Crash help

Posting this for a friend

lately he's been having alot of crashes on start up. last night he re-installed the game and at my recommendation started using the Mod organizer. but it still crashes... but only in the Helgen/Whiterun area, and that's with just the 3 dlc and official texture packs enabled. (both esp and bsa are active)

only other thing he has atm is SKSE. well, he has mods, but with them on or off he still crashes. using a new save too, so no missing masters or anything.

everything it installed properly and up to date, as i walked him thru it in the same manor i did it.

he can load a save in other areas, walk around and what not, but as soon as he travels to the Whiterun area, it crashes.

When doing a reinstall it is a good idea to go into your games folder and wipe out *everything* then go to steam and use the unistall then once it's done reinstall the game back. This way you make sure that you get everything when you uninstall from steam all it does is uninstall what it placed/installed onto your computer so anything that you or a mod added to the game will not be removed. You will have to start the game once normally so that the games start thing pops up so that it can set your ini files and what not.

Textures shouldn't cause a crash unless his machine can't handle them. And even in that case he should be able to work around it with the mempatch and FreeMem (if he hasn't already added them). Between Helgen and Riverwood is a rather intensive area graphics wise. I always see a hit there so I'd assume everyone does. And adding hi res textures sure isn't going to help. :lol:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

FreeMem was linked here on LL somewhere, but can't find it right now. It IS here, though. And it works/helps.

Is he using a XBox controller? It should just work by default. I am using a Logitech copy of a PS controller and have to run the "xc360e" emulator to trick my machine. Works great, though.

it was working fine til he got the game stable, working fine now playing another game, jsut suddenly didnt want to work with skyrim.

Archived