Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

Anyone who believes otherwise may also want to remove CBBE/UNP bodyshapes and good teeth, pretty much every nice looking haircut, and start making hairy leg textures for chicks. We can also throw out all the nice low-cut tops and short skirts, as well as any clothing that's even vaguely flattering. I dunno about anyone else, but I'd much rather have modern ideals in a fantasy setting than a realistic setting that I neither understand nor am aroused by.

Shaving your legs is not new.  Revealing and tailored clothes are not new.  Hair care is not new.  Toothcare is p. fucking ancient.  Bodyshapes are...bodies?  Let's give that one to you lol.  People have only recently had bodies, impeccable argumentation.

If someone wants to create a lore-friendly db file that includes the line "I'm going to drive my antheros deep into your cunnus", they can go right ahead.

It sounds like you've already made a start lol. 

For anyone who doesn't like any individual text from Apropos they can edit it, that is the beauty of this mod. Just don't call it "Lore-Friendly" or other such pap because the "lore" is modern nonsense applied to a pseudo-medieval setting anyway.

It's a great game vanilla, it's a far better game with the mods from here and Nexus applied.

Excellent reply, Decauk! On another matter, do you have (or can you direct me to) the uniquefile names for the cj, leito, and 4D animsations? I am pretty certain that some of them would display messages. 'Cunnalingus' for sure.

Most of them work fine, some are just missing tags, or have incorrect tags.

File below with my notes for the Non-SexLab Animation pack.

Tags.txt

It is, and it works fine when I've tested it.

Did you go into Apropos' MCM menu and turn Stage 1 on? By default it is off.

No I didn't lol well now I feel like a moron :D . Thank you.

I guess you missed the last line of my message: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28123-apropos/?p=1038138

:)

Yeah didnt read it properly I read the first part and assumed you just needed to rename the file. Sorry for the trouble lol, it's working fine now.

found a little typo in one of the texts:

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM] ---- OrgasmStart ----
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM] Actors >>
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM]     [0]: Forsworn, female  <lewd> <enjoyment:56> <pain:35> <arousal:28>
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM]     [1]: Forsworn Forager, male  <lewd> <enjoyment:65> <pain:28> <arousal:76>
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM] Animation: 'Arrok 69' ('ArrokOral') (Arrok,BBP,sex,Oral,Cunnilingus,Blowjob,69,MF,FM,Aggressive)
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM] Breton
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM] animation ArrokOral is listed as unique
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM]  let go, continuing right through her orgasm.
[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM] Forsworn's hips buck wildly, but ACTIVE} doesn't

it seems its in the FemaleActor_ArrokOral_Orgasm.txt at the bottom. (using just the normal apropos download, uhhh.. think it is Apropos_Beta_2014_10_21_01)

---------------------------------------

and some little ideas (they probably got discussed a million times already...):

-enable/disable messages buttons for player/follower/npcs for the different message types W&T/stage progression/all the other text. so you could i.e. turn off the stage progressions for npcs but leave i..e start and orgasm messages on and just display progression too for followers and player? if there are multiple sex scenes all the messages that get thrown in the top corner might get a bit too much.

-and in regards to the skyrim message system in the corner:

what about an apropos widget that shows the messages elsewhere on the screen when they happen? i.e. beeing female and the arousal mod do have widgets by now and arousal displays lines of text.

maybe some sort of similar widget (i.e. checking how these two widgets do stuff and creating a new one) could be used for apropos, that displays the text then in a configurable "box/place" somewhere. could even have a button you need to press then for the text to go away... or a configurable timer... well alone not having to use the skyrim message system (that doesnt seem to be working with long lines of text/much text) might be worth looking into widgets.

who knows... maybe its "not that difficult" to create one, i mean... all the text database and all are there already... maybe how apropos sends the text to the skyrim messages could be instead be changed to display that text in a widget. *shrugs*

found a little typo in one of the texts:

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM] ---- OrgasmStart ----

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM] Actors >>

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM]     [0]: Forsworn, female  <lewd> <enjoyment:56> <pain:35> <arousal:28>

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM]     [1]: Forsworn Forager, male  <lewd> <enjoyment:65> <pain:28> <arousal:76>

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:36PM] Animation: 'Arrok 69' ('ArrokOral') (Arrok,BBP,sex,Oral,Cunnilingus,Blowjob,69,MF,FM,Aggressive)

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM] Breton

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM] animation ArrokOral is listed as unique

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM]  let go, continuing right through her orgasm.

[01/04/2015 - 03:24:37PM] Forsworn's hips buck wildly, but ACTIVE} doesn't

it seems its in the FemaleActor_ArrokOral_Orgasm.txt at the bottom. (using just the normal apropos download, uhhh.. think it is Apropos_Beta_2014_10_21_01)

---------------------------------------

and some little ideas (they probably got discussed a million times already...):

-enable/disable messages buttons for player/follower/npcs for the different message types W&T/stage progression/all the other text. so you could i.e. turn off the stage progressions for npcs but leave i..e start and orgasm messages on and just display progression too for followers and player? if there are multiple sex scenes all the messages that get thrown in the top corner might get a bit too much.

-and in regards to the skyrim message system in the corner:

what about an apropos widget that shows the messages elsewhere on the screen when they happen? i.e. beeing female and the arousal mod do have widgets by now and arousal displays lines of text.

maybe some sort of similar widget (i.e. checking how these two widgets do stuff and creating a new one) could be used for apropos, that displays the text then in a configurable "box/place" somewhere. could even have a button you need to press then for the text to go away... or a configurable timer... well alone not having to use the skyrim message system (that doesnt seem to be working with long lines of text/much text) might be worth looking into widgets.

who knows... maybe its "not that difficult" to create one, i mean... all the text database and all are there already... maybe how apropos sends the text to the skyrim messages could be instead be changed to display that text in a widget. *shrugs*

Read "Currently Under Development" in the OP. :)

I love this mod, my only wish is a german translation of the ingame comments. (Yes there is a translation, but its outdated) 

Hopefully the format is amenable to translation. :)

But because the source material has changed a lot in the past, I can see how frustrating might become a obstacle.

Will it stabilize? That's an excellent question. I think after the next release it will begin to show signs of stabilization. The next release includes theme-based description selection, which will allow for new "versions" of the db to be creating for various flavors of messages.

Im having an issue with one of my synonyms.

I'm using the {ASS} tag.

"{ASS}": [
        "butt",
        "butt",
        "butt",
        "ass",
        "ass",
        "rear",
        "rear"
    ],

That is what the {ASS} entry looks like in my synonym file. The problem is when it displays rear it displays it as REar.  Any ideas? Not having this issue with any other synonyms in any other of my descriptions.

The description line that keeps screwing up is  "{PRIMARY} begins to thrust her {WTANAL} {ASS} back against me as she feels her orgasm approach." 

I'm using the {ASS} tag.

"butt",
        "butt",
        "butt",
        "ass",
        "ass",
        "rear",
        "rear"
    ],

That is what the {ASS} entry looks like in my synonym file. The problem is when it displays rear it displays it as REar.  Any ideas? Not having this issue with any other synonyms in any other of my descriptions.

The description line that keeps screwing up is  "{PRIMARY} begins to thrust her {WTANAL} {ASS} back against me as she feels her orgasm approach." 

Yes, we have seen this before on occasion. What it is is some words have already been internalized in Skyrim and will showup strangely capitalized, or in your case, two lettered REar. For instance, "member" will always show up as "Member", etc. Apparently these words are internal to Skyrim strings tables and cannot be changed. Even the functions in SKSE to change to uppercase, lowercase have been deprecrated because of this limitation.

The only solution is to abandon the word in your list and pick another.

I'm using the {ASS} tag.

"butt",
        "butt",
        "butt",
        "ass",
        "ass",
        "rear",
        "rear"
    ],

Yes, we have seen this before on occasion. What it is is some words have already been internalized in Skyrim and will showup strangely capitalized, or in your case, two lettered REar. For instance, "member" will always show up as "Member", etc. Apparently these words are internal to Skyrim strings tables and cannot be changed. Even the functions in SKSE to change to uppercase, lowercase have been deprecrated because of this limitation.

Another solution is assemble sentence not in Papyrus. Can be tricky and hard, as the point is to not pass synonym through Papyrus

I'm using the {ASS} tag.

"butt",
        "butt",
        "butt",
        "ass",
        "ass",
        "rear",
        "rear"
    ],

Another solution is assemble sentence not in Papyrus. Can be tricky and hard, as the point is to not pass synonym through Papyrus

... Basically rewrite a big chunk of the mod as a SKSE plugin...

EDIT: Or maybe in LUA?

So I'm using unique animations descriptor for 4D doggy-style because the first stage is a blowjob and I need a different description for that. If I only put a file for stage 1 in that folder will the other stages use the default anal descriptions?

Apropos has a fallback mechanism so if they file for the unique animation is not found, it falls back to the legacy tag-based file structure.

I can confirm that it will use the default files if you only write partial animations, I've tested this already.

If you write only the stage1 for 4D Doggystyle, it will then use the regular vaginal/anal files for the rest (I don't remember which one this animation is).

Seems that the custom db (161214) is missing arousal.txt and WearAndTear_Damage.txt. So if you delete the old one, those will be missing. Noticed when I was only getting default damages. Other than that the custom db is great.

Arousal.txt is not used (never was used). 

However, I confirm that this database is missing the second file. It would be best to overwrite, rather than replace.

If a straight overwrite is used, then you'll end up with both starting and Stag1 messages, resulting in duplicate messages.
I'll grab the missing file and stick it in the database.

Eventually I'll get round to simply making dummy blank files to prevent this issue.

If a straight overwrite is used, then you'll end up with both starting and Stag1 messages, resulting in duplicate messages.

I'll grab the missing file and stick it in the database.

Eventually I'll get round to simply making dummy blank files to prevent this issue.

It might be easier to just add a switch in the mod to enable/disable Animation Start.