EVYrace informal Indie Replacer 1.4.omod update!

Depends on what body you are using for your player. You can do it 2 ways. 1st one is to download glossmax from the nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/41213/?There is a ini file that comes with it that you can adjust to make it higher or lower. For max gloss set it to 1000 for lower set it to 5/10 and adjust from there. This tool can gloss whole folders at 1 time high light all the nifs and then drag and drop the whole thing onto gloss max's screen if it has skin in the nif it will adjust it to what the ini file is set at if it has no skin in it the nif will be skipped. Gloss max works on body nifs and armor/outfit nifs. 1 thing you can't gloss/ungloss with gloss max is heads those you have to do manually with nifskope.  

Doing it manually you load the body/armor/outfit up into nifskope then click the body part and look below the highlighted line to the left and look for the NiMaterialProperty line it will also have the word skin in the line with a little corsant looking thing beside it.

Click the arrow to the left of the line to get the drop down and go down to glossiness float and change it to whatever you want it to be at. Then save as to overwrite the nif.

post-25667-0-08113000-1414370298_thumb.jpg

Depends on what body you are using for your player. You can do it 2 ways. 1st one is to download glossmax from the nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/41213/?There is a ini file that comes with it that you can adjust to make it higher or lower. For max gloss set it to 1000 for lower set it to 5/10 and adjust from there. This tool can gloss whole folders at 1 time high light all the nifs and then drag and drop the whole thing onto gloss max's screen if it has skin in the nif it will adjust it to what the ini file is set at if it has no skin in it the nif will be skipped. Gloss max works on body nifs and armor/outfit nifs. 1 thing you can't gloss/ungloss with gloss max is heads those you have to do manually with nifskope.  

Doing it manually you load the body/armor/outfit up into nifskope then click the body part and look below the highlighted line to the left and look for the NiMaterialProperty line it will also have the word skin in the line with a little corsant looking thing beside it.

Click the arrow to the left of the line to get the drop down and go down to glossiness float and change it to whatever you want it to be at. Then save as to overwrite the nif.

attachicon.gifgloss.jpg

The problem is I already tried to do that, but the glossiness remained, so I think it must be something in the textures of the race, which I wouldn't know what to do with.

Thanks for the help :)

Well if you already did it to the body that you are using from setbody if you are using setbody. Maybe looking at the texture files of the moonshadow race and see what they are set at you might need photoshop to see that not sure and then you could change the texture files to match the moonshadow races settings. The moonshadow race even after changing the nifs to max never leave that dull look I think the EVY race at low setting has a nasty half ass polished gloss look but once I figured out how to gloss things I have set everything to max gloss and have never went back.

Also check for any misc. gloss or glow map files being 'applied' too. Typically they will be a texture with a _g in the file name. I think it needs to have the same file name as the main texture though, or it will not be applied.

It could also have to do with the texture layers, and as myuhinny already noted a review via photoshop (or gimp or paintshop pro) would be needed.

Edit

I just remembered something from working on the Zodiac Companions robes, which had a really wonky gloss applied. I had to run the NifSkope spell, Make All Skin Partitions in order for the edit to the Gloss value to take, identified by myuhinny in the above post.

Edited by varenne
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

@garcemac

Yeah, this race is totally OP.

I wish the color difference between the head and body could be fixed : /

Tried various fix from modderteam, but the skin become so white or yellow, not very nice.

Same here :( i have already managed to remove the op spells but i am stuck with the head skin tone color problem =.=

@erc1971

Depends on the hairs/hairmod you are using some hairs fit well while others not so well. Any X117 hair will fit differently then the regular hairs do. I use the EVY race and have no problem with her hairs.

Hmm... myuhinny i wonder did you managed to fix the head textures not looking the same as the body skin tone issue? I think i have spotted the problem in one of your pictures, the last picture seems to show that problem i am experiencing head color isn't the same as the body color.

So far i have tested some of the textures made for Evyrace posted and shared by these lovely community here :) but i can see some differences between these textures but i still get head skin tone discoloration issue sadly :( like most of the people here experienced.

The head skin tone color isn't the same as the body skin tone even when the textures are made for the head and body together. Most of the time the head skin tone is brighter than the body skin tone.

EDIT: someone mention changing BFaceGenTexturing=0 in the .ini might help but all it did was remove the extra glossiness but skin tone issue is still there =.=

@Broccoli

I think that screenshot only looks like it has a texture issue as that side is in the shade so it looks like it's mismatched. You must use the same texture set for all body parts or mismatch can happen. So make sure you don't have anything that is overwriting them and make sure all the texture files being used are from the same mod.

@Apahguinsimo

What body mod are you using? Chances are if nothing is changing you might be doing the wrong body. I'm using nifskope 1.1.3 and changing glossiness float for the evy race head from 1000.0000 to 10.0000 changes in appearance. 

post-25667-0-37810400-1501200370_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-40789800-1501200455_thumb.png

Hmm I have used the body that came with the mod, which I believe is HGEC. From what I can see in those two screenshots however adjusting the glossiness did not change the skin tone, it just made the face shinier. The actual skin tone on the top and periphery of the face is unchanged, whereas the Evie in the screenshot I posted definitely has a fair complexion across the whole face / body. I would very much like to know how to do that, but everything with oblivion is so old now that I am not sure where to discover this.

Load the body with the skin tone you want and head into Blender and make the head has the same rendering settings across the board as the body. Export the head. Double-check the Material setting on the new head, make sure it matches the body's exactly. You might need to make a custom _n map for the head, then a custom _n map for the body, feet, and hands that all use the same normalizer properties, and then make those parts the body override for Blockhead...

Edit: Give me a few days and I'll look at it, too.

Mmm...so even with the normal maps, it doesn't 'fix' the issue. It's not an issue with the normal maps. The coloration of the head just...doesn't match the coloration of the body. Secondly, the person who uvmapped the head's neck was really sloppy. The seam is irremovable just because of the UVmapping of the body's neck and head's neck not being remotely matching. I'll see what I can do about it, but I see why all of the previous 5 pages never found a solution.

Evy race textures.

Don't know which version. And I never played the race.

But the textures have the same color (foot, hand, head and ears)

evyrace.7z

And there are two head meshes in my version, one with NiSpecularProperty and one without NiSpecularProperty.

evy head meshes.7z

Don't know if the files are the same as in the 1.4 version. If not, maybe they are helpful.

I tired out fejeena's files, but they seem to have made the eyes no longer work. I get empty sockets with them. The face shape is also different. However, the problem of being unable to recolour the face remains. I still cannot figure out how to get the EvyRace to have a fair skin complexion like in the screenshot I posted a few messages up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/15/2017 at 3:03 AM, Apahguinsimo said:

I tired out fejeena's files, but they seem to have made the eyes no longer work. I get empty sockets with them. The face shape is also different. However, the problem of being unable to recolour the face remains. I still cannot figure out how to get the EvyRace to have a fair skin complexion like in the screenshot I posted a few messages up.

I deleted the face nif and im getting pretty results.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...