Guess This Location.

12 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

Is there a headless skeleton next to that chest?  Looks like a spot I was at a couple of days ago in the mountains south of Fort Neugrad.

55 minutes ago, Punga said:

I concur. 

I think there's an iron axe and skill book there too.

I forget the name of it, but its mostly skeletons with a vampire boss. Has a north and south entrance, with an overlook exit door high on the mountain for fast traveling back to town. Its on the Falkreath / Whiterun border I think, west of Bleak Falls but I think Shriekwind is the other one I think of when I think of this place.

It also happens to be a place you can start in with the LAL addon for Death Alternatives if you start as a vampire captive waiting to be rescued by the Dawnguard.

The switch in the middle operates a rising column trap that squishes an already dead bandit against the floor below that grate. There's normally another vampire enemy in that room that tries to kill you with the trap if you enter from the south.

11 minutes ago, PubliusNV said:

It is Shriekwind Bastion, congratulations!  That's the view you get entering the central chamber from the north entrance.  And you remembered the details about the skeletons, vampires, and that switch magnificently.

I've played around in there often enough, though I can never remember which passageway from that central chamber goes where nor can I keep the name straight.

They spend so much time on necks they're foot fetishists?

Might be when you capture some cattle taking their shoes and boots means they can't run away as well. Gotta leave them with clothes so they don't freeze and the prisoner rags we see them wearing are really just their worn out regular clothing.

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

Might be when you capture some cattle taking their shoes and boots means they can't run away as well. Gotta leave them with clothes so they don't freeze and the prisoner rags we see them wearing are really just their worn out regular clothing.

I actually like that explanation. :grin:

10 hours ago, PubliusNV said:

I actually like that explanation. :grin:

On the other hand, there are other vampire locations with lots of bloody rags and a few others with piles of clothing which wouldn't quite make sense... though it could be the vampire was wearing the clothing and was a messy eater and there is a common "needs to be washed / washed and clean" location to strip and change clothing.

Or it could all be Skyrim devs trying to add clutter and junk thematically. Bones in these caves, bloody clothing in those, skulls on sticks outside Falmer dens, etc.

You can't normally get to where I am but it is right above a place you can walk so the view is the same. I think its normally green too but I'm not sure. The NPC listed in the SLAM widget is mod added I think, so that might, or might not, be a useful clue.

Mostly I thought the shot was kinda nice and would look good on a postcard. Visit Scenic -----  ---- and see the ---- River!

looking up the river.jpg

15 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

You can't normally get to where I am but it is right above a place you can walk so the view is the same. I think its normally green too but I'm not sure. The NPC listed in the SLAM widget is mod added I think, so that might, or might not, be a useful clue.

Mostly I thought the shot was kinda nice and would look good on a postcard. Visit Scenic -----  ---- and see the ---- River!

looking up the river.jpg

Do dragons have bridges, or pants?

2 hours ago, Punga said:

Do dragons have bridges, or pants?

They do have bridges, mostly as tribute and monuments to their greatness. They do not have pants... mostly due to superior clothing with scales.

42 minutes ago, PubliusNV said:

So, "and see the Karth River"?

Yup. and fjords, but no moose.