actorEvents.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
Night Eye Overhaul.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
portal2mod.esp=1
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=1
RCFIS.esp=1
AMatterOfTime.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabDefeat.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Customizable Camera.esp=1
BlackSacramentArmor.esp=1
BlackSacramentDBReplacer.esp=1
DragonBoneEbonsteel.esp=1
FS_UltimateAssortment.esp=1
GDZZJJDH.esp=1
Glass Variants.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
OmenGreatSword.esp=1
skyforgedShields.esp=1
thu'um infinium.esp=1
WestWindMisfit.esp=1
DeadlyDragons.esp=1
SkyRe_Main.esp=1
SkyRe_Combat.esp=1
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp=1
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp=1
ElysiumEstate.esp=1
ElysiumEstate-DG.esp=1
ElysiumEstate-HF.esp=1
ElysiumEstate-DB.esp=1
Weightless Ingredients.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp=1
Differently Ebony.esp=1
Proper Aiming.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
zzEstrus.esp=1
EstrusChaurus.esp=1
skyforgedWeapons.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-4.esp=1
Balanced_Magic_Dawnguard.esp=1
Phenderix's Magic Evolved No Perks.esp=1
SmartCast_1_0.esp=1
NoCooldownShoutsDLC2.esp=1
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp=1
DeadlySpellImpacts - Two Fire.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
TelekinesisImproved.esp=1
ABT - Loot Arrows -25%.esp=1
ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +75%.esp=1
ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +75%.esp=1
ABT - Merchants Arrows +25%.esp=1
ABT - Increased Bolts Damage (Vanilla) +150%.esp=1
ABT - Increased Progressive Damage (Vanilla) +150%.esp=1
ABT - Recover 35% Less Arrows and Bolts.esp=1
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp=1
The Ningheim.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-UFOPatch.esp=1
WATER - Sir Crabalot Returns.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - RedGuard.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - WoodElf.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - ORC.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Nord.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Argonian.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Khajiit.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - HighElf.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Breton.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - 0 - Main.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - Imperial.esp=1
PC Exclusive Animation Path - DarkElf.esp=1
SkyRe_Races.esp=1
Night Eye Overhaul.esp=1
NEO Radial Blur + Tint 5.esp=1
RealShelter.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
WATER DG.esp=1
WATER DB Waves.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1
ReProccer.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp=1
Spectraverse - SkyRe Compatibility Patch.esp=1
AncientTonguesGreatSword.esp=1
AncientTonguesSword.esp=1
Heavenly She-wolf Skyrim.esp=1
whiterunqueenarmor.esp=1
ScopedBows.esp=1
Post Reproccer Scoped Bows Patch.esp=1
Scoped Bows - SkyRe Patch.esp=1
SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp=1
SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp=1
SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp=1
SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp=1
SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp=1
SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp=1
PCEA DG n DB DLC for SkyRe_Races.esp=1

It's all about load order and conflicts. Took me a few goes but I finally got the right order for me. Best thing to do I advise is not to install mods all at once. Do it one at a time then if you get a CTD you can pin point it. Perhaps clear out all your mods, either add them one by one our in groups or fives/tens and try loading so that when the CTD happens, you hae a narrowed idea which group the mod is in.

I am not really good a pinpointing what mod is causing your CTD and someone else might be able to. Best advice I can give is if you use something like NMM, it tells you which mod has a master or required mod/file. You need to be sure that your mods are are installed where the master or required mods are above the mod you have installed.

Hopefully someone can pin point it or you can do so by reinstalling gradually.

It's all about load order and conflicts. Took me a few goes but I finally got the right order for me. Best thing to do I advise is not to install mods all at once. Do it one at a time then if you get a CTD you can pin point it. Perhaps clear out all your mods, either add them one by one our in groups or fives/tens and try loading so that when the CTD happens, you hae a narrowed idea which group the mod is in.

I am not really good a pinpointing what mod is causing your CTD and someone else might be able to. Best advice I can give is if you use something like NMM, it tells you which mod has a master or required mod/file. You need to be sure that your mods are are installed where the master or required mods are above the mod you have installed.

Hopefully someone can pin point it or you can do so by reinstalling gradually.

My game was working fine before with all of my mods. I manually put in Creature Features and some other new textures and skyrim just starts to crash on startup. Oh yeah, before this i uninstalled "Skyrim Immersive Creatures" through NMM just so you know because it's incompatible with Creature Features

Try LOOT It works wonders. But not perfect. MO can use LOOT you just need to add it as an executable if you are using MO.

Wow! Problem solved thanks to LOOT.

At first, i was quite skeptical about how LOOT was going to help. After all, I already used BOSS but after running it once, I read through the notes about my load order and noticed that one of the .esp was missing a prerequisite which was Immersive creatures (the one i uninstalled)

Turns out one of the Dual Sheathe patches needed it. I totally overlooked this. 

Thanks a lot!

• 7 months later...

Run TES5Edit after installing mods. It will run through your mod loadout and then crash when it hits the problem esp. Reading the error message will let you know what you need to do to fix the issue - missing prerequisite esp, out of order esp etc

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?

If it completes its process then the game should start up fine, however if you are having crashes whilst loading the game it's best to start a new game and immediately save it at the first opportunity then load the save you want to play. From then one load the new game save each time you boot up Skyrim before switching to your game. That seems to solve my crashes on load game issues.

Run TES5Edit after installing mods. It will run through your mod loadout and then crash when it hits the problem esp. Reading the error message will let you know what you need to do to fix the issue - missing prerequisite esp, out of order esp etc

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?

If it completes its process then the game should start up fine, however if you are having crashes whilst loading the game it's best to start a new game and immediately save it at the first opportunity then load the save you want to play. From then one load the new game save each time you boot up Skyrim before switching to your game. That seems to solve my crashes on load game issues.

Excuse me, but would you kindly tell me what armor in the pic is please.

At first I didn't understand why people would make such a big deal out of it. So I waited (lazy as I am) and thought about it. Finally I gave it a try. At first, it was a horrid struggle. Took me quite some time to get used to it. To understand it. I'm very slow on taking up new concepts. But now, months later, I wonder how I even managed to play Skyrim without it. How anyone in the world would give the Nexus Mod Manager the advantage over it. Anyone who really gave it a try and tested it for some time will surely agree with me.

WTF I am talking about? Well, lets just say, if the author didn't rely on NMM, the problem described in this topic never would have been mentioned. Since it has a feature to check for errors - in the abve mentioned case called "missing masters". Therefore, if you indulge me, after this long breather I took from you, dear reader, I hope you allow me to sum up my message into this single request (even though I could go on with my verbosity for another few hours):

USE THE MOD ORGANIZER!!!

Sorry to scream it into this topic. I'm kind of the preacher type. I love to talk for hours, trying to convert my listener, to make him or her believe in my supperior wisdom. Yes, most times I fail. But that's just another reason to continue.

Archived