Origin's On The House (Current: Crusader: No Remorse)

Darkening Demise

----------------------------------------------
About 'On the House'

Free?! What's the catch?
There's no catch. Grab full games, expansions and more at absolutely no cost. Just make sure to act fast because On the House specials can appear and disappear at any time.
You mean a trial or demo, right?
Nope. You’re getting a full version of the real game — for free!
How long will I own the game?
Once you’ve claimed your game, it’s yours to keep!
Why is Origin doing this?
We're gamers, too. We appreciate you making Origin your gaming home ... and besides, who doesn't like free stuff?

-------------------------------
Obviously EA is more desperate than ever! XD

I'll use this thread to keep you updated instead of starting new threads and ticking off Ashal and Bruce.

-------------------------------

Product: Dead Space

Link: Expired!

Expires: May 8, 2014

------------------------------

Product: Plants versus Zombies

Expires: May 28, 2014

Product: PVZ and Battlefield 3

Expires: June 3, 2014 for BF3 and 16 for PVZ

Product: Peggle

Expires: August 5, 2014

Product: Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger

Expires: September 16, 2014

Product: Bejeweled 3

Expires: October 28, 2014

Product: Dragon Age Origins

Expires: October 14, 2014

Product: Crusader: No Remorse

Link: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/free-games/on-the-house

Expires: No valid date given

Product:

Link:

Expires:

Product:

Link:

Expires:

Origin contains spyware is why.  There is NO option for you to turn it off.  

Steam at least asks if you want to have your system scanned.

Not to mention that Origin is one hell of a clunky interface...........

Huh never knew that one, I don't like the layout and the slowness to do things either. But I have my Sims 3 on there so I have to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, bully for Origin for getting me to bother downloading Dead Space and trying it out. I'm coming to this 6 years past its release, but I'll toss my impressions of it out here.

Interesting controls - first third-person-shooter I've played. It's kind of like I'm watching a movie with someone who likes to stand in front of the television. "Out of the way, Issac! I can't see the screen!"

The game tone feels like a weird pastiche of Evil Dead and Event Horizon. Evil sci-fi alien possession and plot-driven dismemberment. Yech. What a mess. Good job on the design, though. The game really feels like I'm fighting through a low-budget sci-fi horror film. The characters are one-dimensional and the "horror" is driven almost exclusively by musical stings, jump scares, and gratuitous gore.

My top three complaints were:

1. Unending ear rape during battle sequences

2. Issac's ever-present ass in my face - can't see nearby obstacles or aim enemies that are too close

3. The "shoot the limbs" game mechanic to add more gore to the game - this was novel, but ended up more boring than horrifying

The last was the worst, honestly. Intermittent environmental gore works much better than a constant meat blender to set a dark mood. When a player has to carefully dismember every single enemy in the game, the gore becomes pervasive and it loses its meaning as shock value. If I have to wade through a sewer while wearing a tuxedo on my way to a wedding, it's gross and unsettling. If I have to wade through a sewer while wearing a sanitation worker's uniform as part of my job, it's just another day at work.

Although I got pretty sick of the game only a few hours in, there were a few things that I really liked:

1. Outer-space is silent - enhances the sense of claustrophobia and urgency, and my ears get a break from the noisy mood music

2. Sparse ammo stocks - made the fighting more intense as every shot has to count

3. Encounters with survivors - on the whole each was unnerving, diverse, and helped detail the effects of the [sci-fi mcguffin]

4. Quest path marked with bright blue line

Not a bad game on the whole, but in the end I'd rather play something else that wasn't as frustrating to control and watch.

Origin contains spyware is why.  There is NO option for you to turn it off.  

Steam at least asks if you want to have your system scanned.

Not to mention that Origin is one hell of a clunky interface...........

Steams DRM system is rather friendly one.

I don't say that Gabe Newell is to be trusted i don't know the guy well enough after al they wanne make money to become rich hehe.

But the scanning is to see what hardware you have and games on your system.

VAC(Valve Anti Hack System) is only used agains HACKERS and only some multi player games its used on, like CS for example.

The spyware is not spyware to spy on you or sell to thirdparty to make money like in other cases(Facebook-Google).

This offcorse is comming from Valve statements so i can't be 100% sure you have to give them some trust in what they doing when you install steam, im for years on steam and never had the feeling or ever so articles that Steam spy on you and give this to thirddparty.

I check every now then with programs if any info about me is on the net and for me its still almost same as 10 years ago almost 0% so steam for me is mild DRM system i can live with.

So spyware is not entirely true in sense it spys on you and your at risk.

Origin=EA so i don't trust them at all same for Ubisoft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived